Chat Help Settings Subscription Blog Banned Users Search

Go Back   Houston-Imports.com > Off-Topic > Archives

Old 12-04-2011, 12:05 PM   #241
fuente27hpv
right behind you

Car: 350Z
most cases I have seen regarding a female abusing a male is the male will have marks of some kind. You can tell who is lying once you start talking to people. never go into a situation with your mind made up. I personally will not hit a woman, I have thrown and choked quiet a few though. I do not tolerate that shit on or off duty
Old 12-04-2011, 12:21 PM   #242
Prelude92
Team BNR FTW

Car: BB2
Send a message via AIM to Prelude92 Send a message via Yahoo to Prelude92
throwing and choking arent forms of assault? i believe this is a very gray area where females have the upper hand. im fairly passive but i worry that i may just have a burst of rage and lose it in a situation like that. (bottled up anger and it has happened to some extent) therefore, if i have this knowledge handy i believe i can control myself to the point of her receiving all the legal persecution afforded to her while i release some rage/stress @ the range or something.
thanks
Old 12-04-2011, 12:50 PM   #243
fuente27hpv
right behind you

I suggest attempting to restrain. In Harris county, once you put your hands on someone's neck in a family violence situation, its an automatic felony. I throw and choke on and off duty cause I can articulate why I did what I did. I suggest just to restrain for a normal person. i train in BJJ so I know how to apply the techniques properly
Old 12-04-2011, 06:28 PM   #244
Limeade
Nemo me impune lacessit

Car: 13 Fx4
The bottom line is that legally there is no difference between a man and a woman committing assault.

In a household the best thing to do is LEAVE, I always tell people that when you see it getting bad just walk out.

You can defend yourself, but I believe a bit of reasonableness comes into play, if a 5'02 110 girl hits me in my stomach and I [6'03 210lbs] punches her in her face three times breaking her nose, eye socket and jaw....well I'm not sure that's going to be looked at positively.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:48 PM   #245
Limeade
Nemo me impune lacessit

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Stylee View Post
There is a 30.06 posted in my parking garage next to the door to the main building. My boss claims that since we lease office space we can carry legally, and that the 30.06 only applies to people who work for the building or visitors. Confirm/Deny?
\

Hmmm, that kind of fall into the legal jargon realm of things so I'm not sure. I was think that the property manager has the final say but again I'm not sure.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:49 PM   #246
Limeade
Nemo me impune lacessit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura View Post
another question....How long does it usually take for you to get commissioned once your information has been sent to austin?
Commissioned as in what? A Texas peace officer or a commissioned security guard?
Old 12-13-2011, 08:17 AM   #247
Limeade
Nemo me impune lacessit

Sorry about the above posts [written on my phone]

Anyways, if I remember right it didn't take very long once I passed my TCLEOSE test at the end of the academy. I think like most things it's varies with how many people are applying.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:39 AM   #248
03DSM-RSX
st00pified

Car:
Send a message via AIM to 03DSM-RSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumbeef View Post
cop car question: i see cars all the time with light bars and the driver side spot light. do all cop cars only have plain white "exempt" license plates, or do legit cops have regular plates on their on duty cars? or in other words if charger with light bar and spot light has regular people plates, is there a 0% chance he's a cop?

i'd imagine under cover cops wouldn't drive around with light bars and spot lights and regular license plates.
edit: by undercover i mean undercover drug busting type. not undercover traffic speed trap cops.
most should have exempt plates as far as traffic/patrol vehicles. But there are vehicles with regular plates that can run lights/sirens. (on-call assigned duties, higher administrators, etc etc) I really cant tell you because i dont know it all and circumstances can change. It could be one of our chiefs pulling you over if you did something drastic

I know in other states there are regular vehicles used as undercover traffic enforcement cars. Houston doesnt do that though for citizen safety reasons for the most part.

Always use caution if you doubt if its an officer pulling you over. put your hazards on to let them know u pulling over, but drive to the next lighted area if u want (within reasonable distance).
Old 12-15-2011, 06:38 PM   #249
Limeade
Nemo me impune lacessit

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=8459132

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=8459598

Quote:
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A fallen Houston police officer was honored by the department Thursday. It comes more than six months after that officer gave his life for a citizen, alerting the man to an out-of-control vehicle that was headed for them both.

Related Content
STORY: Fallen HPD officer remembered by family, friends
MORE: Got a story idea? Let us know!
Officer Kevin Will, 38, this morning received two awards posthumously, the Medal of Valor and the Life Saving Award. At the ceremony, Officer Will's widow and his three children -- one of them an infant born since his death -- were there to receive the awards on his behalf.

The officer was investigating a crash on the North Loop on May 29 when police say an intoxicated driver went around the police barricade. Officer Will had been talking to a witness who he warned in time for that witness to escape being hit. Officer Will was struck and killed.

There were 92 officers and civilians being honored today at the LD Morrison Training Academy on Aldine-Westfield in northeast Houston for varying degrees of service. But it is rare, the kind of sacrifice made by Officer Kevin Will.

"It is very rare. We reserved Life Saving Awards and especially Medals of Valor for only those special circumstances that meet the highest standards of our conduct," said one HPD officer at the ceremony.

As a side note, police did arrest the driver in this case. He is awaiting his next court hearing on a charge of intoxication manslaughter of a peace officer.

(Copyright 2011 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
Figured I would put this here. Congratulations Will, you deserve it, you were the true definition of a hero.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:37 AM   #250
HPorkchopD
Done. Go Coogs c/o 2013.

Car:
So I got a speeding ticket last month while going to Missouri. I was given a citation by a DPS officer and have opted to take defensive driving. My question is, when I mail in the form, do I choose NOLO CONTENDERE or GUILTY? It was a ticket for 9 over...guess I should have slowed down to the 10% they apparently allow.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:30 AM   #251
fuente27hpv
right behind you

yep, that is it. both terms pretty much mean the same thing, guilty or no contest which is pretty much saying guilty, lol
Old 12-20-2011, 10:32 AM   #252
ninjapleazee
The Director

Car: continental GT
Send a message via AIM to ninjapleazee
I've cleaned up this thread as much as I could.

Thanks for answering all the questions guys, please quote the questions when you guys reply that way it will be easier for me to clean up the unnecessary posts

For the rest that have traffic related questions, scan through the first few pages, your answers might have already been answered.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:14 PM   #253
Limeade
Nemo me impune lacessit

Thanks
Old 12-20-2011, 03:16 PM   #254
alreadyknow
GOT EM COACH

Car: Polaris RZR XP4 900
Send a message via AIM to alreadyknow
Do Constables handle most of the Traffic Citations? I've observed 9/10 times, it's a constable pulling someone over. Maybe it's just me.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:44 PM   #255
Limeade
Nemo me impune lacessit

Quote:
Originally Posted by alreadyknow View Post
Do Constables handle most of the Traffic Citations? I've observed 9/10 times, it's a constable pulling someone over. Maybe it's just me.
No it just depends on where they are assigned to work. A lot of times they may be assigned or contracted to work somewhere where the only problems may be traffic infractions [safe neighborhood]

But there are a couple of constables that work over in my area that routinely help me out on my calls. They monitor our air and will respond if back up isn't close or available, they also help out on a lot of accidents too.

So in short, they do everything I do, but their assignments can dictate what they do with the majority of their time.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:18 PM   #256
10js

Car:  
Would you ever do a "Cops" show or know another officer who ever did the show?

Also what color uniform are you in? The blues or dark navy? Do you have a choice? Could you be all "tact'd" out if you wanted?
Old 12-20-2011, 08:31 PM   #257
Camarowithbass
Drill baby drill

Car:
what happens (if anything)

If say your smoking marijuana in your backyard and the neighbor calls it in?

Do you guys come out? Ignore it?
Old 12-20-2011, 09:11 PM   #258
03DSM-RSX
st00pified

Car:
Send a message via AIM to 03DSM-RSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10js View Post

Also what color uniform are you in? The blues or dark navy? Do you have a choice? Could you be all "tact'd" out if you wanted?
depends on assignment and duties.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:20 PM   #259
Limeade
Nemo me impune lacessit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10js View Post

Nah I don't think I'd ever want to do a show like that. I used to watch cops and think, dam they must have to ride with them for months to find some action. I used to think the COPS was the cream of the crop when it came to SHTF type situations but in reality all that shit is tame compared to real patrol.

I'd only do it if I could act like myself and that's not likely.

Oh yeah, I'm in light blue, probably going to dark navy soon. As for getting all tacticool, what you wear is dictated by your assignment and training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarowithbass View Post
what happens (if anything)

If say your smoking marijuana in your backyard and the neighbor calls it in?

Do you guys come out? Ignore it?
We come out for anything, if someone calls, eventually someone will have to respond to that call. You would probably get your door knocked on though, I wouldn't risk it. Besides that's not being a good neighbor.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:24 PM   #260
Mr. Din
www.pocket-cinema.com

Car: A few beaters
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Din
if the school zone lights are flashing but school has let out for the holidays or their is no school. do you still have to slow to 20mph?

Tags
jedi fag, jedihomo, ltn❤penis, ofag, ogay