PDA

View Full Version : Place to resurface slotted rotors?

Aznattic
09-14-2010, 10:53 PM
I got some new Stop tech brake pads, and i was going to use my old rotors but from the looks of it i may new to resurface them. I called up Oreillys and they had no idea what slotted rotors were and wouldn't be able to do them. Their price though was good at $15 per rotor.

So does anyone know a place i can get these resurfaced/cleaned? If not, can i just clean it with a scuff pad and then bed in the pads?

I have seen some people even sand their rotors down with 150 grit and then scuff pad it to clean it. Only issue with that is i don't want to unevenly sand down the rotor which is bound to happen. Thanks.

spec
09-15-2010, 11:56 AM
If I had too, I'd try a machine shop if no one else is able to do it. I don't know if they'd be expensive but, i'm sure they've got the lathe for it.

mikespeed95
09-15-2010, 12:41 PM
Turning the rotors is only done to make sure that the rotor isn't warped. Sandpaper will not do this.

Besides, not to be condemning, but use some common sense, why on earth would you sand down something by hand, only to subsequently have the hydraulic force of your cars braking system clamp onto it with a brake pad?

Slotted rotors are not designed to be turned, if you wanna put racecar stuff on your streetcar you gotta do racecar like maintenance.

icemanimports
09-15-2010, 07:11 PM
the real answer to your question is almost anywhere that has high end newish rotor lathes. if they use round ceramic cutting heads they will do slotted and drilled rotors with out causing gouging to the slots/xdrills.