Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Acura TLX Priced From $33,000, In Showrooms Next Month

Looking for a job
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Car
    Wouldn't you like to know

2015 Acura TLX Spy Shots

These are the first spy shots of the next Acura TL, oh wait "TLX". The "bird beak" will most likely stay, but it should be tone down like with the new RLX and MDX. I hope the TLX will take after the second and third generation TL; rather than the current model.

Acura will launch a mid-size sedan next year that will serve as the replacement for both the TL and TSX lines, and we have the first spy shots of a prototype for it.

The new sedan is expected to be labeled the TLX and fill the gap between the ILX and new RLX flagship, with Acura’s reformed lineup mimicking that of most rival makes in the luxury segment.

Underpinning the car will be a premium version of the platform underpinning the Honda Accord. Lighter materials may help engineers save weight on the Acura version.

In the powertrain department, the TLX is likely to launch initially with a version of the 3.5-liter V-6 fitted to the latest MDX and RLX models. This means an output ranging between 290 and 310 horsepower and drive going to either the front or all four wheels via a six-speed automatic with paddle shifters.

Further down the track, Acura will launch a hybrid version of the TLX. It’s possible this hybrid TLX will adopt the advanced Acura Sport Hybrid Super Handling All-Wheel Drive system confirmed for the RLX and next-generation NSX supercar.

However, to save on costs Acura may simply install the conventional hybrid system fitted to the Accord Hybrid. This uses two electric motors, one housed essentially inside the other, sitting between the engine and transmission. One motor acts as a generator to recharge the battery during regenerative braking while the other sends drive to the wheels.

The TLX should arrive in showrooms next summer, most likely as a 2015 model. Look for a debut at one of the major North American auto shows taking place in the first half of next year.

We’re not expecting pricing to deviate much from the mid-$30k point that the TL lists at. At this point, the car’s closest competitors will likely be the Infiniti Q50 and Lexus ES.

Sadly, with the TSX being discontinued, it’s likely the Honda-badged version sold overseas, the Accord Euro, will suffer a similar fate. Sales of the current Accord Euro have failed to ignite overseas, especially with the regular Accord offering much better value, so the car’s demise doesn’t come as much of a surprise.
    http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...-tlx-spy-shots

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Car
    Mustang GT, FX35
    Looks better camoflauged...keeps the ugliness hidden.

Yoga Pants Connoisseur. Premium SWoriginal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Car
    Kaleecie's Tits
    Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    Looks better camoflauged...keeps the ugliness hidden.
    it looks ugly already.

Name is Spence Premium mk3ofdoom's Avatar
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Car
    BMW Z3
    wont be able to beat the first gen tsx, jusbeinreal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    Mazda CX-5
    it may actually look good. spy pics show good proportions with the new car.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ooannluvzuoo View Post
    what chu talkn bout willis?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    Mazda CX-5
    compare to the current model there is abit less overhang.

becoming a regular here! Snorlax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    RC
    Looks like they are updating the current gen TL based on the proportions. I guess we will see soon enough. I still like the first and second generation TSX.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Car
    Kaleecie's Tits
    how can it look good when it looks almost like the ugly model that it's replacing?

from what i can tell, it's the same ugly ass car with updated RLX-looking headlights and a revised beak grill. oh yeah, some different rims as well. whoopty fuckin doo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    Mazda CX-5
    Quote Originally Posted by SWoriginal View Post
    how can it look good when it looks almost like the ugly model that it's replacing?

from what i can tell, it's the same ugly ass car with updated RLX-looking headlights and a revised beak grill. oh yeah, some different rims as well. whoopty fuckin doo.
    well thats the thing we dont know what it looks like. we just have too wait and see. but it seems the new model will have an increase wheel base.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    i hope they dont add the rlx headlights. by the looks of it, it has led day time running lights.
    ive been a member on acurazine for some time, and the 4g tl looks good with the standard, wheels, drop treatment.
    I still like all tl models including the newest revamp model.
    The suspence is killing me for this new model release!!!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Car
    Kaleecie's Tits
    well thats the thing we dont know what it looks like. we just have too wait and see. but it seems the new model will have an increase wheel base.
    Honda/Acura hasn't produced a good looking model for at least 5 years now, and that's me being nice.

if the RLX and new MDX are any indication of Acura's design language then the new TLX will remain hideous as well. u can already see that Mr. Burns-looking beak poking through some of that camo. that thing makes me cringe everytime i have to look at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by EG5_TVA View Post
    i hope they dont add the rlx headlights. by the looks of it, it has led day time running lights.
    ive been a member on acurazine for some time, and the 4g tl looks good with the standard, wheels, drop treatment.
    I still like all tl models including the newest revamp model.
    The suspence is killing me for this new model release!!!
    i'm hoping that they're just LED DRL's too because those RLX headlights are pretty ugly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    Beater
    i dont think honda can do any worst than the current TL.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Car
    Mustang GT, FX35
    The deliberate downward spiral that Acura's design team continues is baffling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    Beater
    at least honda is toning down the bird beak on their new models.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    2014 Evo X GSR
    looks like they're keeping that same dowsyndrome transformer front end they have with the rest of the acuras.

Looking for a job
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Car
    Wouldn't you like to know

2015 Acura TLX to Shrink in Size, Grow in Power

One of Acuraís bread-and-butter products is long overdue for a refresh and when the TL is replaced next summer it wonít just have a new name, it will also sport smaller dimensions and more power.

Expected to be called the TLX, Acuraís mid-size luxury sedan will be based on the new 2013 Honda Accord platform. That said, its dimensions will shrink somewhat from the current car.

It is expected to feature the same Precision All-Wheel Steering system that arrived on the 2014 RLX sedan, and itís likely that all-wheel drive will be available as an option. What isnít yet clear is if the system will be similar to the one designed for the RLX, using hybrid motors in the rear for an electrified version of the brandís Super Handling All-Wheel Drive system.

Under the hood, look for a smaller yet more powerful engine. Currently both a 280 hp 3.5L V6 and 305 hp 3.7L V6 are offered, though both will be discontinued in favor of a new 3.5L V6 using Hondaís latest engine technology including direct-injection.

Despite rumors to the contrary itís expected the downsizing of the TL will mean the elimination of the TSX from the Honda luxury brandís lineup.
    http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...-in-power.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    civic
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3ofdoom View Post
    wont be able to beat the first gen tsx, jusbeinreal
    ^ agreed ^

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Car
    Mustang GT, FX35
    First gen TSX is the best, for sure, although the 2nd gen did grow on me. The current TL is still as ugly as ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    Mazda CX-5
    Quote Originally Posted by SWoriginal View Post
    Honda/Acura hasn't produced a good looking model for at least 5 years now, and that's me being nice.

if the RLX and new MDX are any indication of Acura's design language then the new TLX will remain hideous as well. u can already see that Mr. Burns-looking beak poking through some of that camo. that thing makes me cringe everytime i have to look at it.
    i agreed their cars are ugly.

yes and no, but that isnt always the case. like the new camry looks bland as hell, but the avalon and corolla that followed doesnt look half bad.