PDA

View Full Version : whats a good entry level spring for ek

Sher1_ZN
04-06-2010, 02:25 PM
guys,

i need to get myself some new lowering springs as the ones i had have collapsed:weirdo:

it seems everyone loves TEIN.... which from what iv seen, is around $170, but i do know there are tons of fakes doing the rounds....

Im looking for something with a nice comfy ride as I do ALOT of mileage....the drop is sorta important...but not the determining factor...on my old springs - which were OEM compressed springs... had about a 3 finger space between the tire and the wheel arch all round, so i was happy with that...

what do you guys reckon is a decent bet.... obviously i would love full coils, but i dont have the cash to invest in a top line suspension just yet.

LMK pls guys.

icemanimports
04-07-2010, 06:37 AM
eibock sport lines are nice for high mileage drivers: small drop on ek's about, 1.5 inch; not a hard spring so its easy to drive on ruff-ish streets; and they dont bounce with the stock strut so there is no real need to get performance struts unless you want to.
also i have a set of ebay 50 dollar specials on my EM1 si and its been 3 years now with no problems regarding ride quality or performance.

Sher1_ZN
04-07-2010, 07:04 AM
thanks mate!

yip i know eibach are great, but iv heard stories with them collapsing, which is weird but unfortunate.

hows them ebay specials? ride?

icemanimports
04-07-2010, 01:20 PM
for cheap springs they ride really nice. one brick or cobblestone roads its pretty bad but on any conventional surface they are smooth. also i drive autox and super hard driving daily and they have little or no sag from the day i put'em on. great cornering.

icemanimports
04-07-2010, 01:22 PM
the key is to get a good spring rate (8kg front 6 kg back) this will work well with a stock strut and be hard enought they would like never sag from a light car like a civic.

CivicR
04-07-2010, 05:48 PM
I have Tein springs on my car now, rides pretty good and has a nice drop also. I think it's like 1.9" drop. Looking to upgrade though.

Sher1_ZN
04-07-2010, 05:59 PM
sell me your teins :P