Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: My new LS swap project (BUILD THREAD!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman View Post
    yea IM NICE was mofoD's and GTOHNO was tmillers.
    was MofoDs? did he change plates/cars? i thought he still had his white 2 door accord.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    changed plates.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XAoPiLLz View Post
    was MofoDs? did he change plates/cars? i thought he still had his white 2 door accord.
    hey bro! yah i still got the car, just changed plates. retired IM NICE after 2.5 years. i got new custom plates on now, and donated old one to dans wall bc im always over there lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    excellent. i looked at v6 stangs for a minute to mess with but nothing ever happened. have too many cars as is. anyone want a b5 s4?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mofoD View Post
    hey bro! yah i still got the car, just changed plates. retired IM NICE after 2.5 years. i got new custom plates on now, and donated old one to dans wall bc im always over there lol
    ahhh, gotcha

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    not a ton of progress due to some personal issues going on this month. Im trying to devote an hour a day to SOMETHING on the project since ill be traveling a bit for work this month and wont have as many weekends. i have the last week and a half off and planning on going hard on it to get some progress done.

last night i got the motor mostly buttoned up and ready to go into the chassis.

the oilpan was off, the waterpump needed new gaskets and the crank pulley needed back on.

got all those buttoned up and cleaned off the intake manifold mounting surfaces.

not a ton of work but some none the less.

i also pulled a 4l60 bellhousing that i had and slapped it onto the testfit block in the chassis. Rigged the motor to the core support so it doesnt lean back on the mounts as much and i could remove the wood block i had under the oilpan holding it up. Tonight im getting it up on jackstands so i can get under it and assess the tunnel situation and do some measures to see if its going to work with the 4l80 or if i am going to need to do some hammering.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    got all those buttoned up and cleaned off the intake manifold mounting surfaces.
    wut

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    those shiny spots were fully crusted.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    got the car up on stands yesterday and started measuring the tunnel for clearance on the 80e. with my current engine mount adapter plates it was going to be a nightmare to fit. im ordering some different ones from holley/hooker that move the engine down and forward in the engine bay and allow for much less trans tunnel modification. and for 60 dollars i can just turn around and sell my current ones without losing much/any cash.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    got the car up on stands yesterday and started measuring the tunnel for clearance on the 80e. with my current engine mount adapter plates it was going to be a nightmare to fit. im ordering some different ones from holley/hooker that move the engine down and forward in the engine bay and allow for much less trans tunnel modification. and for 60 dollars i can just turn around and sell my current ones without losing much/any cash.
    What current motor mounts are they? I know a dude (as usual) that may need them.

Also, if you don't pressure wash that engine I'm going to pee on your tire when I see you. Actually, let me just jinx you now. If you don't get that shit off your motor you're going to catch fire like a goth millennial did to the burban you got the motor from.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tmiller View Post
    What current motor mounts are they? I know a dude (as usual) that may need them.

Also, if you don't pressure wash that engine I'm going to pee on your tire when I see you. Actually, let me just jinx you now. If you don't get that shit off your motor you're going to catch fire like a goth millennial did to the burban you got the motor from.
    they are the UPR adapter plates that let you mount a stock mustang 4.6 motor mount to a LS motor.

im not pressure washing it. so take that negative juju and shove it up your yea.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sad dirty motor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tmiller View Post
    Sad dirty motor.
    i kinda like how he is keeping the oem ford look

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    good work dan. That can't be water in that Yeti cup that's in almost every post. You understand LS's now? Mine might be acting up.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orlando View Post
    i kinda like how he is keeping the oem ford look
    lolol this guy gets it. im just gunna tell people its a 302 with a euro intake manifold lol
    Quote Originally Posted by amgine View Post
    good work dan. That can't be water in that Yeti cup that's in almost every post. You understand LS's now? Mine might be acting up.
    always water in my yeti. nothing else really has ever been in it. ive understood LS motors for a long time man. the gtos have em and so does my tahoe. text me and we can chat about it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    We need to get back to wrenching on this bitch

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doat View Post
    We need to get back to wrenching on this bitch
    say when...

im wrenching on it as much as i can. next weekend will be heavy wrenching for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I bet your beard gets filthy as f. lol, nice build. keep the triangle wheels just add some tires and stock suspension, cam and 100 shot and see what she does.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el_cobra View Post
    I bet your beard gets filthy as f. lol, nice build. keep the triangle wheels just add some tires and stock suspension, cam and 100 shot and see what she does.
    not any dirtier than it normally gets collecting food and beverages lol.

its already got the cam in the motor, im gunna let it eat cam only for a bit while i hoard turbo parts to build the setup.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    i've let mine get away for the past six weeks or so. about to trim it back it gets annoying.