Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: huper optik vs formula 1 tint

  1. #1
    civic si sang26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    houston
    Posts
    1,495
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    civic

    huper optik vs formula 1 tint

    i just recently bought a new car .now im in the market for tint,i dont want cheap tint . have any of you guy used huper optik or fourmula 1 tint befor?



    HELP

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #2
    civic si sang26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    houston
    Posts
    1,495
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    civic
    just pay 600 for huper optik. is the best tint you get

  4. #3
    Thatvideomagazine Houston Rollmodl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    579
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was a Huper Optik dealer in Florida and have installed it on a good number of cars. What do you need to know?

  5. #4
    civic si sang26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    houston
    Posts
    1,495
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    civic
    [QUOTE=Rollmodl;11148997]I was a Huper Optik dealer in Florida and have installed it on a good number of cars. What do you need to know?[/QUOTE

    is it worth the money?

  6. #5
    Thatvideomagazine Houston Rollmodl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    579
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It definitely is. Because it's ceramic, it doesn't contain any dyes which means it will last forever. Most films are some sort of hybrid which is still good, but will fade at some point. Don't confuse this with turning purple or color change. The causes of heat is the infrared which Huper blocks effectively. Infrared is what you feel on your skin. Huper Drei is the sickest film out there blocking about 95% of infrared rays.

    I installed Huper 30% on my car more than two years ago (including the windshield). It's in Florida, parked outside baking in the sun for 2 years now and it still looks good with a perfect interior. Not to oversell the product, it won't completely keep out the heat but it does a very good job. Remember most heat radiate through the largest windows, the front and back, which is why I tinted the windshield.

    My only concern is the price. As a dealer I charged $350-$400 for the install which is cheap for a Huper install. My customers were mostly high end dealerships, Lexus and BMW. Did get a few Lambos. One customer called me from Miami (4 hour drive from Tampa) to install Huper on 4 cars and a yacht .

    What percentage are you looking for? I have some left.

  7. #6
    civic si sang26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    houston
    Posts
    1,495
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollmodl View Post
    It definitely is. Because it's ceramic, it doesn't contain any dyes which means it will last forever. Most films are some sort of hybrid which is still good, but will fade at some point. Don't confuse this with turning purple or color change. The causes of heat is the infrared which Huper blocks effectively. Infrared is what you feel on your skin. Huper Drei is the sickest film out there blocking about 95% of infrared rays.

    I installed Huper 30% on my car more than two years ago (including the windshield). It's in Florida, parked outside baking in the sun for 2 years now and it still looks good with a perfect interior. Not to oversell the product, it won't completely keep out the heat but it does a very good job. Remember most heat radiate through the largest windows, the front and back, which is why I tinted the windshield.

    My only concern is the price. As a dealer I charged $350-$400 for the install which is cheap for a Huper install. My customers were mostly high end dealerships, Lexus and BMW. Did get a few Lambos. One customer called me from Miami (4 hour drive from Tampa) to install Huper on 4 cars and a yacht .

    What percentage are you looking for? I have some left.
    i would like to tint the windshield

  8. #7
    Thatvideomagazine Houston Rollmodl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    579
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I use 50% for windshields. I don't recommend going darker. It cuts down on glare and enhances night vision. Formula One is made by the same company that makes Llumar. It's their high end line.

  9. #8
    Forum addict
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had Formula 1 on my TSX and Civic. I have V-Kool installed on my dad's cars. He has 55% all around (even on front windshield) Blocks the heat better then my tint, and has a nice blue color.

  10. #9
    civic si sang26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    houston
    Posts
    1,495
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollmodl View Post
    I use 50% for windshields. I don't recommend going darker. It cuts down on glare and enhances night vision. Formula One is made by the same company that makes Llumar. It's their high end line.
    can you pm how much? and or you uesd huper opik?

  11. #10
    n00b
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Huper Optik is definitely worth it, had the Drei installed on my Nissan Maxima two weeks ago and the amount of heat that it blocks is amazing. Even with my baby parked all day in the heat, it doesn't get as hot and it cools down fast. Not to mention the uv protection, and the thickness of it. The guys at Sun Shield Window Tint who are the Only authorized Huper optik Dealer in Houston for Automotive, are awesome.


    Houston Window Tinting:

    12127 Murphy Rd
    Stafford, TX 77477
    (281) 748 - 5660

  12. #11
    EuropeanAG.com RoadRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Slums of River Oaks
    Posts
    957
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    Mk5 GTI-'68 Roadrunner
    I had Geoshield Dark Matter 20% Ceramic installed and I love it. Cooled the car down a bunch.

  13. #12
    ziptied s!lv!a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Richwood
    Posts
    273
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    07 350z
    I use a lot of Wincos in my shop and it's a very good product, but it doesn't have a very aggressive adhesive which is a bit of a turn off for me and it's not very forgiving.. It's also a ceramic micro-infused film..


    but to answer your question, yes, Huper Optik is very worth it.

  14. #13
    civic si sang26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    houston
    Posts
    1,495
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    civic
    Quote Originally Posted by s!lv!a View Post
    I use a lot of Wincos in my shop and it's a very good product, but it doesn't have a very aggressive adhesive which is a bit of a turn off for me and it's not very forgiving.. It's also a ceramic micro-infused film..


    but to answer your question, yes, Huper Optik is very worth it.

    just got it install very worth it.but the lowest tint is 30%.

  15. #14
    ziptied s!lv!a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Richwood
    Posts
    273
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car
    07 350z
    sweet deal man, congrats

  16. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    what did sun shield chaarge u?

    What did sun shield charge you? I spoke with anthony and he told me

    $400 for ceramic
    $500 for select drei.

    I'm leaning toward the drei but I want it done cheaper if possible.

    I may be wrong but since drei is a metalic film, it will cause reception problems with FM,AM, GPS, and cell signals?

    How can huper optik stay in business if they are suppose to be the best stuff around but they only have 1 installer in one of the largest cities in the US. if they want any market share, they should be getting into more tint shops...


    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer_Maniac View Post
    Huper Optik is definitely worth it, had the Drei installed on my Nissan Maxima two weeks ago and the amount of heat that it blocks is amazing. Even with my baby parked all day in the heat, it doesn't get as hot and it cools down fast. Not to mention the uv protection, and the thickness of it. The guys at Sun Shield Window Tint who are the Only authorized Huper optik Dealer in Houston for Automotive, are awesome.


    Houston Window Tinting:

    12127 Murphy Rd
    Stafford, TX 77477
    (281) 748 - 5660
    Last edited by lkwan78; 09-29-2010 at 09:39 PM.

  17. #16
    n00b
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lkwan78 View Post
    What did sun shield charge you? I spoke with anthony and he told me

    $400 for ceramic
    $500 for select drei.

    I'm leaning toward the drei but I want it done cheaper if possible.

    I may be wrong but since drei is a metalic film, it will cause reception problems with FM,AM, GPS, and cell signals?

    How can huper optik stay in business if they are suppose to be the best stuff around but they only have 1 installer in one of the largest cities in the US. if they want any market share, they should be getting into more tint shops...
    That's $100 cheaper than what I paid. Drei is not made from the regular metals, the film actually is made with Gold and Silver. I haven't had any issues with mine. I love the performance you will definitely like it. Huper Optik is particular selective on who becomes a Dealer. The State of Arizona only has 1 installer if that tells you much. I believe Huper Optik places more emphasis on quality since they are the best stuff around. From a customer point I think that is the best quality a company can have.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •