Function and Form Type 1 Coilovers
New ball joints, tie rod ends, wheel bearings etc etc etc
Beaks lower tie bar
Three point front upper strut bar
Two point rear upper strut bar
ARP extended studs
Wheel Spacers? not sure on size... depends on how it looks, no more than 10mm
All on a 96 ITR

Looking for an aggressive stance but this car will see the street everyday. Anyone with any experience with DC2 suspension or with input on the F&F's chime in. Thanks!

tofuspeedster
02-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Function/Form is pretty solid.

Are you going to be doing any "spirited" driving? Or just hard parking?

Lexxi_TegK24
02-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Keeping the ITR rear LCA's I take it? Do you want stance or function?

LCA's are key to changing your suspension geometry--whatever part you choose, pairing that to the ride height with the coilover will get you good results. I really like F7s for the DCs.

LCA should make a 90degree angle relative to your subframe and brakes (bottom of knuckle).

Any more or less and handling will suffer.

rhdITR
02-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Definitely more of a driver than a parker. Normally, I go with just a quality lowering spring (I have been happy with H&R in the past) and a good quality shock. I want to go a little lower with this build, and this is actually my first set of coilovers. I am not into the hellaflush, cambered out, stretched tire look. Not hating on it, just not my style. I will just go trial and error with it, glad to hear some positive stuff on the F&F. Also- I am going with the F7 LCA's.

tofuspeedster
02-02-2011, 12:01 AM
Do you know what strut bars you want to acquire? Im assuming by three point you want the Carbing bar.

Rear id go with the BeatRush piece. Underrated but probably the best available. Better than the Miricle bars in my opinion.

rhdITR
02-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Carbing yes. Thanks for the suggestion, I will check it out. Miracle is a little too much $$$ for my price range.

icemanimports
02-03-2011, 06:35 AM
i was so dissatisfied with all the rear bars i tried for my EM1 that i wound up having my engineering friend design one for me and build it. wound up finding that a simple x brace tieing the struts to the rear bumper bolt position was the strongest with the least amount of uni-body flex.

rhdITR
02-03-2011, 06:38 PM
Something similar to the Password JDM 4 point?

icemanimports
02-03-2011, 07:01 PM
similar, but its smaller diameter and much stiffer since its steel and not aluminum. its worth the extra weight since it ties the car together so much better.

tofuspeedster
02-10-2011, 05:35 PM
http://www.kamispeed.com/BEATRUSH-Rear-Trunk-Bar-Integra-Type-R-DC2-130-p/br.s84050pb-rx.htm

If that's out of range for you they have a rear bar as well.

http://www.kamispeed.com/BEATRUSH-Rear-Strut-Bar-Integra-Type-R-DC2-p/br.s84050-rta.htm