View Poll Results: Getting PS Vita @ launch? (22 February 2012)

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Getting Wifi version.

    7 10.77%
  • Getting Wifi/3G version.

    9 13.85%
  • Do not plan on getting Vita.

    49 75.38%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 144

Thread: PS Vita: Who is getting one?

  1. #81
    NO T.V. PARTY TONIGHT! :( Nega-Patio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    SBAT, WHAT
    Posts
    50,951
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    CX-7
    Got the 3G version here. All the demos Ive played look sweet, Uncharted looks PS3 like. They didn't dumb it down like all the franchises were on PSP.

    I'm going to pick up Wipeout, I have HD and Fury and I read that if you own those games on your ps3 you get the HD and Fury 2048 expansion packs fo free! Also you can play WOHD PS3 players on 2048.

    The OS can run up to 7 apps at once. You can download while playing games, pause the game check messages, join a party, chat, go pedo on Near, etc. No lag either.

    I already got Escape Plan, it's a $15 game. Something the likes of Braid or Limbo.

    Wanna get Unit 13, Uncharted and Resistance.

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #82
    Low Baller Bob'sBurgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    houston tx
    Posts
    5,195
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    2004 ep3
    ^ SONY is fucking up!

  4. #83
    $_$ dont_carebear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    small cardboard box
    Posts
    1,675
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    something broke
    Quote Originally Posted by Nega-Patio View Post
    The OS can run up to 7 apps at once. You can download while playing games, pause the game check messages, join a party, chat, go pedo on Near, etc. No lag either.
    I think the vita has 512 megs of ram and 128 of vram. 512 is huge for a handheld.

  5. #84
    NO T.V. PARTY TONIGHT! :( Nega-Patio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    SBAT, WHAT
    Posts
    50,951
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    CX-7
    Quote Originally Posted by einhan View Post
    regarding the free month of 3g:

    minus whale just use that $15 for the first month of service and just buy SSD
    Did you never ever plan on buying a 3G plan?? Why even get the 3G model if not? The 250mb pass stacks on whatever plan you buy, the real lame part is the free game code isn't given until after the 30 days.

  6. #85
    Thrillho einhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    18,619
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    12 JSW
    Quote Originally Posted by Nega-Patio View Post
    Did you never ever plan on buying a 3G plan?? Why even get the 3G model if not? The 250mb pass stacks on whatever plan you buy, the real lame part is the free game code isn't given until after the 30 days.
    i was gonna get the launch bundle, for the 8gb card and free game, but i dont wanna wait 30 days for the damn game. since you cant use 3g for gaming, it really has no use

  7. #86
    becoming a regular here! AXaznAX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    SW Houston
    Posts
    7,099
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by einhan View Post
    i was gonna get the launch bundle, for the 8gb card and free game, but i dont wanna wait 30 days for the damn game. since you cant use 3g for gaming, it really has no use
    what is the 3g good for then (according to Sony)?

  8. #87
    Thrillho einhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    18,619
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    12 JSW
    leaderboards, multiplayer gaming (only when turn based), cross-game text messaging

  9. #88
    NO T.V. PARTY TONIGHT! :( Nega-Patio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    SBAT, WHAT
    Posts
    50,951
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    CX-7
    Quote Originally Posted by AXaznAX View Post
    what is the 3g good for then (according to Sony)?
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...ions-answered/

    What are the benefits of a 3G-enabled PS Vita?

    With the 3G-enabled PS Vita, you can game with real-time connection and immediately socialize with your community through news feeds and turn-based multiplayer game sessions. You won’t miss a beat since you can stay up to date with continuous scores and game ranking news feeds with LiveArea, compete for in-game Trophies, cross-game text messaging with Party, and connect through popular social apps like Facebook and Twitter, all while on the go. Don’t forget that you can also login to the PS Store over the 3G network to download add-ons for some of your favorite titles and browse new games and content.


    I'm torn on which version of Wipeout to get, the digital version or the cartidge version? Digital is 1.6 GBs but it's 10% off on PS Store

  10. #89
    Thrillho einhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    18,619
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    12 JSW
    DIGITAL!!!!

    and yeah, you can log in to the ps store, but cant download full games off of 3g

    GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

  11. #90
    NO T.V. PARTY TONIGHT! :( Nega-Patio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    SBAT, WHAT
    Posts
    50,951
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    CX-7
    Quote Originally Posted by einhan View Post
    DIGITAL!!!!

    and yeah, you can log in to the ps store, but cant download full games off of 3g

    GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
    One psn game would use up all of your 3g plan, lol. Also downloading 1-3GB on 3G?

    at least you can queue up stuff from ps store on 3G and the system picks up the download where you left off on wifi

  12. #91
    Thrillho einhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    18,619
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    12 JSW
    so, when, lets say a 4gb card gets filled up, and you buy an 8gb, you can just re-download from the store?

  13. #92
    becoming a regular here! AXaznAX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    SW Houston
    Posts
    7,099
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nega-Patio View Post
    One psn game would use up all of your 3g plan, lol. Also downloading 1-3GB on 3G?

    at least you can queue up stuff from ps store on 3G and the system picks up the download where you left off on wifi
    so you can't game at all? Either way, you still need wifi to DL and play games online.

  14. #93
    NO T.V. PARTY TONIGHT! :( Nega-Patio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    SBAT, WHAT
    Posts
    50,951
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    CX-7
    Quote Originally Posted by AXaznAX View Post
    so you can't game at all? Either way, you still need wifi to DL and play games online.
    Don't think you can do live /real time mp, much like cell phones. They said you can do turn based games, i would assume like rpgs or simple words with friends kind of game, there's nothing currently on the market that does that tho. Hmmm

    Quote Originally Posted by einhan View Post
    so, when, lets say a 4gb card gets filled up, and you buy an 8gb, you can just re-download from the store?
    They said you can redownload as many times as you want to on up to 2 portable systems, PSP/Vita. So if you have a psp on your account and a vita you are maxed out. All you have to do is deactivate the system tho and you can sign in/download to a new system.

  15. #94
    NO T.V. PARTY TONIGHT! :( Nega-Patio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    SBAT, WHAT
    Posts
    50,951
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    CX-7
    Anyone get a case or pouch?

    I was hoping for something similar to the Logitecs PlayGear Pocket, only thing close is PDPs hard case.

  16. #95
    Thrillho einhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    18,619
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    12 JSW
    that case that comes with the first edition bundles looks pretty snazzy

  17. #96
    Tormented Soul
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Richmond, TX
    Posts
    5,401
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    2011 Subaru Legacy GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Nega-Patio View Post
    Anyone get a case or pouch?

    I was hoping for something similar to the Logitecs PlayGear Pocket, only thing close is PDPs hard case.
    I ordered Thrust master VIP case from Amazon. That seems to be the best looking case. It will be released on 27th of this month.

    Posted via the Samsung Galaxy Note using Tapatalk.

  18. #97
    $_$ dont_carebear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    small cardboard box
    Posts
    1,675
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    something broke
    Got my Vita, but no games yet

  19. #98
    Thrillho einhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    18,619
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    12 JSW
    Quote Originally Posted by dont_carebear View Post
    Got my Vita, but no games yet
    why not hit up the playstation store?

  20. #99
    $_$ dont_carebear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    small cardboard box
    Posts
    1,675
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    something broke
    Quote Originally Posted by einhan View Post
    why not hit up the playstation store?
    There aren't any games I want yet. Going to play demo's and wait for Gravity Daze. I found 10 people on near, what about you guys?

  21. #100
    Thrillho einhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    18,619
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    12 JSW
    Quote Originally Posted by dont_carebear View Post
    There aren't any games I want yet. Going to play demo's and wait for Gravity Daze. I found 10 people on near, what about you guys?
    uncharted, super stardust delta, touch my katamari, wipeout 2048 are the ones i'm looking forward to

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •