Go Back   Houston-Imports.com > Off-Topic > Archives

Old 11-08-2011, 10:01 AM   #101
03DSM-RSX
st00pified

Car:
Send a message via AIM to 03DSM-RSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sikdude View Post
Numbers and letters + the backing but leave "Texas" alone in white... Its was just a question I had to ask Limeade...
i highly advise you against painting it...
Old 11-08-2011, 10:02 AM   #102
03DSM-RSX
st00pified

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewaf1 View Post
Do you guys literally hate bikers? I see the increase in trying to stop them lately at night. ive personally have gotten about 18 tickets and im only 20 :facepalm:

i dont...but you dont get 18 tickets for just being a biker right?
Old 11-08-2011, 10:11 AM   #103
03DSM-RSX
st00pified

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseCrx View Post
How do the police feel about the whole NO REFUSAL being in direct conflict with the 5th Amendment?

Personally I think the rule is bullshit.
For me, i love the No Refusal. Victims of DWI deaths/accidents dont get a choice about being hit by one either. The 5th amendment does not protect anyone from putting someone else's life at risk, esp in Harris Co with #1 DWI related accidents and fatalities.

Everyone makes the conscious choice about drinking and driving, no matter how wasted they are. If you plan on drinking, plan on not driving and adjust your plans if you dont get buzzed.

With the little number of DWI-assigned officers out on the street, you have to be really doing something outrageous to catch their attention. Of course, patrol units do DWI's as well but you really have to stick out of a bunch.

DWI is one that screws everyone where it hurts, their careers and their wallets. Doctors, lawyers, police/firefighter, students, etc etc. This crime doesn't discriminate and isnt cheap.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:13 AM   #104
03DSM-RSX
st00pified

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshoowa View Post
Does HPD or any dept have citizen ride along opportunity? I would love to ride around and see a LEO's day of work.

yup, Hpd does. As long as you have a clear history, you're good to go. Just need to fill out some disclaimers of course. And they obviously wont put a citizen in the heat of danger, but more on the outskirts if the opportunity allows.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:16 AM   #105
Limeade
Nemo me impune lacessit

Car: 13 Fx4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewaf1 View Post
Do you guys literally hate bikers? I see the increase in trying to stop them lately at night. ive personally have gotten about 18 tickets and im only 20 :facepalm:
No why would we? The back sidewalk of our station looks like a motorcycle dealership. Everything from Ducatis to Sportsters and GoldWings. I have to say, 18 tickets is a lot of tickets to get before you're 20. Slow down man, it's not worth it. Ever watched a biker bleed to death while looking for his right leg? Or one turned into a complete vegetable? It's not fun, you're young slow down you've got plenty of time to ride.

Quote:
How do the police feel about the whole NO REFUSAL being in direct conflict with the 5th Amendment?

Personally I think the rule is bullshit.
I see both sides to it. I think most people have an issue with search warrants being issued without cause, but that's not what "No refusal" is about. People have this idea that no matter what we will take a blood sample and that's really not the case.

You need PC for a search warrant, you need a warrant to force someone into giving blood. On no refusal weekends judges still have to sign off on your PC, which is no different then any other warrant. There just happens to be judges on call 24/7 for those weekends.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:25 AM   #106
Limeade
Nemo me impune lacessit

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshoowa View Post
Does HPD or any dept have citizen ride along opportunity? I would love to ride around and see a LEO's day of work.
Yup, you can go to any station and say you want to a do a ride a long. Try to get on a night shift preferably in a bad area.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:47 AM   #107
Limeade
Nemo me impune lacessit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNVi3t2007 View Post
If someone rides with you can they have a CCW on them while riding with you if he/she has a CHL?

What if a crime occurs? Shots fired, can we help shoot back if you were shooting? lol
Per policy we're the only ones with guns, unless you are a off duty LEO or FLEO.

We try to keep people out of trouble and out of danger. We got the owner of Landrys in a high speed vehicle pursuit and foot chase
Old 11-08-2011, 11:21 AM   #108
cashtown
detonation

Car: '04 Lightning '05 Busa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeade View Post
Per policy we're the only ones with guns, unless you are a off duty LEO or FLEO.

We try to keep people out of trouble and out of danger. We got the owner of Landrys in a high speed vehicle pursuit and foot chase
Tilman Fertitta? I didn't hear about that. He's a pretty big HPD booster.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:44 PM   #109
SCmike
OP Vayne

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ek all day View Post
thanks for the answers, I got another question what's the most tickets y'all have ever heard of someone getting at once? cause when I had got 4 I thought it was crazy because everyone I know had never got more than 2 at once but last October the day my license got unsuspended I got stopped by post oak and 610 and got 8 tickets :facepalm: lol I shoulda got like 10 but I guess it was to much shit and he thought he already wrote it down? haha maybe limeaids heard of me before since you say you patrol the sw
I have received 7 infractions on one incident before I was in the department.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #110
SCmike
OP Vayne

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alreadyknow View Post
Got stopped twice today. once on bellaire and cook, another on westheimer and beltway. got let go with warnings on both. i think its because i had everything prepared to hand to them and I was pretty polite. Either way, it was pretty awesome that they didn't write me tickets both times today. I haven't been stopped in years, and got stopped twice today, weird. Thanks if it was anyone on this board, both cops were asian.

Edit: I got stopped for expired inspection. The car I was driving today, I don't really drive around too much. Only drove it bc it was raining and this car was in the garage.
Glad they gave you a break :-)

Old 11-08-2011, 01:49 PM   #111
SCmike
OP Vayne

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardnutz View Post
Limeade, not sure this has been discussed yet -

What is your typical routine when pulling someone over with a concealed handgun license? What would you prefer the driver do once he/she hands you their DL and CHL?
They usually hand me their license and CHL. I ask them to tell me verbally where their weapon is at and have never had a bad experience. Once you hand both items just wait for the officer to finish up.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:56 PM   #112
SCmike
OP Vayne

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardnutz View Post
Limeade, not sure this has been discussed yet -

What is your typical routine when pulling someone over with a concealed handgun license? What would you prefer the driver do once he/she hands you their DL and CHL?

I'm sure it depends on the reason for pulling over the driver, but let's assume this is just a typical traffic stop, i.e. speeding, running a stop sign, etc. Nothing like evading or suspended license.
Just hand them your DL and CHL and let the verbally know where your weapon is at if you do have it with you. Officers might retrieve it and run it just to make sure its not stolen. I have never had a bad experience with those who have a CHL :-) .
Old 11-08-2011, 02:04 PM   #113
SCmike
OP Vayne

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
Tilman Fertitta? I didn't hear about that. He's a pretty big HPD booster.
Ya cash, limeade and some other officers got a robbery susepct. I think him and his buddies did several licks that night.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:26 PM   #114
SCmike
OP Vayne

Car:
Quote:
I am not arguing in favor of drinking and driving.
The video I posted expresses perfectly my stance on the subject. I just wanted to get some input from a LEO on the matter. I am curious to know what happens when you get someone who refuses, you take them in and they test within the legal limits.

"Sorry bro! Oh what's that? Your car was towed to the impound? Yeah, that sucks."

My point is that it's a totally unnecessary policy when considering the procedures that LEOs have at their disposal. I think it's illegal search and seizure and a violation of the driver's 5th Amendment right.
DWI is a long process in which all liability (including the car) falls on us. I would hate to ever have that happen because the impound costs $$$$ but patrol rarely do as much DWIs as the DWI units. That has never happened to me or any of the guys that I work with. The policy we have in place is not set forth by us but by our department so its really difficult to do our job and at the same time show discretion, if that makes any sense.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:32 PM   #115
SCmike
OP Vayne

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumbeef View Post
do yall have coworkers or see other cops and wonder "how the hell did he pass school/academy? friggin idiot"?
Every single day.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:34 PM   #116
Limeade
Nemo me impune lacessit

Quote:
do yall have coworkers or see other cops and wonder "how the hell did he pass school/academy? friggin idiot"?
Yup. But the dept, like the military has a place for everyone. There are people on the dept that I wouldn't search a glass house with, but they are fantastic with kids. There are people that have weird introverted personalities but I know they have my back to the fullest when the SHTF.

We all start in patrol, but we aren't all made for patrol...but lets say there is a person that can't fight for shit, is scary on the streets, but he is a dam fine detective. Well he is going to have to do his time in patrol no matter what and it may not be pretty but once he pays his dues he'll be afforded the opportunity to show of his real talents in a capacity that's more suited for him/her.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:14 PM   #117
SCmike
OP Vayne

Car:
Quote:
any positive or negative opinions on female officers?
Everyone has their own opinion but like limeade says there is a division for everyone. Personally, I am glad we have female officers and sadly I rather have some female officers backing me up then some males.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:16 PM   #118
SCmike
OP Vayne

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enron Exec View Post
You make me wanna sign up Limeade....
Do it :-) .
Old 11-08-2011, 05:00 PM   #119
SCmike
OP Vayne

Car:
Quote:
if I'm walking down the street pants sagging a little,with a fitted hat turned a little crooked, and a styrofoam cup with something purplish pink in it. would that be enough to be considered probable cause and for you to check what's in my cup? or would that be profiling?
Officers can always make a consensual encounter with anybody regardless of race, sex, clothing. We patrol the SW area if we stopped every person that sagged their pants and had their hat to the side, nobody would run their calls lol.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:02 PM   #120
Limeade
Nemo me impune lacessit

Quote:
any positive or negative opinions on female officers?
One of the most bad ass officers I personally know is a female. Scmike knows who I'm talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enron Exec View Post
You make me wanna sign up Limeade....
Do it, if you can't take the full time plunge see if there are any part time positions in the county. There is absolutely nothing like it.

Quote:
if I'm walking down the street pants sagging a little,with a fitted hat turned a little crooked, and a styrofoam cup with something purplish pink in it. would that be enough to be considered probable cause and for you to check what's in my cup? or would that be profiling?
I can talk to anyone I want without any evidence of wrong doing, they just don't have to talk to me However there is a distinct difference between PC [Needed for a arrest/search] and reasonable suspicion, which is the belief based on "more than a hunch but less than PC" that someone has, or is about to commit a crime.

Example:

If I see a guy that is holding a crow bar while wearing a ski mask, black gloves and all black dress a night on a muggy evening that may be considered enough reasonable suspicion to momentarily detain him.

So to answer your question no it wouldn't be enough. However if you were walking in the street then you could be detained/arrested for J-Walking and search incident to arrest you drink could be checked.

Tags
jedi fag, jedihomo, ltn❤penis, ofag, ogay