Chat Help Settings Subscription Blog Banned Users Search

Go Back   Houston-Imports.com > Off-Topic > Archives

Old 11-11-2011, 10:31 AM   #141
NgoFcukinWay
Brown chicken brown cow

Car: JZA80
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmike View Post
I really encourage everyone to go on a ride a long preferably on night shift. You're perspective about police work will change.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03DSM-RSX View Post
yup, Hpd does. As long as you have a clear history, you're good to go. Just need to fill out some disclaimers of course. And they obviously wont put a citizen in the heat of danger, but more on the outskirts if the opportunity allows.
I asked one of the Sheriffs around here and he said that they usually only take Criminal Justice students or the like for ride-alongs. Good to know that HPD is a bit more lenient. I'll hit them up. Been wanting to check this off my bucket list for a while.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:56 AM   #142
fuente27hpv
right behind you

Car: 350Z
If you live in the City of South Houston you can do a ride along.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:15 PM   #143
03DSM-RSX
st00pified

Car:
Send a message via AIM to 03DSM-RSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonsi View Post
How come you don't see police clocking at night?

Sent from my Htcclay's SuperCM7 G2 using Tapatalk
i do....not as often on freeways.

i use both radar and laser. radar when i'm moving, laser when i feel like camping somewhere. laser is a lot easier to testify to in court, radar is easy but just more specifics to remember and make notes on.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:19 PM   #144
03DSM-RSX
st00pified

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
say its 4am on a weekeday and you go to mcdonalds and notice a guy on the side of the drive through, not really in plain view, taking a piss because the line is too long. YOu approach him and he isnt drunk but he has had 4-5 beers. Take him in for PI, ticket, anything?
i could do a number of things.

If he was driving, then i'd take him to jail to prevent him from being dwi. 4-5 beers can cause some to be DWI. Booked on pi and urinating in public. Did this to a 95 yr old man who decided to drive up the police station, park in the driveway, and piss on the ground. Said he had 2 bottles of sake and pooped himself.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:30 PM   #145
Bob'sBurgers
Low Baller

Car: 2004 ep3
Send a message via Yahoo to Bob'sBurgers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prissy View Post
You need to retake your driving exam.

You passed a vehicle illegally and you were pulled over by a police officer and issued a citation. What is there to comprehend other than you were too impatient to wait for the car to merge? In your post, you stated, I went around him with half of my car in the shoulder and half past the white line which are both illegal maneuvers.

Thanks for playing though.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:03 PM   #146
RiiK
Aka rykg

Car: Allez,Rockhopper & Bokor
With all these home invasions going on and me being armed at night, if a crack head breaks and enters and im in fear of my life and unload on his face. will I be charged?

Cause i amed for the head? ive been playing alot of black ops and the head is like second nature?
Old 11-11-2011, 02:33 PM   #147
hardnutz
Marry me, ( . Y . )

Car: 2003 Toyota Tundra
Send a message via AIM to hardnutz
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikg35 View Post
With all these home invasions going on and me being armed at night, if a crack head breaks and enters and im in fear of my life and unload on his face. will I be charged?

Cause i amed for the head? ive been playing alot of black ops and the head is like second nature?
In the heat of the moment, I don't think you'll even remember where you were aiming when you see a wild crackhead coming after you. I think you'll be lucky to hit him in the head. Honestly, if you are basing your reflex and real-life situations off Black Ops, you should really consider going to a real tactical class. You don't get slight-of-hand pro or auto-aim or anything like that in real life.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:57 PM   #148
03DSM-RSX
st00pified

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikg35 View Post

like stated earlier, we cant give legal advice like that bc we're not lawyers. everything could be in perfect and legal, but its all up to the grand jury to decide if u are to be charged with anything.

u're going to need a lawyer thats for sure, to make sure ur rights are not neglected or infringed upon during the process.

with home invasions, its usually not random "crackheads" who are doing them. they do make some plans, and usually dont do them alone. so after one is down, expect another.

Training is key to gun ownership. It takes more than just shooting at the range to train. Stress training provided by tactical instructors usually are the recommended type. Aim for center mass, its the biggest target. If u miss a headshot, where is that bullet going to stop? The wall? A family member? Innocent across the street?

Time to play MW3
Old 11-12-2011, 07:32 AM   #149
5w20
Where is Fat Mike?

Car: stockness
Any fros on the force?

Old 11-12-2011, 02:21 PM   #150
Limeade
Nemo me impune lacessit

Car: 13 Fx4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasdeep View Post
Wife got a ticket yesterday, she was at Bunker Hill and Longpoint making a right turn. Light was red when she approached the light. She stopped and made a turn, Police pulled her over and gave her a ticket for "running a red light" WTF. I thought we could turn on red lights after coming to a full stop.
Well that depends, you can't turn right on red on all traffic lights. However assuming it was a light should could turn red on she may have no come to a complete stop. I honestly can't make a judgement call on that but I do know most people genuinely believe they stop when in fact they are still rolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Din View Post
is making a left at a red light to a one way street legal? Of corse stopping first. I do this downtown all the time. I figure it would be the same as making a right at a red light.
I'm going to let someone who is better with traffic answer that one, it's not something I run into a lot where I work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonsi View Post
How come you don't see police clocking at night?

Can't speak for them, but they are probably scared of getting hit by a drunk.

Sent from my Htcclay's SuperCM7 G2 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
say its 4am on a weekeday and you go to mcdonalds and notice a guy on the side of the drive through, not really in plain view, taking a piss because the line is too long. YOu approach him and he isnt drunk but he has had 4-5 beers. Take him in for PI, ticket, anything?
What would I do? Probably chew his ass and nothing more. But most would probably ticket or arrest for something like that...more than likely a PI.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:22 PM   #151
Limeade
Nemo me impune lacessit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5w20 View Post
Any fros on the force?

Yes, especially the old schoolers.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:06 PM   #152
edex
#trancefamilyhoutx

Car: D21 4X4
Send a message via AIM to edex Send a message via Yahoo to edex
why is having good credit such an important factor for applying? my credit isn't the best due to some poor decisions I made when I became of age and some medical bills I got.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:22 PM   #153
SCmike
OP Vayne

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by edex View Post
why is having good credit such an important factor for applying? my credit isn't the best due to some poor decisions I made when I became of age and some medical bills I got.
Medical bills should not be a problem as long as your trying to pay. They think bad credit and bad decisions correlate somehow and that your more likely to steal / corrupt. I have seen us turn away some good guys because they have an unpaid bills that have stacked up.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:28 PM   #154
Mr. Din
www.pocket-cinema.com

Car: A few beaters
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Din
if a tow truck driver is towing your car and you run and jump in.. would that be kidnapping? I heard someone say that before..
Old 11-12-2011, 03:58 PM   #155
edex
#trancefamilyhoutx

Car: D21 4X4
Send a message via AIM to edex Send a message via Yahoo to edex
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmike View Post
Medical bills should not be a problem as long as your trying to pay. They think bad credit and bad decisions correlate somehow and that your more likely to steal / corrupt. I have seen us turn away some good guys because they have an unpaid bills that have stacked up.
ouch. I'm cleaning up my act but it's slow going. I'm joining the corps next year, but im looking at local law enforcement after the corps. hopefully by then I'll be on track.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:13 PM   #156
ZEDBIMMER
Motumbo

Car: 2001 E38
Quote:
if a tow truck driver is towing your car and you run and jump in.. would that be kidnapping? I heard someone say that before..
lol this
Old 11-12-2011, 04:23 PM   #157
Limeade
Nemo me impune lacessit

Quote:
No it wouldn't be kidnapping. Most of the time [because this happens all the time] they stop and call PD who makes the person get out if they have proof that they hooked the car up while it was empty. Tow matters are civil matters which we do not enforce, so we can't side with who was right or wrong in the dispute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edex View Post
ouch. I'm cleaning up my act but it's slow going. I'm joining the corps next year, but im looking at local law enforcement after the corps. hopefully by then I'll be on track.
You should be fine. Just stay at it and show improvement and you'll be fine, especially after getting out of the Military.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:39 PM   #158
Xtrix06
What's cookin?

Car: Batmobile
questions,

Do you guys know if they only look at the last 48 hours on class work and follow that GPA or look at everything you did so far (i went to three school and combined it). I've talked to both recruiters and both gave me different answers.

Also i got my paper work ready to apply, i saw on my Credit check that i only have 1 Credit card when i actually have 4 total. Will this slow me down?

I went to the run with recruiters and i believe that i have an interview up coming this month or next month. Any tips on how i can show them im really motivated and really wanna be a police officer? (I am sort of monotone guy).
Old 11-12-2011, 06:57 PM   #159
skyz
Forum addict

Car: Green
Send a message via AIM to skyz
[QUOTE=Limeade;11918485] No it wouldn't be kidnapping. Most of the time [because this happens all the time] they stop and call PD who makes the person get out if they have proof that they hooked the car up while it was empty. Tow matters are civil matters which we do not enforce, so we can't side with who was right or wrong in the dispute.

then what happened when you get there and cant side who was right or wrong?
still kick us out and let them tow first?
thanks
Old 11-12-2011, 11:27 PM   #160
sully
SIR STROKE-ALOT!

Car: 13' TW FB6
Send a message via AIM to sully

why isn't there a cop car behind this mf?

(always wanted to ask this question)

Tags
jedi fag, jedihomo, ltn❤penis, ofag, ogay