Chat Help Settings Subscription Blog Banned Users Search

Go Back   Houston-Imports.com > Off-Topic > Archives

Old 11-14-2011, 10:12 AM   #181
turbo_lude
end....

Car: IS350,4RUNNER
Send a message via AIM to turbo_lude
Question, I removed my wiper blades from the car (weekend car) only driven on pretty days. I was told that I should put the wiper arm/blade back because I can get cited for it?? Could you shine some light on this subject? Becuase if I can get in trouble for running with no wipers then bet your ass I'm putting them back on lol.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:23 AM   #182
AiJay
Nice shoes, Wanna Fuck?

Car: Nissan Sentra
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lude View Post
Question, I removed my wiper blades from the car (weekend car) only driven on pretty days. I was told that I should put the wiper arm/blade back because I can get cited for it?? Could you shine some light on this subject? Becuase if I can get in trouble for running with no wipers then bet your ass I'm putting them back on lol.
I know if your car came with wipers you need them to pass inspection. Not sure about legality though. Funny thing, you need wipers to pass, but you dont' have to have a windshield. Go figure.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:53 AM   #183
Leo

Car:
Ever ask a female motorist to "take care of the kid?"
Old 11-14-2011, 11:56 AM   #184
yumbeef
unproductive employee

Car: truckin
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardnutz View Post
What is the best way to get a hold of the police department, not 9-1-1, in the area you live in? Is there an online directory to search for the closest department based on your location/zip code?
if you live in harris county but not houston city limits, just call their non-emergency line and ask for local station number?
Old 11-14-2011, 02:47 PM   #185
Jasdeep
twitter.com/jasdeep

Car: Skyrine
Why is it that when a gun is used in self defense that you would have to take the gun away from the owner and 50% of the time the owner will actually get their property back.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:51 PM   #186
hardnutz
Marry me, ( . Y . )

Car: 2003 Toyota Tundra
Send a message via AIM to hardnutz
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumbeef View Post
if you live in harris county but not houston city limits, just call their non-emergency line and ask for local station number?
The main HCSO number is 713-221-6000 - I assume I can call that number if I pull up to my house and I notice my front door is kicked in?

But since I live in Katy I wonder if I would get a quicker response if I tried the Katy Police department instead.

Or I suppose in that particular scenario, I should probably just call 9-1-1.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:01 PM   #187
yumbeef
unproductive employee

wrd. camp at front door with g21 pointed at door and call 911. should get home monitoring service/alarm so they can tell you when alarm is tripped. just go ahead and call harris county or katy non emergency number and ask them if they can help you out in non-emergency situation. if they katy says "call harris county" then thats ur solution. if harris county says "call katy" then i guess ur fucked and no one will help you.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:18 PM   #188
03DSM-RSX
st00pified

Car:
Send a message via AIM to 03DSM-RSX
Quote:
i've never written a "no wiper blade" ticket before...but it could be cited as "missing equiment, to wit:...". But i highly doubt any officers look for that..
Old 11-15-2011, 05:17 AM   #189
fuente27hpv
right behind you

Car: 350Z
We have to perform ballistics on the gun and make sure that the gun in question was actually used. They also run in through to see if it was used in any crimes. Only time that the gun is not returned is when it is stolen. I have never heard of a gun that was legally owned not being returned to the owner.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:11 AM   #190
Limeade
Nemo me impune lacessit

Car: 13 Fx4
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardnutz View Post
What is the best way to get a hold of the police department, not 9-1-1, in the area you live in? Is there an online directory to search for the closest department based on your location/zip code?
Depends where you live, but if it's in the city try CityofHouston.Gov and go to the police services section. It will have a map with corresponding numbers for each station. Those are the numbers you need if you specifically need to get into contact with the station, if it's just a non emergency you can call the non emergency line which most jurisdictions have.

Quote:
Shouldn't be a problem. But don't get caught in the rain and get into a wreck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Ever ask a female motorist to "take care of the kid?"
Not sure what the reference means, but no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasdeep View Post
Why is it that when a gun is used in self defense that you would have to take the gun away from the owner and 50% of the time the owner will actually get their property back.
Where did you hear this from? The 50% statistic specifically?

As for the gun being taken away, well that's because we don't assume. You may know what happened but I don't and I'm not going to base a case that is contingent on a weapon based on assumptions.

For example, lets say I arrive on a scene and find a dead guy laying in the driveway of a home next to a open car. The owner runs out and says "I shot'em, but he was breaking into my car"

Let's say I assume he is telling the truth. Then two weeks later we find out the guy laying in the middle of the driveway was his wife's ex lover and upon finding out her husband shot'em she also claims ignorance in an attempt to protect her family and reputation.

Well, it hasn't been that long, but the defense is going to bring up all sorts of evidence issues if I left the murder weapon with the actual murderer and the prosecution is also going to have a difficult time convincing the jury that a competent investigation was performed.

As for them not being returned I've never heard of that. I've recovered tons of stolen guns off of the street and I always have to perform a stolen recovery report which is used to located the complainant. Hope that helps.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:29 AM   #191
AzNVi3t2007
<^>(o_0)<^>

Car: Eeeetherrrr6
Send a message via AIM to AzNVi3t2007
Quote:
wrd. camp at front door with g21 pointed at door and call 911. should get home monitoring service/alarm so they can tell you when alarm is tripped. just go ahead and call harris county or katy non emergency number and ask them if they can help you out in non-emergency situation. if they katy says "call harris county" then thats ur solution. if harris county says "call katy" then i guess ur fucked and no one will help you.
That happened to me when I was getting bounced back and forth with Harris County and HPD.. :facepalm:
Old 11-15-2011, 10:32 AM   #192
yumbeef
unproductive employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNVi3t2007 View Post
That happened to me when I was getting bounced back and forth with Harris County and HPD.. :facepalm:
i had that happen to when i called in an accident i saw on gessner and w. little york. dialed 911 on the cell phone, get connected to hpd, then they say "no thats harris county" then i get switched over and they say HPD so i just hang up. i think harris county eventually showed up. dude blew thru the light coming off 290 feeder on gessner and tboned a family turning left from little york onto gessner (i was behind the car that was hit and was also making a left). ambulance came, they thought everyone was okay, then i saw the teenage girl who was a passenger in the hit car throw up and alerted paramedics. paramedics put her on stretcher for further evaluation. gave a statement to the cop and left.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:27 AM   #193
yumbeef
unproductive employee

from fake cop steals man's wallet thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETB4U View Post
Actually a pretty good question for the police on here. If you suspect it's not a real cop, and you don't want to risk it actually being a cop and being thrown down in cuffs for "resisting arrest" while you tell him you don't think he's a cop; what do you do?
Old 11-15-2011, 11:34 AM   #194
Forever Alone
Alone I Am

Car: Z28/SC300/Camry
I believe you are allowed to call that in before subjecting to anything? Assuming you get stopped for something petty where the officer isn't ripping you out of the car for something.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:57 AM   #195
Limeade
Nemo me impune lacessit

Quote:
from fake cop steals man's wallet thread
The first thing I would do is become acquainted with what the police officers in and around my area look like. Everyone is pretty familiar with HPDs uniform and HCSO, but if you live in one of these smalls towns/municipalities around the city then it may be prudent to become familiar with theirs as well.

As far as what you should do in a event where you believe you being detained/held against your will be a non police officer...

Well that is a very tough question, I would say use caution and common sense. Unfortunately a lot of people use that excuse "Man I didn't know you was a cop!" So it's kind of played out.

I have personally never EVER heard of one of these situations transpiring where the suspect actually had anything that remotely looked like a police officer's uniform on. A lot of times will be a ball cap with "police" written on it and nothing more.

You are always free to call 911 if you are not detained yet, but I wouldn't go ape shit if the cops [a real one] tells you to put your phone down.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:01 PM   #196
kaytoos
becoming a regular here!

Car: Tarmac & Carve
Send a message via AIM to kaytoos
A car in front of me flicked a cigarette butt onto the center median the other day :facepalm:

What's your view on littering?
Old 11-15-2011, 12:03 PM   #197
Jasdeep
twitter.com/jasdeep

Car: Skyrine
I have actually seen a cop call someone to get out of their car to pick up their cig butt before. Not worth it man, littering is like a $2k fine...correct me if I am wrong
Old 11-15-2011, 12:05 PM   #198
yumbeef
unproductive employee

cigarette butts are #1 source of road side litter.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:10 PM   #199
Limeade
Nemo me impune lacessit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytoos View Post
A car in front of me flicked a cigarette butt onto the center median the other day :facepalm:

What's your view on littering?
My old trainer would get on the loud speaker and make them pick it up. I personally hate beer bottles. A lot of the time when you go to a really shitty apt complex in the south west you'll run into people just partying in the parking lot and after they are done they will leave 50+ beer bottles laying around.

My view on this is that it is obviously trashy and low class, it's jail or they pick it up.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:02 PM   #200
Mr. Din
www.pocket-cinema.com

Car: A few beaters
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Din
i see some people dumping trash in those large dumpsters in like business parks or apt complexes. is it illegal to dump trash in other peoples dumpsters? I figure it would be better than just throwing the trash on the side of the road somewhere.

Tags
jedi fag, jedihomo, ltn❤penis, ofag, ogay