PDA

View Full Version : drop honda accord 07

tcboy
05-10-2010, 10:12 AM
i want to drop my accord 07. i wanna drop it like 2-3 inches.. i dnt wanna put coilovers or bags... can i do it only by dropping springs??

icemanimports
05-10-2010, 11:08 AM
i want to drop my accord 07. i wanna drop it like 2-3 inches.. i dnt wanna put coilovers or bags... can i do it only by dropping springs??

the short answer is, probably. i think that tanabe makes a set of "vip" springs that slams a car, but idk if they make a set for your car. there are other companies that make slam springs idk exactly which ones.

the long answer is that you will be sacrificing any form of handling that you would be expecting to get, this is because going that low with stock struts will make it bouncy and hard to keep from shuttering around hard corners. i personally had my old prelude slammed to 1.4 inch ground clearance with some sleeve overs and agx sturts and it still was to hard to handle for 90% of the people i let try and drive it.

personally i would revise the idea of a dump, but i understand the desire for the tucked look.

icemanimports
05-10-2010, 11:09 AM
coilovers are just great cuz you can dump it at the show and then go set it for a track and just fckin fly with out changing out your springs just my 3 cents.

tcboy
05-11-2010, 01:31 AM
i really appreciate both answers. short and long.. so if i just drop it 1-2 inches, do i still have the same problem with handling??

icemanimports
05-11-2010, 09:30 AM
nope. my civic is dropped about 1.5 inch all around on factory struts, it rides well but is a little sloshy, this is easily resolved with better struts or a big rear swaybar. also you can dump it out with true coilovers and it wont really risk lost handling but thats y they cost as much as some EG and delsol's do

tcboy
05-11-2010, 10:02 PM
EVEN IF I TRY TO DROP IT JUST ONE INCH I STILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM??

icemanimports
05-12-2010, 11:06 AM
no. im saying that springs are a compromise the lower you go with just a spring the more likely it is to not perform as well. most companies get the really low stance by using a softer spring, which means you ride sloshy. with an adjustable spring you get ride hide mod-abilty but you sacrifice a comfy ride. with coilovers you get both cuz the strut is designed to deal with the change in spring rate/travel. air bags are just a bad idea if you want anything other than a slammer in the P-lot.

tcboy
05-13-2010, 01:18 AM
well, i just want my accord to show off.. i dnt want it for race but i do want it to look nice... i also dnt want anything that will cost xtra money.. like new struts if i get just springs or a ship suspension.. WHAT WILL YOU HIGHLY RECOMMEND??

inlinesix
05-13-2010, 02:13 AM
If you want to go that low, I recommend saving up for a coilover setup. Anything past 1.5-2in in drop springs will ride pretty shitty. Your basic coilover set up like, Function & Form, Ksport, D2's, that don't have adjustable dampening will run you about 600-700 new. For the money, you can't go wrong. Now if you're willing to spend a few hundred dollars more, look into Koni Yellows and Ground Control coilovers. I hear these ride smooth but are able to give you the dumpt look. But obviously the lower you go, the more you sacrifice ride quality. So I would see what works out best for you and go from there.

icemanimports
05-13-2010, 05:05 PM
too look clean cheaply just get a set of 2 inch drop springs from eibach or some one like that, Ground control makes a set of non-adjustable sets thats kinda inexpensive.

tcboy
05-14-2010, 10:11 PM
THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO YOU JUST PROVIDED.. BUT I DIDNT UNDERSTAND A WORD OF WHAT YOU WROTE.. IT LOOKS LIKE IF I SPEND A LOT OF MONEY I WILL HAVE SOMETHING GOOD BUT I WILL SACRIFICE THE RIDE ANYWAY. IF I GO JUST WITH SOME 2" SPRINGS THE CAR WILL LOOK GREAT BUT HERE IS MY QUESTION. IF I GO WITH SOMETHING SHIP I CAN DAMAGE THE CAR'S SUSPENSION ETC?? IF THAT CORRECT??

icemanimports
05-15-2010, 06:52 AM
2in drop should not damage suspension components.

they will ride nice at normal speeds and cornering

they will not be good for taking to the track or racing on a freeway etc.

they will make your car look pretty clean, just not sittin on the ground

they will be a smidge bouncy but not noticeably.

tcboy
05-15-2010, 09:02 PM
you are saying i will no be able to go more than 70 mph on freeway... or i wont be able to speed up..

icemanimports
05-16-2010, 01:42 PM
No im not saying that. it will just be more likely to bounce a little when you go over a bump at speed instead of soaking it up like a stock set up. idk how else to tell you what i have told you. 2inch= what you want end of story, unless you wana spend 800+ dollars.

inlinesix
05-19-2010, 02:31 AM
THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO YOU JUST PROVIDED.. BUT I DIDNT UNDERSTAND A WORD OF WHAT YOU WROTE.. IT LOOKS LIKE IF I SPEND A LOT OF MONEY I WILL HAVE SOMETHING GOOD BUT I WILL SACRIFICE THE RIDE ANYWAY. IF I GO JUST WITH SOME 2" SPRINGS THE CAR WILL LOOK GREAT BUT HERE IS MY QUESTION. IF I GO WITH SOMETHING SHIP I CAN DAMAGE THE CAR'S SUSPENSION ETC?? IF THAT CORRECT??

Well, lowering the car in any form or fashion will sacrifice ride quality no matter what. It depends on what setup you go with that will determine how the ride quality will be. Going with 2in. drop springs will be pretty bouncy since your struts are not valved for that spring rate. Going with a coilover setup like I mentioned will give you a much better ride quality over drop springs and stock struts, but then again you will sacrifice ride quality for the lowered look, but it will be much better than the drop springs. Gotta pay to play.

icemanimports
05-19-2010, 06:49 AM
^^^dude i already told him that. it just confused him more.

tcboy
05-20-2010, 12:11 AM
okay, we are debating here for a suspension. when all you say sacrifiying ride quality what that really means??

icemanimports
05-20-2010, 06:12 AM
when you go over a bump you are gonna rattle your teeth. the lower you go the more/harder they will rattle. so slamming+time=expensive dental work.
also low cars tend to make you back hurt a bit more than stock ones.

tcboy
05-29-2010, 12:06 AM
got it!!!