PDA

View Full Version : camber problem

integra101
12-03-2010, 05:23 PM
ok so i did a rear disc conversion on my 91 civic hatch well after that one tire sits more strait than the other. the driver side has the same camber as it did before the swap but the passanger side is sitting up like i put a cambe kit lol so if i hit a hard corner it rubs a bit n i can tell the diff on how it sits. i used all the stuff needed on the swap i didnt use any of the integra control arms so i dont know why it would b doin this if anyone has any info please let me know thanks

integra101
12-03-2010, 10:05 PM
the didnt have this problem before the rear disc

integra101
12-06-2010, 12:07 PM
guess noone ever had this problem

blazesxt
12-06-2010, 01:40 PM
any time you do any suspension adjustments..the camber/toe specs isnt gonna be the same..take it to get an alignment and have them tweak it.

integra101
12-06-2010, 06:42 PM
ya i know that ive done more than one rear disc and never had this happen i mean i have camber on one side but for some reason the other side seemed to b almost as strait as if it was factory and not lowered

EricRyan
12-06-2010, 10:14 PM
If you didn't touch any bolt connected to the upper/lower control arms and/or struts, then the alignment should, in theory, stay the exact same. If this is the case, I'd bet on a bent spindle or a bad wheel bearing. But it sounds to me like something was loosened in the swap and as a general rule of thumb anytime you loosen the two strut bolts or anything relating to the control arms, an alignment is going to be needed.

EricRyan
12-06-2010, 10:19 PM
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/mustangtuning/steeda-sport-lowering-springs-0510-08.jpg

If you think you can tackle this yourself, you'll need to loosen these two bolts, stick a prybar in between the strut and the spindle and pry the top of the spindle towards the outside of the car while tightening the bolts again, this will give you more positive camber. Make sure the two bolts are tight as all #*@*. Oh and words of wisdom, while doing this, jack the car up by the frame, not the suspension since you don't want these parts in a bind or they will fly out at you!

integra101
12-07-2010, 06:29 AM
thanks i will try that lets see if that works

integra101
12-07-2010, 06:33 AM
i have no clue why it is all jacked up but ima see what i can do