Chat Help Settings Subscription Blog Banned Users Search

Advertisement

Go Back   Houston-Imports.com > Automotive Discussions > Car Talk

Old 09-17-2010, 10:24 AM   #1
sang26
civic si

Car: civic
huper optik vs formula 1 tint

i just recently bought a new car .now im in the market for tint,i dont want cheap tint . have any of you guy used huper optik or fourmula 1 tint befor?

HELP
sang26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 09-18-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
sang26
civic si

just pay 600 for huper optik. is the best tint you get
Old 09-18-2010, 05:05 PM   #3
Rollmodl
Thatvideomagazine Houston

Car:
I was a Huper Optik dealer in Florida and have installed it on a good number of cars. What do you need to know?
Rollmodl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
sang26
civic si

[QUOTE=Rollmodl;11148997]I was a Huper Optik dealer in Florida and have installed it on a good number of cars. What do you need to know?[/QUOTE

is it worth the money?
Old 09-18-2010, 08:05 PM   #5
Rollmodl

Car:
It definitely is. Because it's ceramic, it doesn't contain any dyes which means it will last forever. Most films are some sort of hybrid which is still good, but will fade at some point. Don't confuse this with turning purple or color change. The causes of heat is the infrared which Huper blocks effectively. Infrared is what you feel on your skin. Huper Drei is the sickest film out there blocking about 95% of infrared rays.

I installed Huper 30% on my car more than two years ago (including the windshield). It's in Florida, parked outside baking in the sun for 2 years now and it still looks good with a perfect interior. Not to oversell the product, it won't completely keep out the heat but it does a very good job. Remember most heat radiate through the largest windows, the front and back, which is why I tinted the windshield.

My only concern is the price. As a dealer I charged $350-$400 for the install which is cheap for a Huper install. My customers were mostly high end dealerships, Lexus and BMW. Did get a few Lambos. One customer called me from Miami (4 hour drive from Tampa) to install Huper on 4 cars and a yacht .

What percentage are you looking for? I have some left.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:21 PM   #6
sang26
civic si

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmodl View Post
It definitely is. Because it's ceramic, it doesn't contain any dyes which means it will last forever. Most films are some sort of hybrid which is still good, but will fade at some point. Don't confuse this with turning purple or color change. The causes of heat is the infrared which Huper blocks effectively. Infrared is what you feel on your skin. Huper Drei is the sickest film out there blocking about 95% of infrared rays.

I installed Huper 30% on my car more than two years ago (including the windshield). It's in Florida, parked outside baking in the sun for 2 years now and it still looks good with a perfect interior. Not to oversell the product, it won't completely keep out the heat but it does a very good job. Remember most heat radiate through the largest windows, the front and back, which is why I tinted the windshield.

My only concern is the price. As a dealer I charged $350-$400 for the install which is cheap for a Huper install. My customers were mostly high end dealerships, Lexus and BMW. Did get a few Lambos. One customer called me from Miami (4 hour drive from Tampa) to install Huper on 4 cars and a yacht .

What percentage are you looking for? I have some left.
i would like to tint the windshield
Old 09-19-2010, 10:29 AM   #7
Rollmodl

Car:
I use 50% for windshields. I don't recommend going darker. It cuts down on glare and enhances night vision. Formula One is made by the same company that makes Llumar. It's their high end line.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:14 PM   #8
desicurry21
Forum addict

Car:
I had Formula 1 on my TSX and Civic. I have V-Kool installed on my dad's cars. He has 55% all around (even on front windshield) Blocks the heat better then my tint, and has a nice blue color.
desicurry21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:37 AM   #9
sang26
civic si

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmodl View Post
I use 50% for windshields. I don't recommend going darker. It cuts down on glare and enhances night vision. Formula One is made by the same company that makes Llumar. It's their high end line.
can you pm how much? and or you uesd huper opik?
Old 09-21-2010, 08:42 PM   #10
Bimmer_Maniac
n00b

Car:
Huper Optik is definitely worth it, had the Drei installed on my Nissan Maxima two weeks ago and the amount of heat that it blocks is amazing. Even with my baby parked all day in the heat, it doesn't get as hot and it cools down fast. Not to mention the uv protection, and the thickness of it. The guys at Sun Shield Window Tint who are the Only authorized Huper optik Dealer in Houston for Automotive, are awesome.

Houston Window Tinting:

12127 Murphy Rd
Stafford, TX 77477
(281) 748 - 5660
Bimmer_Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 04:45 PM   #11
RoadRunner
EuropeanAG.com

Car: Mk5 GTI-'68 Roadrunner
I had Geoshield Dark Matter 20% Ceramic installed and I love it. Cooled the car down a bunch.
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:08 PM   #12
s!lv!a
ziptied

Car: RB25 S14
I use a lot of Wincos in my shop and it's a very good product, but it doesn't have a very aggressive adhesive which is a bit of a turn off for me and it's not very forgiving.. It's also a ceramic micro-infused film..

but to answer your question, yes, Huper Optik is very worth it.
s!lv!a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:55 PM   #13
sang26
civic si

Quote:
Originally Posted by s!lv!a View Post
I use a lot of Wincos in my shop and it's a very good product, but it doesn't have a very aggressive adhesive which is a bit of a turn off for me and it's not very forgiving.. It's also a ceramic micro-infused film..

but to answer your question, yes, Huper Optik is very worth it.

just got it install very worth it.but the lowest tint is 30%.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:48 PM   #14
s!lv!a
ziptied

Car: RB25 S14
sweet deal man, congrats
s!lv!a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:33 PM   #15
lkwan78

Car:
what did sun shield chaarge u?

What did sun shield charge you? I spoke with anthony and he told me

$400 for ceramic
$500 for select drei.

I'm leaning toward the drei but I want it done cheaper if possible.

I may be wrong but since drei is a metalic film, it will cause reception problems with FM,AM, GPS, and cell signals?

How can huper optik stay in business if they are suppose to be the best stuff around but they only have 1 installer in one of the largest cities in the US. if they want any market share, they should be getting into more tint shops...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Maniac View Post
Huper Optik is definitely worth it, had the Drei installed on my Nissan Maxima two weeks ago and the amount of heat that it blocks is amazing. Even with my baby parked all day in the heat, it doesn't get as hot and it cools down fast. Not to mention the uv protection, and the thickness of it. The guys at Sun Shield Window Tint who are the Only authorized Huper optik Dealer in Houston for Automotive, are awesome.

Houston Window Tinting:

12127 Murphy Rd
Stafford, TX 77477
(281) 748 - 5660

Last edited by lkwan78; 09-29-2010 at 09:39 PM.
lkwan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:43 AM   #16
Bimmer_Maniac
n00b

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkwan78 View Post
What did sun shield charge you? I spoke with anthony and he told me

$400 for ceramic
$500 for select drei.

I'm leaning toward the drei but I want it done cheaper if possible.

I may be wrong but since drei is a metalic film, it will cause reception problems with FM,AM, GPS, and cell signals?

How can huper optik stay in business if they are suppose to be the best stuff around but they only have 1 installer in one of the largest cities in the US. if they want any market share, they should be getting into more tint shops...
That's $100 cheaper than what I paid. Drei is not made from the regular metals, the film actually is made with Gold and Silver. I haven't had any issues with mine. I love the performance you will definitely like it. Huper Optik is particular selective on who becomes a Dealer. The State of Arizona only has 1 installer if that tells you much. I believe Huper Optik places more emphasis on quality since they are the best stuff around. From a customer point I think that is the best quality a company can have.
Bimmer_Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement