Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2016 BMW 328i - Need advice on Cosmetics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    13' Charger SRT8
    Cute..

Is the chrome around the windows wrapped, dipped, painted?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    16 BMW 328i 07 Chevy Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by uneek View Post
    Cute..

Is the chrome around the windows wrapped, dipped, painted?
    it is wrapped, done by Underground Graphics. They did an amazing job! D had them do work on his accord as well, they wrapped his roof in black...looks good!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Car
    E46, CBR600
    Nice ride. Looked into getting the same generation myself. The 328i stock on jb4 + e85 is putting down 300whp/350tq, which is pretty decent in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Ieathonda View Post
    Nice ride. Looked into getting the same generation myself. The 328i stock on jb4 + e85 is putting down 300whp/350tq, which is pretty decent in my opinion.
    i just installed my JB4 Stage 2, currently running map 2 which peaks at 23psi. Waiting for my ER catless downpipe to come in. Soon as it comes in im installing it and i will be taking it to get a few pulls on the dyno and see where im at with all my mods. Im guessing around 310-325 seeing other people run the same setup im running.

i dont wanna run E85, i might do methanol later on down the road so all my parts ive put on are compatible with doing that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    My Evolution Racewerks 4" catless downpipe finally came in. Will be installing it tomorrow night after work. Dyno pulls to come within the next couple of weeks.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Car
    housecarhouse
    Don't you love parts that are almost too pretty to install?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    Hoverboard
    Yea that does look really good! Post a sound clip of some pulls for sure!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    ugggh this day cant go fast enough at work...6 more hours and im out this bitch....wanna hurry up and get home so the exhaust/engine can cool down so i can start working on it.

The nice thing about the engine bay layout is you will be able to see 3/4 of this downpipe because of the way and where they placed the turbo...so it will look good in the engine bay. I almost went with black but the brushed looked better IMO on the exhaust pieces.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Car
    E46, CBR600
    Quote Originally Posted by XAoPillz View Post
    i just installed my JB4 Stage 2, currently running map 2 which peaks at 23psi. Waiting for my ER catless downpipe to come in. Soon as it comes in im installing it and i will be taking it to get a few pulls on the dyno and see where im at with all my mods. Im guessing around 310-325 seeing other people run the same setup im running.

i dont wanna run E85, i might do methanol later on down the road so all my parts ive put on are compatible with doing that.
    Very nice, I agree that running e85 24/7 may not be practical. You should be able to achieve very generous numbers with the bolt ons and jb2. I believe you would give an e46 m3 a very good run for its money and probably would leave it in the dust once you get a methanol setup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Ieathonda View Post
    Very nice, I agree that running e85 24/7 may not be practical. You should be able to achieve very generous numbers with the bolt ons and jb2. I believe you would give an e46 m3 a very good run for its money and probably would leave it in the dust once you get a methanol setup.
    Yeah I was walking on Mustang 5.0s with just the intake and stage 1 tune. Now with all my mods and stage 2 tune they won't even 60 foot me anymore. I'll be ahead by then and walking away at a quick pace. Once I add methanol to it to turn on on the fly then I'll be going after some bigger fish.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    the old DP next to the new....freaking huge ass cat on the old DP. The car has a nice sound to it now. Next up will be exhaust, not sure which route im going yet. I might just do the M series exhaust with diamond black tips. Remus is the other option im considering. Price wise they are about the same, gains are minimal, getting exhaust would just be to compliment the sound of the catless DP i installed a couple weeks ago. Havnt had time to dyno anything yet. Got to race a buddy in his Camaro SS the other day though, he has full bolt ons. We were dead even the whole way up to 100 when we shut it down. Im happy with the gains so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    Also will be putting in the M3 spark plugs this weekend, the current ones are having a hard time handling the mods ive done already. The M3 ones should be able to handle anything i can throw at them.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Car
    Mustang GT, FX35
    Yeah I was walking on Mustang 5.0s with just the intake and stage 1 tune. Now with all my mods and stage 2 tune they won't even 60 foot me anymore. I'll be ahead by then and walking away at a quick pace. Once I add methanol to it to turn on on the fly then I'll be going after some bigger fish.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    the old DP next to the new....freaking huge ass cat on the old DP. The car has a nice sound to it now. Next up will be exhaust, not sure which route im going yet. I might just do the M series exhaust with diamond black tips. Remus is the other option im considering. Price wise they are about the same, gains are minimal, getting exhaust would just be to compliment the sound of the catless DP i installed a couple weeks ago. Havnt had time to dyno anything yet. Got to race a buddy in his Camaro SS the other day though, he has full bolt ons. We were dead even the whole way up to 100 when we shut it down. Im happy with the gains so far.
    Sounds impressive. I bet you also have a slight weight advantage over the Mustangs/Camaros.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    Sounds impressive. I bet you also have a slight weight advantage over the Mustangs/Camaros.
    yeah, im 600lbs lighter than the camaro and 500lbs less than the Mustang 5.0.

But i gotz 4 doors and a lot more luxury(bells and whistles) then they do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    13' Charger SRT8
    it is wrapped, done by Underground Graphics. They did an amazing job! D had them do work on his accord as well, they wrapped his roof in black...looks good!
    Did you pay around $250 for the trim around the windows?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    Quote Originally Posted by uneek View Post
    Did you pay around $250 for the trim around the windows?
    yeah it was between $200-$250...i cant remember the exact price and im too lazy to look through the stack of receipts in my drawer for everything thats gone into the car...LOL

Resident DJ Premium Skinny Steve's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Car
    2006 Scion xB
    Wanna run for pinks when I get my GTR project up to par lol.

Looking good man... Will definitely have to see that Beemer in person one day and have some fun runs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Steve View Post
    Wanna run for pinks when I get my GTR project up to par lol.

Looking good man... Will definitely have to see that Beemer in person one day and have some fun runs.
    you will eat me alive in a race but im always down for a fun run!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    Swapped my spark plugs out for the M3 spark plugs because i was having some issues under high boost. Now with the colder plugs everything is running smooth all the way through the power band under full boost. Loving it!!