PDA

View Full Version : does drinking alcohol hours after your workout

stkteg
06-14-2010, 05:22 PM
does drinking alcohol after your workout really kill your workout ?

cereal foreal
06-14-2010, 05:33 PM
It doesn't really go like that. Working out regardless of your diet will be beneficial because of muscle memory and the energy you expended during your workout. But alcohol is a separate issue.

I try to avoid it as much as I can. The only way it could kill your workout is by consuming enough alcohol to dehydrate your organs enough to where your body isn't functioning as efficiently as it should. A drink or so won't hurt, or multiple drinks is acceptable as long as you eat a lot of fat and salt before and after drinking a lot.

However, if I do drink, I'll get a drink or two on a semi-empty stomach so I get buzzed quickly and I stop there (but I make sure I drink on my off-days). I drink plenty of water between and after drinking, and I get some greasy food after I'm done dancing or whatever so my body will absorb the extra water I need. Just be smart. But if you're one of those people that "need" alcohol to have fun, then it'll definitely take a toll on your body. Sometimes even one weak drink will have me feeling good to where I don't need to drink anymore.

stkteg
06-14-2010, 05:36 PM
thanks bro