PDA

View Full Version : New suspension 99-00 Civic Coupe

Monk2010
01-22-2011, 05:57 PM
well i want to get some badass struts and coilovers for my Civic. I want something that is real stiff and not bouncy. I saw a fixed up civic run across like nothin on a bumpy road and hardly bounced or hit hard. :rock: While mine bounced a lot and was hitting pretty hard. :facepalm: Planning on getting something for my car when i get my income. but dont know whats real good. anybody know? and i want info on how not to mess up my tires cause my old civic had messed up tires from wear when i lowered it. anybody know the prices and names of stuff that i might need to get? anybody know how to drop a car proffesionally? :thumb:

crzdmngz
01-31-2011, 12:08 PM
well i want to get some badass struts and coilovers for my Civic. I want something that is real stiff and not bouncy. I saw a fixed up civic run across like nothin on a bumpy road and hardly bounced or hit hard. :rock: While mine bounced a lot and was hitting pretty hard. :facepalm: Planning on getting something for my car when i get my income. but dont know whats real good. anybody know? and i want info on how not to mess up my tires cause my old civic had messed up tires from wear when i lowered it. anybody know the prices and names of stuff that i might need to get? anybody know how to drop a car proffesionally? :thumb:

x2

rage
01-31-2011, 12:11 PM
get some coilovers like function/form or something. the key to not eating tires is getting it aligned after you get the ride height where you want it

EKcivic936
01-31-2011, 03:02 PM
COilOVERS ARE BOUNCy. lOWERiNg SPRiNGS iS tHE WAY. AND FRONt CAMBER KiT AS WELL, BACK SiDE DONt NEED A CAMBER KIT iT CAN BE ALIGNED WItH ALIGNMENT OR THE WASHER TRICK. AND SOME GOOD SHOCKS. I HAD MY STOCK SHOCKS AND JAMEX LOWERING SPRINGS AND SKUNK2 CAMBER KIT AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE TIRES, AND RODE lIKE STOCK STIFF. IT WAS ON MY 97 CIVIC.

Monk2010
01-31-2011, 03:24 PM
COilOVERS ARE BOUNCy. lOWERiNg SPRiNGS iS tHE WAY. AND FRONt CAMBER KiT AS WELL, BACK SiDE DONt NEED A CAMBER KIT iT CAN BE ALIGNED WItH ALIGNMENT OR THE WASHER TRICK. AND SOME GOOD SHOCKS. I HAD MY STOCK SHOCKS AND JAMEX LOWERING SPRINGS AND SKUNK2 CAMBER KIT AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE TIRES, AND RODE lIKE STOCK STIFF. IT WAS ON MY 97 CIVIC.

Anybody know of a good place where i can get an alignment. Cost? thanks for the advice. :thumb: Yep coilovers are bouncy. had some but i took em off cause i dont wanna take my 8month old daughter to the hospital. :Ohnoez: Lol.

ogkiko
03-22-2011, 11:57 PM
well what ever you do, do not go to LMC. Well, at least the one by Aldine Westfield. They will try to get every penny from you

re-verse
04-21-2011, 02:31 PM
One Stop on Hillcroft.