Nice bike.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    i learned how to teleport
    ^ thanks...

Took off the windscreen and saddlebags, did the holesaw mod to the exhaust to make it a little louder, added 5k hid kit... I think it looks way better than before...

n00b
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cool bike , you can do some highway riding on that with no problem if you like.
    It looks good without the bags that were on there.
    Maybe later some different saddlebags will look better.
    Enjoy your bike & good choice for sure.
    Can't go wrong on that one.

Designated Drinker Premium oki_boy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Car
    Duc796, CBR954
    I had an 08 Ninja 250, also, for a short while. Great to learn on, completely forgiving, and had a decent sporty look to it. Bought it for $2100, sold it a few months later for $2800.

Bought a 400, after that one. Its a shame they dont make 400cc bikes in the US....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    Quote Originally Posted by oki_boy View Post
    Its a shame they dont make 400cc bikes in the US....

600 > 400

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    On a serious note, curious as to why you went from a 250cc to a 400cc... That would IMO, seem like such a small jump that it wouldn't even be worthwhile..?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    Jeepney
    I have an 88 Route 66 (virago) than I bobbed/chopped. Fun to ride and cheap to build!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Car
    '14 47MPG
    Quote Originally Posted by sol_kid21 View Post
    On a serious note, curious as to why you went from a 250cc to a 400cc... That would IMO, seem like such a small jump that it wouldn't even be worthwhile..?
    Some people like pushing their bikes to its limits and not the other way around. There is some fulfilment to knowing that you've pushed the bike to its limits and you want to move on.

I started on a 250 and was able to push it to - what I believe was its limits. I was able to do 80mph corners and over 110 on the straights. however any more than that and the bike feels like it would lose grip or it just felt unsafe.

Then I bought an older 600 knowing that it would be less powerful than current 600s. Initially it felt insane. Having so much response and power on tap felt great. Also, taking turns over 90 felt stable - in fact it seemed like the faster I go around the corner the better my body positioning and line were. However, I found my limit. The speedometer seemed to scare me. I couldn't seem to do sweepers and exit over 110mph. Maybe if I took off the speedometer and concentrate on the road and not mind my speed I would be better off.

Also there was a significant drop in MPG between the 600 and the 250. The 250 was annoying on the fwy because of cruising at high rpm. A 400 may cruise at lower rpms and still offer okay MPG.

Sorry for the long post. I've been writing essays too much.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Car
    Duc796, CBR954
    Quote Originally Posted by sol_kid21 View Post
    I only rode the 250 for about a month in the US to get a feel for it, then came back to Hong Kong. I didnt know any of the roads here, and saw how the drivers were, and didnt think I was ready for a newer 600. My Ninja had a claimed 37HP, and the RVF that I chose is closer to 60. Thats a decent enough jump.....and a completely different machine. Stylistically, also, the 400 that I got completely fits my character. Worried about speed? Not here....the highest speed limit is 120KPH. You simply cant use all of your bikes 110HP......legally.

I had that for about a year and figured I could get around safely enough, so I bought an 800CC Ducati. 87HP is still too much for this place; I rarely get out of 3rd, but its much more comfortable to ride with the missus on the back. Overall, the 400 is a much more fun ride. I can ride the crap out of it, and it just keeps wanting more.

Bottom line, I realized im not invincible anymore and decided to take my time building up to bigger bikes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Car
    i ride
    sweet RVF!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Car
    Duc796, CBR954
    Thanks man. I fuckin' LOVE that bike....already looking at possibly importing it to the next place i go (Aus or US)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Car
    i ride
    Right, what I'd you pay for it?

H O U S T O N.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Car
    gran coupe sedan
    I wish there were 400cc bikes here too...nice RVF oki_boy. How much would it cost to import a motorcycle to the states, anyone know?

n00b
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Its really a good bike but unfortunately i don't own a 250 bike.

n00b
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Never owned one but have worked on em. I wouldnt do it, they get old fast...

n00b
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whoaitzjoe View Post
    I wish there were 400cc bikes here too...nice RVF oki_boy. How much would it cost to import a motorcycle to the states, anyone know?
    well man, you can try 1983 honda xr350r at marialist.com, It will be a good ride for you.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Car
    Duc796, CBR954
    Quote Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
    Right, what I'd you pay for it?
    $3500ish OTD

To import, not sure yet. I think the biggest cost would be shipping, since these were released (in very small numbers) in the US.