mtran
06-19-2010, 07:27 PM
chris bosh to houston. HOLLA!

knightjustice
06-19-2010, 07:31 PM
we're not even on his top 5 list!

All_valdez
06-19-2010, 07:32 PM
why would you want chris bosh in houston?????

mtran
06-19-2010, 07:47 PM
why not? best big man availible in the free agency class. between him, amare and boozer, id take bosh.

Drift Gangsta
06-19-2010, 07:53 PM
t-mac, iverson, shaq, jermaine o'neal, ben wallace.

one of the best free agent classes ever. :hsugh:

khanhdom
06-19-2010, 07:54 PM
don't forget steve francis

mtran
06-19-2010, 08:17 PM
don't forget steve francis

darius miles is thinking about coming out of retirement like MJ

tuanieee
06-19-2010, 08:36 PM
for some reason i dont see bosh coming here... just a feeling

Drift Gangsta
06-19-2010, 08:48 PM
darius miles is thinking about coming out of retirement like MJ

oh goodie.

screw amare,boozer, or bosh. the heat should go after darius miles.

d-miles & q-rich. reunited and it feels so good :fistpump:

wcDiei8AfF4

xchrisonfiyax
06-19-2010, 09:40 PM
dont forget dirk

Scientific
06-20-2010, 11:04 AM
RIP to Manute Bol.

Recon
06-20-2010, 07:06 PM
I wouldn't take Bosh due to his attitude. Guy thinks he's Lebron. All the Rocks need is a really good big to assist yao.

mtran
06-20-2010, 07:56 PM
I wouldn't take Bosh due to his attitude. Guy thinks he's Lebron. All the Rocks need is a really good big to assist yao.

he has lebron-like talent. i think bosh is a good compliment to yao. he can stretch the floor for yao and attack the basket when other guys front yao.

Gunz4Sale
06-20-2010, 08:03 PM
Bosh wants to play with another top-level player, and I'm guessing Houston doesn't have cap space or attractive players to move that would precipitate getting Bosh to Houston. Anyone know if Yao is going to opt out?

PlatES300
06-20-2010, 08:30 PM
Bosh wants to play with another top-level player, and I'm guessing Houston doesn't have cap space or attractive players to move that would precipitate getting Bosh to Houston. Anyone know if Yao is going to opt out?

I really doubt Yao is going to opt out and leave all that money on the table considering he is just coming off of surgery and nobody knows what he is capable of. Best case scenario for the Rockets is for Yao to stay and sign a smaller contract since he has a history of being injured for long periods of time.

speeddemon
06-20-2010, 10:54 PM
Dwayne Wade. Dwight Howard. Rashard Lewis.

Recon
06-21-2010, 04:22 AM
he has lebron-like talent. i think bosh is a good compliment to yao. he can stretch the floor for yao and attack the basket when other guys front yao.

The guy has talent bar-none. But it's his attitude that i don't see fitting in here. The guy wants to be 'the man' according to espn. While that's all fine and dandy, if he want's to be 'the man' its going to be extremely hard to do so on another team. Toronto is the only place i can see him being 'the man'.

Rashard Lewis.

Over-rated, over payed.

I dont see any superstar going somewhere where they arent going to be the center of attention. Magic already have howard

.CÚsar.
06-21-2010, 05:58 AM
Tracy McGrady would like to sign with the 2010 NBA champion Lakers, and has forwarded that sentiment to his agent and close colleagues, according to sources within the Lakers' front office.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/409052-nba-free-agency-tracy-mcgrady-strongly-interested-in-lakers

cheap_ass
06-21-2010, 07:27 AM
resign scola and lowry. resign garrett temple to be 3rd pg. sign mike miller.

The guy has talent bar-none. But it's his attitude that i don't see fitting in here. The guy wants to be 'the man' according to espn. While that's all fine and dandy, if he want's to be 'the man' its going to be extremely hard to do so on another team. Toronto is the only place i can see him being 'the man'.

bosh is not coming to houston, would definitely be surprised if he did.
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/art_garcia/06/20/chris.bosh/index.html

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/409052-nba-free-agency-tracy-mcgrady-strongly-interested-in-lakers

t-mac can take all of vujabitch's and luke waldo's minutes. they need to do a sign and trade for bosh with bynum

ICED@15K
06-21-2010, 07:39 AM
God I wish tmac would just hurry up and retire. First he pushed for the ny trade bc he thought lbj was going to go there, then he said he wanted to play in orlando bc the magic were doing so well, and now that they have lost and the fakers have won he's saying he wants to go to la. Seriously could he make it any more obvious that he wants to ride someone's coat tail to a ring?

Drift Gangsta
06-21-2010, 09:21 AM
if mcgrady could give the lakers this kind of production off the bench.

HC4GHt0HXwg

the lakers are going to be STACKED. mcgrady/odom bench tandem? jesus chirst.

x_sl33py
06-21-2010, 06:05 PM
i hope lakers don't get mcgrady, for vet min, okay. But anything above 4 mil a year i don't think so. Also i like bynum and all, but he needs to go. He's great for the team when healthy,but i don't trust him being healthy come playoff time. If bosh for bynum is on the table, the lakers must pull the trigger.

Scientific
06-21-2010, 07:13 PM
Bosh for Bynum? Do the Lakers really believe they can pull another Gasol? The Lakers wont be getting Bosh for an injury prone, borderline all-star.

And no real team will want McGrady, I though he was working his tail off to prove himself? How the mighty have fallen.

mtran
06-21-2010, 07:32 PM
...because tracy mcgrady and ron artest worked so well the first time.

.CÚsar.
06-21-2010, 07:45 PM
Ron's got a psychiatrist now :rofl:

AznJoe
06-21-2010, 08:02 PM

HC4GHt0HXwg

is it me or does this only sound good on paper?

.CÚsar.
06-21-2010, 08:16 PM

+1. Coming off the bench for the second unit would be sick. He wouldn't have to abuse his body, night in and night out and would be less prone to injury. This would be a great move considering Lakers can afford him if he is willing to let go of his pride.

Drift Gangsta
06-21-2010, 08:20 PM
the lakers weakness is their bench. odom got 10.8 ppg this year and he was pretty much their entire bench. all they would need from mcgrady is about 10+ ppg. factor mcgrady still is a good playmaker which he shown in NY. farmar and chris brown are not pg's that can run an offense. if mcgrady can bring some scoring and run the 2nd unit offense it's not THAT bad of an idea imo.

97blacklude
06-21-2010, 09:14 PM
the lakers weakness is their bench. odom got 10.8 ppg this year and he was pretty much their entire bench. all they would need from mcgrady is about 10+ ppg. factor mcgrady still is a good playmaker which he shown in NY. farmar and chris brown are not pg's that can run an offense. if mcgrady can bring some scoring and run the 2nd unit offense it's not THAT bad of an idea imo.

Mcgrady averaged 9.4 points sub 40% FG shooting and sub 30% 3PT shooting in 26 MPG with the KNICKS.. what makes anyone think he could even get 26 MPG with the lakers??? And to avg less than 10 points a game on the knicks, with the way their offense works is pretty pathetic

x_sl33py
06-21-2010, 09:26 PM
Bosh for Bynum? Do the Lakers really believe they can pull another Gasol? The Lakers wont be getting Bosh for an injury prone, borderline all-star.

And no real team will want McGrady, I though he was working his tail off to prove himself? How the mighty have fallen.

bosh for bynum sounds crazy, but bosh listed the 5 teams he wants to play for. Miami, New York, Chicago, Lakers, and Toronto. So the trade pieces are pretty much Beasley, David Lee, Luol Deng, and Andrew Bynum. Out of all those guys, Bynum might be the most attractive piece. so instead of losing bosh for nothing and he walks to miami,chi or ny, might as well get bynum right?

Drift Gangsta
06-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Mcgrady averaged 9.4 points sub 40% FG shooting and sub 30% 3PT shooting in 26 MPG with the KNICKS.. what makes anyone think he could even get 26 MPG with the lakers??? And to avg less than 10 points a game on the knicks, with the way their offense works is pretty pathetic

it takes awhile to get adjusted offensively to playing in the nba that late into the season, especially with learning a new offense.

coming form injury mcgrady started playing for the rockets December 15-23 and didn't start playing for the knicks until February.

even then mcgrady averaged more assist than anybody on the lakers bench.

like with ron, it could and could not work. i dont care either way.

HPorkchopD
06-21-2010, 09:47 PM
so seriously, who do you guys think the rockets are going to sign? if anyone.

x_sl33py
06-21-2010, 11:25 PM
i mean if the lakers give mcgrady the MLE, lakers fan will ask why they didn't give Trevor Ariza that money. so unless he comes for cheap, like 3 mil a year, i don't think the lakers are giving him the MLE. at this point, id give him grant hill money and ask for grant hill production.

97civicboy
06-22-2010, 09:01 AM
so seriously, who do you guys think the rockets are going to sign? if anyone.

shit ill like for the rockets to sign j.r smith

HxCTurbo
06-22-2010, 12:54 PM
With the Wolves seemingly set at point guard, and with Love and Jefferson, you would think their primary interest would be in one of the Rockets’ numerous wings, from Trevor Ariza, to Chase Budinger, to even Kevin Martin, with Ariza probably the likeliest to go.

Ariza leaving?

http://www.red94.net/draftexpress-houston-rockets-making-major-push-acquire-4th-pick/2622/

ICED@15K
06-22-2010, 01:09 PM
shit ill like for the rockets to sign j.r smith
wtf, keep that ghetto garbage far away from our team. Probably come in and mess up our chemistry
Ariza leaving?

http://www.red94.net/draftexpress-houston-rockets-making-major-push-acquire-4th-pick/2622/

Sure hope so. If anyone gets traded (that's somewhat of value) I hope it's him.

Scientific
06-22-2010, 01:33 PM
I dont think we trade Ariza. He is still relatively cheap for his services, and his defense is what the team needs the most. Our window is closing with Yao getting into his 30s, I think Budinger goes. To be fair to Trevor, he was asked to be a second option, and thats something he just isnt. He is a very nice complimentary player, and his price isnt high, with Kevin Martin and Yao in the team, and possibly a third legit scorer, I dont think we trade Trevor.

HxCTurbo
06-22-2010, 02:33 PM
Budinger is pretty good for a rookie(?)
I think he has alot of potential, hes a young guy...
True Ariza has good defence and "some" good 3's..but I think he'd be the first to leave also

x_sl33py
06-22-2010, 03:55 PM
orlando could be making some serious moves. they are thinking about trading gortat and pietrus for Deng. Then trade Vince Carter for Gilbert Arenas. Howard, Lewis, Deng, Arenas, Nelson best starting 5?

PeteSi
06-22-2010, 04:19 PM
...and begins the shuffling of players no one cares about.

The Golden State Warriors have acquired guard Charlie Bell and center Dan Gadzuric from the Milwaukee Bucks, in exchange for forward Corey Maggette and the 44th selection in the 2010 NBA Draft, the team announced today. “Charlie and Dan are two high-character veterans who can provide us with some of the intangibles that we need on our squad,” said Warriors’ General Manager Larry Riley. “They are both experienced veterans who will be welcomed additions to our very young team. Additionally, while we certainly wish Corey well and thank him for his outstanding contributions the last two years, this will help alleviate a log-jam that we have at small forward and, more importantly, power forward, where we expect both Brandan Wright and Anthony Randolph to return from injuries and play an increased role on our team next season.” Bell, 31, appeared in 71 games with the Bucks last season – including 39 in a starting role – averaging 6.5 points, 1.9 rebounds and 1.5 assists in 22.7 minutes. He scored a season-high 19 points on November 21 at Memphis, one of 22 double-figure outings, and dished out a season-best six assists November 14 against the Warriors. In 39 games as a starter, the 6’3” guard averaged 8.7 points and 2.2 assists. Additionally, he averaged 9.0 points and 1.9 assists when logging at least 20 minutes (47 times) and appeared in three of Milwaukee’s seven playoff outings in its 2010 First Round series versus Atlanta (second career playoff experience).

x_sl33py
06-22-2010, 04:22 PM
with the draft coming up, did you know in 1984 houston/portland almost had a trade of ralph sampson for the number 2 pick where houston was going to select jordan. but portland pulled out. heard that from a guy at work, any one know any truth to this rumor?

speeddemon
06-22-2010, 04:48 PM
with the draft coming up, did you know in 1984 houston/portland almost had a trade of ralph sampson for the number 2 pick where houston was going to select jordan. but portland pulled out. heard that from a guy at work, any one know any truth to this rumor?

I think ive heard this before, not sure though.

ICED@15K
06-23-2010, 08:32 AM
So what do ya'll think the chances of this are happening?

Chris Paul of New Orleans Hornets wants to win, open to trade - ESPN

mtran
06-23-2010, 09:55 AM
bosh for bynum sounds crazy, but bosh listed the 5 teams he wants to play for. Miami, New York, Chicago, Lakers, and Toronto. So the trade pieces are pretty much Beasley, David Lee, Luol Deng, and Andrew Bynum. Out of all those guys, Bynum might be the most attractive piece. so instead of losing bosh for nothing and he walks to miami,chi or ny, might as well get bynum right?

soory, give me one second as a I LAUGH MY ASS OFF!!!

you REALLY think bynum, an $85million walking greg oden injured looking ass is the best the raptors can get? david lee is 20/10. luol deng is garbage. beasley has potential but loves weed. you CAN NOT SERIOUSLY, all bias aside, think bynum is the best the raptors can get for bosh. i hope thats not serious of you to think that. the raptors are better off LETTING BOSH WALK and saving 120 million in the long run than taking back bynum and his 85-90 million dollar contract (or however much it was idk) so he can sit on the bench as he rehabs his knees.

bynum is what everyone expected him to be: a better version of ericka dampier + desagna diop. dude will never be in the yao/dwight echeleon of current centers. hes lucky if he can be mentioned in zydrunas' level. bynum is what everyone NOT a lakers fan expected him to be- a mid first rounder that rob jerry buss blind of his money.

mtran
06-23-2010, 09:57 AM
i mean if the lakers give mcgrady the MLE, lakers fan will ask why they didn't give Trevor Ariza that money. so unless he comes for cheap, like 3 mil a year, i don't think the lakers are giving him the MLE. at this point, id give him grant hill money and ask for grant hill production.

the problem was ariza wanted MORE than mle, when the lakers offered him that, he went elsewhere. hed rather take the mle elsewhere and jack up all the shots he want, than take the mle in los angeles and play 5th fiddle to everyone else.

and vice versa, ron felt the opposite. he felt insulted the rockets offered him a 2yr mle so he went to los angeles where he could win a ring and got his 5 years.

mtran
06-23-2010, 09:59 AM
orlando could be making some serious moves. they are thinking about trading gortat and pietrus for Deng. Then trade Vince Carter for Gilbert Arenas. Howard, Lewis, Deng, Arenas, Nelson best starting 5?

if that is the case, dwight howard might never score 20 points a game ever again. arenas AND nelson. at least with vince, we knew he was unselfish playing with jkidd.

x_sl33py
06-23-2010, 12:37 PM
Bynum has two years left at around 28 million what u talking about 85 million. the 3rd year is a team option. he's a better piece than david lee. especially since Lee prob wants at least 6 years 70 million. id take the 2 years 28 million on a 22 year old center. if he doesn't work, don't exercise the team option.

if u like david lee over bynum, then that's ur opinion. but don't make up stuff like 85 million. it's not the best toronto can get. but those are the suitors, those are the trade pieces. bynum, lee, deng, and beasley.

mtran
06-23-2010, 01:09 PM
Bynum has two years left at around 28 million what u talking about 85 million. the 3rd year is a team option. he's a better piece than david lee. especially since Lee prob wants at least 6 years 70 million. id take the 2 years 28 million on a 22 year old center. if he doesn't work, don't exercise the team option.

if u like david lee over bynum, then that's ur opinion. but don't make up stuff like 85 million. it's not the best toronto can get. but those are the suitors, those are the trade pieces. bynum, lee, deng, and beasley.

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/oct/31/sports/sp-lakers31

The Lakers and Bynum didn't seem to be an entirely happy match earlier this week, with Bynum's agent asking for an average of $17 million a year on a five-year deal and the Lakers countering with an average of $11 million a year over five years.

bynum wanted 5/85 but settled for 5/55. my bad on the info. i knew he and his agent were asking for 85mil a couple of years back. i didnt keep up whether the lakers bit on that or not. either way, bynum is severly overpaid and often injured.

at least with david lee, hes proven a proven 20/10 guy who stays healthy. beasley is still young so his trade value is his upside. deng is trash.

x_sl33py
06-23-2010, 03:59 PM
ultimately i do think Bosh is going to NY. I do think David Lee will take somewhere around 6 years 60 million and toronto pulls the trigger in a sign and trade. like i said "might be the most attractive piece". he's a more attractive piece then deng and beasley. im 50/50 if he's a better piece than david lee depend on what kind of money david lee wants. Im going out on a limb and saying Bosh and Lebron in NY. Amare and Wade in Miami.

mtran
06-24-2010, 12:56 PM
ultimately i do think Bosh is going to NY. I do think David Lee will take somewhere around 6 years 60 million and toronto pulls the trigger in a sign and trade. like i said "might be the most attractive piece". he's a more attractive piece then deng and beasley. im 50/50 if he's a better piece than david lee depend on what kind of money david lee wants. Im going out on a limb and saying Bosh and Lebron in NY. Amare and Wade in Miami.

overrated center thats overpaid? they can have a slew of a. young prospects b. future draft picks c. cap relief and expiring contracts

why would they tie up money in a guy thats owed 20 something million thats often injured? id take my chances with jordan hill than bynum. bynum has peaked. what you see now is what you get.

Belly
06-24-2010, 02:52 PM
The Chicago Bulls have a deal in place that would move Kirk Hinrich and the 17th pick to the Washington Wizards, freeing up enough cap space to pursue two maximum-salary players in this summer's free-agent market, sources with knowledge of the Bulls' plans said Thursday.

It wasn't immediately clear what Washington would send to Chicago in the trade.

The deal can't be officially consummated until July 8, when the Wizards will have room under the salary cap to absorb Hinrich's $9 million contract without having to send back anything of similar value.

Since it's a good-faith deal for the time being, there remains a chance it could fall apart. But according to one source, the Sacramento Kings are prepared to make a similar deal with the Bulls in the Wizards' stead if that were to happen.

Either way, moving Hinrich and the pick would push Chicago's space under the cap from $20 million to more than $30 million. That puts the Bulls on equal footing with the Miami Heat in pursuing not just one but two members of a free-agent class that is expected to include LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Carlos Boozer, Amare Stoudemire and Joe Johnson.

PeteSi
06-24-2010, 02:53 PM
I was just about to post that.lol. Kinda weird seeing that they're about to pick up John Wall.

tuanieee
06-24-2010, 04:09 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/2emk5tk.jpg

Happy
06-24-2010, 04:19 PM
hahahaha ^^

x_sl33py
06-24-2010, 05:13 PM
overrated center thats overpaid? they can have a slew of a. young prospects b. future draft picks c. cap relief and expiring contracts

why would they tie up money in a guy thats owed 20 something million thats often injured? id take my chances with jordan hill than bynum. bynum has peaked. what you see now is what you get.

the problem is bosh already listed the teams he wants to play for. he would have to agree with the sign and trade. there are better trade pieces out there definitely, but from the teams he listed and possible destination, bynum is 1b in most attractive piece. for toronto, it's either let bosh walk to miami/chi/ny or get something in return like a david lee or bynum. plain and simple. there is no jordan hill or other trade pieces in the equation unless bosh adds more teams he wants to play for. until then its not worth speculating if he is going to the rockets or any other team he didn't list.

x_sl33py
06-24-2010, 05:26 PM
in hindsight toronto should of shipped out bosh. now bosh controls the raptors. they don't have that option to acquire "a slew of a. young prospects b. future draft picks c. cap relief and expiring contracts"

unless u know something that i don't know, all i know is bosh listed 5 teams he is willing to play for.

Scientific
06-24-2010, 05:31 PM
in hindsight toronto should of shipped out bosh. now bosh controls the raptors. they don't have that option to acquire "a slew of a. young prospects b. future draft picks c. cap relief and expiring contracts"

unless u know something that i don't know, all i know is bosh listed 5 teams he is willing to play for.

Even with Bosh, they're not winning it all next year anyway. If they cant get at least something of equal value for him, and Im sorry I just dont think Bynum will cut it, Toronto can just let him go. They knew this would happen, and they knew he'd be asking for a sign and trade. Its up to them just how much they'll be willing to get if they do a sign and trade. I dont agree with you that Bosh controls this, its either take the max money from Toronto, which they're going to offer, or he rejects it, which I'm sure Toronto was also expecting.

So they either get as much as any team will be willing to offer, or let him walk. At this point, if we're going off the bait the teams you listed have, Toronto is better off just letting him walk.

mtran
06-24-2010, 06:27 PM
utah jizz selects a white guy? what a surprise.

his gf was looking mighty fine though

tuanieee
06-24-2010, 06:35 PM
4 more picks til the rockets choose

mtran
06-24-2010, 06:37 PM
cole aldrich gf looking mighty fine also

accord2k4
06-24-2010, 06:51 PM
Rockets on the clock. In Morey I trust.

tuanieee
06-24-2010, 06:54 PM
patrick patterson?

mtran
06-24-2010, 06:54 PM
the anticipation is killing me!!!

"I have a trade to announce. The Rockets have selected Hassan Whiteside and trade his rights to the Sacramento Kings for Carl Landry and the rights to Demarcus Cousins."

mtran
06-24-2010, 06:56 PM
patrick patterson?
good call

accord2k4
06-24-2010, 06:58 PM
Wonder if he is gonna be trade bait.

mtran
06-24-2010, 06:58 PM
luis scola, jordan hill and patrick patterson. hmm smelling a trade?

tuanieee
06-24-2010, 06:59 PM
i think patterson maybe the landry v. 2.0... looks like it form his highlights

PlatES300
06-24-2010, 07:05 PM
luis scola, jordan hill and patrick patterson. hmm smelling a trade?

kinda thinking the same thing. maybe hill is being shipped out. I don't see the rockets trading scola.

mtran
06-24-2010, 07:09 PM
kinda thinking the same thing. maybe hill is being shipped out. I don't see the rockets trading scola.

luis is a free agent. maybe a sign and trade? package him and either patterson/hill?

tenguin
06-24-2010, 07:11 PM
yeah, trade is likely. im betting scola is gone, but sign and trade for who?

mtran
06-24-2010, 07:13 PM
yeah, trade is likely. im betting scola is gone, but sign and trade for who?

well, we know brian colangelo has a knack for international players.

Scientific
06-24-2010, 07:43 PM
Should the old Rockets 09-10 thread be officially locked up? Now that we know who we picked up with the 14th pick, may as well start a new Rockets 10-11 thread.

mtran
06-24-2010, 07:47 PM
Should the old Rockets 09-10 thread be officially locked up? Now that we know who we picked up with the 14th pick, may as well start a new Rockets 10-11 thread.

done deal sci

dangdatsdanny
06-24-2010, 11:36 PM
Chicago clearing up more cap space for 2 max players. Looking good Chicago, Da Bulls!

x_sl33py
06-25-2010, 12:08 AM
who thinks john wall and gilbert will work? i honestly think they gotta ship gilbert out. he is too talented to take a back seat to john wall and let the kid develop.

koolaider
06-25-2010, 02:36 AM
the john wall hoop lahhh is gonna die when the wizards starts losing again, they'll get better with wall no doubt but seems like the same hopefully gilbert gets shipped and goes back to his elite form, the guy was amazing couple years back

x_sl33py
06-25-2010, 10:02 AM
with the hinrich trade, the bulls will be a problem next year. now they just have to ship out deng for something. if that gortat and pietrus trade is on the table again. they need to pull the trigger. Tell Joe Johnson he's not a max player and sign Bosh or Amare. Noah/Bosh/Pietrus/Johnson/Rose. if not joe johnson i guess settle for rudy gay. but if brad miller stays, i guess they should keep deng. Miami could also pull some tricks too.

tha_W
06-28-2010, 02:47 PM
SCARY!

You’re only as good as your sources, as a journalist, and from what I’m being told, after hearing what everybody has to say, LeBron James will agree to team with Dwyane Wade, he’s going to South Beach. LeBron James and Chris Bosh are going to South Beach; they are going to play for the Miami Heat.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sports/blogs/Watch-This/LeBron-to-the-Heat---Say-FSRs-Stephen-A-Smith-97332939.html

PeteSi
06-28-2010, 05:06 PM
Until Adrian Woj says it, I wouldn't get too excited lol

Scientific
06-28-2010, 05:08 PM
Screaming A. Smith? No thank you.

PeteSi
06-28-2010, 07:38 PM
LOL!
The Rockets' lead free-agent target remains Chris Bosh whom they hope to acquire by working out a sign-and-trade deal with Toronto.

Based on their fans' suggestions, the team is planning to send three truckloads of Rockets' fans to their free-agent meetings.

x_sl33py
06-28-2010, 11:44 PM
who the heck is this "World Wide Wes" guy. William Wesley. Is he the most interesting man in the world? he should be in the dos equis commercials.

hatchless one
06-29-2010, 01:21 AM
SCARY!

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sports/blogs/Watch-This/LeBron-to-the-Heat---Say-FSRs-Stephen-A-Smith-97332939.html

makes no sense, bosh said he wanted to go to a place where he would be the number 1 option on the offensive end.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2010/06/15/20100615_bosh_free_agent.nba/

he might be lying.

krouchchocolate
06-29-2010, 02:24 AM
damn i wonder who will rocket's pick up!

ICED@15K
06-29-2010, 05:53 AM
makes no sense, bosh said he wanted to go to a place where he would be the number 1 option on the offensive end.
Bosh says a lot of things.

More and more he's starting to rub me the wrong way with the way he's acting and going about this whole fa thing with twitter, asking fans to show him love to decide where to go, ect. I think it's starting to become pretty obvious that he only wants to play with either wade or lbj and no one else. He's either going to end up in chicago with james or miami with wade as one of their sidekicks and in the spotlight. I seriously don't see all three of them being in miami together.

damn i wonder who will rocket's pick up! Probably brad miller lol.

ICED@15K
06-29-2010, 08:59 AM
Ok guys I need something cleared up. My co worker and I were discussing fa's signing/talking with teams and I think we're missing something.

As of this thursday a player can talk to any team he wants and VERBALLY agree, but he can't LEGALLY sign until the 8th correct?

ICED@15K
06-29-2010, 09:04 AM
nm i found my answer.

x_sl33py
06-29-2010, 10:26 AM
wade and lebron would be like the new Jordan and Pippen. heck arguably even better. nasty if somehow bosh gets there too.

.CÚsar.
06-29-2010, 10:34 AM
who the heck is this "World Wide Wes" guy. William Wesley. Is he the most interesting man in the world? he should be in the dos equis commercials.

Although a few years old, interesting read.
http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/200706/william-wesley-worldwide-wes-nba-basketball

PeteSi
06-29-2010, 04:24 PM
On Tuesday, the Nets traded Yi Jianlian to the Wizards for Quinton Ross, creating additional room under the salary cap.

The Nets sent the Wizards cash in the deal.

This opens up $3 million more salary cap room, leaving the team about $30 million under the cap.

"This trade is a good opportunity to add a skilled 7-footer with significant NBA experience who was the sixth overall pick in the draft just three years ago," Ernie Grunfeld said in a statement. "Yi fits in very well with our ongoing plan of building towards the future with a core of young, talented players."

x_sl33py
06-29-2010, 04:46 PM
just read about pippen almost going broke. how do these nba stars continue to go broke. how do u spend 70+ million in 15-20 years. crazy. i guess they surround themselves with too many leechers.

Scientific
06-29-2010, 07:40 PM
Can we officially call Yi a bust already?

x_sl33py
06-29-2010, 07:55 PM

yep, he's actually 3 years older than his age. 22 year old posing as a 19 year old prospect at the 2007 draft.

mtran
06-29-2010, 08:28 PM
how can you be a bust when you werent expected to be good? yi has had his ups and downs, but lets not act like he was darko milicic -hyped coming into the draft. there was already controversy over his age thing (which i think he lied about, all chinese athletes lie about their age ie pedolympics).

alot of people were expecting yi to be some type of kg/pau gasol type player of youtube highlights. i think he still CAN be, but hes never been on a team that allowed him to flourish. he has range and decent athleticism, but his downside was always playing alongside a better big man (bogut, lopez).

maybe john wall can work his kentucky magic and turn yi into the player he can be. but at this point, better talent surrounding him has hindered his growth. i look at yi as a gerald wallace type player, rotted on the bench early in his career in sacramento, change of scenary and he got to do his thing on a losing team.

mtran
06-29-2010, 08:30 PM
wade and lebron would be like the new Jordan and Pippen. heck arguably even better.

wrong. jordan and pippen worked well together because jordan was alpha and pippen was beta. with lebron/wade, both are alpha type guys. and both love to pound the ball into the ground to create plays. both of those guys need a joe johnson/amare/bosh/dirk type players who arent alpha guys and arent true franchise players

Scientific
06-29-2010, 08:51 PM
alot of people were expecting yi to be some type of kg/pau gasol type player of youtube highlights. i think he still CAN be, but hes never been on a team that allowed him to flourish. he has range and decent athleticism, but his downside was always playing alongside a better big man (bogut, lopez).

He's a bust, and under your logic, you just pointed out why. Bogut? Lopez? Until the season, Bogut was just now starting to prove his draft positioning. He's a bust because he was demanding to to be drafted by the Bucks, and the Bucks were quick to realize their mistake.

And the youtube highlights? All we had of Yao from what I remember was him running up and down the court dunking over 5'9 chinese players. And didnt Yi have a Time cover? He's a bust man.

mtran
06-29-2010, 09:15 PM
he averaged 12/7 in 32 minutes of play thsi year with jersey. hes not kwame brown yet but he hasnt lived up to his hype. and its only been 3 years.

johnball
06-29-2010, 09:25 PM
no way lebron would want to play with wade or vice versa.

PeteSi
06-29-2010, 09:25 PM
no way lebron would want to play with wade or vice versa.

umm....why not?

Scientific
06-29-2010, 10:03 PM
Dirk opted out of his last year? What is he on? He had 21.5 million left on his last year, does anyone think he'll see that money again? And this is sure to burn his bridge with Cuban.

PeteSi
06-29-2010, 10:07 PM
I think he will. Donnie Nelson went to Germany today just to talk to him. He played awesome during the playoffs. Plus right now, alot of teams are gonna clear room for LeBron. Losers to that sweepstakes can pay Dirk. I'm probably not with the majority, but I think Dirk is worth a max contract.

Scientific
06-29-2010, 10:24 PM
Add Paul Pierce to the list. Also opting out of 21.5 mill.

I dont think Dirk is worth Max Money. 21.5 for one year? I dont think he'll see that kind of change for one year again. He will almost for sure get at least a 60-70 million over 4 but, that's really all I would be willing to muster for him, if I were a GM. He could have probably gotten that by the end of next year anyway, and Im sure thats what Cuabn could have offered him for an extension. The guy is 32.

With Pierce and Dirk opting out, I'm sure this hurts Bosh. And it probably shows that they expect teams to go retarded and throw money at them. Namely the Knicks and Nets getting desperate.

tenguin
06-29-2010, 10:55 PM
can we do what the mavs do to us? i would lol so bad if dirk came to houston.

ICED@15K
06-30-2010, 05:41 AM
just read about pippen almost going broke. how do these nba stars continue to go broke. how do u spend 70+ million in 15-20 years. crazy. i guess they surround themselves with too many leechers.
link?

I still have hope for him. I feel that he hasn't been put in the right system to help him flourish yet.

Belly
06-30-2010, 10:37 AM
link?

As requested (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Scottie-Pippen-is-a-little-less-broke-these-days?urn=nba,252310)

And this also (http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news;_ylt=ArFWNbtUJkvMUOvoRayNGLPYrYZ4?slug=ys-investopediamoneyloss031010)

ICED@15K
06-30-2010, 10:39 AM
Thanks, read it earlier today. Pretty pathetic. Hopefully he won't blow it this time.

PeteSi
06-30-2010, 10:43 AM
Time to upgrade at small forward.
Despite discussing a contract extension with Carmelo Anthony, sources close to the situation indicate the Nuggets would rather trade him than risk losing him in free agency for nothing.

The Nuggets are attempting to be proactive by securing Anthony to an extension this summer. He will become a free agent on July 1, 2011 if he doesn't sign an extension.

ICED@15K
06-30-2010, 11:07 AM
Melo ain't going anywhere and neither is cp3. Just a bunch of hogwash.

ICED@15K
06-30-2010, 11:08 AM
Cat wants back in the nba

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2010/06/30/2010-06-30_exknick_cuttino_mobley_says_he_has_clean_bill_o f_health_hopes_to_return_to_nba_a.html

ICED@15K
06-30-2010, 11:56 AM
If we can't get bosh (which we probably won't) what do ya'll think about going after david lee?

PeteSi
06-30-2010, 12:26 PM
The Rockets confirmed Wednesday that they have extended qualifying offers to forward Luis Scola and guard Kyle Lowry.

The pair are now restricted free agents and Houston will have the option to match any offer they receive on the market.

tenguin
06-30-2010, 12:33 PM
pete, lets start the wagon to denver.

lyttleviet
06-30-2010, 02:15 PM
If we can't get bosh (which we probably won't) what do ya'll think about going after david lee?

Lee would work well next to Yao.

hatchless one
06-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Lee would work well next to Yao.

x2

x_sl33py
06-30-2010, 03:05 PM
wrong. jordan and pippen worked well together because jordan was alpha and pippen was beta. with lebron/wade, both are alpha type guys. and both love to pound the ball into the ground to create plays. both of those guys need a joe johnson/amare/bosh/dirk type players who arent alpha guys and arent true franchise players

true, but ehh, shaq and kobe were two alpha male personalities. 4 finals appearances, 3 rings. I think they do both have similar games though (wade/bron), but i think they can work out the alpha male personalities no problem.

i think yi got minutes to show what kind of player he is. Jermaine Oneal, gerald wallace, etc. they never got minutes. Yi averaged 30 mpg last year. i think i kinda know what kind of player he is. if he really is 22, i still think he can improve, but something tells me he is already 25 and he is what he is or something close to it.

dudeimfromhtown
06-30-2010, 03:56 PM
give me david lee when all the attention is going towards bosh boozer and dirk he would be a ninja steal but we would lack defense lol

mtran
06-30-2010, 08:24 PM
true, but ehh, shaq and kobe were two alpha male personalities. 4 finals appearances, 3 rings.

big difference between kobe/shaq and bron/wade

shaq was in his prime, 27 years old or so, coming off a finals appearance in 95 and signed the biggest free agent contract in nba history. kobe, however, was a 21 year old younging who was GIVEN the beta role and eventually grew into an alpha type of player. theres a reason he didnt start when he came to la. he was a rookie and shaq was established. you dont mix a rookie with a dominant center and tell the dominant center to take a backseat role to a rookie who couldnt crack the rotation ahead of eddie jones.

mtran
06-30-2010, 08:26 PM
give me david lee when all the attention is going towards bosh boozer and dirk he would be a ninja steal but we would lack defense lol

whats the difference between luis scola and david lee? besides age and contract, those guys are 2 identical players. if anything, i think luis is more solid on offense with more moves in his repertoire.

Scientific
07-01-2010, 01:32 AM
i think yi got minutes to show what kind of player he is. Jermaine Oneal, gerald wallace, etc. they never got minutes. Yi averaged 30 mpg last year. i think i kinda know what kind of player he is. if he really is 22, i still think he can improve, but something tells me he is already 25 and he is what he is or something close to it.

Thats how I see it. He is what he is at this point, and had all the time in the world to prove his worth.

First day of free agency, doesn't mean squat, but I guess it will be fun to finally see what teams will be offering.

lyttleviet
07-01-2010, 04:04 AM
I always thought LEE was a more solid rebounder compared to Scola so I went and checked. Obviously hes on a crap team but luis was on a crap team last year too.. I agree scola probably has more moves on offense.

16 and 9 for scola 20 and 12 for lee.

ICED@15K
07-01-2010, 08:09 AM
^lee is a solid player. I hold him a little higher than scola based off of last year but that's not saying much bc yeah he was on the knicks where he really didn't have any help. Also, we weren't a crap team last year.

tenguin
07-01-2010, 09:18 AM
dont mess with the scola scoop!

PeteSi
07-01-2010, 09:22 AM
WTF? Are you serious?! lol
LeBron James hopes to make his free agency decision by Monday.

James is scheduled to meet with the Knicks, Nets, Bulls, Clippers, Heat and Cavaliers over the next few days.

Scientific
07-01-2010, 09:24 AM

The Clippers? Why not, they still have more talent than the Cavs, and battling Kobe 4 times out of the year just to play more puppet commercials?

I can already see "The Battle For Los Angeles" banner in front of staples.

PeteSi
07-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Talent or not, that team is cursed.

tenguin
07-01-2010, 09:29 AM
your penis is cursed. hopefully griffin can play more than oden

PeteSi
07-01-2010, 10:56 AM
I thought this fool was gonna retire. Why the hell is he getting paid so much???
Darko Milicic has agreed to a four-year, $20M deal with Minnesota.

and ATL throwing max money at Joe Johnson. :facepalm: 119/6years

x_sl33py
07-01-2010, 11:42 AM
I thought this fool was gonna retire. Why the hell is he getting paid so much???

yeah the nba always overpay for big men. i think the hawks should find a sign and trade for joe johnson. they need him or at get some value back. because without him, they are prob not a playoff time.

ICED@15K
07-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Yeah of course. Like the other guy said they have more talent than the cavs. I'm going to laugh if lbj signs with the cavs and in the end the cavs can't get anyone to come to the team via trade and he's stuck with the same scrubs as last year. 1st place or you're not going anywhere in the post season with that squad.

facepalm at atl. Either way they're screwed. One hand you let jj walk and you're team pretty much turns to crap and loses fan base, ect. Other hand you give him what he wants (max contract) and you're stuck paying money out the back end to a 29yr old who will be declining eventually. JJ is NOT worth max contract and I'm sure even he knows it.

koolaider
07-01-2010, 12:21 PM
lol, wow paying JJ max money, he's not even worth it.

Scientific
07-01-2010, 12:24 PM

Seriously? Whats so hard to let the Knicks do the overpaying, and try and do a sign and trade?

In the short term, the Hawks will a very good to decent team for another 2-3 years, but once its obvious he needs to go, how in the world will they ever get rid of such an atrocious contract?

kaytoos
07-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Yao sent Bosh a message on Twitter about an hour before the negotiating period for free agents opened. Yao said Tuesday that he'll be 100 percent healthy for training camp after sitting out last season following foot surgery.

"Hey Chris, hopefully you'll play with us next season," Yao said. "I'll be healthy and I'd really look forward to playing together."

Yao :rock:

ICED@15K
07-01-2010, 12:36 PM
how in the world will they ever get rid of such an atrocious contract?

They won't be able to, and JJ will have the last laugh.

ICED@15K
07-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Yao :rock:

Come on now, you think yao really wrote that? Fool can barely even speak english let alone use proper grammar lol.

Scientific
07-01-2010, 12:41 PM
Yao never says a word. I doubt he even has a twitter, pretty sure its a fake acct.

kaytoos
07-01-2010, 12:41 PM
Come on now, you think yao really wrote that? Fool can barely even speak english let alone use proper grammar lol.

lol I bet it was translated

ICED@15K
07-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Breaking news: Rudy gay getting a 100mil/6 year deal with the Grizz

x_sl33py
07-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Breaking news: Rudy gay getting a 100mil/6 year deal with the Grizz

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38043254/ns/sports-player_news/

not 81mil/ 5 year?

better than joe johnson deal. lol joe johnson is laughing to the bank.

ICED@15K
07-01-2010, 01:54 PM
MY bad typed the wrong info. Yeah 81mil/5 years

socold57
07-01-2010, 01:56 PM
i wanna see bron in chicago

x_sl33py
07-01-2010, 02:03 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ApmkXe.5zVXWbEvkWUbv0axFPKB4?slug=ys-nbafreeagenttracker2010

FA tracker. Seems like half the nba is either a free agent or a restricted free agent this year.

johnball
07-01-2010, 02:11 PM
umm....why not?

i dont think lebron would wanna play with wade or vice versa because they both want to be the #1.. and neither would want to be in the other guys shadow on the team. just my thought.

khanhdom
07-01-2010, 02:41 PM
motherfucking prokhorov taking NY over with his mural across from MSG and now took over the NY Post...LOL

http://www.nypost.com/

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_OVnps8UzGdM/TCuBWZrvR9I/AAAAAAAAC-o/xduDnLLaia0/s1600/nets.jpg

koolaider
07-01-2010, 02:44 PM
LeBron should come to Houston, we don't have state tax here, he's gonna have to pay 12.85% tax in NY. Do a fkn sign and trade damnit!

speeddemon
07-01-2010, 03:54 PM
LeBron should come to Houston, we don't have state tax here, he's gonna have to pay 12.85% tax in NY. Do a fkn sign and trade damnit!

Wrd. We should trade for Artest. :hsugh:

x_sl33py
07-01-2010, 08:35 PM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38049462/ns/sports-player_news/

Lakers offer Mike Miller 5 years 30 million. he could be a laker tonite! lakers gave him til midnight tonight to accept the offer.

koolaider
07-01-2010, 08:39 PM
wow I forgot he existed, him and t-mac back in Orlando were good times lol

AccordSE
07-01-2010, 09:40 PM
another bad contract for a scrub...

Amir Johnson 5 yr 34 mil...no wonder so many teams suck, pay scrubs for no reason

Scientific
07-01-2010, 09:56 PM

Lakers offer Mike Miller 5 years 30 million. he could be a laker tonite! lakers gave him til midnight tonight to accept the offer.

What would that mean for Adam Morrison?

.CÚsar.
07-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Lakers need swingmen that can hit the 3! wooo! I feel bad for Adam. He never got around to play ball after all kinds of injuries. I hear he is a good player even after the Bulldogs

Mr.TxHustla
07-02-2010, 09:37 AM

sup with all of Kobes enemies wanting to play with him...Artest went to him last year...Now the guy Kobe elbowed in the throat like a hoe wants to go there...even Raja Bell who clotheslined Kobe said he's talking to the lakers and wants to go there...LOL

PeteSi
07-02-2010, 10:14 AM
Awwww, Bosh and Wade went out on a date.

Elite free agents Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade had dinner together on Thursday night after they spent the day listening to pitches from their many NBA suitors.

Bosh and Wade, who came into the NBA as part of the 2003 draft class with LeBron James, snapped a picture for Twitter that featured them around an empty chair that was presumably for James.

tha_W
07-02-2010, 10:44 AM
Awwww, Bosh and Wade went out on a date.

http://media.whosay.com/1297/1297_la.jpg

Mr.TxHustla
07-02-2010, 10:54 AM
that would be a sick little combo tho..still need help on the small guards area..

.CÚsar.
07-02-2010, 12:30 PM
sup with all of Kobes enemies wanting to play with him...Artest went to him last year...Now the guy Kobe elbowed in the throat like a hoe wants to go there...even Raja Bell who clotheslined Kobe said he's talking to the lakers and wants to go there...LOL

Oldest move in the war books. You can't beat them, you join them

x_sl33py
07-02-2010, 04:19 PM

well they are grown men who don't hold grudges like little girls. if a team can offer u to play til june and play for it all, that's what it's all about. if the price is fair, why not. they can also make money like artest is trying to jump start his rap career. or be like odom and get paid to go to clubs/host parties with his wife, etc.

.CÚsar.
07-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Steve Blake to the Laguneros. I heard about this days ago from a friend but didn't believe him lol

Scientific
07-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Laguneros? Hes a capable back up PG, Im a little surprised he couldnt find a team.

WhorePresents?
07-02-2010, 06:35 PM
Now that Lakers got Steve Blake, does that mean no Mike Miller? I think he would have been a good fit, I guess he wanted more than the MLE or something.

Mazda6
07-02-2010, 06:43 PM
i just think its complete bullshit if wade bosh and lebron all agree to take less to be on the same team.. I probably wont watch the NBA for a couple of years

cheap_ass
07-02-2010, 06:46 PM

you mad because no one gives a shit about shaq anymore?

Scientific
07-02-2010, 08:24 PM
i just think its complete bullshit if wade bosh and lebron all agree to take less to be on the same team.. I probably wont watch the NBA for a couple of years

lol. I seem to remember when the Lakers got Karl Malone and Gary Payton, along with Shaq and Kobe. Granted having 4 HOFs on one team, 2 of them being on the down side of their career, isnt the same. But I remember being so mad at the league for letting a team get that much talent.

tenguin
07-02-2010, 09:00 PM
its just smart for them to do so. i guess you hate boston too? hell, id give up a million or two to WIN it all. you can't hate them for wanting to compete. how fun is it when you are on a team losing all the time. there isn't anything the nba can do to stop it, especially if it makes them money

tenguin
07-02-2010, 09:01 PM
oh yeah, who is getting the feeling that lebron going to get fucked when d.wade and bosh go to the bulls. he is going to be left on that cavs team or join the nets. haha

Mazda6
07-02-2010, 09:33 PM
its just smart for them to do so. i guess you hate boston too? hell, id give up a million or two to WIN it all. you can't hate them for wanting to compete. how fun is it when you are on a team losing all the time. there isn't anything the nba can do to stop it, especially if it makes them money

in their prime - Garnett Allen Pierce < prime Lebron Wade Bosh

iono i didnt like the meetings them 3 had..

mtran
07-02-2010, 10:24 PM
in their prime - Garnett Allen Pierce < prime Lebron Wade Bosh

i just wanna go in on this statement right here

kg, jesus and truth < bron, wade, bosh

but kg + jesus + truth > bron + wade + bosh and let me explain:

kg jesus and truth are the perfect big 3 to compliment each other. kg, although being a max franchise guy his whole life, never like the big stage. he didnt like taking big shots. take game 7 for example. dude let pau gasol have his way in the post and didnt attack pau back on the offensive end. kg is what you call, mr 3 quarters. hes gonna talk shit and bark at euros for 3 quarters, but come 4th quarter, that dude is ghost like joe johnson in the playoffs.

jesus was use to taking all the shots in mil and sea. he was their franchise guy who took and made alot of big shots. coming to boston, his role changed from being the #1 guy on offense to the #2/3 guy on offense. instead of trying to create for himself, he let the offense create for him. he was once a tmac-type player, but quickly changed his game to be more of a rip hamilton type player. he go most of his shots off screens and pick and rolls. he never just beat a player off the dribble or try to create on his own. everything for jesus came in the flow of the offense (something everyone here hoped mcgrady would transform into when rick came onboard).

and last is pierce. pierce is the closer for that team. whether jesus is on or not, pierce always took the last show. the offense flowed through pierce last possession of any game. he decided what he wanted to do with the ball, whether feed the open man in the double or look for jesus if he was on or do that god awful step back jumper i hate.

lebron, wade and bosh are all different in nature. bosh fits the kg mold. hes a 20/10 that isnt a go to guy int he clutch. hes only had one playoff appearance and hes soft as marshmellow. wade and bron, however, are both alpha guys. both love to pound the ball and create off the dribble and run the clock down for a pick and roll situation to attack the basket. both cannot coexist (i dont think they can) in an offense where neither one of their game is tailored made to fit the others. jesus remodeled his game to play off the ball and kg is ghost so pierce took the last shot. whose going to remodel their game and come off screens? lebron or wade? both are exceptional at getting to the basket and both are in the prime of their careers. i cant see either guys sacrificing their games NOW to win chips, esp not wade since he already has his.

tenguin
07-02-2010, 11:57 PM
i actually think they could exist, but only for so long. bron would prob play more of a pg role and basically let wade run loose. i just think they would bump heads later on as they play. ego's would get in the way and it would blow up in their face. i would say they win a championship or two, but end up like shaq and kobe

tha_W
07-03-2010, 12:51 AM
I agree that Wade/James/Bosh is a stretch, but I'll bet that at least two of the three will be playing on the same team at the end of all of this and my guess is Wade/Bosh.

Boostylicious
07-03-2010, 01:13 AM
Well my suns decided to ruin their team... why cant they consult their fans before they make awful awful moves.

koolaider
07-03-2010, 01:20 AM
Of all the teams LeBron talked to, who is he going to have the best chance with to beat the Lakers next year or be a strong contender in a couple of years? Not the Knicks, Nets, Clippers. Miami if bosh, wade and LeBron are on the same team. The Bulls maybe... I still think he'll stay in Cleveland

x_sl33py
07-03-2010, 01:33 AM
so it looks like the lakers are signing blake and letting farmar walk. with almost no more money to spend, looks like the lakers will be the same team except they will have blake instead of farmar.

tenguin
07-03-2010, 04:42 AM
i think if farmar had more time he would actually turn decent, but im not the zenmaster either.

i think the nets would be a pretty damn good team for bron. seriously, with a proven big man, pg, and a young williams, they arent that shabby

dangdatsdanny
07-03-2010, 06:59 AM
It's Saturday and the Bulls turn to do work on Lebron. If Wade is seriously considering going to the Bulls that will automatically lure Lebron or Bosh and vice versa. Looking good Chicago. =D

Mr.TxHustla
07-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Bron staying in Cleveland with Amare...Johnson in ATL...Wade n Bosh in Miami..

HxCTurbo
07-03-2010, 10:04 PM
hcjag_48fy4

lollll official bring Bosh to Houston song

hatchless one
07-04-2010, 12:04 AM
^^^wtf, lol.

Scientific
07-05-2010, 04:29 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AukqxmXyqM3aOfw8bJ.jfmk5nYcB?slug=ys-stoudemireknicks070510

Amare to the Knicks is all but done from what I'm reading. I think that ends their chase of LeBron.

tofuspeedster
07-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Amar'e agrees to 5yr/$100 mil terms with the New York Knicks.. they're still gonna try for LeBron.

tofuspeedster
07-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Dirk Nowitzski 4yrs/$80 mil w/ Dallas
Joe Johnson 6yrs/$119 mil w/ Atlanta
Rudy Gay 5yrs/$82 mil w/ Memphis

Scientific
07-05-2010, 05:08 PM
If Lebron wanted to play with Amare why didnt the Cavs trade for him last season? New York didnt have that much of a chance anyway, but as the Knicks are constructed, how are they any better than teh Cavs? I think thats it for them.

tofuspeedster
07-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Because New York is one of the biggest Media outlets in the world, if not the biggest, think if LeBron were to go play for the Knicks, take a little paycut.. with the endorsements he already has and the media potential there, LeBron could very well double or triple his networth. Money talks with these guys, you should know that.

x_sl33py
07-05-2010, 05:25 PM
looks like amare will be the first domino. playing for his old ball coach dantoni. how will they get the money to sign lebron though?

knightjustice
07-05-2010, 05:40 PM
minus whale get shaq for our back up, back up

Scientific
07-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Because New York is one of the biggest Media outlets in the world, if not the biggest, think if LeBron were to go play for the Knicks, take a little paycut.. with the endorsements he already has and the media potential there, LeBron could very well double or triple his networth. Money talks with these guys, you should know that.

This arguement gets old quick. New York=more exposure? How exactly? He's arguably the mmost famous basketball player on earth, with the exception of Kobe. He has the hottest shoe out right now, his face is plastered everywhere, his endorsements arent miraculously going to get that much bigger just becasue he plays for New York or any of the other major megacities. If that were the case the Clippers should be ahead of the Knicks, they're willing to give him the money, and they have way better talent than what the Knicks have.

And if you want to talk about money, the Cavs have 30 million more reasons for to stay in Cleveland. The knicks can push as hard as they want, but to me it looks like thats it for them. If LBJ was that intrested in them, he would have signed by now. He's had months too look and analyze all of his options, if New York had that much weight they'd probably would have held out on Amamre for a while longer.

Gunz4Sale
07-05-2010, 06:09 PM
This arguement gets old quick. New York=more exposure? How exactly? He's arguably the mmost famous basketball player on earth, with the exception of Kobe. He has the hottest shoe out right now, his face is plastered everywhere, his endorsements arent miraculously going to get that much bigger just becasue he plays for New York or any of the other major megacities. If that were the case the Clippers should be ahead of the Knicks, they're willing to give him the money, and they have way better talent than what the Knicks have.

And if you want to talk about money, the Cavs have 30 million more reasons for to stay in Cleveland. The knicks can push as hard as they want, but to me it looks like thats it for them. If LBJ was that intrested in them, he would have signed by now. He's had months too look and analyze all of his options, if New York had that much weight they'd probably would have held out on Amamre for a while longer.

With that said, if he was interested in going back to Cleveland he'd have signed an extension. I don't think he lands w/ the Knicks but Jerz and Chicago are def in play. If he plays with the Net he still gets access to NYC when they move to BK. Plus he gets what will probably be the best owner in the NBA in Prokhorov. Son is like made of money and isn't scared to spend.

PeteSi
07-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Well, the Knicks had some accountant or whatever work out how much LeBron would get if he won a championship in NY vs Chicago or Miami. Apparently, he's looking at 1bil in NY. Which would be 33% less in Chicago and even less in Miami. But whatever. NY is a hard place to play in. If he ever gets in a slump and needs a confidence boost, the fans and media in NY will definitely not give it to him.

Scientific
I think Chi and Miami are why he hasnt signed with Cleveland yet.

Gunz4Sale
Well, the Knicks had some accountant or whatever work out how much LeBron would get if he won a championship in NY vs Chicago or Miami. Apparently, he's looking at 1bil in NY. Which would be 33% less in Chicago and even less in Miami. But whatever. NY is a hard place to play in. If he ever gets in a slump and needs a confidence boost, the fans and media in NY will definitely not give it to him.

The fans seemed loyal to those Knicks teams in the early and mid 1990s even though they never got over the hump.

Scientific
07-05-2010, 06:13 PM

How much would he lose from state income tax?

Gunz4Sale
07-05-2010, 06:14 PM
I think Chi and Miami are why he hasnt signed with Cleveland yet.

If Wade goes to Chi I think bron goes back to Cleveland. I honestly can't see them on the same squad, and Bosh has to sack ride one of the two to greatness. One of these teams with all this cap space are about to get locked out I bet. All that space, and no one to sign.

PeteSi
07-05-2010, 06:14 PM
The fans seemed loyal to those Knicks teams in the early and mid 1990s even though they never got over the hump.

They were winning in the mid 90s though. Anthony Mason, John Starks, those were easy players to root for. After their Allan Houston days, I don't think they've ever really got behind their team.

Gunz4Sale
07-05-2010, 06:15 PM

He'd pay that at any of his potential options except Miami, and even then it's probably like 10% which counts as a write off on his fed taxes anyway.

Scientific
07-05-2010, 06:15 PM
They were winning in the mid 90s though. Anthony Mason, John Starks, those were easy players to root for. After their Allan Houston days, I don't think they've ever really got behind their team.

That city is really screwed up in the head once they started chanting MVP for Kobe.

PeteSi
07-05-2010, 06:17 PM

We're talkin 1bil. I don't think it he'd care about taxes. Besides, im sure a big chunk of your money goes to lawyers and CPAs on that status level. That is, unless he's not in it for the money and just wants to be in a rap video with Jay-Z in Newark. lol

Gunz4Sale
07-05-2010, 06:17 PM

You dont think a squad with Bron, Amare, Danillo and possibly Tony Parker or Arenas could be that good? Curry's contract either gets moved now or after the 2010 season and that's worth 11 million. I've heard they might trade for Arenas, TP or make a run at Melo after the season.

PeteSi
07-05-2010, 06:18 PM
That city is really screwed up in the head once they started chanting MVP for Kobe.

Same city that prayed for the Jordan to drop 99points on the Knicks with a Knicks victory. lol They just want their cake and eat it too.

Gunz4Sale
07-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Same city that prayed for the Jordan to drop 99points on the Knicks with a Knicks victory. lol They just want their cake and eat it too.

Stars play their best games at MSG, the lights and the celebs bring it out of them.

Scientific
07-05-2010, 06:22 PM
Stars play their best games at MSG, the lights and the celebs bring it out of them.

Its been over a decade since that aura has been there. I hate to say it, but the stars show up at Staples.

PeteSi
07-05-2010, 06:22 PM
You dont think a squad with Bron, Amare, Danillo and possibly Tony Parker or Arenas could be that good? Curry's contract either gets moved now or after the 2010 season and that's worth 11 million. I've heard they might trade for Arenas, TP or make a run at Melo after the season.

Those guys are talented, but when I think of NY, I think of a certain asshole swagger. John Starks def had that. They'd complain about Parker being hurt with a lot of french jokes. They don't even like guns in NY, sorry Hibachi. And Amare isn't gonna get such easy baskets without Nash there. I am really interested to see how Amare will play without Nash. We all saw how Shawn Marion faired without Nash.

PeteSi
07-05-2010, 06:24 PM
Its been over a decade since that aura has been there. I hate to say it, but the stars show up at Staples.

Stars are bandwagoners. It doesn't help your career to get spotted watching a shitty team play. LeBron would change that. I don't think it would be like back in the days (aka the Mecca), but it would definitely be the place to be.

Gunz4Sale
07-05-2010, 06:27 PM

Stars are bandwagoners. It doesn't help your career to get spotted watching a shitty team play. LeBron would change that. I don't think it would be like back in the days (aka the Mecca), but it would definitely be the place to be.

Jayz, Spike, Denzel, and Woody Allen are there like almost nightly. Granted LA has more stars, but that's more about location and clmate imo. LA has much better weather and much closer to where the movies are usually shot.

PeteSi
07-05-2010, 06:29 PM
Spike Lee is a true Knicks/Basketball fan.

Scientific
07-05-2010, 06:34 PM
With everything thats been mentioned, why woudln't he go to the Clippers then, all things being equal? Major city, "more exposure", Hollywood, better talent than the Knicks. Under the New York Knicks theory, he'd be doing the same with the Clippers.

PeteSi
07-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Clippers can pay a max contract? Davis gets a shitload there.

Gunz4Sale
07-05-2010, 06:45 PM
With everything thats been mentioned, why woudln't he go to the Clippers then, all things being equal? Major city, "more exposure", Hollywood, better talent than the Knicks. Under the New York Knicks theory, he'd be doing the same with the Clippers.

Clippers can pay a max contract? Davis gets a shitload there.

2 reasons he won't go to the Clippers. Donald Sterling. He has to be the worst owner in the NBA. And yes they can offer him the max 16.9 per year.

khanhdom
07-05-2010, 06:48 PM
If lebron goes to NY, all the fans will be back in MSG and there will be that buzzing atmosphere again. Anywho, I haven't really kept up with the knicks, but they have shooters besides gallinari to surround him? they need shooters and good pg play. a team of melo and lebron won't work out also if they're trying to get him next year or whatever. Just sounds like a lot of ego clashing with bron, melo, and amare.

anywho I hope NY sucks and we get some high ass picks from them...lol

Gunz4Sale
07-05-2010, 06:55 PM
Now it's official David Lee won't be back. Someone is going to get a hella good player in Lee too.

PeteSi
07-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Amare + T-Mac should avg like 130 points a night. lol.

They have a decent squad if T-Mac gets it together. Is Al Harrington still on that team? They got Gallinari, Eddie House, David Lee, and I think they tried to get Channing Frye back.

Gunz4Sale
07-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Amare + T-Mac should avg like 130 points a night. lol.

They have a decent squad if T-Mac gets it together. Is Al Harrington still on that team? They got Gallinari, Eddie House, David Lee, and I think they tried to get Channing Frye back.

Frye resigned with Phoenix. Harrington is a FA, and Lee won't be back cause of Amare if I had to guess. Position duplication since neither is a real 5.

PeteSi
07-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Damn. That's alot of changes. Guess they're gonna suck lol

Scientific
07-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Damn. That's alot of changes. Guess they're gonna suck lol

No derrr. And forget about defense playing under D'Antoni.

And they're not resigning T-Mac, I doubt the Knicks could be that dumb.

Gunz4Sale
07-05-2010, 07:14 PM
No derrr. And forget about defense playing under D'Antoni.

And they're not resigning T-Mac, I doubt the Knicks could be that dumb.

Ya T-mac is trying hard to get LA to sign him lol. I bet Allen Iverson finds a job before T-mac.

PeteSi
07-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Hmm, Isiah Thomas was their GM. They're the only team to accept T-Mac. They still have Eddy Curry on their roster getting paid a ton. Yeah...I think they're still that dumb.

Gunz4Sale
07-05-2010, 07:18 PM
Hmm, Isiah Thomas was their GM. They're the only team to accept T-Mac. They still have Eddy Curry on their roster getting paid a ton. Yeah...I think they're still that dumb.

Poor Zeke, hasn't found much success after playing ball. The Knicks have done a pretty good job since Walsh came into town, I just wonder if they get 2 max guys who else do they sign to fill out the roster?

Gunz4Sale
07-05-2010, 07:28 PM
Shaq to the Hawks LMAO

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBUQqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnbcsports.msnbc.com%2Fid%2F380995 95%2Fns%2Fsports-player_news%2F&ei=k4YyTKXsLMO88gaRt6zICw&usg=AFQjCNHNR6wK0JBEUo6CP8qj48Uw0I59JA

khanhdom
07-05-2010, 07:30 PM
they're backup plan is bringing in felton with amare

Judging from his first comments in New York, Amar'e Stoudemire thinks along the same lines as Knick fans who are busy wondering why the team isn't making progress on a sign-and-trade for LeBron James.

Or why Donnie Walsh isn't calling the Thunder to ask about Kevin Durant's availability.

Or why Walsh hasn't made a move in the last two years for Dwight Howard.

Around here, everybody dreams big.

With the emphasis on "dream."

So when Stoudemire talked about playing at the Garden alongside Tony Parker and Carmelo Anthony, you knew he'd fit right in with all the other dreamers.

Dreamers don't worry about such small details as the salary cap or what teams are looking to get back for All-NBA performers such as Parker and Anthony. They live in a fantasy world and for them, the Knicks compete in a fantasy league.

So may we be the first to give Stoudemire a real-world take on the Knicks, who know they need to find a top-notch playmaker to get the most out of one of the best finishers in the game: If you bring up Parker Monday when you meet with Knicks brass, don't expect to hear that he's flying in from San Antonio.

The player the Knicks are more likely to tell Stoudemire about is Raymond Felton, the Charlotte playmaker who is free. Michael Jordan's Bobcats have moved on from Felton, who can play at Mike D'Antoni's preferred helter-skelter pace and would undoubtedly welcome the change from Larry Brown's highly structured halfcourt offense to a faster, looser style.

"He's on the Knicks' short list," one NBA executive said Sunday.

You know what list Parker is currently on? The wish-upon-a-star list.

Maybe Eva Longoria's better half will come to New York next summer, after his contract runs out.

But as for Parker being in the Knicks' starting lineup this coming season, Stoudemire might be disappointed to learn that it's quite unlikely. If he's surprised by that, well, he needs to take a look at the bare cupboard he's going to agree to join for around $96 million.

"The Spurs are going to want a ton," said the executive. "For one thing, they'll want a young franchise-type of player in return."

If the Nets, say, were to offer a package that included Derrick Favors, the third pick in the draft who is seen as a young Stoudemire, then the Spurs would strongly consider it. Favors and Tim Duncan would make a nice pairing, right?

As for the Knicks, Stoudemire is about to learn his first hard lesson in the big city.

The roster isn't exactly bursting with marketable assets.

He's not in Phoenix, anymore, in a lot of respects. When he was a Sun, the team's general managers, Bryan Colangelo and later Steve Kerr, always managed to have players who other teams wanted. So they were constantly able to tweak the roster and remake a playoff team that went to the Western Conference finals three times in a six-year span. Among the bigger moves:

Before the 2005-06 season, the Suns shipped out Joe Johnson for Boris Diaw, who had his best days playing under D'Antoni.

In 2007-08, the Suns sent Shawn Marion, a key member of the D'Antoni teams that went to two conference Finals, to Miami for Shaquille O'Neal.

In 2008-09, with D'Antoni coaching the Knicks and Diaw's play suffering, the Suns still converted him into a starting-quality player, Jason Richardson.

As the Suns were reloading and had Steve Nash to get the ball to Stoudemire, who has made an All-NBA team four of the last six seasons, the Knicks were busy unloading salaries. They could have kept their best pieces - Jamal Crawford and Zach Randolph - and had a nice, 38-win team that could have pushed for eighth place in the East.

But Donnie Walsh didn't come here to preside over a team destined for the treadmill of mediocrity. Anyone can do that.

Walsh had bigger plans, namely getting in position to make a run at a franchise player, the kind of talent that hardly ever goes on the open market. So he spent the last two seasons preparing for the great free-agent gold rush of 2010. The emphasis was on shipping out players and taking nothing of consequence in return, especially where the salary cap was concerned.

Even if LeBron James tells the Knicks no thanks, the game plan was definitely worth the try. Unless you know a better way to acquire the kind of player who can finally replace Patrick Ewing.

If you think you know, you probably also believe that the Knicks were stupid not to trade for Kobe Bryant a long time ago.

And other such fantasies.

mlawrence@nydailynews.com

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2010/07/05/2010-07-05_hope_looks_blind.html

PeteSi
07-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Ah yes. Raymond Felton. When I think of Felton, I automatically think poor man's LeBron.

tofuspeedster
07-05-2010, 10:15 PM
lol I forgot alll about Felton. Shit.

tofuspeedster
07-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Shaq to the Hawks LMAO

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBUQqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnbcsports.msnbc.com%2Fid%2F380995 95%2Fns%2Fsports-player_news%2F&ei=k4YyTKXsLMO88gaRt6zICw&usg=AFQjCNHNR6wK0JBEUo6CP8qj48Uw0I59JA

Shoot, Josh Smith on the chopping block? already. Hope they don't pick up the option on Childress either.

Houstone713
07-05-2010, 11:22 PM
somebody wake me up when all this free agents sign!

x_sl33py
07-05-2010, 11:40 PM
because it's the clippers. lol. knicks suck, but cmon now. the clippers? one of the worst if not the worst nba franchise of all time. plus LA is already laker town.

Scientific
07-06-2010, 04:26 PM
because it's the clippers. lol. knicks suck, but cmon now. the clippers? one of the worst if not the worst nba franchise of all time. plus LA is already laker town.

People say LeBron can turn any franchise around, he did it in Cleveland. And until recently, the Nets were just as stupid with their moves. Lets not kid ourselves, it wasn't long ago when the Cavs were as bad as the Clips.

Looking at the Clippers, I think they make plenty of sense. Oh, it would be so fun to see the irony of band wagoners suddenly rooting for the other L.A. team. He'd be splitting that city so fast. I'm sort of rooting for the Clippers now, if he goes there I'll root for them.

x_sl33py
07-06-2010, 06:25 PM
it would be funny if lebron signs a two year deal with the cavs and teams free up cap space again for him in 2012. that's also another rumor. lol

tuanieee
07-07-2010, 08:02 AM
bosh and wade in miami...

quangyyyyyyy
07-07-2010, 08:09 AM
bosh and wade in miami...

damn so much for bosh coming to houston

tuanieee
07-07-2010, 08:24 AM
yeah... they will just be a contender team with the extra money they have... unless the put together the right pieces... who knows

PeteSi
07-07-2010, 08:50 AM
Man. Bosh and Wade in Miami? That's awesome. They're gonna be so mediocre. But the clubs are gonna be packed with so many fineass hoes when they come through

Happy
07-07-2010, 09:01 AM
damn so much for bosh coming to houston

did anyone really think that was happening?

x_sl33py
07-07-2010, 09:18 AM
they are trying lure lebron james too. bosh/james/wade. not even fair.

knightjustice
07-07-2010, 09:23 AM
Man. Bosh and Wade in Miami? That's awesome. They're gonna be so mediocre. But the clubs are gonna be packed with so many fineass hoes when they come through

wrd.

Nega-Patio
07-07-2010, 09:25 AM

hey, medicore will get you like the 3 seed in the east

PeteSi
07-07-2010, 09:28 AM
hey, medicore will get you like the 3 seed in the east

actually, Cs are all gonna retire, Cavs are done, ATL overpaid. They might get a 2 seed lol.

knightjustice
07-07-2010, 09:28 AM
wade, bosh, lebron vs kobe, gasol & co

wrd

PeteSi
07-07-2010, 09:30 AM
wade, bosh, lebron vs AB, Scola, LeBron

wrd

fixed

knightjustice
07-07-2010, 09:33 AM
in your wet dreams

x_sl33py
07-07-2010, 09:34 AM
i think they will be better than mediocre. the heat were mediocre last year. with bosh wouldn't they be somewhat of a contender?

i am going out on a limb right now and say miami will win the east. after bosh, they still have 12 mil to spend. and they can sign there own players as well ala elton brand awhile ago, but he ended up jetting. so they can still bring back haslem/JO

x_sl33py
07-07-2010, 09:49 AM
i think lebron is staying the more i think about it. i don't think he has the guts to announce he is leaving on national tv.

tofuspeedster
07-07-2010, 11:04 AM
Bosh/Wade commit to Miami.

LeBron to Chi-Town.. we'll see tomm @ 8 on ESPN.

tofuspeedster
07-07-2010, 11:06 AM
YouTube- D. Wade Msg to Heat.MP4

Scientific
07-07-2010, 12:28 PM
How would Miami make it work though? Are they have to gut their team or a sign and trade?

Sl33py I thought the said Bynum was Tornoto's best option? lol

ICED@15K
07-07-2010, 12:33 PM
^Gut their team, trade beasley for more players, and HOPEFULLY have vets come play with them for next to nothing in hopes of winning a ring.

Also I believe the heat just drafted 3 players, so they're hoping they'll play for the rookie min. as well.

x_sl33py
07-07-2010, 01:03 PM
How would Miami make it work though? Are they have to gut their team or a sign and trade?

i guess letting him walk is the best option? that's why i don't get paid for being a gm. lol. at the end of the day bosh goes where he pleases. i am trying to tell my buddies and h-i bosh doesn't want to go to houston. you can have better trade options, but at the end of the day, bosh decides where he wants to go.

ICED@15K
07-07-2010, 01:11 PM

my bad i think i answered your question wrong. By the way it looks bosh is just going to sign straight up with miami

although even though toronto said they didn't want to do a sign and trade with miami that might be changing now that bosh has said he'll do either or.

tofuspeedster
07-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Wonder who Toronto would get in return? Would that put Beasley on the chopping block?

x_sl33py
07-07-2010, 01:18 PM
do u guys think that acquiring bosh will be like LA acquiring Gasol? 45 win team acquiring a talented big and all of a sudden winning titles? i will have to see the final roster and where lebron signs, but i wouldn't be surprised if this team is in the finals.

Scientific
07-07-2010, 01:23 PM
do u guys think that acquiring bosh will be like LA acquiring Gasol? 45 win team acquiring a talented big and all of a sudden winning titles? i will have to see the final roster and where lebron signs, but i wouldn't be surprised if this team is in the finals.

Hell no. The Lakers were a legit contender before they got Gasol. Once he got there, L.A. was the most domininat team. Wade/Bosh will and should be a Eastern confrence powerhouse for sure, but that doesnt mean they'll even be better than the Thunder.

And I know you shouldnt be a GM. I said exactly that, Toronto would much rather just let him leave, they save the money, and just rebuild.

LiLS
07-07-2010, 01:23 PM
i knew houston wasnt gonna get shit, gayy

tofuspeedster
07-07-2010, 01:29 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/2iqin4o.png

ICED@15K
07-07-2010, 01:34 PM
^that's an awesome picture.

x_sl33py
07-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Hell no. The Lakers were a legit contender before they got Gasol. Once he got there, L.A. was the most domininat team. Wade/Bosh will and should be a Eastern confrence powerhouse for sure, but that doesnt mean they'll even be better than the Thunder.

And I know you shouldnt be a GM. I said exactly that, Toronto would much rather just let him leave, they save the money, and just rebuild.

the lakers were a 7th seed who were getting bounced by the suns. with bynum injured before the trade, they were going down that path again in 08. they get gasol and make it to the finals in 08. lakers were not a contender before gasol came.