Page 255 of 256 FirstFirst ... 155205245250251252253254255256 LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,100 of 5116

Thread: Post your gaming computer

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Car
    derpmobile
    If it's just for gaming i don't see a need for the upgrade in processor. IM still running a 3570k and never came close to bottlenecking when it came to gaming. The only bottleneck I get now is mainly from my 4 year old 7990 graphics cards.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

n00b
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lreyes66 View Post
    If it's just for gaming i don't see a need for the upgrade in processor. IM still running a 3570k and never came close to bottlenecking when it came to gaming. The only bottleneck I get now is mainly from my 4 year old 7990 graphics cards.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Ha ok. I think I'll keep the 4770K and get rid of the 4670k and all the unused parts I have. I'll list them here once I move in case someone wants some stuff for cheap.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Car
    94 Civic, 06 IS350
    Quote Originally Posted by FredTech View Post

Also thinking about going with a small SSD as I will store my games and things on the server.
    I was gonna say you sure you'd have enough bandwidth from the server to your pc to store the games there? But then i saw who i was talking to lmao.

n00b
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YesSiR View Post
    I was gonna say you sure you'd have enough bandwidth from the server to your pc to store the games there? But then i saw who i was talking to lmao.

Right!? That's part of the reason I kinda want to do it. Get a cheap 4U rack, throw a Noctua workstation cooler on it, through a GPU in there and done! Or I could all run it in UnRaid...But I think this would be more fun. Now I gotta figure out how to get my peripherals over to the server.

n00b
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Post your gaming computer

Quote Originally Posted by SWoriginal View Post
    what GPU are u running right now and what are your resolution/FPS goals?

it all depends on what your intended uses are.

i'm no "professional" gamer so i don't feel like i needed a 120-144hz monitor. i also prefer single GPU systems and knew that my 1080 wasn't enough to provide 60+ FPS @ 4K with the settings turned up. i figured a 21:9 ultrawide would be the sweet spot between 1440p and 4k resolution. did my research and went with the 34" Dell U3415W because u can overclock the refresh rate to 80hz.
    Mainly for gaming. Son will be turning 15 so I kind of feel now is a good time to upgrade from my oc'd e8400. I work from home occasionally as well so I'll more than likely need a dual monitor setup. Aside from that, may get into doing side web dev./graphics side work again for extra income. Desk space is limited so I was really eyeballing cube cases, not really sure what's out there right now as far as hardware goes since I've been out of the loop for 5-6 years or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoga Pants Connoisseur. Premium SWoriginal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Car
    Kaleecie's Tits
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench'd View Post
    Mainly for gaming. Son will be turning 15 so I kind of feel now is a good time to upgrade from my oc'd e8400. I work from home occasionally as well so I'll more than likely need a dual monitor setup. Aside from that, may get into doing side web dev./graphics side work again for extra income. Desk space is limited so I was really eyeballing cube cases, not really sure what's out there right now as far as hardware goes since I've been out of the loop for 5-6 years or so.

well, the most important question is always going to be: what's your budget +/- peripherals?

n00b
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SWoriginal View Post
    well, the most important question is always going to be: what's your budget +/- peripherals?
    Unlimited budget, gaming mouse and kb in addition to the dual monitors would be about it. Maybe some type of webcam for Skype calls and things like that. I like to future proof myself as well meaning getting motherboard a over motherboard b because it has a wifi nic that can do my-mimo, etc. even though not many routers have that capability at the moment.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Car
    2015 BMW M4
    Might just want to get something prebuilt.

http://computers.woot.com/offers/hp-...cp_cnt_wp_2_11

http://computers.woot.com/offers/hp-...cp_cnt_wp_2_13

These are pretty good deals. 32gb ddr4 memory, SSD drive ect...

Yoga Pants Connoisseur. Premium SWoriginal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Car
    Kaleecie's Tits
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevenc View Post
    Might just want to get something prebuilt.

http://computers.woot.com/offers/hp-...cp_cnt_wp_2_11

http://computers.woot.com/offers/hp-...cp_cnt_wp_2_13

These are pretty good deals. 32gb ddr4 memory, SSD drive ect...
    32GB of RAM isn't going to make any difference when it comes to a gaming setup. i, honestly, don't even see the need for 32GB of RAM unless u have 50-100 programs/windows open on your desktop at a time. also, that prebuilt system in the link looks like it has pretty restricted airflow. that's something u have to keep in mind if u care about performance and the longevity of your hardware. throttling due to temps are a real problem. a sudden 5-10+ FPS drop during gaming could make a world of a difference between winning and losing.

there's not really any reason to go with a 6700/6700k when the 7700k is basically the same price -- especially when we live in Houston and there's a Microcenter here. we can go there to grab the 7700k and a mobo and get their discount off the combo.

for about under $1500, u can have a much better system for just a little more than that 2nd prebuilt system:

- Z720 Mobo
    - M.2 boot drive
    - Nvidia 1080
    - Case
    - 16GB of RAM
    - Accessories

hell, u can get a CD key for Windows 10 Pro for under $10 bucks off eBay. that's what i did, recently, when i built that budget computer for a friend to use for work.

n00b
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Anyone have updates?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Car
    2015 BMW M4
    No. This summer ill put together a Ryzen rig though. Always been an AMD man, been a while since there was anything exciting from AMD.

n00b
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Does anyone have a 6th gen Intel CPU they want to get rid of?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Car
    Whats a good card for 1080p gaming on maxed out settings? I want to start my build to play maxed at 1080p but future proof every thing for 4K. Am i thinking correct? Does the mother board & cpu matter as much as the video card? Or Could i go cheap on every thing except the video card? Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    Hoverboard
    Quote Originally Posted by 10js View Post
    Whats a good card for 1080p gaming on maxed out settings? I want to start my build to play maxed at 1080p but future proof every thing for 4K. Am i thinking correct? Does the mother board & cpu matter as much as the video card? Or Could i go cheap on every thing except the video card? Thanks.
    Honestly, no. You are not thinking correct. You can't future proof in that sense, you can mainly over build it to compensate for the rapid growth that is the tech industry. Though at this rate, to overbuild something to that point would cost a lot of money and not really be practical. Mobo/Processor/Video card are going to be what you're looking after.

Then you have to keep it all in line with proper cooling and ample memory. Sounds like you want a dual GTX1080's in SLI. You'd also want a I7 6 or 8 core and maybe a Z270 mobo (or similar) followed up with at least 16gb DDR4 RAM and an SSD of your choice.

All this is debatable, of course.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Car
    2015 BMW M4
    Your thinking is sort of right. I upgrade my video card twice as often as i upgrade my CPU / MOBO.

A nice CPU/MOBO with some good ram will last 4 years while a graphics card will last 2 years.

Upgrading SSD's and memory go a long way to making a CPU/MOBO last longer.

I would not buy a 1080 SLI setup. The 1080 is $500 each card. I would rather buy 1 1080 now. Use it for two years and then buy the latest $500 card in two years from now which will probably beat the 1080SLI setup now.

Also has alot to do with your budget. Is your budget $1000 or $3000???

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Car
    1000 max. Dont need a monitor. Thanks you two.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Car
    2015 BMW M4
    Quote Originally Posted by 10js View Post
    1000 max. Dont need a monitor. Thanks you two.
    With a $1000 max, i would do something like this

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Car
    God bless you, sir.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    Hoverboard
    Your thinking is sort of right. I upgrade my video card twice as often as i upgrade my CPU / MOBO.

A nice CPU/MOBO with some good ram will last 4 years while a graphics card will last 2 years.

Upgrading SSD's and memory go a long way to making a CPU/MOBO last longer.

I would not buy a 1080 SLI setup. The 1080 is $500 each card. I would rather buy 1 1080 now. Use it for two years and then buy the latest $500 card in two years from now which will probably beat the 1080SLI setup now.

Also has alot to do with your budget. Is your budget $1000 or $3000???
    With a $1000 max, i would do something like this

[img]http://i.imgur.com/a8B6rvM.jpg[img]
    I merely stated SLI as an extreme example. Good stuff though!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Car
    2015 BMW M4
    Quote Originally Posted by eN_2_Oh View Post
    I merely stated SLI as an extreme example. Good stuff though!
    Dont stress. If the budget was higher i would stringing as many SLI's as possible