PDA

View Full Version : eg suspension set up?

That_KiD
05-03-2010, 07:39 PM
i had an mr2 and loved the handling. So now in my eg hatch out and about driving a little spiritly thru the "forest run" and i would get massive oversteer at times. Im lowered on skunk2 coilovers my camber is pretty close to where it should be not perfect tho. My tires are pretty new about 80%. So i wanna correct this problem and im sure some of it is driver error i know im not perfect but i dont believe im a shitty driver either. What suspension upgrades will help me corner a little better? I was told a huge rear sway bar will greatly help..

rage
05-03-2010, 08:20 PM
a bigger rear sway bar will stiffen the rear and would make it more prone to oversteer (rear coming out). a big front sway bar would make it more neutral, though

icemanimports
05-03-2010, 09:07 PM
another way to achieve this is to raise the front slightly higher than the back, about .25 inch would be more than plenty to calm down the rear. the other thing that will prevent oversteer in a FF car is to press the right pedal harder, and alot less trail breaking.

icemanimports
05-03-2010, 09:08 PM
also if you wish to make your ride alittle more stable then use a slightly negative rear camber and get the front as close to zero as you can, this will make the rear far more stable than the front since its stance will be slightly wider.

*note by slight i mean as little or as much as it takes to make you happy with the handling. the oppisite will allow you to drift your FF like you would in auto X.

That_KiD
05-04-2010, 12:45 PM
thanks much...the front is slightly higher than the rear already...any front sway bar recomndations?.. I need to invest in camber kits maybe in 2 weeks or so when payday comes back around :)

YesSiR
05-04-2010, 08:46 PM
a bigger rear sway bar will stiffen the rear and would make it more prone to oversteer (rear coming out). a big front sway bar would make it more neutral, though
what he said

That_KiD
05-15-2010, 10:16 AM
...looking to replace bushings on my lower front... a-arm??? Ive looked around and found kits for like power steering, rear lower control arms, and trailing arms but nothing for the front unless its called something else or ive just missed it.

Where can I pick up a set of bushings for a eg hatch mine are shot.

Should i just take it to a place like break check midas or something and have them replace them?

this doesnt even seem safe, I can move my tire a good bit while its in the air. The whole thing is moving from where that lower a-arm connects to the body of the car.