PDA

View Full Version : New York Life

Billyb0b
02-24-2010, 08:24 PM
Hi guys, I was just wondering if any fellow HI members have worked at New York Life or had any experience there. Or if you know anyone that has, how was their experience? How's the salary, work environment, management, etc...? I have an interview this friday. The manager said my resume was forwarded to him from another hiring manager so I'm kind of skeptic to which position this is...

AXaznAX
02-25-2010, 03:07 PM
It's probably a sales position. One of my aunts work for NYL. She said it was ok. She recently changed to different company because they allowed her to sell more products other than life insurance.

Cloud Nine
02-25-2010, 03:14 PM
expensive as hell

iceburgphyve
02-25-2010, 04:21 PM
If you like sales and have no problem working on commission, then by all means go for it. I interned there some years back. They have in house training where you learn the products in depth. I shadowed some of the senior Agents there also. They'll answer any questions you have (if you decide to pursue the position). Basically, if you like sales, have a large network of potential clients/book of business, you will do just fine.

socold57
02-25-2010, 04:34 PM
its a sales job. life insurance is the hardest insurance to sell but you make the most money.

new york life is the best life insurance you can buy and work for. they are number 1 and don't believe anybody else thats tell you its not.

did you already pass the test?

and i dont not work for nyl i work for state farm booooo

Billyb0b
02-25-2010, 07:08 PM
If you like sales and have no problem working on commission, then by all means go for it. I interned there some years back. They have in house training where you learn the products in depth. I shadowed some of the senior Agents there also. They'll answer any questions you have (if you decide to pursue the position). Basically, if you like sales, have a large network of potential clients/book of business, you will do just fine.

how is the pay for the intern position? would i qualify for tuition reimbursement?

iceburgphyve
03-02-2010, 12:45 AM
how is the pay for the intern position? would i qualify for tuition reimbursement?

I was paid commission. Whatever I sold I made money on. As far as the tuition reimbursement, I want to say no but you would have to check with them just to be sure.