PDA

View Full Version : Work at Home Apple Tech Support Position

CandymanVending
04-19-2010, 10:31 AM
Thought I would post this up for some of you guys. The position is for Iphone/Ipod tech support for Apple through Kelly Services pay is $9.15 per hour plus bonuses and they send you an Imac computer and you work from home. Thats all I know :thumb:

https://kellycareernetwork.tms.hrdepartment.com/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=61962&lcid=en-US

hektic
04-19-2010, 10:47 AM
nice one.

Bomb0314
04-19-2010, 01:04 PM
applied. thanks

sully
04-19-2010, 02:22 PM
just applied. job right now would be the shit.

Robert.C
04-19-2010, 02:35 PM
Nicccccce

hektic
04-22-2010, 09:39 AM
anyone get a call?

"that boy asad"
04-22-2010, 09:41 AM
that's a crappy pay for an Apple tech position, I make more being a sales rep @ Apple...

phork
04-22-2010, 12:13 PM
that's a crappy pay for an Apple tech position, I make more being a sales rep @ Apple...

it's a generic tech support position. plus they don't even mention the need to be experienced with the iPhone or iPod so all you'll be doing is asking a question, clicking yes or no on a page and then going to the next step. ask yes or no and then the next step until it done.

it's kind of like when i have to call dell when i have a problem with one of my servers and i need a replacement part. usually i just tell the tech on the phone to flip to page 45, write that it's a faulty part and send me a replacement.

kthxbai
04-22-2010, 08:34 PM
its also work at home...

extremest
04-23-2010, 11:41 AM
I recieved a call back for this position. You have to sign a contract for at least a year from what the guy was telling me. Be available from 8am-11pm, 7 days a week. Average 23 hours a week, possibly more. But you "have" to be at home and available through these timess everyday. Who can survive off that? not me

Robert.C
04-23-2010, 12:12 PM
at home, or somewhere there's a internet connection :hsugh:

wouldn't mind that if it wasnt sat and sun too :hsrun:

CandymanVending
04-23-2010, 12:27 PM
They say your availabilty must be 8-11pm because they only have 3 shifts to choose from when you start not you must stay at home lol. These are the shifts from what I heard and you choose your own shift. Sat and Sun shifts run anytime between 8am-8pm.

Monday-Friday
6am-4pm
10am-7pm
2pm-11pm

newton
04-23-2010, 12:27 PM
What happens if you break the contract? Doesn't seem like a job for people who need to go to school, as much as I want it to be.

CandymanVending
04-23-2010, 12:37 PM
What happens if you break the contract? Doesn't seem like a job for people who need to go to school, as much as I want it to be.

My friend got the job I asked her and she said there wasnt a contract they just told her training starts May 10 and May 17th and she picked her preferred shift. I dunno if maybe they changed things but she just went through the process a week ago.

DTN
04-23-2010, 01:34 PM

You should make more assuming you get commission off of sales whereas tech support just receives their hourly pay. Unless you meant your hourly pay is more than the hourly pay of tech support.

Banky300z
04-23-2010, 08:52 PM
I recieved a call back for this position. You have to sign a contract for at least a year from what the guy was telling me. Be available from 8am-11pm, 7 days a week. Average 23 hours a week, possibly more. But you "have" to be at home and available through these timess everyday. Who can survive off that? not me

Well, if you're a house husband/wife or a college kid or whatever, it's extra cash. I'd rather work in an Apple store though.

extremest
04-24-2010, 08:49 AM
They say your availabilty must be 8-11pm because they only have 3 shifts to choose from when you start not you must stay at home lol. These are the shifts from what I heard and you choose your own shift. Sat and Sun shifts run anytime between 8am-8pm.

Monday-Friday
6am-4pm
10am-7pm
2pm-11pm

Uh no. That is what the guy from Kelly Services told me. Its like an on call position 7 days a week. Have you even spoken with anyone from Kelly or are you just hearing from word of mouth?

Robert.C
04-24-2010, 12:06 PM
Uh no. That is what the guy from Kelly Services told me. Its like an on call position 7 days a week. Have you even spoken with anyone from Kelly or are you just hearing from word of mouth?

My friend got the job I asked her and she said there wasnt a contract they just told her training starts May 10 and May 17th and she picked her preferred shift. I dunno if maybe they changed things but she just went through the process a week ago.

extremest
04-25-2010, 10:44 AM
Ah ok. Regardless the rep said their average workers work 23 hours a week, so sounds like you have to be home from the 10 hour window, but only paid for when your helping someone, 7 days a week though.

CandymanVending
04-28-2010, 10:50 AM
This is what the schedule guideline the Apple project will require. We can outline and will do all we can, but will not guarantee schedules, based on Apple requirements.
Flexibility will be key and we appreciate that for the Apple requirements.

Thank you and good luck on your Apple@home assignment!

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** **************************

Schedule: Must be able to work a flexible schedule between 6:00 AM and 11:30 PM CST Monday-Friday and 8:00 AM - 8:30 PM CST Saturday-Sunday. Hours will be part-time (24 hours) based on schedule and business requirements. Opportunity to work full-time (38 hours) based on business needs, availability, and employee performance. Full-time status between Christmas and New Years, June or July, and as needed.

We can outline the general Day, Mid Day and Evening buckets, BUT we need to stress that these are guidelines, and we will not be in any position to guarantee them. Our schedules will be based on Apple requirements which will vary and they will not receive official schedules until the end of their Training.

General Ranges Central Time
Day Time 6 - 4 PM
Mid Day 10 - 7 PM
Evening 2 - 11 PM
Must be available to work weekends
Full time employment (approx 38-40 hours/week) during training and for the seasonal production period; which is anticipated to last thru July. They will transition to Part Time (approx. 24 hours / week) once the seasonal volume reduces. Some Full time schedules will be available ongoing and top performers will earn those schedules
Programs Hours of Operation are from 6: 00 am - 11:00 PM Monday - Friday and 8:00 am -8:00 pm Saturday and Sunday. Must be available to work weekends.
Class times/schedules while in training may vary from Production schedules based on client need and performance.
Training: They will be placed in one of the three training shifts for 4 weeks.

8AM-5PM CST

10AM-7PM CST

11AM-8PM CST

Thanks !

KellyConnect | Apple FlexForward | Kelly Services, Inc. | 877-617-9378 |

xchrisonfiyax
04-29-2010, 06:59 AM
damn i never get a call back from anything...lucky mofo's

Robert.C
04-29-2010, 10:24 AM
damn i never get a call back from anything...lucky mofo's