PDA

View Full Version : Vw coilovers

dropped90accord
03-30-2010, 07:58 PM
Looking for some coilovers for my 92 gti (mk2) any1 have any suggestions for some coilovers... Not looking to spend more on coilovers than what's the cars worth... Some decent for daily driving thanks... Not looking for those cheapo coilover inserts either

MJM Autohaus
03-30-2010, 09:55 PM
Looking for some coilovers for my 92 gti (mk2) any1 have any suggestions for some coilovers... Not looking to spend more on coilovers than what's the cars worth... Some decent for daily driving thanks... Not looking for those cheapo coilover inserts either

We can do Eibach, Bilstein, or H&R Coilovers (all in stock). B&G and KONIs are backordered right now, though. If you're on a budget, then none of these will probably work for you, as they're all quality-made kits (most with lifetime warranty). They do have "sleeve" kits and stuff like "V-Maxx" for what you can buy a head-unit for if you're trying to save money.

syntheticGT
03-31-2010, 09:21 AM

lol...a decent set of coilovers will run you $900-1000. And Im not talking about K-sport/D2/insert random name here. Those brand new companies all came out with coilovers when the dumpt trend hit. The real brands, like those mentioned above, are what you really want if you want a decent daily ride.

icemanimports
03-31-2010, 04:50 PM
d2 rides awesome and has been around for like ever in euro seen. just look at all the DTM cars that run one version or another of D2 products. as for the cost issue. D2 makes several levels of coilover kits and each one is price pointed appropriately for the purpose. as for H&R and other expensive brands; please understand that you get what you pay for. d2 (lowest kit) rides OK and performs OK on prolonged track use but expect it to over heat after 10 laps. the premium models and brands will be more suited to prolonged track running (30+ laps), and may not be able to ride as well on a street situation.

blazesxt
04-01-2010, 07:01 AM
RACELANDS!

dropped90accord
04-01-2010, 08:55 AM
Yea that's what I ordered last night was a set if racelands... All I need them for is a nice stance not dumpt... I know it's " you pay for what you get" but not gonna spend $1000+ on suspension on a car I'm not gonna keep for much longer anyway... I've read alot of reviews on vortex about them and for the money there a good deal...

blazesxt
04-01-2010, 09:52 AM
yep..ordered a set for my miata as well..i know its cheap but i didnt plan on tracking my miata anyway..just a nice subtle drop and thats it.

hope it works out good for you.

dropped90accord
04-01-2010, 11:45 AM
If the racelands don't work out for me I'm jus gonna keep the car and bag it...I know laidneon(dan) wants to bagg it anyway... He's gonna help me install the coilovers possibly next week