PDA

View Full Version : Personal Training

Enomojo
05-26-2010, 11:44 PM
just out curiousity based on all the threads and questions regarding fitnessh ave you ever considered getting a personal traiiner? if not why? and those who have consulted a trainer did you see any results.

rambamohdam
06-03-2010, 12:26 AM
IMO with all the personal trainers i've seen and the trainers i tried out whenever they offered it for free.. its all burnout exercises.. which will definitely make you sweat to lose extra water weight, and definitely get your sore as shit for the next week or so.. but thats just from my own experience.

UNLESS your big balling and get yourself a well known personal trainer who didnt just pay cash for a certificate.

koolaider
06-03-2010, 02:31 AM
cause personal trainer are expensive, and there are plethora of information on the .net that you can find. It just takes a lot of dedication and motivation to do things yourself. Plus some people here know there stuff and are helpful :thumb:

ZEDBIMMER
06-03-2010, 04:47 AM
Get a partner

DUBGURL19
06-03-2010, 05:49 AM
It really depends on your goals, they are useful if you are new and need to be shown proper form and what to do, the key is to learn from them so you can venture out on your own.

A regular workout partner is not going to hold your hand the way a trainer may. I have used trainers in the past and while in training I use one as well.

all depends on your expectations out of the relationship.

Enomojo
06-03-2010, 09:09 AM
Interesting responses. Btw I'm a Certified personal trainer and No i didn't just pay cash for a certificate from an non-credited source but through NASM in all Certifications they offer. I am just doing a little research on the experiences people have pros and cons regarding trainers and thoughts.

k20hatchR
06-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Interesting responses. Btw I'm a Certified personal trainer and No i didn't just pay cash for a certificate from an non-credited source but through NASM in all Certifications they offer. I am just doing a little research on the experiences people have pros and cons regarding trainers and thoughts.

When I first got into lifting I used a trainer and that is where I learned most of my form and lifting, after a few years of doing it on my own I fell in a rut as we all do and yes I was motivated but I was lacking in one area and he helped me through my plateu and say more results with him and his guidence then on my own. It depends on how determined you are if your considering it then price won't be an issue if the trainer is worth it...

The Diesel
06-04-2010, 12:39 AM
Just do like most people do for every hobby or lifestyle, join a forum. Thats where you find all the professionals, the hardcore and most the knowledgeable people on whatever the topic may be.

ZEDBIMMER
06-04-2010, 01:00 AM

I had an asshole fitness trainer, didn't want me to rest, worked me like an African American slave. In less than 3 months I was sprouting a 4 pack with a few pounds of muscle, damn he worked me.

DUBGURL19
06-04-2010, 06:10 AM

I am NASM certified as well but still see value in a trainer - Layne Norton is my nutritionist and trainer.

tancivic02
06-10-2010, 09:04 AM
Get a partner

^ this.

I have currently been working out with a trainer for a month and a half 3 to 4 times a week. I paid for 36 sessions so at 4 times a week I will be done at the beginning of July. lets just say I paid more than I care to mention. hiring a trainer to push me to a level I have always wanted to achieve is something that has always interested me. I have gained 16 lbs of lean mass since I started with him on suppliments and diet. although these results did impress me, I think its something that wouldve been easily achieveable with the right workout partner that is just as motivated to push themselves hard in the gym as I am. the main thing I learned from my trainer is the right kind of diet and suppliments to use to get your desired results.

k20hatchR
06-10-2010, 09:35 AM
I am NASM certified as well but still see value in a trainer - Layne Norton is my nutritionist and trainer.

IS HE IN HOUSTON?