PDA

View Full Version : swervin and burbon >>><<<

ep3&dc2
11-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Hello H-I,

Last week I was given some information from my local tire guy.

I am unsure of what he was saying or if it is true/accurate. This is where you guys can help clarify the situation. Tire man told me my driver side upper ball joint is out. He had my car lifted up and the tire moved on a vertical axis. I was initially coming in for a balance. However tire man told me the tire balance is perfect, and that I need to get that bushing changed. So I went to the local Autozone to pick up this upper ball joint bushing. The man behind the counter said that they only carry the upper control arm with the bushing installed.

So am I needing to pick up a control arm? Or do I need to go elsewhere to get just the bushing? I don't have a press, really I have a socket set and can of WD-40 and some channel locks :cool:

Keep in mind I am trying to salvage as much cash as possible.

Any help is much appreciated, and thank you for reading.

icemanimports
11-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Hello H-I,

Last week I was given some information from my local tire guy.

I am unsure of what he was saying or if it is true/accurate. This is where you guys can help clarify the situation. Tire man told me my driver side upper ball joint is out. He had my car lifted up and the tire moved on a vertical axis. I was initially coming in for a balance. However tire man told me the tire balance is perfect, and that I need to get that bushing changed. So I went to the local Autozone to pick up this upper ball joint bushing. The man behind the counter said that they only carry the upper control arm with the bushing installed.

So am I needing to pick up a control arm? Or do I need to go elsewhere to get just the bushing? I don't have a press, really I have a socket set and can of WD-40 and some channel locks :cool:

Keep in mind I am trying to salvage as much cash as possible.

Any help is much appreciated, and thank you for reading.
upper balljoints on hondas are not exactly something you replace with out replacing the whole arm. also as a side note; its just called a "ball joint" not a "ball joint bushing"

91SEE-ARE-EX-Si
11-16-2010, 07:53 PM
You can do both, replace whole arm or just ball joint. Depending on your cash. If you do the arm, if it doesn't come with new body mount bushing get those while your at it.

ep3&dc2
11-19-2010, 10:25 AM
Thank you guys for the info, have the control arm assembly on order.

90crxHF
11-23-2010, 10:59 AM
Thank you guys for the info, have the control arm assembly on order.

That's the least hassle way to do it...