PDA

View Full Version : new rsx suspension help

bombsaway
10-28-2010, 09:32 AM
hey guys,

I just got this 04 rsx type s and lemme tell u i am a noob. I love automatics and after much persuasion and a good deal i got this rsx s. It was wrecked on the side and I got that fixed. It drives real good but has an alignment issue which ill take care of as soon as i can.

The problem is with the suspension. I don't know if its this car or all rsx's. it doesn't go too well over bumps and small potholes on the road(feeders). I need somebody to take a look and give me some advice.

Hope I haven't sounded stupid :) :facepalm:

icemanimports
10-28-2010, 02:11 PM
the type S is a sports car, thus has a relatively stiff suspension so you feel bumps more than you would in a sedan or other passenger vehicle. take a few of the fly overs at 85 and you will see why its stiff, you wont have much body roll(sway).

icemanimports
10-28-2010, 02:12 PM
this is not to say that there is not some thing wrong with yours im just say to keep in mind the intent of the vehicle.

bombsaway
10-28-2010, 05:44 PM
true dat. its a beast on the freeways

icemanimports
10-28-2010, 06:35 PM
yeah man they are fun little cars, i really miss mine. mine had a hardish ride for a stock car but compared to my civic or my old prelude it was smooth as butter, so i think you will just get used to it over time.