Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Home Upgrades & Purchases

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    Correction, my good sir, he said $10/year. But I pay nothing for that feature through Alarm.com.
    You right, I misread.

I pay nothing for that feature ass-well. Honeywell 4229 in the garage + a little alarm system programming = garage door control available on alarm keypad function keys, and through Vera.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Purchased a 16kw Generac NG whole house generator and switch. Having it installed in a couple of weeks. Didnt lose power during the storm but thought it would be a good investment, plus it just adds value to the house overall when i go to sell it some day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We finally got our master bedroom/bath/closet floor redone after loosing the carpet due to Harvey. We were living that concrete floor life for a while in there so it's nice to finally have it done. We used the wood look tile all the way through from the bedroom and in to the closet. The grout lightened up from the color tint we picked after it dried so we went through and sealed all of the grout with a semi-gloss which darkened it up a little and it ended up looking like we wanted. You can see the subtle difference from the pic of the open room and the pic with the furniture back in the room.

We also went to go check out some mattresses due to boredom and ended up ordering a new set up. Didn't plan on spending the money but no regrets, compared to our pillow top this thing is amazingly comfortable and I am honestly getting a better nights sleep. Made the mistake of taking one of those adjustable frames for a ride at the store and ended up with a pair of twins to fit the king size bed. Love it.

Bought an area rug too for under the bed since no more carpet and cold tile sucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XAoPiLLz View Post
    Purchased a 16kw Generac NG whole house generator and switch. Having it installed in a couple of weeks. Didnt lose power during the storm but thought it would be a good investment, plus it just adds value to the house overall when i go to sell it some day.
    Would love to have one of those, maybe in a couple of years I'll get one. Haven't gone without power for a long period of time since Ike, but that would suck to go through again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bought myself a new home this past summer. Almost 3k square feet on 1-3/4 acres. We were very lucky not to flood as Dickinson Bayou is at the end of my street. Out of the 23 houses on my street, only 4 flooded. We had to live on an island for a few days but lucked out.

Anyone know of a company that will buy trees that are on your property? I have about 40 palm trees and I want to get rid of a bunch of them. Id prefer to sell/give them away rather than cut them down. I pulled three big sago palms a couple of weekends ago with my neighbors tractor and fortunately was able to give them to my neighbor. The palms are mature and range in sizes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    All that tile makes the house loud too. Doors are cut for carpet so sound and air transference is high. Get ready to hear every goddamn noise in the house at night.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hporkchopd View Post
    Bought myself a new home this past summer. Almost 3k square feet on 1-3/4 acres. We were very lucky not to flood as Dickinson Bayou is at the end of my street. Out of the 23 houses on my street, only 4 flooded. We had to live on an island for a few days but lucked out.

Anyone know of a company that will buy trees that are on your property? I have about 40 palm trees and I want to get rid of a bunch of them. Id prefer to sell/give them away rather than cut them down. I pulled three big sago palms a couple of weekends ago with my neighbors tractor and fortunately was able to give them to my neighbor. The palms are mature and range in sizes.
    You need to google “palm tree broker”.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tmiller View Post
    All that tile makes the house loud too. Doors are cut for carpet so sound and air transference is high. Get ready to hear every goddamn noise in the house at night.
    Yeah but the rest of the downstairs is all hard wood so we're pretty used to hearing the dogs click clackin' when they walk around. Would rather deal with that than chancing another carpet install getting ruined in the event of another crazy flood. Wife and I are not a big fan of carpet any way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've got two small kids who are busy crawling and falling, otherwise I wouldn't even have carpet in my house right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    saw the Chamberlain 1/2 HP Chain Drive Garage Door Opener at Home Depot off of 610 & N Durham for $55.00 Reg.$128 if anyone is looking for one. They had a bunch in stock

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    can someone recommend an electrician? i need to see if i can get some outlets installed into my garage...it only came with one Also my garage door opener is connect to a light bulb socket with a grounded outlet and if the switch is off then the garage door opener is off. Any ideas on what i can do to fix that because its pretty dumb. Maybe turn that light socket into an outlet and then install new shop lights?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fa1 View Post
    can someone recommend an electrician? i need to see if i can get some outlets installed into my garage...it only came with one Also my garage door opener is connect to a light bulb socket with a grounded outlet and if the switch is off then the garage door opener is off. Any ideas on what i can do to fix that because its pretty dumb. Maybe turn that light socket into an outlet and then install new shop lights?
    Sending you a PM now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    that wood style tile looks really nice, my mom just did it in her house as well with a light grey style looking wood tile. Came out really nice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I dont think I've got much value honestly...nothing but mexican fan palms...freaking everywhere.Attachment 38palm3.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    kwikset smartlock 909 is on sale for $70 at Home Depot on Highway 6 near Bissonett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    wife and I are looking at an i8 sleep number bed...Any thoughts on their mattresses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    FYI
    If someone planning on Lowe online purchase soon

20% off coupons

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...tHoLNu/pubhtml

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This deal has been going on for a little while

But you can still capitalize on a awesome deal if you're looking for google home.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Google-Ho...halk/159013183
    Buy and pick up at nearest Walmart. Link google and Walmart to get $25 express google credit.
    From there you can buy another google mini (while in stock, comes and goes) ...limit two per home. But easily go around that.

https://express.google.com/about/express25/

Bonuses. First $55 gets $20 off order, so you can get full size or just add toilet paper. White tshirts etc.

Amex people, check your card for same offer which should stack!
    Chase ppl have points.

Sweet deal, I've paired each my home with a mini for fuller and surroundish sound.

Welcome. I would link my google link for $10 bonus but it's one or the other. Youll want the other haha....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    https://www.wyzecam.com/product/wyze-cam/

Home camera for 20 bucks?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by disgookonfiya View Post
    That's pretty impressive for the price point. Too bad they are out of stock.