PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Evo-X GSR suspension upgrades

zoom-zoombiatch
10-29-2010, 11:06 AM
Have an '08 Evo-X and have been through two sets of aftermarket/stock shocks trying to achieve a ride balanced between street and track (road course).
Tried the stockers at TWS in College Station and was like riding in a boat. After installing sway bars made the ride a bit better through entrance, apex, and exit. The car still had a uneasing feeling.
So installed some Tein Mono's with the EDFC. Was a night and day difference other then my ass seemed to be a bit "floaty". Rolled around with the Teins for a little while and became sick of them. Contacted Tein about the rear spring setup and there was nothing higher of rate for that suspension.
Next tried the suspension from a MR Evo-X, Brillsteinís with less then 5k miles on them. Closer to what was wanted but still not as crisp as would like. The back end is the main problem and the flosty feeling is still there a little less then stock.
Does anyone on here have an Evo and has played with the suspension enough to explain their experience? Not looking for the "riced" feeling of bobbing/bouncing over every bump and crack in the road. I still want the suspension to work like its supposed to.
Also while Im here, I know this isn't the for sale section but the Tein Monos with the EDFC are up for sale. $2200 obo, less then 1k miles driven on them and will fit from 2008-11. If interested Kevin@gasheadmotorworks.com (Kevin@gasheadmotorworks.com)
Any info from other Evo driver would be helpful.

icemanimports
10-29-2010, 01:29 PM
i know you said you dont want the tiens. but did you try changing the spring preload by compressing it with the upper adjustment ring, and then raising the lower ring to compensate for the change in ride height.

zoom-zoombiatch
11-02-2010, 08:07 AM
i know you said you dont want the tiens. but did you try changing the spring preload by compressing it with the upper adjustment ring, and then raising the lower ring to compensate for the change in ride height.

We tried all sorts of adjustments with compression of spring to height, compression and rebound of shock. Nothing made a big difference.
Also the compression changes to the Tein springs then backing the height down does nothing for anything on suspension, they counter act eachother. We were playing with that method on corner balancing and it changes nothing at all for corner weights or cross %. ride height is still the only real way to alter these adjustments.
Im beginning to get to the point of just leaving the damned thing alone.

icemanimports
11-04-2010, 03:56 PM
man that blows. i guess i wont ever buy tien stuff.