PDA

View Full Version : Houston Rockets 10-11 Season Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

mtran
06-24-2010, 07:47 PM
patrick patterson, possible trade fodder?

Nega-Patio
06-24-2010, 09:02 PM
who is he and what can he do for me?

aznguy83
06-24-2010, 09:13 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft/results/players?id=19151&_slug_=patrick-patterson&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fdraft%2fresults%2fplayers%3fid%3d19151%26_slug_ %3dpatrick-patterson

aznguy83
06-24-2010, 09:15 PM
some say he might be replacing j.hill if he gets traded.

PeteSi
06-24-2010, 09:23 PM
He ain't bad. I liked him better than Cousins in the tourney. In Morey We Trust.

Scientific
06-24-2010, 09:28 PM
Another undersized rookie PF? Can he be that much better than Hill? I liked what I saw from Jordan, I dont think Morey would want to start all over agin with another rookie. No thank you.

Ohdubbz
06-24-2010, 09:43 PM
none of us can know what is going on in Morey's head. I'm not even trying to think about the possibilities, just waiting for it to play out.

Mazda6
06-24-2010, 10:22 PM
Landry, Scola, Hayes

I am tired of undersize PF's.. please let this be a piece of a trade

tenguin
06-24-2010, 11:44 PM
im with you sci, jordan hill is pretty good. now that him and bud have more time to practice with each other, i can see this team going the distance. put lowry in the starting lineup and put ab with chase and hill. damn im already getting excited for the next season.

lowry ab
martin bud/taylor
ariza battier
scola hill
yao chucky

we are golden

azn2050
06-24-2010, 11:54 PM
im with you sci, jordan hill is pretty good. now that him and bud have more time to practice with each other, i can see this team going the distance. put lowry in the starting lineup and put ab with chase and hill. damn im already getting excited for the next season.

lowry ab
martin bud/taylor
ariza battier
scola hill
yao chucky

we are golden

I still think we need a center and not have hayes as a backup. Yao is only going to play maybe 20-25 minutes a game so we need another big (true center).

Anyone know which big is going to be available as a free agent?

tenguin
06-25-2010, 12:01 AM
im not saying hayes is perfect, but he has proven he can hang with most centers. i wished we could have kept dorsey, he was pretty good and was getting better. not he is going to rot in sac.

azn2050
06-25-2010, 12:10 AM
im not saying hayes is perfect, but he has proven he can hang with most centers. i wished we could have kept dorsey, he was pretty good and was getting better. not he is going to rot in sac.

True that he can hang with the best of them, but I was just thinking back to the Lakers/Celtics Series. At times, the bigs proved to be a bit much for smaller teams. And Yes I know that Celtics could have won the series, but at times you can really see the potential in having a dominating big or bigs (with Bynum, Gasol, and Odom getting so many boards)

I just looked up available centers and its not pretty... I thought it was funny though if we were able to get Brandon Haywood from Dallas... and say that we didnt give up anything for him... but I dont think it would happen.

I can already see us picking up Jermaine O'neal if Amare goes to Miami.

speeddemon
06-25-2010, 12:32 AM
umm arent yall a little early for this thread?? we just started the offseason, how are you gonna go ahead and start one for a season thats still 4 months away?? :rolleyes:

Scientific
06-25-2010, 11:05 AM
umm arent yall a little early for this thread?? we just started the offseason, how are you gonna go ahead and start one for a season thats still 4 months away?? :rolleyes:

Well we dont want to swarm the NBA off season thread with rockets talk, and arent we now in 10-11 season mode? The 09-10 ended a week ago.

And the summer League is right around the corner.

speeddemon
06-25-2010, 11:08 AM
Well we dont want to swarm the NBA off season thread with rockets talk, and arent we now in 10-11 season mode? The 09-10 ended a week ago.

And the summer League is right around the corner.

I guess whatever

tuanieee
06-25-2010, 04:24 PM
2010 1st round draft pick #14

patrick patterson from Kentucky

http://web15.twitpic.com/img/120807284-dc94f80ed5f1b5ec039b5388141f16b3.4c252de8-scaled.jpg

aznguy83
06-25-2010, 05:30 PM

because teams can start trading on july 1st and its basically a domino effect once when and if lebron gets traded.

aznguy83
06-25-2010, 05:34 PM
http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=5387347&postcount=1

hatchless one
06-25-2010, 06:25 PM
http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=5387347&postcount=1

good fu### info!!!!:thumb:

hatchless one
06-25-2010, 06:31 PM
Landry, Scola, Hayes

i highly dought they are going to trade him, if you seen the video conferences about him and what morey sais, they really wanted him badly!!, he was the number one guy they were going after. he is not really that undersized, either way he makes it up with his athleticism and wing span.

mtran
06-25-2010, 09:19 PM
Landry, Scola, Hayes

yao ming, zydrunas ilguaskas, andrew bynum, greg oden, joel pryzbilla, marcus camby.

guess what they all have in common? theyre all 7fters. guess what else? theyre also injury prone.

big baby, perkins and chuck hayes is living proof all you need is hustle and you can defend with the best of them. now when you got a guy like gasol whose 7ft with a 7+ft wingspan, all you can do is put your hands up, put a body on him and hope he misses. because even WITH yao, pau can get what he wants on the court.

the league has moved away from the days when 7fter roamed the court. guys like deke, zo, pat, dream, shaq are not as pivotal with the guard-oriented style of refereeing. you need a super point guard (cp3, dwill, parker, rondo, rose, westbrook, nash, billups) or a superb perimeter player (kobe, wade, bron, melo, durant). big men are a dying breed and the bigger you are, the more likely you are to be phased out by poor officiating and injuries.

guys like jordan hill and patrick patterson are 6'9", typical height for PFs. the great thing about those 2 guys is they measure longer wingspan and good athleticism, so that can be a deadly combination on defense.

in all honesty, if we dont make a major splash in the free agency, our depth can look like

yao/patterson/andersen
scola/hill/hayes
battier/ariza/budinger
martin/taylor
brooks/lowry

a little thin at the 1/2 position but llull is suppose to be a stud soon to come over and we can also pick up a decent 2 with the MLE. all we need is a healthy yao, and i think we have enough balance to be a 2004 detroit-type team-lots of good, synergist players that play well together as a unit.

MMurray
06-25-2010, 11:54 PM
They need to move Ariza.

Scientific
06-26-2010, 05:20 PM
in all honesty, if we dont make a major splash in the free agency, our depth can look like

yao/patterson/andersen
scola/hill/hayes
battier/ariza/budinger
martin/taylor
brooks/lowry

a little thin at the 1/2 position but llull is suppose to be a stud soon to come over and we can also pick up a decent 2 with the MLE. all we need is a healthy yao, and i think we have enough balance to be a 2004 detroit-type team-lots of good, synergist players that play well together as a unit.

Screw that noise, we need a legit Center if we hope to have any chance to get to the finals. Brad Miller, Camby, Dampier, anybody who can help clog that lane. A rookie PF, an Aussie, and as much as i love him, Chuck, isnt going to cut it.

Mazda6
06-28-2010, 07:47 PM
Brooks NY first round draft pick and Battier to the Hawks sign and trade for Joe Johnson

Scola next year first round draft pick, patrick patterson, Budinger to Raptors for Chris Bosh

Yao/Anderson
Bosh/Hill/Hayes
Ariza
Martin/Taylor
Johnson/Lowry

Eight man rotation- Johnson Martin Ariza Bosh Yao off the bench Jill Lowry and Taylor. Maybe a free agent to add to rotation. Gives you freedom to slide Johnson to SG and Martin to SF.. Bosh to C when you give guys rest.

dudeimfromhtown
06-29-2010, 07:41 PM
no thanks on joe johnson coming to houston

mtran
06-29-2010, 08:32 PM
Gives you freedom to slide Johnson to SG and Martin to SF.. Bosh to C when you give guys rest.

that reeks of softness. dear lord were going to get pounded worse than jenna jameson nightly with that lineup on defense.

and joe johnson isnt the guy we need here in houston. he wants max money for being no more than a kevin martin type of player. no thanks. you cant have both martin AND johnson. kinda of redundant since neither can play the 3 position and your tying alot of cap space into a position that isnt of need (point guard, center)

tenguin
06-29-2010, 10:58 PM
haha, mazda is crazy. i would rather have dirk than bosh. dirk and martin would be a crazy combo. since dirk can create his own shots he may even work with ab. so send the argentinian for the german.

BRING ME HASSELLHOFF!

Nega-Patio
06-30-2010, 12:53 PM
Pat Pat is gonna be on Rome tomorrow for those that listen

mtran
06-30-2010, 08:27 PM
i dont like pat pat lols thats a whack nickname

maybe p-dub or something. hes the REAL truth. fuck you paul pierce

PeteSi
06-30-2010, 08:33 PM
PP-Son

Bloodwings19
07-01-2010, 06:17 AM
I'm ready to change my avatar with Chris Bosh. I think Bosh will come if he finds his heart, not emotion because friends and posse will tell him to play for the Bulls, or the Heat. I believe Morey gave him scenarios that would make him fit in Houston. We'll find out where Bosh is going from his twitter. http://twitter.com/chrisbosh

ICED@15K
07-01-2010, 08:08 AM
^should probably change it regardless. Not sure if you got the memo but none of those guys in your current avy play for the rockets any more. Just in case you haven't heard the latest news.

Nega-Patio
07-01-2010, 08:10 AM
Pat Pat por Vida

dudeimfromhtown
07-06-2010, 09:24 PM
^should probably change it regardless. Not sure if you got the memo but none of those guys in your current avy play for the rockets any more. Just in case you haven't heard the latest news.

werd

chevyman85
07-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Boozer agrees to bulls offer
bosh is goin to miami...

rockets quest for bosh is done. But look at how much we had to throw to toronto for sign and trade, which toronto wasn't interested in! Maybe bosh thought houston would suck because of losing those players for JUST him. Truth is, it would definately hurt us, if Yao comes back healthy id think we would win more games with our squad than cutting key players for bosh. If it is evident Yao isn't healed next season and misses like more than 50-60% id think offseason 2011 is when we should make a move or 2. If he shows signs he is healthy and still almost 20ppg 10rpg, shoot, get him an extension!!!

We need a decent backup center, brad miller, fabricio oberto, Jermaine O’Neal. MID-LEVEL and if they can't sign them so be it

Scientific
07-07-2010, 06:09 PM
As it is, the Rockets are a solid 4-7 seed......again. If Yao comes back to 20-10 form, Kevin Martin can play with him and avg over 20+, we have a punchers chance. But that's it. We're not legit contenders. We will have a deep bench, and maybe that might be enough, the Celtics looked deeper, but weren't on par talent wise. And in a conference playing with young teams like Portalnd and OKC, it will be tough. The Lakers still have one more year left in them, our window with Yao is closing.

Our team looks good, but it'll be tough knowing that it may not be enough. Youth and experience is on our side now.

mtran
07-07-2010, 07:30 PM
i think with amare and boozer leaving the west, phx and utah might fall off as playoff threats. with oden still out, i dont know how far portland can go also. yao is a big question mark for us, but he sat out an entire year to rehab his stress fracture. the spurs also lost jefferson. i think the west has been watered down, talent wise. i dont think it would be extremely difficult for us to crack top 4 in the west IF EVERYONE IS HEALTHY. the only REAL teams i see ahead of us are:

definitely ahead-los angeles
maybe ahead-dallas
on par-san antonio, okc, portland, maybe utah/phx
definitely below-nawlins, memphis, sacramento, clippers, warriors

Scientific
07-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Dont overlook the Clippers, Blake for ROY.

mtran
07-07-2010, 08:29 PM

diddy
eg
idk
blake
kaman

i cant really see this team leapfrogging memphis in wins. and memphis is clear cut better than the clippers at every position except pg.

diddy > conley
eg </= oj mayo
rasual butler? < rudy gay
blake < zach randolph
kaman < gasol

but wasnt zach randolph traded on draft night?

PeteSi
07-07-2010, 08:32 PM
you really underrate kaman

mtran
07-07-2010, 08:34 PM

yeah kaman isnt bad. i just like marc gasol alot better. he reminds me of a spanish scola!!

tenguin
07-07-2010, 09:14 PM
our team is better without bosh. if yao stays healthy, i think we have a real chance

mtran
07-07-2010, 09:23 PM
yao/chuck/patterson
scola/hill/jeffries
ariza/battier/budinger
martin/taylor
brooks/lowry

i cant wait to play with the rockets on 2k11!

i might be in the minority here, but i think we should bring back mcgrady for the LLE

hatchless one
07-07-2010, 09:30 PM
yao/chuck/patterson
scola/hill/jeffries
ariza/battier/budinger
martin/taylor
brooks/lowry

i cant wait to play with the rockets on 2k11!

i might be in the minority here, but i think we should bring back mcgrady for the LLE

lol i actually agree with you on t-mac, switch out the positions of hill and petterson, i read that they are giving hill practice at the 5, dont know why.

Mazda6
07-07-2010, 09:58 PM
tmac for 2 years 5 million.. i would take that risk

PeteSi
07-07-2010, 09:59 PM
fuck t-mac

tenguin
07-07-2010, 10:03 PM
yeah you would pete, you sure would

Scientific
07-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Screw that, I rather get a NBDL 7 ftr.

ICED@15K
07-08-2010, 05:49 AM
i think with amare and boozer leaving the west, phx and utah might fall off as playoff threats. with oden still out, i dont know how far portland can go also. yao is a big question mark for us, but he sat out an entire year to rehab his stress fracture. the spurs also lost jefferson. i think the west has been watered down, talent wise. i dont think it would be extremely difficult for us to crack top 4 in the west IF EVERYONE IS HEALTHY. the only REAL teams i see ahead of us are:

definitely ahead-los angeles
maybe ahead-dallas
on par-san antonio, okc, portland, maybe utah/phx
definitely below-nawlins, memphis, sacramento, clippers, warriors
For sure. I'm glad to see boozer and amare gone, althought if the suns do end up getting david lee like it has been speculated then I could still see them in the playoff run.

Possibly. I wouldn't mind seeing them at the 8th seed with a healthy blake

A lot of people do. Kaman is a really solid player imo.

tmac for 2 years 5 million.. i would take that risk

5 millions? You must be on that good stuff. If he were to come back to the Rockets that nga should be playing for free to pay us back for all of that money we gave him.

mtran
07-08-2010, 09:22 AM
Screw that, I rather get a NBDL 7 ftr.

minus whale bring shawn bradley out of retirement if you want size in the post. at least he can stay healthy.

racingdc9
07-08-2010, 01:09 PM
What about D.Lee. Would he fit in Houston?

ICED@15K
07-08-2010, 02:14 PM

He is signing with the warriors from what I'am reading

mtran
07-08-2010, 07:39 PM

we have luis scola, who i think is a better offensive player. and 20/10 in dantoni system could be a little inflated

Scientific
07-08-2010, 07:47 PM
Its all about making moves to get to the finals. Worry about Miami once you get there. As it is, the Rockets will fall short without a decent back up. We Chandler.

mtran
07-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Its all about making moves to get to the finals. Worry about Miami once you get there. As it is, the Rockets will fall short without a decent back up. We Chandler.

yeah there are rumors about dumping jared jeffries for tyson chandler. i like this deal because chandler has a 12 million dollar expiring contract

ICED@15K
07-09-2010, 06:45 AM
Well looks like that deal might be dead bc reports say beasley (who was suppose to be involved in the 4 team trade) is heading to the wolves for a second round pick and future first round pick.

mtran
07-09-2010, 11:51 AM
minnesota doesnt need any more bigs.

tuanieee
07-09-2010, 04:57 PM
houston summer league game is on NBA TV right now... rockets vs suns

Scientific
07-09-2010, 05:01 PM
houston summer league game is on NBA TV right now... rockets vs suns

I got League Pass on my phone, why the heck cant they show them there?

aznguy83
07-09-2010, 05:55 PM
pat, hill and taylor had a good game today with a double digit win over the suns. the suns shot atleast a dozen air balls lol

Mazda6
07-10-2010, 02:33 PM
The mavs almost traded Erick Dampier for Al Jefferson but they didnt want the log jam in their front court since they just gave Haywood a big contract..

Come on Morey, Throw jefferies and draft picks for Al Jefferson

mtran
07-10-2010, 07:40 PM

to make contracts match i think they need a little more than that. unless they are that far under the cap. i mean they did absorb beaasleys contract for a 2nd rounder lols

PeteSi
07-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Nets want Scola bad. Morey said they'll match whatever they offer. lol. GG D.Morey.

Scientific
07-10-2010, 08:43 PM
What about Mike Lowry? I hope no one goes bananas over him either.

PeteSi
07-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Mike Lowry? Pfft. He doesn't even start. lol.
Morey said resigning Lowry and Scola were the main focus this offseason earlier this year.

Mazda6
07-10-2010, 11:36 PM
i hope there is more than just that.. Yao Ming is not whats going to put us to over the top

speeddemon
07-11-2010, 12:53 AM
Yao Ming is going to join them in Miami too.

JUST KIDDING.

cheap_ass
07-11-2010, 01:26 AM
The mavs almost traded Erick Dampier for Al Jefferson but they didnt want the log jam in their front court since they just gave Haywood a big contract..

why would there be a log jam?

Mazda6
07-11-2010, 01:36 AM
why would there be a log jam?

thats what I read.. I guess they dont want a 9mil, 14 mil or 20 mil dollar player to come off the bench

mtran
07-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Nets want Scola bad. Morey said they'll match whatever they offer. lol. GG D.Morey.

remember, the nets struck out in the free agency, which means they have ton of money to spend. if they were total dicks, they could offer scola something like 5 years/60-70 million and really fuck our salary cap and either a. make us match or b. lose him for beaucoup money

PeteSi
07-11-2010, 08:32 PM
if they offer him that much money, i'd probably be happy for Scola.

knightjustice
07-11-2010, 08:51 PM
dude deserves it. hard worker

Scientific
07-11-2010, 09:29 PM
If the Nets go crazy on Luis, I wouldnt expect the Rockets to match. Thats too damn much for him. He deserves it, but not at our expense.

mtran
07-11-2010, 09:30 PM
if they offer him that much money, i'd probably be happy for Scola.
happy for him AFTER we lose him?
dude deserves it. hard worker
if rudy gay can get 80mil, im sure scola and get close to that.
If the Nets go crazy on Luis, I wouldnt expect the Rockets to match. Thats too damn much for him. He deserves it, but not at our expense.
maybe more playing time for patterson and hill? not really a bad thing in my opinion

PeteSi
07-11-2010, 09:36 PM
happy for him AFTER we lose him?

Sure. He seems like he's always been a stand up guy. And no way Rox could pay him anywhere near that. Its like fans being happy they get to keep Joe Johnson. Sure you like him if you're an ATL fan, but his contract is killing your team.

Mazda6
07-11-2010, 11:24 PM
all the more to go after Al Jefferson.. or Al Harrington?

mtran
07-16-2010, 10:18 AM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/RA1D/salaries10.png
our salary cap situation

PeteSi
07-16-2010, 10:23 AM
bye Jared Jeffries. Problem Solved.

Scientific
07-16-2010, 10:28 AM

Him and Shane unfortunately.

mtran
07-16-2010, 10:34 AM

Him and Shane unfortunately.

shane, jared and david anderson combine for $16.5 million expiring contract. big name free agents for us next year is going to be yao and aaron. looks like our salary cap situation might be the same, with a bulk of that expiring money bringing back yao and aaron

Scientific
07-16-2010, 11:18 AM
shane, jared and david anderson combine for $16.5 million expiring contract. big name free agents for us next year is going to be yao and aaron. looks like our salary cap situation might be the same, with a bulk of that expiring money bringing back yao and aaron

I thought Yao already signed his extension?

PlatES300
07-16-2010, 12:00 PM
I thought Yao already signed his extension?

no he just chose not to opt out of the last year of his contract.

HPorkchopD
07-16-2010, 12:16 PM
Im willing to bet Yao is gone after next season if they have another bad one. i.e. no playoffs.

PeteSi
07-16-2010, 12:53 PM
I doubt it. He just opened up a new restaurant. I think he'll stay where he momma is.

socold57
07-16-2010, 01:32 PM
I doubt it. He just opened up a new restaurant. I think he'll stay where he momma is.

o wrd where is it what is it called?

PeteSi
07-16-2010, 01:39 PM
umm...Yao's Restaurant? lol. Its just another location further down Westheimer.

Ohdubbz
07-16-2010, 01:49 PM
http://nbaplaybook.com/2010/07/16/jordan-hills-post-up-struggles/

Jordan Hill struggling in summer league. Chase has been doing well from what I've read. And Patterson, the jury's still out on him.

ALso any word about Miller? All I've read is that we've met with his agent.

lyttleviet
07-16-2010, 01:51 PM

Jordan Hill struggling in summer league. Chase has been doing well from what I've read. And Patterson, the jury's still out on him.

Who miller? Mike Miller? No chance.

AccordSE
07-16-2010, 02:08 PM
Who miller? Mike Miller? No chance.

he's most likely referring to brad miller

Scientific
07-16-2010, 03:11 PM

They put Hill at the Center position I think, just to check it out. If they're doing at for a big number of his minutes, I can see why he's struggling.

Either way, Hill wasn't thought to be a high bb IQ player. Its only summer league, so it doesnt change what we've seen from him. He difnitley needs to work on his feet though.

cheap_ass
07-16-2010, 03:31 PM
They put Hill at the Center position I think, just to check it out. If they're doing at for a big number of his minutes, I can see why he's struggling.

Either way, Hill wasn't thought to be a high bb IQ player. Its only summer league, so it doesnt change what we've seen from him. He difnitley needs to work on his feet though.

i would be happy if hill had low bball iq, he has none

mtran
07-16-2010, 05:53 PM
i would be happy if hill had low bball iq, he has none

hill didnt start playing organized basketball til late in his teenage years. thats why he is still so raw. bball iq can be learned over time. i just hope he has the discipline and work ethic to learn it over. same with patterson. if both can reach their lottery potential, we can be solidified in the front court for years to come.

khanhdom
07-17-2010, 10:31 AM
insider proposed deal the rockets are working out ariza+hill+jefferies for iggy and jason smith

philly does it since it clears up for turner and holiday to do their thing and have a defensive sf. Jefferies since they want to reduce their salary and hill for the potential

we do it to have a stacked starting lineup o_0

PlatES300
07-17-2010, 10:56 AM
insider proposed deal the rockets are working out ariza+hill+jefferies for iggy and jason smith

philly does it since it clears up for turner and holiday to do their thing and have a defensive sf. Jefferies since they want to reduce their salary and hill for the potential

we already got too much payroll after resigning scola/lowry and I think it's a lateral move at best. I like Iggy and his game, but his contract is way too much and even if we did get him, I'm not sure it puts us over the top. Now if we could land another franchise center that isn't so injury prone, then that's a different story.

Scientific
07-17-2010, 11:15 AM
we already got too much payroll after resigning scola/lowry and I think it's a lateral move at best. I like Iggy and his game, but his contract is way too much and even if we did get him, I'm not sure it puts us over the top. Now if we could land another franchise center that isn't so injury prone, then that's a different story.

I wanted Iggy when we didnt have Martin. Since we have Martin, I just dont see us trading our best defender. No way we trade Ariza at this point, it would have to be Shane.

name me another franchise Center that isnt named Howard? Yao is still the best big man in the league, and only Howard can argue that.

tuanieee
07-17-2010, 11:22 AM
duncan still has some mileage left...

socold57
07-17-2010, 12:10 PM
umm...Yao's Restaurant? lol. Its just another location further down Westheimer.

o so he got two now lol

tuanieee
07-17-2010, 12:25 PM
we got brad miller 3 year $15 mil

2010 Free agents: Brad Miller, Houston Rockets agree on three-year, $15 million contract, sources say - ESPN

insomniac
07-17-2010, 12:36 PM
just saw that!! wooop woop

socold57
07-17-2010, 12:57 PM

if we can get iggy that would be awesome

Scientific
07-17-2010, 01:28 PM
NBA Finals here we come mu fuggahs!

Scientific
07-17-2010, 01:36 PM
Hold up. I'm just now paying attention, its 3 yrs 15 million? Thats pretty steep for an old Brad Miller.

How much over the cap are we now?

PlatES300
07-17-2010, 01:38 PM
Hold up. I'm just now paying attention, its 3 yrs 15 million? Thats pretty steep for an old Brad Miller.

How much over the cap are we now?

only first 2 years are guaranteed. and we are a lot over the cap lol.

cheap_ass
07-17-2010, 01:49 PM
i'm all for the iggy trade now. i never liked ariza and battier doesnt play like he is old. battier has always stepped up for us, while ariza has done nothing but lay bricks. we already got enough scoring with brooks, martin and yao. finally a decent backup center when yao gets hurt. bye hill, jeffries and ariza. jeffries is garage too, overrated defender

Scientific
07-17-2010, 01:53 PM
i'm all for the iggy trade now. i never liked ariza and battier doesnt play like he is old. battier has always stepped up for us, while ariza has done nothing but lay bricks. we already got enough scoring with brooks, martin and yao. finally a decent backup center when yao gets hurt. bye hill, jeffries and ariza. jeffries is garage too, overrated defender

To be fair, Ariza was asked to be the primary scorer last year before we got Martin. Adelman gave him the green light, and stubbornly enough he continued to give it to him. There's no way Ariza is going to be asked to be a scorer this season. Not with Yao back, with Martin, and with AB blossoming into a very great play maker.

There's a reason why real L.A. fans are still kicking themselves for letting Ariza go. He's a very good defender, and as much as I love Shane, he's lost a step. But at least he recognizes his role; set up behind the arc and shoot. Shane is going to be traded by the deadline, I think we all know it. His contract is going to expire and the Rockets will need cap relief.

cheap_ass
07-17-2010, 02:00 PM
yeah ok i admit shane has lost a step but iggy is still a decent defender and can score better than ariza. i think he is more athletic too even though ariza can jump out the gym. iggy's jumpshot is improving too. we drafted patrick patterson and have anderson & hayes so we have enough big men

tenguin
07-17-2010, 02:10 PM
Bout time we get a decent backup for Yao. Omg the rockets can finally beat the lakers. Let's bring mutombo back for the hell of it too!

PeteSi
07-17-2010, 02:50 PM
Damn. Adelman's guys sure are loyal him.

Scientific
07-17-2010, 02:51 PM
Damn. Adelman's guys sure are loyal him.

For 5 millions dollars you wouldn't be?

PeteSi
07-17-2010, 02:56 PM
For 5 millions dollars you wouldn't be?

I don't think that's too bad for him. Rox been wanting him since Adelman showed up here in Houston. Sure he's old, but his game was never very athletic even when he was young lol. At least he isn't getting Moochie Norris money. :rofl:

TLontheDL
07-17-2010, 03:02 PM
NBA Finals bound! lol

ROX/HEAT Finals 2011

socold57
07-17-2010, 03:23 PM
big dreamers in this thread. we need alot more fire power before yall start thinking we in the finals

tenguin
07-17-2010, 03:37 PM
fire power? who has the best shooting pct? shaq, after him is yao.
who goes to the free throw line the most? martin
who had the most three's last year? ab
scola was almost double double last year
ariza will be even better now that he can just play defense more

fuck that, im calling a championship, call me optimistic but you can also call me a fan.

Ohdubbz
07-17-2010, 03:39 PM
we are looking good. The funny thing is this is all predicated on Yao being healthy on his return, and remaining healthy throughout. That is one big fucking IF.

hatchless one
07-17-2010, 03:50 PM
just got off from work, and i got my daily update pertaining to basketball, and i have to say, its looking pretty good.

socold57
07-17-2010, 03:52 PM
trust me im a fan also but i wouldnt say we in the finals lol or can even get pass the lake show in a playoff series

Ohdubbz
07-17-2010, 04:03 PM
given the right match up, i'd at least say we can be western conference contenders

Scientific
07-17-2010, 04:08 PM
trust me im a fan also but i wouldnt say we in the finals lol or can even get pass the lake show in a playoff series

We gave them a hard time last year, we're a much better overall team now. I dont think its that far fetched.

tenguin
07-17-2010, 08:45 PM
ok we were a .500 team with no real center last year. if we have at least more big bodies to help chucky, i think we have a real shot.

Mazda6
07-17-2010, 09:12 PM
package Ariza/Brooks and (NY and ours)draft picks for Chris Paul or Danny Granger (both rumor to be on the trading block).. then I will drink the Kool-Aid the other members are..

Paul/Martin/Ariza/Scola/Yao

Brooks/Martin/Granger/Scola/Yao

Looks good on paper

chevyman85
07-17-2010, 11:55 PM
Maybe we're still not a championship team. But id be damned if anybody says we are a "lottery" team next season. Brad Miller isn't great, but he brings toughness, character, and heart to this team. Shoot, wasn't he a contestant on hell's kitchen and lasted 7 out of 10 episodes? Busted his chin durin his last ever college game, but kept playin for the boilermakers in a sweet 16 game, to a losing effort? Folks, ring or no ring, he will bring the fire to the fight. Teams may struggle playing us in the middle, you have Yao, then Miller backing him up. And Hayes as an option

Mazda6
07-18-2010, 01:13 AM
With the shift of talent from West to East.. trying not to be a homer but I have Rockets possibly 2nd or 3rd

1. Lakers
2. Mavs (probably 2nd most talented team, last year was a bad showing in the playoffs.)
3. Rockets (Full year with Yao, Martin and Miller playing C)
4. Nuggets (Defense proves 2 years in a row, if they dont play it, they wont be the best)
5. Spurs (last year showed how age was catching up to them with the constant injuries)
6. Thunder (Young but very talented)
7. Trailblazers (Havent gone over the hump last 2 years)
8. Jazz (lost of Boozer, Matthews, and Brewer has to put a dent, Jefferson does make them better)

Hornets are in big problems with ownership. Team is fallling apart.
Phoenix lost Amare and gain Warrick and Josh Childress.
Other teams that didnt make it last year I still dont see a threat.

Ohdubbz
07-18-2010, 02:40 AM
With the shift of talent from West to East.. trying not to be a homer but I have Rockets possibly 2nd or 3rd

1. Lakers
2. Mavs (probably 2nd most talented team, last year was a bad showing in the playoffs.)
4. Nuggets (Defense proves 2 years in a row, if they dont play it, they wont be the best)
5. Spurs (last year showed how age was catching up to them with the constant injuries)
8. Jazz (lost of Boozer, Matthews, and Brewer has to put a dent, Jefferson does make them better)

I think passed 1-2(lakers mavs) its a toss up. If Rockets(i.e. Yao) are healthy yea we could be top 4. Nuggets don't have Camby have no defensive anchor probably will slip. Spurs'll probably slip despite adding Tiago Splitter, Thunder I think are only going to get better. Trailblazers will have gotten stronger defensively with Brewer/Camby and maybe Oden makes an actual comeback. Jazz I don't know, because Milsap was beasting before Boozer came back. If they can still pick and roll they can hurt. Nonetheless they can go suck mormon dick. No offense to mormons.

Mazda6
07-18-2010, 12:04 PM
Yea I just tried to make a top 8 on the top of my head... With Miller, the Rockets gave great..I mean great depth.. They only thing that keeps them from being Championship contender is their 8/9 man rotation talent. A brooks for chris paul or Ariza for Granger (draft picks too) I think can put us on the top..

PeteSi
07-18-2010, 12:07 PM
The team is gonna change ALOT when they start cutting down to get under the luxury tax.

socold57
07-18-2010, 07:06 PM
i hope we can get iggy and hopefully yao can play a entire season .

Scientific
07-18-2010, 08:31 PM
whats iggy slary situation? because unless we're trading for a genuine super star like Paul, I dont think Morey is going to keep us over the cap.

heijuan99
07-18-2010, 08:42 PM
we should give more chance to patterson

ThaJokaa
07-18-2010, 08:46 PM
hopefully yao can play a entire season .
this

Mazda6
07-18-2010, 11:48 PM
we should give more chance to patterson

yea lets depend our season on a rookie

ICED@15K
07-19-2010, 05:48 AM
whats iggy slary situation? because unless we're trading for a genuine super star like Paul, I dont think Morey is going to keep us over the cap.

August 12, 2008 Andre Iguodala reportedly agreed to a six-year, $80 million contract. He officially signed on August 17, 2008. The contract has $5 million in bonuses and a player option for the sixth year.

He's making 12,200,000 this year.

Ohdubbz
07-19-2010, 06:26 AM
He's making 12,200,000 this year.

he's due close to 16 mill, next year. Acquiring anybody is going to kill any cap flexibility we might have next summer, and put us in the luxury for a couple seasons at least. Of course luxury tax doesn't matter unless your name is Les. And I guess if we're going all in, we're going all in.

Mr.TxHustla
07-19-2010, 09:36 AM
dont kid yaselves...Brad Miller is trash...

Happy
07-19-2010, 09:52 AM

1. Lakers

I think if you swap the Thunder with the Rockets in your list it makes more sense.

Nega-Patio
07-19-2010, 02:43 PM
dont kid yaselves...Brad Miller is trash...

he always showed up in the post season, I wouldnt knock him

Scientific
07-19-2010, 03:53 PM

I think I know why he hates Brad Miller, seem to remember an incident between the two.

K9KXtrOwfSM

ICED@15K
07-20-2010, 06:26 AM
^I can't find a decent video of that "shaq vs miller" scuffle, but as I recall reading in another angle you can see the other guy defending shaq is the one who really hit him and shaq thought it was miller at the time.

Nega-Patio
07-20-2010, 07:40 AM
^I can't find a decent video of that "shaq vs miller" scuffle, but as I recall reading in another angle you can see the other guy defending shaq is the one who really hit him and shaq thought it was miller at the time.

Ron Artest? lol

PeteSi
07-20-2010, 09:04 AM
Brad Miller hit him pretty hard on a previous play so Shaq was mad already. And if I had to chose, I'd pick a fight against Brad way before I'd pick one on Ron Ron. lol

YouTube- Shaq Vs. Miller
shitty quality is shitty, but you can see what happens.

ICED@15K
07-20-2010, 09:25 AM
^Yeah I already saw that one earlier. There's another one that's a lot clearer and the other guy guarding Shaq was Charles Oakley who is the one who really hit Shaq, not miller. Shaq obviously went after Miller bc of the earlier incident.

Mr.TxHustla
07-20-2010, 09:34 AM

oh u mean like this past one with the bulls..where he missed 4 ft's and lost a rebound to lose the game..LOL he's a scrub..waste of money.

^Yeah I already saw that one earlier. There's another one that's a lot clearer and the other guy guarding Shaq was Charles Oakley who is the one who really hit Shaq, not miller. Shaq obviously went after Miller bc of the earlier incident.

Yeah i was watching that game..they (miller,Oakley) were hacking the fuck outta him that game..hard fouls anytime he got in the paint..nga Shaq fought back...i wouldve too shit...but man had he connected with that punch..LOL

Nega-Patio
07-20-2010, 12:22 PM
shaq punches like a girl

I heard he has a vagina

hatchless one
07-20-2010, 01:06 PM
shaq punches like a girl

I heard he has a vagina

tell him in person next time he comes to play in houston. :thumb:

Nega-Patio
07-20-2010, 01:50 PM
I'll tell it straight to his tits

Mr.TxHustla
07-20-2010, 02:06 PM

:rofl:

speeddemon
07-20-2010, 06:36 PM

I hope you make it up to his tits.. cause if youre only at his waist... he may have something to say back. :hsugh:

ICED@15K
07-20-2010, 06:57 PM
Hakeem, Kenny, and Rick Fox are taking on McNabb, TO, and Gates in Pros vs Joes. It airs tomorrow night (Wednesday the 21st) at 9pm CST on Spike.

Nega-Patio
07-21-2010, 07:12 AM
I hope you make it up to his tits.. cause if youre only at his waist... he may have something to say back. :hsugh:

He's got what like a foot and an inch on me? I think I'd be at tittay level.

PeteSi
07-21-2010, 02:33 PM
Yao keeps it real.
Yao is back in Shanghai and a reporter asked him if reports claiming he can now change diapers with one hand is true. Yao replied, "Not only can I do it with one hand, I can also do it with one foot, even in the dark." Seeing the incredulous face, he continued, "it's simple. Just wake your wife up with your foot."

ICED@15K
07-21-2010, 02:35 PM
^spoken like a true G.

Scientific
07-21-2010, 04:45 PM
Was his baby born here or in China?

PeteSi
07-21-2010, 04:50 PM
Born in US

Scientific
07-21-2010, 05:09 PM
Born in US

Why cant you just grow up Pete.

PeteSi
07-21-2010, 05:11 PM
Why cant you just grow up Pete.

I'm not a girl. :stare:

Scientific
07-21-2010, 05:11 PM
lol.

arkive43
07-21-2010, 06:26 PM

Scientific
07-21-2010, 08:39 PM
Man Dream is pissed.

aznguy83
07-21-2010, 08:41 PM
what is going on with the pros lol

Nega-Patio
07-22-2010, 08:11 AM
Man Dream is pissed.

:confused:

Ohhh on Pros vs Joes?

lyttleviet
07-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Anyone got a link?

inwood
07-22-2010, 06:23 PM
Anyone got a link?

SpikeTV.com

PeteSi
07-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Olajuwon and TO taking it so seriously lol

TLontheDL
07-22-2010, 06:41 PM
I swear, the media tend to blow things out of proportion. The title of this article is misleading.. I believe Yao is just trying to let the fans, Houston/NBA, know that he will PROBABLY not be at his full potential prior to his injury. I'm sure he will give it is all, 100% whether he is pain free or not. GO ROX!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Yao-Ming-is-unsure-about-Yao-Ming?urn=nba-257592&cp=2#comments

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nba_experts__58/ept_sports_nba_experts-983604877-1279814909.jpg?ym.DgfDD1ObCv04_

It's not an overstatement to say that Yao Ming(notes) changes the complexion of the NBA. Hyper-skilled, 7-foot-6 centers with flat-tops seem to have that effect. The Rockets are an average team without their centerpiece, but with him healthy — no easy thing, admittedly — they are a team that can contend in the Western Conference. So after a season of the Rockets playing 21 different guys, none of which were even 7-feet tall, the Houston faithful are pretty excited to be getting Yao back.

However, to hear it from Yao, those fans shouldn't be expecting much. He's coming off a foot injury, and those are usually a bother for giants. In fact, he's saying that no one should expect much from him this coming season. From Reuters:

"Talk about recovering my form is nothing but nonsense and will only be realized if I can get through the next season smoothly," he said in an interview in Thursday's China Daily.

"Then, you will see results after that season."

Yao, who exercised the player option in his contract with the Rockets last month to avoid free agency, said he was unsure what kind of contribution he would be able to make to the team's bid to win the NBA title next season.

"I have no idea if I can return the peak of my form," he added. "I have not been tested. I have not played competitive basketball since the injury even in training. I cannot answer if I will return to my best."

Honesty is the best policy, but sometimes it is also the policy that brings the most frowns. And while Houston fans are probably having some serious upside-down smiles right now, the biggest sadness is that of Yao. He seems seriously bummed about having to return from injury.

"I know I will retire one day. My career will end sooner or later. Even if I can play until I am 36, I have to accept that fact," said Yao, who will turn 30 in September.

"The only problem is that 30 is the golden time for an athlete, but for me it's sudden death and I find it hard to accept that."

So yeah, even though he's really good and really, really, really tall, maybe we should temper our expectations for Yao this year. Between having to deal with a foot that he's not sure will hold up and confidence that is clearly shaken, this might not be the Yao Ming we're used to. On the bright side, Yao struggling to come back means that much more Brad Miller(notes). There's always a silver lining, folks.

mtran
07-22-2010, 10:53 PM
to be COMPLETE honest, if yao had to sit out oct, nov, dec to ensure hes here for the playoffs, im all for it. right now, we have enough depth to get by the first couple of months without him so he can properly work himself back from rehab and into game shape. sure we might lose 4-5 extra games we shoulda won with yao, but i feel if we can roll into the playoffs healthy, no matter what seed besides the 8th and seeing the lakers the first round, i think we can beat anyone.

miller/hill/andersen
scola/hayes/patterson
ariza/battier/budinger/jeffries
martin/taylor
brooks/lowry

lets hope no one in the backcourt gets hurt or has to miss significant time because otherwise, wed be paper thin in the backcourt at the pg/sg positions.

tenguin
07-23-2010, 01:21 AM
man, they jacked up hakeem on pros. i say if yao cant come back yet, lets sign hakeem. lolz, he still had some moves man.

ICED@15K
07-27-2010, 09:40 AM
Wow...

Yao says he may quit if foot doesn’t fully heal

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AqJnDvPYzXO7O43_5sT.N8W8vLYF?slug=ap-yaofuture

BEIJING (AP)—Houston Rockets center Yao Ming(notes) is considering quitting basketball after next season if he doesn’t fully recover from his lingering foot injury.

In comments to Chinese state media Monday, Yao sounded far from optimistic about his future and also made a rare criticism of China’s national basketball program.

“If the foot injury does not heal next season, I might choose to call it quits,” he said.

Yao turns 30 in September and missed last season following foot surgery. He is set to return to the Rockets after deciding not to opt out of the final year of his contract. Though he has said his recovery was going well, the Rockets have signed 7-foot veteran Brad Miller(notes) to share the work at center.

Yao, who was in China for charity events and remains wildly popular in his country, all but ruled out playing in the 2012 London Olympics.

“The chance is very small,” the 7-6 center was quoted as saying by the official Xinhua News Agency. “The foot injury will not allow me to play so many games anymore. Like I said before, I will quit the national team and the sport one day. It’s what happens to every athlete.”

Without Yao, the national team has played lackluster ball, including an embarrassing home loss to Iran in the final of the Asian Championship last year. Yao attributed the poor showings to China’s focus on the 2008 Beijing Olympics and neglect of development teams and the country’s professional league.

“We are paying for what we didn’t do leading up to 2008. We skipped the development of a reserve team and the CBA league and focused only on the national team and the Olympics. It’s like you are killing the goose that lays the golden egg,” he said. “I’m 30. As an athlete, I am not the future of China basketball anymore.”

knightjustice
07-27-2010, 09:46 AM
:(

best of luck to him.

PeteSi
07-27-2010, 09:46 AM
damn. But it shouldn't be surprising to anyone.

Nega-Patio
07-28-2010, 07:46 AM
“The chance is very small,” the 7-6 center was quoted as saying by the official Xinhua News Agency. “The foot injury will not allow me to play so many games anymore. Like I said before, I will quit the national team and the sport one day. It’s what happens to every athlete.”man people blow this up and take it out of context

Mr.TxHustla
07-28-2010, 08:16 AM
now all that trash talking about Shaq and his toe comes back to haunt u homos! lol

fuck! now that im a rockets fan!!

Nega-Patio
07-28-2010, 08:32 AM
it's a worse case scenario, it'll never happen

mean while shaqs washed up seeing what team he can ride to a ring

ICED@15K
07-28-2010, 02:50 PM
David Anderson traded to the Raptors for a future second round pick lol

knightjustice
07-28-2010, 02:56 PM
linkie

ICED@15K
07-28-2010, 02:58 PM
http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=190782&page=1&pp=20

Bloodwings19
07-28-2010, 05:10 PM
It is Yao, or never.

Drift Gangsta
07-29-2010, 09:48 AM
ralph sampson 2.0

ICED@15K
07-29-2010, 01:18 PM
God this is too funny (the fake convo at the bottom)

http://raptorsrepublic.com/2010/07/28/raptors-get-david-anderson-from-houston-for-2nd-rounder/

RR has acquired the transcript of the telephone call between Colangelo and Morey:

BC calls Morey **ring ring**

Morey: Hello?

BC: It’s Bryan from Toronto, how did the Chris Bosh wooing work out?

Morey: **** him. What you been upto?

BC: Nothing, just inquiring about Andersen.

Morey: Who?

BC: David Andersen?

Morey: Don’t know him.

BC: He’s on your team, David Andersen, the Aussie guy?

Morey: Oooohhh, Daaaavid Anderson…yeah, yeah…he’s really good..Andersen, yeah..you want him?

BC: Yeah, what do you want for him?

Morey: DeMar Derozan.

BC: Let me think about it, can you hang on?

Morey: Yeah **chuckles, can’t believe this is happening**

BC: (talking to Steve Fruitman – barely audible)

BC: (back on the phone with Morey now) Aaah!!! You sneaky bastard! You almost had me, lucky I had Steve hanging around.

Morey: Just thought I’d try it, you know, what with your reputation and all…haha..you understand, right?

BC: Yeah, yeah…whateva…seriously what do you want for him?

Morey: Nothing, you can have him.

BC: (can’t believe his luck) Really?

Morey: Yeah, take him, I don’t even know what he looks like.

BC: OK, OK, but I feel bad, please take a second-round pick at least, it’ll make me feel better?

Morey: Whatever…lates.

hatchless one
07-29-2010, 03:12 PM
^lol

Nega-Patio
07-29-2010, 03:40 PM
We didnt even get any sporting equipment or anythng (http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/24798047/)

97civicboy
07-30-2010, 09:08 AM
T-Mac back to Houston.is this true?

PeteSi
07-30-2010, 09:10 AM

lol. C'mon son.

pizzaguy
07-30-2010, 09:45 AM

lol. C'mon son.
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0912/cmon-son-c-mon-son-ed-lover-demotivational-poster-1260974460.jpg

Drift Gangsta
07-30-2010, 09:53 AM
t for 3

ICED@15K
08-02-2010, 06:14 AM

Ohdubbz
08-05-2010, 02:14 AM
g4FcNGovnqo

Yao, shooting around, no boot. Go to 3:30ish to get past the other stuff. Just hope he comes back strong.

ICED@15K
08-05-2010, 05:54 AM
Looking decent with his shooting. I like.

TheSnowMan
08-05-2010, 08:19 AM
Celtics vs Heat
Rockets vs Lakers

for season opener, Oct. 26th

Should be a goodnight for basketball

speeddemon
08-05-2010, 09:45 AM
Celtics vs Heat
Rockets vs Lakers

They wanna milk us for money (national television) right from the start in case we get injured towards the end again lol

Black Panda
08-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Looks like we have one of the deepest benches in the NBA. Hoping for Yao to have a strong comeback and no more injuries! Championship, please! XD

Mazda6
08-05-2010, 10:23 PM
Looks like we have one of the deepest benches in the NBA. Hoping for Yao to have a strong comeback and no more injuries! Championship, please! XD

Deep depth yes! But top talent...eh I'm not crazy yet.. I see brooks ariza and scola as average at their position while martin and Yao are top tier.. Thats why i would love to see paul or granger over here...

This is the make or break season for the Rockets too.. if they fail, Yao will probably be let go and we rebuild with the draft picks. Buddinger is a top bench player but i dont think starter material, Hill is probably the same or average starter, sames goes for Lowry and Taylor.

Scientific
08-05-2010, 10:42 PM
Deep depth yes! But top talent...eh I'm not crazy yet.. I see brooks ariza and scola as average at their position while martin and Yao are top tier.. Thats why i would love to see paul or granger over here...

This is the make or break season for the Rockets too.. if they fail, Yao will probably be let go and we rebuild with the draft picks. Buddinger is a top bench player but i dont think starter material, Hill is probably the same or average starter, sames goes for Lowry and Taylor.

We dont let Yao go. He brings in dollars. He's still a top 3 center in the league, and while a lot of people think we may not have enough to make a title run, the 04 Pistons are a prime example of what a deep young prime team can do.

PeteSi
08-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Rockets fans are optimistic this year for some reason.

Mazda6
08-05-2010, 11:04 PM
We dont let Yao go. He brings in dollars. He's still a top 3 center in the league, and while a lot of people think we may not have enough to make a title run, the 04 Pistons are a prime example of what a deep young prime team can do.

Thats before the league became the super friends league with the Lakers, Celtics and Heat

PeteSi
08-05-2010, 11:06 PM
Thats before the league became the super friends league with the Lakers, Celtics and Heat

Not sure about that. The year the Pistons won, everyone just expected that HOF Lakers team to dominate. League probably would have got more money with a Lakers victory back then.

tenguin
08-05-2010, 11:09 PM
the league would make a ton more money if the rockets win with yao.

we are optimistic because this is the year damn it. ROCKETS 2010-11 BABY!

Drift Gangsta
08-05-2010, 11:10 PM
i think ariza is going to have a good year.

PeteSi
08-05-2010, 11:11 PM
i think ariza is going to have a good year.

c'mon son.

Drift Gangsta
08-05-2010, 11:17 PM
i r srs.

tenguin
08-05-2010, 11:19 PM
well now that his role is reduced to mostly defense, i think he will play better. he was playing better when k.mart started to get his offense on. if he only has to concentrate on defense his game is much better.

Black Panda
08-06-2010, 12:26 AM

Well, you know Morey. Always looking for bargain players, almost never for top talent (Artest not really top talent, Martin maybe). Brooks isn't average, he's a pretty darn good player. Maybe an all-star this year. Scola just brings it every night. I see Ariza as average yeah.. I want to see Paul or Granger over here too. Maybe Morey can strike a deal with the Hornets near the trade deadline.

Yep. Just hoping the Rockets don't fail. :/ Miller, Budinger, Battier, Lowry, Hill, Jeffries & Hayes are good/solid bench players. Unproven so far are Taylor, Patterson. Where will Adelman find time for all these players? I know Yao will be limited, but still. Not enough minutes to go around.

hatchless one
08-06-2010, 08:22 PM
^kinda hard for brooks to be an all star at the point with cp3 and williams in the west....

Scientific
08-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Add Tony Parker and Nash.

Mazda6
08-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Well, you know Morey. Always looking for bargain players, almost never for top talent (Artest not really top talent, Martin maybe). Brooks isn't average, he's a pretty darn good player. Maybe an all-star this year. Scola just brings it every night. I see Ariza as average yeah.. I want to see Paul or Granger over here too. Maybe Morey can strike a deal with the Hornets near the trade deadline.

Yep. Just hoping the Rockets don't fail. :/ Miller, Budinger, Battier, Lowry, Hill, Jeffries & Hayes are good/solid bench players. Unproven so far are Taylor, Patterson. Where will Adelman find time for all these players? I know Yao will be limited, but still. Not enough minutes to go around.

So would you take Brooks over Nash, Deron Williams, Billups, Kidd, Paul, Westbrook, Evans.

As much as Yao will help on defense.. we are still very deficient on defense with brooks martin and Scola.. they are well below defensive players

Ariza and Martin will put up good offensive numbers if we get the Yao of old. Ariza will get better looks and wont have the ball in his hand to create like last year before martin came in. Martin and Brooks will take the pressure off.

I want to believe but I think we are one big move away from being true contenders.. and I really want the draft picks traded cause if we keep them.. it probably means we are rebuilding after this year

Black Panda
08-06-2010, 10:35 PM
So would you take Brooks over Nash, Deron Williams, Billups, Kidd, Paul, Westbrook, Evans.

As much as Yao will help on defense.. we are still very deficient on defense with brooks martin and Scola.. they are well below defensive players

Ariza and Martin will put up good offensive numbers if we get the Yao of old. Ariza will get better looks and wont have the ball in his hand to create like last year before martin came in. Martin and Brooks will take the pressure off.

I want to believe but I think we are one big move away from being true contenders.. and I really want the draft picks traded cause if we keep them.. it probably means we are rebuilding after this year

If keeps improving like he has, then I'd take him over Nash, Billups, Kidd, Evans, & Westbrook. Paul and D-Will are truly great point guards. Nash, Billups, & Kidd are still good, but they're getting pretty old. Evans is a ballhog and not really a PG, while Westbrook is on track like Brooks...

We don't necessarily have to rebuild since we do have a pretty young team aside from Battier, Yao, & Miller. Just need to pick some good players, which Morey is pretty good at.

Ohdubbz
08-06-2010, 10:45 PM
If keeps improving like he has, then I'd take him over Nash, Billups, Kidd, Evans, & Westbrook. Paul and D-Will are truly great point guards. Nash, Billups, & Kidd are still good, but they're getting pretty old. Evans is a ballhog and not really a PG, while Westbrook is on track like Brooks...

We don't necessarily have to rebuild since we do have a pretty young team aside from Battier, Yao, & Miller. Just need to pick some good players, which Morey is pretty good at.

Morey is good, but so far he's shown us he's good at landing/creating underrated or disregarded prospects and squeezing them for what they're worth on the court. I don't think he's shown he can make that one big move that will make us a contender, maybe because there haven't been too many opportunities, but he is still unproven on this front.

Mazda6
08-06-2010, 11:05 PM
Morey is good, but so far he's shown us he's good at landing/creating underrated or disregarded prospects and squeezing them for what they're worth on the court. I don't think he's shown he can make that one big move that will make us a contender, maybe because there haven't been too many opportunities, but he is still unproven on this front.

its like the Texans... Rick Smith has found the talent..but like Morey, has yet to make his team a true contender

2008FX2
08-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Taken from ESPN Insider Article Future Power Rankings By Chad Ford and John Hollinger

Top 5
1. Miami Heat
2. L.A. Lakers
3. Oklahoma City Thunder
4. Chicago Bulls
5. Houston Rockets

5. Houston Rockets | Future Power Rating: 605

PLAYERS MANAGEMENT MONEY MARKET DRAFT
214 (10th) 157 (6th) 96 (16th) 60 (11th) 78 (6th)

Houston has a lot of assets thanks to a trade-deadline fleecing of the Knicks that could give the team high draft picks in 2011 and 2012. But the Rockets rank in the top five in our rankings because the cast already on hand looks strong.

Yao Ming's health is obviously a concern, but Aaron Brooks, Kevin Martin, Kyle Lowry, Trevor Ariza, Shane Battier, Chase Budinger, Luis Scola, Jordan Hill and Patrick Patterson give Houston a nice foundation. If Yao comes back reasonably healthy (the odds of which we disagreed about), the Rockets could be very good indeed.

Additionally, the Rockets rate fairly well in the money category despite being well into the luxury tax. Most of the contracts on the books are short, and ownership has shown a willingness to spend money, both with contracts and when paying for draft picks. Houston has shown strong management, as well, mixing GM Daryl Morey's analytics focus with solid scouting, as evidenced by a string of successful drafts.

(Previous rank: 10)

*Link to article if you have ESPN Insider: http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/news/story?page=FuturePowerRankings-1-100805&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fpage%3dFuturePowerRank ings-1-100805

Sounds good! :fistpump:

mtran
08-08-2010, 07:14 AM

cp3
dwill
nash
parker

are clearly better in the west

westbrook and evans, the jury is still out on. im not sold on kidd anymore. i dont think he falls in the elite pg category anymore. neither is billups.

ALLIN
08-08-2010, 12:16 PM
I would definitely pick brooks over kidd any day of the week.

B18C1EG
08-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Celtics vs Heat
Rockets vs Lakers

Preview of the Western and Eastern conference finals match ups.

Drift Gangsta
08-09-2010, 01:10 PM
lil b shoutout to yao ming

"my dick big like yao ming"

H_60vmiiaHY

PeteSi
08-09-2010, 01:13 PM

ICED@15K
08-09-2010, 01:19 PM
lol wtf

Nega-Patio
08-09-2010, 01:36 PM
what the hell is going on

Scientific
08-09-2010, 08:18 PM

jungular10
08-09-2010, 09:00 PM
The Rockets still need a "go-to-guy". As of right now, they don't have that. Yao Ming will never be 100% healthy and while Brooks, Ariza, and Martin are above average players, they can't carry a team. I still think they need one more piece to truly be a championship contender.

Mazda6
08-09-2010, 09:43 PM
The Rockets still need a "go-to-guy". As of right now, they don't have that. Yao Ming will never be 100% healthy and while Brooks, Ariza, and Martin are above average players, they can't carry a team. I still think they need one more piece to truly be a championship contender.

Im probably the biggest Kevin Martin fan.. I think he can be that Go to Guy... He's got range.. when we need a play to win the game.. he can drive and hit his FT's or pop the 3 and he can create..

Scientific
08-09-2010, 10:45 PM

Kevin Martin is a legit all-star, a superb scorer, AB0 can score when he turns on the switch and gives almost every PG in the league problems. I wouldn't say they're just "above avg players".

Yes it depends on Yao, we all know that, that's just beating a dead horse. The team has chemistry, and a deep bench. We dont need Yao healthy the entire season, he will be huge in the playoffs, that's when it matters. Playoffs, that's all I care about when it comes to Yao.

PeteSi
08-09-2010, 11:19 PM
Yao should kick the Lakers during the ring ceremony, get suspended for 30 games, and be nice a fresh for the next 50. woot!

Houstone713
08-09-2010, 11:46 PM
lol

jungular10
08-10-2010, 12:30 AM
Kevin Martin is a legit all-star, a superb scorer, AB0 can score when he turns on the switch and gives almost every PG in the league problems. I wouldn't say they're just "above avg players".

I agree that Martin is a great scorer and I actually think Brooks is one of the better point guards in the league (I should've edited "above average"), but we still need someone that can takeover a game on any given night (Kobe, LeBron, Durant, Wade, etc.). In the last 20 years, look at the teams that have won an NBA title; Detroit, Chicago, Clutch City, San Antonio, LA, Miami, and Boston. There's a common theme. Each of those teams had at least one Hall of Fame player. Until we have a player of that caliber or someone close to it, I don't think we'll win another championship.

Yes it depends on Yao, we all know that, that's just beating a dead horse. The team has chemistry, and a deep bench. We dont need Yao healthy the entire season, he will be huge in the playoffs, that's when it matters. Playoffs, that's all I care about when it comes to Yao.

We do have good chemistry but don't you think it will suffer if Yao is in and out of the lineup? I do. The playoffs only matter if you get there. Without him and with all the other great teams in the West, our chances of making the playoffs would be very slim.

jungular10
08-10-2010, 12:52 AM
I just re-read what I wrote. I sound like Debbie Downer.

http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad142/Bartholomew_Hunt/Debbie_Downer.jpg

GO ROCKETS!!! :lol:

ICED@15K
08-10-2010, 05:42 AM
Im probably the biggest Kevin Martin fan.. I think he can be that Go to Guy... He's got range.. when we need a play to win the game.. he can drive and hit his FT's or pop the 3 and he can create..
Wrd to all of that. KM can drop 20+ a game most nights and is one of those guys who can get a bucket when needed.

mtran
08-10-2010, 09:03 AM
In the last 20 years, look at the teams that have won an NBA title; Detroit, Chicago, Clutch City, San Antonio, LA, Miami, and Boston. There's a common theme. Each of those teams had at least one Hall of Fame player. Until we have a player of that caliber or someone close to it, I don't think we'll win another championship.

04 pistons had billups, rip, tay, sheed and ben, none of which will probably be a first ballot HOFer.

mtran
08-10-2010, 09:06 AM
Im probably the biggest Kevin Martin fan.. I think he can be that Go to Guy.

kevin martin cant be a go to guy. i think hes a guy who gets his 20+ points within the flow of an offense. hes not a "break you down 1 on 1" type of player that were use to having (tmac). he gets his points from coming off screens and backcuts and movement ala rip.

aaron brooks would be our go to guy in the clutch because we can trust his shooting ability and hope that he would make the right basketball play. aaron can take his man off the dribble for a drive and dish, or just pull up from 25ft in and wet the jumper. with the exception of brooks, lowry, everyone on our team needs to be fed the ball. we dont have a creator on offense except our pg.

Drift Gangsta
08-10-2010, 09:08 AM
on paper we should be able to score better than the 04 pistons could as well lolz

if nobody gets injured *knock on wood*

mtran
08-10-2010, 09:12 AM
*knock on wood*

no petesi aka no homo?

Drift Gangsta
08-10-2010, 09:14 AM
knock on wood

not splinter

mtran
08-10-2010, 09:21 AM
knock on wood

not splinter

dont hate on master splinter

jungular10
08-10-2010, 01:45 PM
04 pistons had billups, rip, tay, sheed and ben, none of which will probably be a first ballot HOFer.

I was referring to the '90 Pistons who had Isiah Thomas and Joe Dumars, both of whom were in their prime. I forgot about the '04 Pistons, but you're right, no one from that team will be a first ballot Hall-of-Famer, except for Darko Milicic who averaged a staggering 1.9 PPG and was the leader on that team.

mtran
08-10-2010, 02:29 PM
I was referring to the '90 Pistons who had Isiah Thomas and Joe Dumars, both of whom were in their prime. I forgot about the '04 Pistons, but you're right, no one from that team will be a first ballot Hall-of-Famer, except for Darko Milicic who averaged a staggering 1.9 PPG and was the leader on that team.

im just pointing out that the 04 pistons didnt have a clear cut superstar/franchise player like a wade, kobe, durant, etc. but they got it done. i think if we were to go deep in the playoffs/win a chip, we would base our success off the balance of the starting lineup moreso than relying on 1-2 players carrying the load. think of it as the 04 pistons or the 02-03 kings.

Drift Gangsta
08-10-2010, 02:37 PM
http://www.indmix.biz/album10/080710a/thumbs/IMG_5595.jpg

patrick patterson partying

ICED@15K
08-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Triple P

ICED@15K
08-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Rockets schedule released. Only 3 espn/tnt games and one of them is against charlotte. What a joke

http://www.nba.com/media/rockets/201011Schedule.pdf

hatchless one
08-10-2010, 03:29 PM
^^^depending on how our season goes we may get more national coverage, last year we didnt have any on our schedule, but somehow our home game against the celtics was on espn.

jungular10
08-10-2010, 03:42 PM
Rockets schedule released. Only 3 espn/tnt games and one of them is against charlotte. What a joke

http://www.nba.com/media/rockets/201011Schedule.pdf

It seems like they do that to us every year. Somehow the LeBron-less Cavs will have 5 or more and the Heat will get 60.

Mazda6
08-10-2010, 03:49 PM
kevin martin cant be a go to guy. i think hes a guy who gets his 20+ points within the flow of an offense. hes not a "break you down 1 on 1" type of player that were use to having (tmac). he gets his points from coming off screens and backcuts and movement ala rip.

aaron brooks would be our go to guy in the clutch because we can trust his shooting ability and hope that he would make the right basketball play. aaron can take his man off the dribble for a drive and dish, or just pull up from 25ft in and wet the jumper. with the exception of brooks, lowry, everyone on our team needs to be fed the ball. we dont have a creator on offense except our pg.

Martin can put his head down, drives and get to the FT line.. he averages 8-9 ft a game.. he can create

speeddemon
08-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Daryl Morey was on 610 radio a little while ago today.

ICED@15K
08-11-2010, 11:47 AM
Ariza getting traded, seems that way at least.

Four NBA teams are on the verge of a five-player trade that will send Trevor Ariza to the New Orleans Hornets and Darren Collison to the Indiana Pacers, two league sources said.

In the proposed deal, the Houston Rockets will send Ariza to the Hornets, who in turn will send Collison and James Posey to the Pacers.

The Pacers will send Troy Murphy to the New Jersey Nets. And the Nets will send Courtney Lee to the Rockets.

According to the sources the Rockets, Hornets, Pacers and Nets are in advanced discussions on the deal and the principals involved are set. The teams were ironing out details, including Posey's trade kicker and possible cash payments.

The deal, if completed, could fulfill some long-term needs for the Hornets, Pacers and Nets, as well as provide needed salary relief for the Rockets.

For the Hornets, while moving Collison leaves the team without a credible backup for Chris Paul, the addition of Ariza gives them a young, athletic wing entering his prime.

The Hornets are hoping that the addition of Ariza quiets the complaints address Paul's concerns about the team's commitment winning by showing that they're willing to spend money to get better. Ariza signed a six year, $35 million dollar deal with the Rockets last summer.

For the Pacers, landing Collison gives them the young starting point guard they've been looking for and adds another piece to a young core of players including Danny Granger, Roy Hibbert and promising rookies Paul George and Lance Stephenson.

The Pacers did take on the last two years and $13 million of Posey's contract, but the deal also sliced another $4 million off the team's overall payroll.

In Murphy, the Nets get the veteran big man that new coach Avery Johnson has been coveting. Murphy is also on the last year of his contract, which could make him an important trading chip for the Nets at the 2011 trade deadline.

For the Rockets, aside from acquiring Lee, the move is largely a salary dump. This summer the Rockets spent a lot of cash signing Luis Scola, Kyle Lowry and Brad Miller to free agent contracts and their payroll ballooned to $81 million. Before the trade, the team was bracing for a $10 million-plus luxury tax hit. The deal would save them $28 million on the life of the contracts and $10 million this season, including luxury tax considerations

Chad Ford covers the NBA and NBA Draft for ESPN Insider

ICED@15K
08-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Small mix of Lee. He led NJ last year in steals, 3pt's, and ft%, but then again it's the nets.

hBe8uzI6wg8

AccordSE
08-11-2010, 12:05 PM
lee is niceeeeeeeeeee

Drift Gangsta
08-11-2010, 12:07 PM
wtf we dont need a sg

o well he dunked on lebron so thats nice

edit* i see. must be a salary dump

ICED@15K
08-11-2010, 12:19 PM
^yup salary dump which I'm cool with bc it really helps us. I like c.lee and as a back up to km oooooo weeee

Drift Gangsta
08-11-2010, 12:26 PM
and here i thought morey was so high on ariza.

guess not lol.

ICED@15K
08-11-2010, 12:35 PM
Wrd. One season and you're gone lol.

tenguin
08-11-2010, 12:41 PM
That's something I never saw coming. So battier is starting at the three and budinger is backing him up? Man, looks like our bench is going to score a lot but have no defense at all. Oh wells, they are a bench for a reason and it's a handcuff if martin gets hurt.

ICED@15K
08-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Yeah it seems that shane will start. I'm going to miss ariza's defense but that's about it. I have a feeling morey will pull something else off before the start of the season.

Drift Gangsta
08-11-2010, 12:47 PM
http://twitter.com/klow7

AWW NGA AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWZ

ICED@15K
08-11-2010, 12:52 PM
Blocked at work, what does it say

AccordSE
08-11-2010, 12:55 PM
for those that dont know..one of lees strengths is his willingness to play good D.