Thread: PowerFab Automotive Strikes Again

n00b
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation PowerFab Automotive Strikes Again

(I initially posted this on Yelp as a starting point for getting my experience out). If Houston Imports had a rating system......The one star review would be a reflection of not only the work Powerfab did for me, but also their customer service. Both John and Jeremy were incompetent towards rectifying the damage their shop did to my car (new to this forum stuff, I will try to attach photos asap)

A simple install that required 03 hours of labor and the oil pan to be removed on my brand new 2014 STI left my engine block with 3 severe gouges (one of which leads to small crack on the outside of my block and will potentially propagate) which derived from someone at PowerFab trying to improperly pry my oil pan off. The gouges are about the width of a large screw driver. PowerFab was the ONLY shop that removed my oil as there isn't a logical reason to remove it unless it needs to be as they initially accused me of taking my car to another shop

In this case, I only needed it removed one time for a single install at Powerflabs in Sept 2014. I ONLY discovered the issue because the oil pan began seeping oil 5 months later and the dealership brought it to my attention. I would have taken it back to PowerFab had I suspected the oil pan being the culprit, but I thought it was a defect with the vehicle and wanted the dealership to rectify it under warranty costs as I could not pinpoint the leak. I had no reason to accuse or consider Powerflabs, I thought they did a spectacular job

After the dealership repaired Powerfabs mistake to the best of their ability (the damage to the block is permanent) and $500 later, I took my findings, receipt, notes, and photos to Powerfab to explain and discuss reimbursement.

Here's where it gets interesting. After I initially called (the day of the discovery Feb. 14th), I waited 3 days before going to the shop myself to finally speak to someone, nobody returned my phone call.

Secondly, John (epitome of bad management) tried to blame me and play the "the work was done so long ago" bit. Did he mean that Powerfabs' work is only good for 5-6 months? He kept repeating this as if it was a viable argument and by blaming me I am referring to the accusation that I bottomed out my car like some high school kid that just received his license in pot hole plagued Houston .... If I bottomed out my car and hit my oil pan, why are there deep gouges in my aluminum block?? I would have cracked my oil pan as the force from the car making contact with the ground would have been evenly displaced to the entire bottom sealing face of the block. Sorry Jack, I mean John, not sure what he was trying to sell, but I wouldn't cop to that even if it was true and more importantly POSSIBLE!

Lastly, after presenting my case twice in person and once via email, the owner Jeremy DID NOT speak to or address me ONCE. Things didn't add up here, I was asking for a reimbursement (ONLY reimbursement, not compensation for the permanent damage done the block) for the charges associated with the repair costs from the dealership, which was essentially half of my bill that PowerFab charged me for the original install.. it was in their favor to reimburse me the $500 and be done with it. What stung the most is that the jerk-off that gouged my block and put the pan back knew what he did and didn't even care to say anything, or maybe he did and Jeremy didn't want to share! I have a feeling Jeremy isn't the most trustworthy individual from the EVO story where he (Jeremy) admitted to lying for weeks/months about the schedule delay due to outsourcing of work when in reality is was his fault for sitting on parts... I'm a normal person that understands mistakes are made, I make them all the time, but god damn keep me in the loop and let me know your guys rectified it and let 's move forward.

Here's where I am at. Powerflab claims to be a specialty garage, but they're not certified mechanics. It's essentially guys that can pretend to spin a wrench and oversell parts to people that want go fast bits. Note to PowerFlap: if your working knowledge is limited to American Muscle stop accepting to do work on JDM vehicles. I didn't ask for a custom build or tune, I wanted 3 parts installed and came out with a damaged block? That's unacceptable

Example- True story, they tried to sell and recommended a NoS kit and under drive pulleys to a friend of mine for his Hyundai Genesis which would have blown his engine. This shop has no experience or valuable knowledge to offer towards successfully gaining horsepower without compromising your vehicles components such as the engine, or maybe that's their game.....If my friend's factory engine wouldn't be able to handle the HP, why even recommend or advise that while leaving out the fact that his current set up wouldn't be able to handle it? That's not looking out for your customers.

After presenting my case for the last time in person, Powerflab (the guy working the front desk, ppreciate ya!) offered to put my vehicle on their shop floor once again after the dealership fixed their mistake. I respectfully declined because I don't trust them enough to change my oil much less undo the work the dealership did so they can tell me what exactly? They didn't propose a single viable solution before they wanted to tear my oil pan off again. This place is obviously being managed by rookies and men that can't see 2 steps ahead of themselves. I understand the need to see what the damage is first before one commits, but to simply satisfy a customer, give me at least one or two theoretical solutions to the problem I clearly explained and showed photographic evidence of since you've refused to reimburse me.

To Jeremy, if you're reading this I've given you ample time and opportunity to work with me. You have my contact info if you want to threaten me with a defamation suit like you did with your EVO customer, ain't scurred. I have my documentation, photos, dates, & testimony from the dealership on deck. (ask PowerFab why they don't tune EVO's or Subies anymore). They completely botched another customers EVO, i.e. "My Horrible Story..." and probably don't want anymore JDM blood on those hands

What I am providing is not hearsay, but simple truth. Readers and customers be warned and kindly keep this in mind when you hear others promoting Powerflab.

This post isn't intended for advice towards taking this to small claims court or whatever else. I can't force Powerfabs hand to do anything, but their moral compass is in desperate need of calibration (which can also be counter intuitive towards running a business when your company sucks). But if you do good work and work with your customers when you F**k up and try to hide under the metaphorical rug, you won't need to be cut throat.... I've weighed my options and decided that the time and effort it would consume is worth more then the money I've spent thus far with these guys, thank god. I'd rather light em up on forums, share my experience, and give y'all something to share.Thanks for listening to my small

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cms and powerfab have things in common.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Car
    Dragon Wagon
    Never heard of any issues with PowerFab close to home.
    Actually just took my buddies car over to them about a week ago.
    They've always seemed like straight forward guys when ive done work with them

n00b
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why is this Powerfab review/write up limited to only myself or Powerfab posting?