Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2A is under attack thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XAoPiLLz View Post
    i picked up a Benelli M4 for 1400 right before the shooting and im getting offers of over 2k already from friends and family. I LOVE the gun but i think i might let it go if i can get 2400 for it and then just buy another one later on down the road once prices start to go back down. People are listing them for crazy amounts on gunbroker already.
    That is a bad ass shot gun and on my wish list but why are they wanting to panic buy that? I understand ars but a semi shot gun?

I haven't seen anything go up except for those stupid stocks. Someone on Texas gun trader was selling some for 600 each lol

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by disgookonfiya View Post
    Believe it or not, I carry that one pretty often. Carry rotation pretty much goes G19, G19, G19, G19, and from time to time my Shield or M&P compact. Different G19 for most weekdays, Shield or m&p for weekends.
    Nice, was joking that the other glocks are all done up with their RMRs and fancy racegun parts, and the gray one seems so plain and stock - "khakis."

My carry rotation goes G23, G23, G23 and used to go G19, G19, G19 with the occasional 1911 sprinkled in to spice it up, so I get it. One of these days I will test the G43 out with carry ammo and figure out a holster for it, but for now it's just a cute little bitty toy.

Oh and benelli M4s are super nice, really smooth dampened cycling and great to shoot. It's a real pinkies up high-class semi, especially coming from the Saigas I like to screw around with.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Lol he said racegun.

Also, I think the title of this thread is stupid. Can it be November already?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tmiller View Post
    Lol he said racegun.

Also, I think the title of this thread is stupid. Can it be November already?
    what is the etiquette on race gun?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyOng View Post
    what is the etiquette on race gun?
    This pretty well sums it up. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racegun

Dunno if he actually competes with those pistols. I just saw a bunch of racegun-like setups.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    man, the NRA fucked up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My "shorty's"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Where did you find the shockwave in town?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Didn't. I ordered on gunbroker.com and shipped it to my ffl. All said and done was $365 with ffl fee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny View Post
    Didn't. I ordered on gunbroker.com and shipped it to my ffl. All said and done was $365 with ffl fee.
    What do you think of it? Do you consider it just a toy or something actually useful?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd say a little of both. It works as a home defense weapon, without being overly large/long. But, it cant be as easily aimed as your typical shoulder fired shotgun. But when you really think about it, if you had to shoot someone in your house, its not gonna be a far distance. I was trying to find the legality of putting a pistol grip and something like a SB Tactical M4 brace on it or something to make it more "fun". I havent had a chance to shoot the mini shells yet, but from what i saw and read they are g2g.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Question for you all, I have been looking for a gun for my daughter. She is only a teen in high school. My wife and I have to work and that leaves my daughter alone at home for almost an hour before and after school. Lately, there has been a bit of a crime increase in our neighborhood and it mostly consisted of petty things but on Monday one our neighbors had people go in their house while they slept and rob them.

I have firearms but she finds the Ars and shotgun heavy and is recoil sensitive on the pistols (she is a teen and weighs 100 pounds). Was I thinking a 20 gauge shotgun maybe? I don't think 22 is enough but maybe out of a rifle length barrel? Maybe a 380 pistol?

Would appreciate any advice or if anyone has been in this situation and how it was resolved.

Forgot to add we have 2 dogs and alarm. The alarm will let her know something is going on and the German Shepherd will react, the husky might watch and go back to sleep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe she can try something in .22 magnum? I tried to get my wife to use something in 9mm but she says .380 is much more manageable for her so she uses a Sig P238. You could also just let her practice/train with a 9mm to get comfortable with it, which would probably be the best option since she will likely need to train anyhow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Also, i stippled the grip on my shockwave, it was pretty slick... not anymore!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by samthagreat View Post
    Question for you all, I have been looking for a gun for my daughter. She is only a teen in high school. My wife and I have to work and that leaves my daughter alone at home for almost an hour before and after school. Lately, there has been a bit of a crime increase in our neighborhood and it mostly consisted of petty things but on Monday one our neighbors had people go in their house while they slept and rob them.

I have firearms but she finds the Ars and shotgun heavy and is recoil sensitive on the pistols (she is a teen and weighs 100 pounds). Was I thinking a 20 gauge shotgun maybe? I don't think 22 is enough but maybe out of a rifle length barrel? Maybe a 380 pistol?

Would appreciate any advice or if anyone has been in this situation and how it was resolved.

Forgot to add we have 2 dogs and alarm. The alarm will let her know something is going on and the German Shepherd will react, the husky might watch and go back to sleep.
    You should move.

Seriously though, I'd be apprehensive about buying a teenager a firearm if they don't have any experience. Even if she does, the last thing you want to get them is anything automatic, as in a time of high stress there are too many things to go wrong on those. I'd personally make a safe room in a closet of the house before advising her to grab a firearm and confront an intruder (not that you would). If you're dead set on buying her something, I'd buy a pump action 20ga or 410ga, leaving the stock on it so she can shoot it from the hip. Pull the plug, load it with heavy shot, or buck.

With regards to the safe room, you figure out which closet you want to make it in, pull the door and buy a solid core door with a metal frame. You want the door to swing out so it's harder for someone from the outside to get in, I.E. if they're kicking it they're kicking against the frame. Add deadbolts or heavy duty hardware, then put the shotgun in there.
    Last edited by tmiller; 10-19-2017 at 09:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe she can try something in .22 magnum?
    hmmm, didn't think of a 22 mag

Quote Originally Posted by tmiller View Post
    You should move.
    LOL I will in a few years. It is a nice neighborhood except for these teens messing with cars every once in a while and now this break-in.

Damn that panic room idea is awesome, thanks a lot. I will do that this weekend before I decide on a gun. I was thinking same 20ga but 410 sounds good too

Thanks for advice guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone have a spare Glock 19 gen 3 frame they wanna sell?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anyone have a spare Glock 19 gen 3 frame they wanna sell?
    got 10 of them