PDA

View Full Version : 2010 NFL Off Season Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

ThaJokaa
01-03-2010, 09:25 PM
We we finshed 9-7 :rock: 1st winning record, but missed the playoffs by acouple of plays :facepalm:

Let us discuss what will come for the 2010-2011 season.

Matt Schaub got a contract extension today.

Will Kyle leave to go coach with his dad?

Will Kubiak be back next season? (YES)

Will we draft/sign a new kicker?

Will we release RB Chris Brown?

What about Arian Foster? Can he be our new star RB?

Drift Gangsta
01-03-2010, 09:33 PM
chris brown sucks. please get rid of him.

RSX_So
01-03-2010, 09:36 PM

+1

Andrewaf1
01-03-2010, 09:48 PM
plz. bye cris brown. you made me :facepalm: all season.

Mazda6
01-03-2010, 10:08 PM
too early to tell.. all depends on the CB agreement.. could be uncapped or capped..

I see a duo of Slaton/Foster with a big back coming in.
I see the offense coming back the way they are with a different LG and Center.
I see a FAT ASS first round DT to take up space.
Duanta will see the market wont give him crazy money and he will probably be back. An upgrade of FS might happen.

Other than that, I see everything else will be the same. Kris Brown will have a job in the preseason and will hold it unless struggles.

Super Mario
01-03-2010, 10:26 PM
From the looks of it earlier it looked like mcnair gave em a goodbye hug

wardzach2007
01-03-2010, 10:29 PM

olstudios
01-03-2010, 10:30 PM
Hopefully OD comes right back to work. I know its going to be tough because its a major injury, but we need a owen daniels.

I think foster is a really good back that could become a star he proved himself over the past two weeks.

I'm excited to see what happens with the team hopefully next season we have a even better season.

Mazda6
01-03-2010, 11:09 PM
you know who would be a good big running back... Lendale White

x_sl33py
01-03-2010, 11:17 PM
you know who would be a good big running back... Lendale White

I think I like the Foster/Slaton/Moats backfield is solid next year. I would definitely be ok with drafting CJ Spiller though if he fell in the draft. Jahvid Best is another rb i would like too. I think i just want to find any rb that resembles chris johnson now. if we resign all our key players, i think our priority is definitely CB/FS/DT in the offseason. right now, i trust rick smith and our front office. I don't think we need any big name signings, just build through the draft.

we need to find a new kicker too.

jive_turkey
01-03-2010, 11:27 PM
well heres my prediction, and a few statements

First of all I am extremely pissed that this thread is even made...... Not at the thread creator, just at the fact that The bengals just got smashed 37-0. I feel like the Texans deserve the playoffs more than the Jets, but maybe because I am a fan. But on to the offseason...

I see all the coaching staff and administrative staff staying right where they are. They know exactly what needs to be done after this season's display of woes.

First of all, obviously Kris Brown needs to be released, or needs to see a psychiatrist. He has always been consistent in his career, until this year. I wouldn't mind releasing him and picking up someone or maybe drafting someone fresh in a later round.

Now as for the draft pick, the only thing I see happening is running back first round. I love what slaton did in his rookie season, but lets face it. Slaton is not an NFL Running back. He was a running back in a spread offense in college, and has had a few bright spots but I don't see him being THE back in the offense, but I definetely see him maybe bulking up and being A back in the offense. I would personally love to draft CJ Spiller, as he is Reggie Bush-like in terms of playmaking with the ball in his hands. Swing passes or screens to Spiller would be magnificent. Another person, who happens to be my favorite college player, is Eric Berry of Tennessee. Hard hitting, "takes good angles", has a nose for the ball, and can play either safety, maybe even corner. I have always wanted the texans to draft a Hard hitting safety - Particularly Reggie Nelson 2 years ago, but the Jaguars got him. Picking up a run stuffing D-lineman, maybe someone like Pat/Kevin Williams, I think one of them are almost out of contract- That would be a good free agency pick up.

Thats my take. Good season Texans. Things can only go up from here.

civic_tx
01-03-2010, 11:52 PM
I say sign Reggie Bush or trade for Tashard Choice,forget Slaton

ThaJokaa
01-03-2010, 11:55 PM
well heres my prediction, and a few statements

First of all I am extremely pissed that this thread is even made...... Not at the thread creator, just at the fact that The bengals just got smashed 37-0. I feel like the Texans deserve the playoffs more than the Jets, but maybe because I am a fan. But on to the offseason...

I see all the coaching staff and administrative staff staying right where they are. They know exactly what needs to be done after this season's display of woes.

First of all, obviously Kris Brown needs to be released, or needs to see a psychiatrist. He has always been consistent in his career, until this year. I wouldn't mind releasing him and picking up someone or maybe drafting someone fresh in a later round.

Now as for the draft pick, the only thing I see happening is running back first round. I love what slaton did in his rookie season, but lets face it. Slaton is not an NFL Running back. He was a running back in a spread offense in college, and has had a few bright spots but I don't see him being THE back in the offense, but I definetely see him maybe bulking up and being A back in the offense. I would personally love to draft CJ Spiller, as he is Reggie Bush-like in terms of playmaking with the ball in his hands. Swing passes or screens to Spiller would be magnificent. Another person, who happens to be my favorite college player, is Eric Berry of Tennessee. Hard hitting, "takes good angles", has a nose for the ball, and can play either safety, maybe even corner. I have always wanted the texans to draft a Hard hitting safety - Particularly Reggie Nelson 2 years ago, but the Jaguars got him. Picking up a run stuffing D-lineman, maybe someone like Pat/Kevin Williams, I think one of them are almost out of contract- That would be a good free agency pick up.

Thats my take. Good season Texans. Things can only go up from here.

im sure we all were

I say sign Reggie Bush or trade for Tashard Choice,forget Slaton

why sign him? he didnt do anything or has done anything since he's been signed

HPorkchopD
01-04-2010, 07:18 AM
Why not keep that draft choice youre using for a RB and use it for something else? Give Foster a chance.

Gunz4Sale
01-04-2010, 07:24 AM
Slaton isn't a bad back at all he just has to stop fumbling. Seems like coaching him up could help with that. Fumbling is a correctable thing, but he has talent and you cant coach that.

87Supra
01-04-2010, 07:51 AM

yes please!!!

knightjustice
01-04-2010, 08:24 AM
Added head coach Gary Kubiak, who McNair confirmed will return for a fifth season in 2010 : “Obviously, we wanted to get in. I feel good about the way we finished and the steps the team took to get us closer to where we want to be.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6797353.html

mtran
01-04-2010, 08:39 AM
kris brown costed us like 3 games.

PeteSi
01-04-2010, 09:17 AM
I still want some help in the secondary.

wardzach2007
01-04-2010, 10:11 AM
kris brown costed us like 3 games.

Not only that but he could of sent us into overtime I believe twice this season and gave us a chance when we had the momentum.

But what did he do????? He pulled a Kris Brown. :facepalm:

HPorkchopD
01-04-2010, 10:37 AM
I still want some help in the secondary.

mos def agreed. they couldnt have held Welker for an entire game...look at the trouble they were having with Edelman.

michael123
01-04-2010, 11:08 AM
lets draft a kicker, look at KC succop is a helluva kicker and the dude was drafted last.

Mazda6
01-04-2010, 04:40 PM
you usually dont draft kickers.. they mostly go undrafted

PlatES300
01-04-2010, 06:06 PM
mos def agreed. they couldnt have held Welker for an entire game...look at the trouble they were having with Edelman.

free safety and corner back for sure. not really happy with our d-line but if we could upgrade the NT position, I'm all for it.

projecks15
01-04-2010, 07:05 PM
100% agree on safety and CB. I wonder if its possible for the Texans to draft Eric Berrry or Taylor Mays. A lot of good safety and CB in most mockdraft I've seen in the first round

Trae*
01-04-2010, 08:04 PM
100% agree on safety and CB. I wonder if its possible for the Texans to draft Eric Berrry or Taylor Mays. A lot of good safety and CB in most mockdraft I've seen in the first round

fuck taylor mays he is trash all he is good for is hitting defenseless recievers.

eric berry would be awesome
joe haden would look great in a texans uni as well

best kicker will be that kid from nebraska if he is even leaving school

Drift Gangsta
01-04-2010, 11:49 PM
Franchise tag or not, Texans' Robinson wants to return
By JOHN McCLAIN
Copyright 2010 Houston Chronicle
Jan. 4, 2010, 12:11PM

“I want to be here,” Robinson said. “I've been through some tough times here, and I'm proud of the way we finished and what we can build on.

“I realize this is a business. I won't take things personally like I did last offseason. I'd like to get a long-term deal, but I wouldn't be unhappy about it (if he's tagged again). I'm blessed. You can't be mad when you make $9 million.

“I love my teammates. I love the city. I think this team's going deep into the playoffs next season, and I want to be part of it.”

naw nga, you realize you suck.

ThaJokaa
01-05-2010, 12:29 AM
lol coming off an injury....

and he made some plays so its ok. he isnt worth 10mill though maybe like 7 or 8 with a multi year contract

Drift Gangsta
01-05-2010, 12:57 AM
check out who's at #94

http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=CB&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1

im sorry but dunta was just terrible this season. maybe if we pick him up him next year he'll become better...at least i hope so

ThaJokaa
01-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Cushing wins DROY :rock:

Stiggz
01-05-2010, 10:00 AM

hell yea! :rock:

Bloodwings19
01-05-2010, 10:01 AM
you usually dont draft kickers.. they mostly go undrafted

Oakland Raiders used a 1st round pick on a PK, only 1 thing Al Davis got right.

They should cut/release anyone that rhymes with Chris Brown. Kubiak on his radio show said that one of the area that needs work in the offseason is kicking. If they had one more game to play, I'd bet would of brung in another kicker. There is no reason for him to miss that many kicks in Reliant, home of non-frigid and non-winded stadium. Good news is that Cowher won't be coaching in 2010, so if Kubiak experiment fails, we have insurance.

Drift Gangsta
01-05-2010, 10:05 AM
Cushing wins DROY :rock:much deserved :rock:

Stiggz
01-05-2010, 10:05 AM
Kris Bown? Jokaa, hate to say i told ya so...lol...tell him to use a heartbeat sensor next time..maybe he can get more kicks thru the uprights :p

knightjustice
01-05-2010, 10:07 AM
LOL!!!

Hyper
01-05-2010, 10:30 AM
2010 opponents: The NFL released each team's opponents for 2010. The Texans found out who they'll play at home and on the road next season, but still don't know the dates or times of those matchups.

In addition to facing AFC South opponents Tennessee, Jacksonville and Indianapolis at home and on the road, the Texans will travel to Denver, Oakland, Philadelphia, Washington and New York to face the Jets.

The Texans will host the Cowboys, Ravens, Chiefs, Giants and Chargers at Reliant Stadium in 2010.

Bring the boys on!!!!!

ThaJokaa
01-05-2010, 10:30 AM
Kris Bown? Jokaa, hate to say i told ya so...lol...tell him to use a heartbeat sensor next time..maybe he can get more kicks thru the uprights :p

At least Kris Brown doesnt get all butt hurt cuz I Owned him using a heartbeat sensor and then goes and tells everone not to invite me anymore....

Nega-Patio
01-05-2010, 10:37 AM

a blindman couldve seen that coming :thumb:

impressive that he won it by a landslide though

JohnDoee
01-05-2010, 10:38 AM
im sorry but dunta was just terrible this season. maybe if we pick him up him next year he'll become better...at least i hope so

players usually only get slightly better or doesnt at all when they sign with the same team. Its when they go to a different team and want to PROVE to its former team they made a mistake.

Drift Gangsta
01-05-2010, 10:44 AM
but he did come from injury and maybe (hopefully) he realizes he wasnt good this year and works in the offseason to better himself and prove to the texans that he still is that top tier corner that he used to be.

PeteSi
01-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Houston Chronicle - Texans owner Bob McNair says that head coach Gary Kubiak will return to the club for next season.

Houston defeated New England 34-27 on Sunday to finish 9-7 and barely out of the playoff picture.

"Gary's my coach," McNair said. "I know there was speculation that he might not be (back in 2010), but he will be. He'll definitely be back. I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be."

Kubiak will be entering the final season on his five-year deal.

"That means a lot to me," said Kubiak, whose team became the last one eliminated from the playoff race when the Jets won Sunday night. "It shows me that Bob believes we're headed in the right direction. He's great to work for. He's always positive, supportive and very thorough.

"I'm glad we won this game and finished with a winning record. That's for him and everyone in the organization."

x_sl33py
01-05-2010, 08:36 PM
fuck taylor mays he is trash all he is good for is hitting defenseless recievers.

eric berry would be awesome
joe haden would look great in a texans uni as well

best kicker will be that kid from nebraska if he is even leaving school

taylor mays will get drafted in the top 15 simply because he is 230lbs and runs a 4.4. he doesn't have ball hawking skills tho and like u said is not that good but far from trash. But since Cushing did so well with us, i would definitely draft the USC product at pick 20. I don't think he will fall tho, cuz al davis will draft him and he will become a bust. lol.

a guy i think the texans should target is everson griffen. Barwin and Antonio Smith are solid players, but you can never have too many pass rushers.

mtran
01-06-2010, 08:14 AM
i think we should draft tim tebow.

Ohdubbz
01-11-2010, 01:22 PM
If the charlotte bobcats of the NBA make it to the playoffs this year, the Houston Texans will be the ONLY sports franchise in North America not to have made the playoffs. Fun Fact.

Drift Gangsta
01-11-2010, 01:35 PM
Houston hired its general manager and head coach out of Denver and now is poised to do the same for its offensive coordinator.

The Broncos gave permission to the Texans to interview Denver offensive line coach Rick Dennison.

"I've got Rick coming in [Sunday] night and will be with him all day [Monday]," Texans head coach Gary Kubiak told KRIV-TV in Houston.

It's considered a formality that Dennison will wind up replacing former Texans offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan, who is leaving Houston to join his father Mike Shanahan with the Washington Redskins.

Dennison and Kubiak are best friends, and Kubiak doesn't need to interview him so much as he does simply sign him.

ThaJokaa
01-29-2010, 09:43 PM
why would we draft Tim Tebow?

inwood
01-29-2010, 09:53 PM
^ b/c we need another RB lol

ThaJokaa
01-29-2010, 10:18 PM
he's more like a full back type. and we have Arian Foster now

Drift Gangsta
01-31-2010, 10:43 PM
schaub :rock:

ThaJokaa
01-31-2010, 10:52 PM
pro bowl mvp

TLontheDL
02-01-2010, 04:27 PM
matt ftw!

projecks15
02-01-2010, 06:33 PM
Texans should grab Julius Peppers since he's not gonna be a panthers anymore

Drift Gangsta
02-02-2010, 12:58 AM
Texans owner Bob McNair is working on a multiyear contract extension for coach Gary Kubiak that could be completed as early as next week.

Kubiak has one year left on the five-year, $10-million contract he signed to become the Texans coach in 2006. Kubiak's new deal is expected to extend through the 2013 season and perhaps longer, according to McNair.

“We've been working on our assistant coaches, and we don't have all of them signed, but I think we've pretty much got them resolved, and everybody will be signed through 2012,” McNair said Monday. “Now we're in the process of working on Gary's extension, and I think probably by next week, we'll have his finalized.

“His will run at least one year longer than (2012), maybe more.”
Kubiak and general manager Rick Smith, who joined the Texans in 2006 and signed a four-year extension in 2008, have put together a team that's coming off its best season. The Texans won their last four games and finished 9-7. They missed making the playoffs for the first time on the last day of the season.

“I think Gary's done a good job,” McNair said. “I look at our results, and I look at what some other coaches have done, and I evaluated his performance against others. We have a great foundation in place.”

McNair wasn't going to let Kubiak work under a one-year contract.

“I think continuity's extremely important in building a strong team,” he said.
“It can impact free agency.

“It's important when you hire (assistant) coaches. Our new coaches (offensive coordinator Rick Dennison and quarterbacks coach Greg Knapp), who are outstanding, were getting contracts beyond Gary's, and I told him to let them know it wasn't an issue.

“I think we're on the right path. I think we have to keep building on the foundation we have.”

The Texans are going to hire a new strength and rehabilitation coach. Ray Wright, who was elevated last year when Dan Riley was fired, also was fired after the season.

McNair watched the AFC's 41-34 victory over the NFC in the Pro Bowl. He saw Matt Schaub win the Most Valuable Player Award and Mario Williams record two sacks.

“I was very proud of them,” he said. “I was really pleased for Matt. He played like that all season. Others got a chance to see it.

“Andre and Mario and DeMeco had outstanding games, too. It lets people unfamiliar with the Texans know this is a club on the rise.”

:./

KiD_RSX
02-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Texans should grab Julius Peppers since he's not gonna be a panthers anymore

expensive!

inwood
02-02-2010, 12:53 PM
:facepalm: I dont see how going 31-33 in 4 years, with no playoff apperences merits any kind of contract extension.

northsideracing
02-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Texans need O-line & secondary!

Its apparent that Matt Schaub is a ok QB with a pro-bowl O-line. So that being said, doesn't that show that they need a better O-line?

Im not giving Matt Schaub any credit because he won the Pro Bowl MVP. Do that in the regular season. Oh wait! He cant! I wonder why?

As for a winning season last year? :facepalm:
31w-33L

I hope they spend their money wisely on the correct people this year. Or it will be another losing season again for the Texans.

Mazda6
02-02-2010, 03:53 PM
1st, they lost both their starting guards in the 2nd week of the season. So they didnt have the good offensive line they had a year ago.

2nd Not giving Matt Schaub any credit for the regular season shows how fucking stupid you are. For a QB with NO running game to be 300 yards short of breaking the NFL record for passing yards in a season held by Dan Marino.. yea he is a scrub. No one gives a damn about the Pro bowl.. that shit means nothing (gamewise)

3rd. The Offense finish 1st in passing yards per game and the Defense finish 10th (after the first 5 games without Pollard where people ran for 200 yards a game). And I will say, no starter was older than 28 years of age.. Yea they wont get better.

4th- if you take away the first year they Texans had to clean house from the Dom Capers era, this team has taken (i be it) baby steps.. but look at the Dolphins, and Falcons, they go up and down. From over .500 to under .500. For at team with everyone in their prime in every starting position, its not crazy to say this team wont be going up anytime soon.

mc4230
02-03-2010, 12:54 PM
I'd agree with them needing some secondary. That's the key focus they've neglected and it costs them. It's something they need especially playing in the pass happy AFC.

Mazda6
02-03-2010, 01:43 PM
I'll keep preaching it.. they need a FAT ASS DT, and a guard/center depending if the rookie from last year can take the step to become a starter

TLontheDL
02-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Some of you seem to have forgotten that the Texans are THE youngest NFL team, as of now. We had to start over from scratch when the Oilers left us.

We were 2-14 or so and we slowly progressed to 9-7. Isn't that enough to tell you something? I give credit to McNair and Kubiak. Kubiak came in and took over a Pinto and is slowly moving his way into a Bently, but currently driving an..."Audi"??

We're improving and it will take time. Saints are now in the superbowl after 40 yrs? We are getting there so take it easy. There are plenty of room on my bandwagon for some of you who will want to jump in 2010. GO TEXANS!

Drift Gangsta
02-03-2010, 03:55 PM
if kubez doesn't get this team to 10 wins next year (barring no injuries) texans forums are gonna blow up :rofl:

ThaJokaa
02-03-2010, 08:12 PM
lol well we have a tough schedule next season so we'll see.

Drift Gangsta
02-04-2010, 12:34 AM
Schaub's contract extended 3 more years :rock:

winc281
02-04-2010, 06:58 AM
Source? I know they were trying to get something done by next week to at least keep him here through 2012. He has to get at least 10 wins. We would've had more than that this year if wasn't for the bad fuck ups in a few games (Cards, Jags, etc).

ThaJokaa
02-04-2010, 07:18 AM
yeah they picked up his 10 mil bonus

inwood
02-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Source? I know they were trying to get something done by next week to at least keep him here through 2012. He has to get at least 10 wins. We would've had more than that this year if wasn't for the bad fuck ups in a few games (Cards, Jags, etc).

^ All those fuck ups that cost us games earlier in the year were due to bad coaching. Bad fundamentals and execution are an extension of poor coaching. Kubiak is going to have to take us to the playoffs next year or people will start getting restless. It's been 8 freaking years and we haven't made the playoffs yet. I'm tired of hearing all those excuses about how we were an expansion team, Jacksonville and Carolina both made the playoffs within 3 years of their inaugural seasons.

winc281
02-04-2010, 10:42 AM
wrd...like when Moats fumbled at the 2 yrd line vs the Colts. Could've ran a quick play and retained position but they didn't and then the Colts challenged and got the ball.

Surprised Kubiak got an extension considering he's been avg at best. I was really hoping we would have a shot at landing Cower : (

inwood
02-04-2010, 11:59 AM
^ Yeah I was hoping we would land the Chin too. I heard Houston is one of the places he wanted to coach.

northsideracing
02-04-2010, 12:08 PM
^ All those fuck ups that cost us games earlier in the year were due to bad coaching. Bad fundamentals and execution are an extension of poor coaching. Kubiak is going to have to take us to the playoffs next year or people will start getting restless. It's been 8 freaking years and we haven't made the playoffs yet. I'm tired of hearing all those excuses about how we were an expansion team, Jacksonville and Carolina both made the playoffs within 3 years of their inaugural seasons.

WRD!!! I keep telling people like Jokka the samething. But you cant tell True Texans fans anything.

1st, they lost both their starting guards in the 2nd week of the season. So they didnt have the good offensive line they had a year ago.

2nd Not giving Matt Schaub any credit for the regular season shows how fucking stupid you are. For a QB with NO running game to be 300 yards short of breaking the NFL record for passing yards in a season held by Dan Marino.. yea he is a scrub. No one gives a damn about the Pro bowl.. that shit means nothing (gamewise)

3rd. The Offense finish 1st in passing yards per game and the Defense finish 10th (after the first 5 games without Pollard where people ran for 200 yards a game). And I will say, no starter was older than 28 years of age.. Yea they wont get better.

4th- if you take away the first year they Texans had to clean house from the Dom Capers era, this team has taken (i be it) baby steps.. but look at the Dolphins, and Falcons, they go up and down. From over .500 to under .500. For at team with everyone in their prime in every starting position, its not crazy to say this team wont be going up anytime soon.

So all these being said. I guess the Texans dont need a better O-line to protect the QB & Secondary? The Dolphins, Falcons dont compare to the Texans. Both of those teams got their fundamentals together, more so than the Texans.

ThaJokaa
02-04-2010, 01:27 PM
WRD!!! I keep telling people like Jokka the samething. But you cant tell True Texans fans anything.

i agree that they have coaching miscues and they cant manage the clock for shit. i even told you that. but i think they shouldve waited for the extension on kubes contract to see if we make the playoffs next season.

inwood
02-04-2010, 02:19 PM
^ My thoughts exactly, I dont think he deserved it.

northsideracing
02-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Im curious to know why are they hiring Kubes old assistant coaches from the Denver camp every year?

Its apparent what was going on in Denver isnt working for the Texans...

Nega-Patio
02-04-2010, 03:00 PM
man this had me rofling

http://www.houston-imports.com/forums/image.php?u=19992&dateline=1245510419

Mazda6
02-04-2010, 06:13 PM
Im curious to know why are they hiring Kubes old assistant coaches from the Denver camp every year?

Its apparent what was going on in Denver isnt working for the Texans...

If your running a system wouldnt you want someone that runs your system and you trust esp if they are calling plays? What u want Mike Martz?

Mazda6
02-04-2010, 06:15 PM
So all these being said. I guess the Texans dont need a better O-line to protect the QB & Secondary? The Dolphins, Falcons dont compare to the Texans. Both of those teams got their fundamentals together, more so than the Texans.

HOw you say that? Dolphins went from 1-15, to 10-6 to 7-9. They are still in search of a QB, and their defense (aka Jason Taylor and company) are getting near retirement.

Falcons and Texans end with the same record.

northsideracing
02-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Mazada6:OK! So I see your argument is about wins & loses. But my argument is about their game plan. Isnt it about time to bring in a coach,staff & personal that can create a better game plan that Kubes? Bring more WINS to this franchise? Its obvious that whatever game plan Kubes has in place, isnt working out.

So I guess your telling me that the Texans as they stand right now, are a playoff team contender/Super Bowl team?

Mazda6
02-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Mazada6:OK! So I see your argument is about wins & loses. But my argument is about their game plan. Isnt it about time to bring in a coach,staff & personal that can create a better game plan that Kubes? Bring more WINS to this franchise? Its obvious that whatever game plan Kubes has in place, isnt working out.

So I guess your telling me that the Texans as they stand right now, are a playoff team contender/Super Bowl team?

If your asking right now.. yes they are not a playoff team/superbowl team. I mean they didnt make it.

But your going to tell me there is no upside to having no starters over 28 years old, a chance to improve the offensive line and secondary that this team cant be that playoff team?

This Franchise was 4-12, 5-11, 7-9 then 2-14
Kubes took it to 6-10, 8-8, 8-8 and 9-7.

I will flat out say it, if they dont win double digits next year.. then you tear it apart. I think the 9-7 this year, with so many many close games ( if i can remember games lost by 3, 3,5, 6,7,7) then I think 2 things

1. No starter over 28
2. Fill in the holes at both lines and a safety
3. and build on this year

That the Texans SHOULD be a playoff team next year. A SUPERBOWL team? No, Only like 4 teams can be call SUPERBOWL teams. Pats, Colts, Steelers and insert one other name.

Its just my opinion. Any by no means am I happy with 9-7.

azn2050
02-08-2010, 08:23 AM
I have been wondering about our draft picks the last couple seasons.... we seem to draft defensive players with our 1/2 round draft picks but our offense is the thing that shines the most.... Robinson, williams, okoye, Cushing, Ryans... theres some others but they are a bust i guess like babin and whats his name lol....

Do you think we need veteran leadership or is it something else... I know things can be explained for this but i find it funny that our offense is doing well but our defense is sub-par based on stats...

Nega-Patio
02-08-2010, 08:48 AM
I have been wondering about our draft picks the last couple seasons.... we seem to draft defensive players with our 1/2 round draft picks but our offense is the thing that shines the most.... Robinson, williams, okoye, Cushing, Ryans... theres some others but they are a bust i guess like babin and whats his name lol....

Do you think we need veteran leadership or is it something else... I know things can be explained for this but i find it funny that our offense is doing well but our defense is sub-par based on stats...

Our defense is young though, but they have been missing that veteran attitude. I think as our D gets more experienced and older they will show how good they are, but it takes time to mold a team like that. You can already see the results this past season though, after the first 3 games we were crushing some of the best RB's in the league. The numbers seem to have gotten skewed pretty bad by the 1st few games.

I'm just saying, it looks like we have the majority of our pieces in their place, this next season should be our best.

ThaJokaa
02-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Our defense is young though, but they have been missing that veteran attitude. I think as our D gets more experienced and older they will show how good they are, but it takes time to mold a team like that. You can already see the results this past season though, after the first 3 games we were crushing some of the best RB's in the league. The numbers seem to have gotten skewed pretty bad by the 1st few games.

I'm just saying, it looks like we have the majority of our pieces in their place, this next season should be our best.

Yes it should, but next season our schedule is harder than it was last season.

Texans 2010 Schedule

Not in Order

Tennessee Titans
2009 record: 8-8 (3rd, AFC South)

Dallas Cowboys*
2009 record: 11-5 (1st, NFC East)

Tennessee Titans
2009 record: 8-8 (3rd, AFC South)

Oakland Raiders
2009 record: 5-11 (3rd, AFC West)

Indianapolis Colts*
2009 record: 14-2 (1st, AFC South)

Kansas City Chiefs
2009 record: 4-12 (4th, AFC West)

Indianapolis Colts*
2009 record: 14-2 (1st, AFC South)

New York Jets*
2009 record: 9-7 (2nd, AFC East)

Jacksonville Jaguars
2009 record: 7-9 (4th, AFC South)

New York Giants
2009 record: 8-8 (3rd, NFC East)

Jacksonville Jaguars
2009 record: 7-9 (4th, AFC South)

Philadelphia Eagles*
2009 record: 11-5 (2nd, NFC East)

Baltimore Ravens*
2009 record: 9-7 (2nd, AFC North)

San Diego Chargers*
2009 record: 13-3 (1st, AFC West)

Denver Broncos
2009 record: 8-8 (2nd, AFC West)

Washington Redskins
2009 record: 4-12 (4th, NFC East)

Im sure we can win agasint all these teams, if we stay injury free. But only time will tell. Let's go Texans :rock:

TLontheDL
02-08-2010, 08:05 PM
damn!! That IS a tough schedule... holy cow..

Mazda6
02-08-2010, 10:16 PM
they just need to take care of the division.. rest will follow.. they need to go 4-2 in the division.. split with Indy and u get one loss out of 4 against Titans and Jags

projecks15
02-08-2010, 10:29 PM
my god that schedule is brutal!

winc281
02-08-2010, 10:33 PM
Gonna be nice to see the Texans vs the NFC East. I always watch those teams play each other. Usually have some battles. I think the NFC East and AFC South are the best divisions.

Mazda6
02-11-2010, 11:54 AM
These would be the players i would hope to see in a texan uni (not all of them of course)

LenDale White
Cadillac Williams
Julius Peppers
Richard Seymour
Vince Wilfork
Nick Collins
Antoine Bethea
Roman Harper
Matt Stover or adam vinatieri, whoever colts cut

inwood
02-11-2010, 12:28 PM
White, Wilfork and Bethea would all be huge upgrades for our team. I think RB, DT & the secondary are our biggest holes. I doubt we would even consider making a move for Seymour/Peppers since we signed Smith last yr to start opposite Mario.

AP1 phoju
02-11-2010, 02:33 PM
TE owen daniels and LB demeco ryans are RFA this year.. i hope the sign them to big contracts this year.. or atleast get value if we dont. I prefer we sign them cuase they are still young and got alot to offer and are proven they can play..

AP1 phoju
02-11-2010, 02:33 PM
These would be the players i would hope to see in a texan uni (not all of them of course)

LenDale White
Cadillac Williams
Julius Peppers
Richard Seymour
Vince Wilfork
Nick Collins
Antoine Bethea
Roman Harper

i like ryan clark from steelers is a FA too

inwood
02-12-2010, 07:10 AM
TE owen daniels and LB demeco ryans are RFA this year.. i hope the sign them to big contracts this year.. or atleast get value if we dont. I prefer we sign them cuase they are still young and got alot to offer and are proven they can play..

I think we'll try to lock up Ryans and probably end up franchising Daniels. I'm not sure they would throw big money at Owen until they know he's fully recovered from his knee surgery.

TLontheDL
02-12-2010, 10:23 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! We need Daniels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ninjapleazee
02-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Older higher priced players are getting axed..

Torry Holt, Tra Thomas, Rob Meier, Antonio Pierce got axed

Matt Jones signs with Bengals who are also talking to Pacman Jones :facepalm:

Please Holt, we don't need players on their last leg coming to Chicago again.. I hope Orlando Pace gets axed

Mazda6
02-12-2010, 10:03 PM
I think we'll try to lock up Ryans and probably end up franchising Daniels. I'm not sure they would throw big money at Owen until they know he's fully recovered from his knee surgery.

I doubt they will franchise Daniels.. they will wait for someone to make an offer and match it.. Ryans will probably be locked.. as much as people here hate Danta, if they cant get him locked for 4-6 years.. they will franchise him. He is not a top 5 or 10 CB but he is very valuable to this team in terms of hard hitting, run stopping and decent coverage. He leaves, we have Reeves and 2nd year man Quin.

As for Pollard, I think they will try to sign him or give him the transition tag.

i-vtec195
02-15-2010, 03:04 PM
Darrell Green has still got it
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 15, 2010 2:41 PM ET
Darrell Green celebrated his fiftieth birthday Monday like only he can.

The Redskins Hall of Famer tweets that he ran a 4.43 forty in Orlando this morning to celebrate the milestone and humiliate prospects getting ready for next week's Scouting Combine.

Okay, he didn't say that last part. But we'd like to send out a hearty PFT happy birthday to Green, a memorable player for all of his 20 NFL seasons.

We fully expect Todd McShay to soon hear "whispers among league sources" about "some unknown Florida kid named Green" rising up draft boards.

old's man's still a bad ass.

LenDale White
Cadillac Williams
Julius Peppers
Richard Seymour
Vince Wilfork
Nick Collins
Antoine Bethea
Roman Harper

you should slap yourself for leaving chester taylor off that list...

i-vtec195
02-15-2010, 03:08 PM
Final Eight Plan limitations apply to trades, too
Posted by Mike Florio on February 15, 2010 9:29 AM ET

As the first year without a salary cap since the arrival of the salary cap approaches, we're spending plenty of time picking through the details of the current labor agreement.

And here's something we found that we hadn't previously seen anywhere.

Article XXI spells out the terms of the Final Eight Plan, a provision aimed at preserving competitive balance in the uncapped year by preventing the teams that made it to the division round or better from buying up a bunch of unrestricted free agents.

For the final four teams (Saints, Colts, Vikings, Jets), no unrestricted free agents may be signed from other teams until one of their current unrestricted free agents is lost to another team. Complicating matters is that the value of the first year of the replacement free agent's contract must be no more than the first-year salary paid to the player who was lost, with annual growth of no more than 30 percent.

For the next four teams (Cardinals, Cowboys, Ravens, Chargers), one unrestricted free agent may be signed at a base salary of $5.5 million or more, and an unlimited amount of others at a first-year salary of $3.7 million with a 30-percent limit on growth.

It had been assumed by many that these teams nevertheless could trade for an unlimited amount of players.

Under Section 7 of Article XXI of the CBA, they can't.

Here's the key language: "No Club subject to the provisions of this Article may, for one League Year, trade for a player it otherwise would not be permitted to sign as an Unrestricted Free Agent as a result of the provisions of this Article."

That said, Article XXI, Section 8 expressly permits teams to negotiate with and sign unrestricted free agents limited by the transition or franchise tag. But Section 7 apparently restricts the ability of the final eight teams to work out a trade for a franchise player for something less than two first-round draft picks -- a common approach that multiple teams have used when shipping franchise players to new teams.

Keep in mind that none of this affects the ability of the final eight teams to sign or trade for restricted free agents, since the Final Eight Plan applies only to unrestricted free agents, and unrestricted free agency applies only to players who have six or more years of service.

[UPDATE: We've asked the league for an official interpretation of Article XXI, Section 7. For example, it might only prevent the final eight teams from trading for a 2010 unrestricted free agent who has signed a new contract. Absent such a rule, a team like the Buccaneers could act as a straw man, signing Panthers defensive end Julius Peppers and then trading him to the Jets. Under a broad interpretation of Article XXI, Section 7, the final eight teams might not be permitted to trade for any player with six or more years of service.]

:mad:

Mazda6
02-15-2010, 10:49 PM
you should slap yourself for leaving chester taylor off that list...

I'm done with 30 year old RB's

i-vtec195
02-15-2010, 11:10 PM
the guys got less carries than adrian peterson has in his career. he's got seriously low miles...

Gunz4Sale
02-16-2010, 09:39 AM
the guys got less carries than adrian peterson has in his career. he's got seriously low miles...

Dude has a bad strip club habbit ala pacman jones lol. He is at one Sc on the northside every weekend throwing 20 stacks.

i-vtec195
02-16-2010, 10:17 AM
Dude has a bad strip club habbit ala pacman jones lol. He is at one Sc on the northside every weekend throwing 20 stacks.

all good. he's never caused a bit of trouble, so the guy can throw money at all the hookers he wants to... :Ewave1:

Gunz4Sale
02-16-2010, 10:24 AM
all good. he's never caused a bit of trouble, so the guy can throw money at all the hookers he wants to... :Ewave1:

lol. I wonder if the Panthers are going to move one of their running backs, maybe send one of Philly for Mcnabb?

i-vtec195
02-16-2010, 10:26 AM
i don't see it. they like their young 1-2 punch, and matt moore seems to be growing on quite a few people...

they have a hell of a backfield.

Gunz4Sale
02-16-2010, 10:28 AM
i don't see it. they like their young 1-2 punch, and matt moore seems to be growing on quite a few people...

they have a hell of a backfield.

Yes they do, but unfortunatley they have 1 ball. Trading one of their backs now nets them huge value since 1k yard rushers demand a premium on the open market.

i-vtec195
02-16-2010, 11:18 AM
Yes they do, but unfortunatley they have 1 ball. Trading one of their backs now nets them huge value since 1k yard rushers demand a premium on the open market.

look at all of the powerhouse running teams in the league, and you'll realize that they pose at least a 2 headed attack. i agree that both have quite a bit of trade value, but any team that doesn't have a top tier passer has that type of running attack, unless they suck.

the reason i don't agree with the trade for mcnabb is with a young matt moore that they're big on, moving such a back for a qb that old would only make sense if you believe your team is a qb away from a super bowl run. i think they're better off for the long haul as opposed to a qb with very little tread left on the tires based upon what they think they're going to get out of moore.

besides, i think philly has enough of a backfield to address another position if they're going to ship donovan out of town.

i-vtec195
02-16-2010, 11:42 AM
DeAngelo Williams has surgery
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 16, 2010 7:22 AM ET

Carolina Panthers running back DeAngelo Williams had surgery Monday on the foot/ankle injury that caused him to miss the final two games of the regular season.

Darin Gantt of the Rock Hill Herald reports that Williams wrote about the surgery on his web site, although we don't have a link because Williams apparently charges readers for the content on his site. (He should ask Newsday how well that works.)

Per Gantt, the surgery was performed by Panthers team doctor Robert Anderson, and it's not believed to be serious.

Williams had 1,117 yards and seven touchdowns in 13 games in 2009.

i-vtec195
02-16-2010, 05:58 PM
Union claims supplemental revenue pool was shorted by more than $70 million
Posted by Mike Florio on February 16, 2010 7:19 PM ET

As it turns out, the question of whether the NFL may pull the plug on the supplemental revenue sharing program has expanded into a more pointed question of whether the NFL has been properly implementing the device for redistributing a portion of the league's unshared revenues from the high-revenue teams to the low-revenue franchises.

Put simply, the NFLPA claims that the league failed to redistribute more than $70 million that was supposed to have been paid out to low-revenue teams.

Chris Mortensen of ESPN.com reports that the union has filed a claim with Special Master Stephen Burbank regarding the situation, claiming that the league's Management Council recently told the NFLPA that $68.3 million was distributed in 2006, $90.2 million in 2007, and $94.7 million in 2008. The union contends that the league should have redistributed $100 million in 2006, $105 million in 2007, and $120 million in 2008.

Those numbers apparently come from a March 15, 2006 resolution, a copy of which was attached as Exhibit 1 to the recent opinion issued by Burbank as to the question of whether supplemental revenue sharing will continue beyond the evaporation of the salary cap and the salary floor. (Burbank ruled that it will, agreeing with the union.)

Per Mortensen, the league contends that the redistribution has occurred in light of "qualifiers," which as league sources have explained to us in the past are the factors that determine whether and to what extent a team requires additional revenue. And so it appears that the final decision will turn on whether the league indeed has the authority to hold back money from low-revenue teams based on the exercise of discretion as to the perceived needs of those franchises.

If the matter is expedited, and if the players prevail, another $70 million will be pumped into the coffers of the low-revenue teams. Though none of this means that the money will be devoted to players in the season without a salary cap and a salary floor, it will serve only to strengthen a possible claim from the union that the teams have engaged in collusion regarding the spending of cash on players in the uncapped year.

In other words, a messy situation could get a lot messier, if the union once again prevails before Burbank.

The fact that the low-revenue teams haven't said a word about the shortfall proves that the 32 franchises are on the same page regarding issues that might otherwise divide them. If the union suspects that the clubs are on the same page regarding the placement of artificial limits on spending in the uncapped year, a collusion claim is certain.

uh oh...

i-vtec195
02-18-2010, 09:31 PM
Carroll shows up for USC hearing
Posted by Mike Florio on February 18, 2010 11:24 PM ET
Now that Seahawks coach Pete Carroll has escaped the hot kitchen that is the USC athletics department, he has returned for a late-night snack.

Carroll is attending Southern Cal's hearing before the NCAA Committee on Infractions. The body governing college sports currently has no jurisdiction over Carroll, given that he no longer works for a member school. But given that he had the wheel during the "Reggie Bush Gets Paid (Allegedly)" era, it was good for Pete to show up and to presumably claim that he knew nothing about any of it. :rofl:

John Taylor of CFT has more (http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/18/carroll-kiffin-lend-usc-moral-support/).

Meanwhile, if the NCAA ultimately finds that Bush lost his eligibility prior to or during the 2005 season, there could still be a day when Vince Young opens up a box and says, "Hey, the face mask fell off this thing (http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/heisman-trophy.jpg)."

:Ewave1:

Gunz4Sale
02-19-2010, 09:06 AM
I read Chargers are shopping Cromartie for a RB. Then I read this and it makes sense I suppose.

The losses continue to pile up for one San Diego Charger. An NFL arbitrator ruled that San Diego Chargers cornerback Antonio Cromartie owes Fletcher roughly $32,000 in fees. Cromartie has suggested that there are financial issues stemming from child support. Cromartie has at least seven children with six different women in five different states. Last summer, Cromartie's agent, Gary Wichard, said that all lawsuits have been taken care of. "It's all part of the simplification process," Wichard said. "Everyone will be taken care of." One of the lawyers for the mother of one of the NFL player's children alleged that Cromartie is in arrears on $25,000 in child support after missing a Feb. 1 payment for several of the children. According to the Union-Tribune, Cromartie hasn't been paying on time. ???My client would like to see him live up to the commitment he made to his children in the interviews he???s given about being a committed father and make sure he shares the benefits of his lifestyle,??? said lawyer Steven Bishop, who represents one of the babies' mothers. None of these off-field concerns are boosting Cromartie's trade value or making Chargers general manager A.J. Smith a happy boss.

I guess he and Shawn Kemp are having a competition of some sort.

i-vtec195
02-19-2010, 10:58 AM
I read Chargers are shopping Cromartie for a RB. Then I read this and it makes sense I suppose.

I guess he and Shawn Kemp are having a competition of some sort.

they don't have shit on wilt the stilt... :o

Gunz4Sale
02-19-2010, 11:01 AM
they don't have shit on wilt the stilt... :o

The Spanos family is very conservative, and if you don't see Merriman back his incident with Tila may be part of that. They shun that sort of attention.

i-vtec195
02-20-2010, 07:21 PM
Moss says he thinks 2010 will be his last year in New England
Posted by Mike Florio on February 20, 2010 8:44 PM ET

After a season during which, at times, it appeared that receiver Randy Moss wasn't interested in being a member of the Patriots any longer, Moss said Saturday that he thinks 2010 will be his last season with the team.

Reading between the lines, we think Moss is hoping that 2010 will end up being his first season with a new franchise.

Moss spoke candidly regarding his situation to reporters at a charity softball game in Florida organized by former New England teammate Heath Evans.

'I don't think they going to extend my contract here," Moss said, per Christopher L. Gasper of the Boston Globe. "I understand the beast, the nature of it. I think that just with what I think and what I know I don't think they're going to re-sign me back. So, after this season if there is not a lockout I'll be looking for a new team. I got a lot of respect for the Patriots and what they did for me and my family. So, the only thing I can do is just play this year out and see what my future holds after that. "

It's not surprising, but it's still jarring to see the words. And it makes us wonder whether Moss is speaking out now in the hopes that the Patriots will decide to divert his $6.4 million base salary to defensive tackle Vince Wilfork and cut Moss loose now.

Actually, we don't need to wonder it. Moss essentially said it.

"You know the Patriots don't really pay, so when I got my second contract from them that was a blessing in disguise. I understand the business. I don't think they're going to re-sign me back. I'm not mad. I'm not bitter. It's just the way things are in this NFL, so like I said after this year I'll be looking for a new team. I think so. . . .

"That's not a knock on them. That's just how they run their organization," Moss added. "That's how it is. Put it like this, I guess that before I came there the philosophy was believing in their system. I think that's where they really don't pay guys because they have so much faith in their system. I didn't mean it as a knock against the organization. They just don't pay. If as an individual I'm not really in their future plans I would like to go elsewhere."

There it is. "If as an individual I'm not really in their future plans I would like to go elsewhere."

Though Moss was still careful to say he plans to play for the Pats in 2010, why would he want to be there if he thinks that he won't be there beyond the coming season? The genius of his comments could be that he's making it known now that, once he enters his lame duck year, he's going to play like a limping dog.

So where might "elsewhere" be? Feel free to call us crazy, but we continue to believe he wants to take care of his unfinished business in Minnesota, where he'd finally hook up with Brett Favre.

And what better way to get Favre to commit early to the 2010 season than to bring to town the guy for whom Favre pined before Brett's final season as a Packer?

So don't be shocked if the Pats decide that they don't want Moss around this year if he's going to have a stick buried in his butt, and don't be surprised if he trades in his 81 for the 84 he made famous a dozen year ago.

:cross:

PeteSi
02-22-2010, 05:25 PM
Chargers release LT today. It was a damn nice career in San Diego.

i-vtec195
02-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Chargers release LT today. It was a damn nice career in San Diego.

yep. hell of a career...

i-vtec195
02-22-2010, 06:52 PM
L.T. could be attractive to one or more of the final eight teams
Posted by Mike Florio on February 22, 2010 7:28 PM ET

Now that the Chargers have dumped one of the best players in franchise history, the first teams to consider as candidates for his services are the best teams from the most recently completed football season.

As we recently pointed out, players who became free agents as a result of being released from their contracts are fair game for the final eight teams: the Ravens, Jets, Colts, Cardinals, Cowboys, Saints, Vikings, and Chargers. Assuming that the Chargers won't be bringing L.T. back, and given that the Cowboys, Ravens, Cardinals, Saints, and Jets are largely set at tailback, the Colts and the Vikings become intriguing candidates for L.T.'s services.

In Indy, the running game has been anemic of late. Though Tomlinson might not do as much for the attack as he would have done in past years, he could be an upgrade for the current Colts roster.

In Minnesota, the Vikings are faced with the question of whether Chester Taylor, who'll be 31 in September, should be re-signed. Should they not at least consider Tomlinson as an alternative before making a decision on Taylor?

Imagine for a moment the possibility of Tomlinson and Adrian Peterson sharing carries. Consider the impact that the upgrade from Taylor to Tomlinson might have on the decision of Brett Favre to return for another season.

And think about the influence that Tomlinson, a native of Waco, Texas, could have on Peterson, who grew up less than 100 miles away in Palestine.

Playing for the Vikings or the Colts also would give Tomlinson the chance to win a Super Bowl ring, which then could be rubbed in the face of San Diego G.M. A.J. Smith.

Though Tomlinson might expect more money than the open market will pay him, the lure of finally winning it all could be the thing that persuades him to accept a reduced role with a contender -- and it could make him very attractive to teams that can't freely sign free agents who acquire their status via the expiration, not termination, of a contract.

there's an appeal to the idea, but i still like the idea of a low mileage chester taylor...

kuumar
02-22-2010, 08:54 PM
Chestor Taylor was on my flight to Vegas...Nice guy.

HPorkchopD
02-23-2010, 11:23 AM
any chance theyd bring him here? good or bad idea?

i-vtec195
02-23-2010, 11:39 AM
any chance theyd bring him here? good or bad idea?

if you're talking about chester taylor, that's my dad's favorite tease towards me. he's a texan's fan, and would be on cloud nine if chester came to town.

he's definitely a team guy... no real weaknesses other than not being a track star. runs well, catches passes, blocks, you name it.

i'd be very surprised if lt's market value is higher than chester's at the moment.

the vikes have made it clear that they want to re-sign him, but popular opinion as of late is that we'll get out bid.

HPorkchopD
02-23-2010, 01:43 PM
Im talking LT. Now go respond to my new post in the Vizio TV thread. Since youre a mod, you should make it a sticky and rename it...just dont lock it.

Gunz4Sale
02-23-2010, 01:51 PM
if you're talking about chester taylor, that's my dad's favorite tease towards me. he's a texan's fan, and would be on cloud nine if chester came to town.

he's definitely a team guy... no real weaknesses other than not being a track star. runs well, catches passes, blocks, you name it.

i'd be very surprised if lt's market value is higher than chester's at the moment.

the vikes have made it clear that they want to re-sign him, but popular opinion as of late is that we'll get out bid.

Lions are supposed to be thinking about bringing Taylor home to Detroit.

i-vtec195
02-23-2010, 01:57 PM
Lions are supposed to be thinking about bringing Taylor home to Detroit.

i wouldn't doubt it. vikes are supposedly down to drop 3.5m, 4 max a season. that's starter money, and still feel that they may get outbid...

the situation just sucks to me because despite adrian, he's still a starting caliber player. as bienemy said, adrian peterson is chester taylor's biggest fan. he's helped ad come around as a pro and is called the "consummate professional" by the coaching staff.

Gunz4Sale
02-23-2010, 02:08 PM
i wouldn't doubt it. vikes are supposedly down to drop 3.5m, 4 max a season. that's starter money, and still feel that they may get outbid...

the situation just sucks to me because despite adrian, he's still a starting caliber player. as bienemy said, adrian peterson is chester taylor's biggest fan. he's helped ad come around as a pro and is called the "consummate professional" by the coaching staff.

good thing is too, Chester in theory should have a lot of tread on his tires since AP was handling the rock the last few seasons. So while he is 30, in football yrs he might be closer to 26-27.

i-vtec195
02-23-2010, 02:12 PM
he has fewer career carries than ad does. no shame in having to back jamal lewis and adrian in their prime. not to mention that his last contract was a starting caliber deal, also. he carried the load well his first year...

enough to make me scratch my head when we picked adrian over quinn in the draft the following year. thank you, rick spielman!

vike's personnel department ftw.

pizzaguy
02-23-2010, 02:36 PM
PHILADELPHIA -- Brian Westbrook (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=3619) was released Tuesday by the Philadelphia Eagles (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=phi), ending an often-dynamic eight-year run that was marred by various injuries.
A former All-Pro, the 5-foot-10 Westbrook led the league in yards from scrimmage in 2007 with 2,104. He rushed for 1,333 yards and accounted for 12 touchdowns that season.

But he spent much of last season on the sideline. Westbrook missed eight games with a pair of concussions and an ankle injury. Westbrook had only two touchdowns in 2009.
He was due $7.25 million next season.
Eagles coach Andy Reid said he called Westbrook with the news Tuesday morning. Reid said Westbrook still should have an opportunity to play for another team.
"Brian is one of the greatest Eagles of all time and he is an even better person and leader," Reid said. "In my mind, there has not been a more versatile running back that the NFL has seen."
Westbrook's season went south on Oct. 26, when his helmet collided with linebacker London Fletcher (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=1680)'s right knee, resulting in a concussion.
Westbrook missed the last five regular-season games after suffering his second concussion in three weeks against San Diego on Nov. 15. He was cleared to return for the postseason.
He has rushed for 5,995 yards in eight seasons in Philadelphia and caught 426 passes for 3,790 yards. The 30-year-old Westbrook has accounted for 68 touchdowns rushing, receiving and on punt returns.

Westbrook, a third-round pick out of Villanova in the 2002 draft, is Philadelphia's career leader in yards from scrimmage (9,785). He also ranks second in yards rushing (5,995) behind Wilbert Montgomery and third in receptions (426) behind Harold Carmichael and Pete Retzlaff.
Westbrook's 68 total touchdowns are third in team history behind Carmichael and Steve Van Buren. He holds the franchise single-season record for most scrimmage yards in a season (a league-leading 2,104 in 2007) and most receptions in a season (90 in 2007).
He eclipsed the 100-yard rushing mark 20 times (including playoffs) during his career, tying for second-most in club history.
"Brian Westbrook is one of the most electrifying players in the history of this franchise and is certainly also one of the most popular," Eagles chairman Jeffrey Lurie said. "He was personally one of my favorite players to watch each and every Sunday and his playmaking abilities, leadership and values will be missed."

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4939019

Drift Gangsta
02-23-2010, 02:44 PM
lolz @ vick and playgirl

ninjapleazee
02-23-2010, 03:53 PM
Westbrooks release was inevitable. He's old/injured. They have a fine replacement with McCoy.. unless they're gonna do something crazy and bring in LT..

Vick needs to get traded to Rams for Chris Long.. that would make sense...

in other useless Bears news.. they signed a pair of retards

PeteSi
02-23-2010, 10:57 PM
ESPN's live interview with Westbrook. lol

riVLe_btqz8

i-vtec195
02-23-2010, 11:37 PM
http://www.chargersproshop.com/main_detail.cfm?nProductID=13998&sAuxTitle=San%20Diego%20Chargers%20Tomlinson%20Jer sey-%20%2321%20Home%20Replica

pwnt.

Trae*
02-24-2010, 07:26 AM
The Texans have informed cornerback Dunta Robinson they will not be using the franchise tag on him for a second consecutive year, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

There will be no more negotiations for a new contract, which means Robinson will become an unrestricted free agent on March 5 and will be able to sign with any team.

Robinson, a first-round draft choice in 2004 who played six seasons with the Texans, earned $9.957 million last year when he was designated as the franchise player. Before he was franchised, Robinson turned down an offer that would have guaranteed him $23 million.

Robinson started every game last season and covered the opponent's best receiver. Because free agency will increase from four to six years without a salary cap, Robinson should be one of the most attractive free agents on the market.

Without Robinson, cornerback becomes a priority position for the Texans. Expect them to use a high draft choice on a replacement.

Glover Quin starts at one spot. Jacques Reeves and Brice McCain played better than the other reserve corners last season. Fred Bennett was a disappointment, and Antwaun Molden was injured much of the season.

Sweet someone else can pay his ass

Nega-Patio
02-24-2010, 07:32 AM
god I hope we don't sign LT or Westbrook

Dunta - "Pay me.... somebody..... please?......"

Trae*
02-24-2010, 07:48 AM
god I hope we don't sign LT or Westbrook

Dunta - "Pay me.... somebody..... please?......"

i read the defense i read the defense i read the defnse

Scientific
02-24-2010, 09:02 AM
There was no reason to franchise him after last season. The way he got beat so many times, and all those missed tackles. I bet that 23 mill looks pretty good right about now.

Gunz4Sale
02-24-2010, 09:10 AM
There was no reason to franchise him after last season. The way he got beat so many times, and all those missed tackles. I bet that 23 mill looks pretty good right about now.

Was last the yr the season he was coming off the ACL or was that the yr before?

Scientific
02-24-2010, 09:29 AM
Was last the yr the season he was coming off the ACL or was that the yr before?

That was the year before.

Mazda6
02-24-2010, 09:59 AM
Texans let go Danta Robinson.. man that sucks...

ThaJokaa
02-24-2010, 10:06 AM

They actually havn't said that yet, all they've said is that right now they are looking at other free agents and the final decision will be up to McNair and Kubiak later on. But Dunta wants to come back and work something out.

i-vtec195
02-24-2010, 10:48 AM

you never wanna lose a db like that, but that's a lot of cap space on someone who isn't trying to work with the organization...

letting go of moss was a bummer back in the day, also...

Gunz4Sale
02-24-2010, 10:53 AM
I got a jersey waiting for him. Lord knows we could use the help.

Nega-Patio
02-24-2010, 12:19 PM
GOOD RIDDANCE

Mazda6
02-24-2010, 12:37 PM
he may not be a top 10 CB but he is

1. Our best CB
2. Top 3 CB in run defense
3. Rarely gets burn for the big play (Shut down Reggie Wayne this year)
4. People always wanted that attitude on D.. that Robinson all the way

Drift Gangsta
02-24-2010, 01:03 PM
MkiRR3VPlpQ

i-vtec195
02-24-2010, 01:45 PM
:rofl:

winc281
02-26-2010, 07:13 AM
INDIANAPOLIS -- The Texans lost a coin toss with Atlanta this morning, meaning they'll have the 20th pick in the first round of the April draft rather than the 19th selection.
Texans general manager Rick Smith and Falcons general manager Tom Dimitroff attended the coin flip at a downtown hotel. The two teams finished 9-7 and were tied in every tiebreaker, so the coin flip determined which team picked ahead of the other.

Here are the 20th picks in the last 10 drafts: 2009: TE Brandon Pettigrew, Lions. 2008: CB Aqib Talib, Bucs. 2007: CB Aaron Ross, Giants. 2006: OLB Tamba Hali, Chiefs. 2005: DE Marcus Spears, Cowboys. 2004: DE Kenechi Udeze, Vikings. 2003: OT George Foster, Broncos. 2002: WR Jevon Walker, Packers. 2001: SS Adam Archuleta, Rams. 2000: OT Stockar McDougle, Lions. john.mcclain@chron.com

Westbrooks release was inevitable. He's old/injured. They have a fine replacement with McCoy.. unless they're gonna do something crazy and bring in LT..

Vick needs to get traded to Rams for Chris Long.. that would make sense...

in other useless Bears news.. they signed a pair of retards
I've always liked Westbrook. Eagles just worked him too damn hard. For awhile I think it was 30-40% of the offense went through him.

Gunz4Sale
03-01-2010, 07:15 AM
YESSSS beware Jay Cutler and other NFC Norris foes if this goes down.

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Lions have spoken to the Chargers about a potential trade for cornerback Antonio Cromartie, the Free Press has confirmed.

Kevin Acee, who writes about the Chargers for the San Diego Union-Tribune, posted on his Twitter account that it's "not a done deal" but he's hearing Cromartie "could be a Lion soon."
Cromartie, 25, is considered one of the NFL's most talented athletes. He had 10 interceptions in 2007. But he has fallen out of favor because of a lack of physical play and off-the-field issues. He has five picks over the past two years.

The Lions need help at cornerback desperately, and Cromartie might be available for a low price. He has one year left on his contract.

Cromartie grew up in Tallahassee, Fla., with Lions linebacker Ernie Sims and played with him at Florida State. Lions general manager Martin Mayhew also played corner at FSU.

Cromartie and his 25 children could be on their way to motown.

i-vtec195
03-01-2010, 07:29 AM
the vikes are trembling... :kekegay:

Gunz4Sale
03-01-2010, 07:31 AM
the vikes are trembling... :kekegay:

When Brett stays home to mow his lawn and wear Wranglers they really will ;-)

i-vtec195
03-01-2010, 07:33 AM
they're quite a bit further along than when gus frerotte and tjack led them to 10-6.

the only thing i'd just about rule out at that point would be a bid for the bowl. they're still a playoff team.

Gunz4Sale
03-01-2010, 07:35 AM
they're quite a bit further along than when gus frerotte and tjack led them to 10-6.

the only thing i'd just about rule out at that point would be a bid for the bowl.

Still Cromartie will be waiting for T-Jack to throw him a few ;-). I think my squad goes from 2 win cellar dwellers to 6-7 win semi respectable, but hard working this coming year. We're going to get a stud at DT more than likely, probably a new running back and hopefully Cromartie to pair with the beast that is Louis Delmas. Now just gotta get CJ some help on the other side.

i-vtec195
03-01-2010, 07:40 AM
you predicted that many wins last off season. i was quite surprised that they didn't win 4-5 at least.

Gunz4Sale
03-01-2010, 07:54 AM
you predicted that many wins last off season. i was quite surprised that they didn't win 4-5 at least.

Stafford being hurt and losing Pettigrew didn't help, that and our defense was worse than expected. Healthy Stafford w/ weapons makes us 2 wins better at a minimum I would hope. Last yr was really a disaster because of injuries, being healthy is a big priority for a team with a lack of depth.

ninjapleazee
03-01-2010, 07:59 AM
Stafford will calm down this year, last year it was a learning curve he has a lot of potential

... As for my crappy Bears, we'll see what happens. They for sure won't be on the bottom of the division but I'm not holding my breath for playoffs... more like 2011 Russ Grimm or Cowher will coach the Bears

Gunz4Sale
03-01-2010, 08:01 AM
Stafford will calm down this year, last year it was a learning curve he has a lot of potential

... As for my crappy Bears, we'll see what happens. They for sure won't be on the bottom of the division but I'm not holding my breath for playoffs... more like 2011 Russ Grimm or Cowher will coach the Bears

Louvie isn't a bad coach at all, but his allegiance to the Tampa 2 may do him in. That's if Jay Cutler doesn't do him in first.

Drift Gangsta
03-01-2010, 12:46 PM
heard dan lefevour doesn't have a strong arm?

projecks15
03-01-2010, 12:48 PM
^^ no, he has a strong arm, just really bad accuracy. Was watching his combine, cant throw at a standing target

Gunz4Sale
03-01-2010, 12:49 PM
heard dan lefevour doesn't have a strong arm?

He has arm strength similar to Pennington, but he has a high football IQ and he is athletic. He has the NCAA record for most career touchdowns with 147 I think it is. I was able to catch a few of his games, he can play but his arm isn't going to wow anyone.

Gunz4Sale
03-01-2010, 12:50 PM
^^ no, he has a strong arm, just really bad accuracy. Was watching his combine, cant throw at a standing target

Dan's arm is weakish, he does have a cannon by ANY MEANS. Plus at the combine a lot of the QBs look kinda blah wait til his pro day.

Drift Gangsta
03-01-2010, 12:52 PM
yeah i seen some of his Central Michigan games and he is pretty smart and everybody keeps saying he doesn't have arm strength from the combine but i wouldn't know because i dont have nfl network lolz

Gunz4Sale
03-01-2010, 12:53 PM
yeah i seen some of his Central Michigan games and he is pretty smart and everybody keeps saying he doesn't have arm strength from the combine but i wouldn't know because i dont have nfl network lolz

Jamarcus Russel he is not lol. Might be an almost polar opposite though.

Drift Gangsta
03-01-2010, 12:57 PM
^ lol

holy crap Jacoby Ford ran a 4.28

projecks15
03-01-2010, 01:10 PM
he's also 5'8 lol. I dont see anyone drafting him unless he can jump like steve smith or your're the oakland raiders

Stiggz
03-01-2010, 01:59 PM
At least Kris Brown doesnt get all butt hurt cuz I Owned him using a heartbeat sensor and then goes and tells everone not to invite me anymore....

LOL what? i guess you dont remember the game after that...i went to on to rape everyone just to show how gay-friendly a HBS is and how easy it is to win a FFA match using it the whole time...after that you bounced and was never to be heard from again...and if you think i was telling peeps to not invite you anymore, you got your parties muddled up. i never said that...they just didnt want to invite you in...im guessing its because they already have their own designated pussies that camp in the corner of maps with their HBS's on and didn't really need anymore LOL

PM me if u wanna talk

x_sl33py
03-02-2010, 10:37 AM
So Taylor Mays just ran a 4.24. WOW! lets see how he moves his hips. Oakland will definitely draft him now.

i-vtec195
03-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Oakland will definitely draft him now.

al davis is salivating over putting him with with darius heyward bust, and darren mc overrated...

rodneeking
03-02-2010, 11:05 AM
So now that the Jets are parting ways with Thomas Jones, where do you think he’ll end up? I see talk about the Texans but I’m sure they’re weary of having an older back again.

i-vtec195
03-02-2010, 11:16 AM
Safety dance in April will be interesting
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 2, 2010 1:07 PM ET

Taylor Mays' blazing forty time wasn't quite as fast as it appeared.

Perhaps because of an itchy trigger finger, Mays' unofficial time of 4.24 went all the way down to a 4.43.

Chris Johnson was not amused on Twitter: "Man yall killsme me w/ ths 40's stevie wonder must B doing the unofficial times how u go from 4.24 2 4.43 I made em kissdababy," Johnson tweeted.

NFL Network showed Mays only about a step behind Jacoby Ford's 4.28, which makes us question these times even more. Mays helped himself, but not that much.

Tennessee safety Eric Berry ran an official 4.47 and had one of the best vertical jumps in the history of the combine.

Texas safety Earl Thomas, Mike Mayock's favorite, ran unofficial times of 4.44 and a 4.53, which should allay any concerns about his speed. But his official time was something slower than a 4.47. He may be the most instinctive player of the three guys.

With Thomas and Berry excelling and Florida cornerback Joe Haden struggling, it's possible we'll see two safeties drafted before a cornerback.

:blob:

x_sl33py
03-02-2010, 11:39 AM
4.43 is fast, but not chris johnson fast. so gyea, i think he will still be a slightly above average player, but not sean taylor good. for a minute i thought he was going to prove the doubters wrong. maybe joe haden falls to the texans.

i-vtec195
03-02-2010, 12:00 PM
i don't put much into a back's 40 yard time. the first 10 yard burst is where it's at. besides, a lot of the smaller built backs who turn those times wear down too quickly.

chris johnson knows to help his cause by not taking too many solid hits...

Trae*
03-02-2010, 12:15 PM
4.43 is fast, but not chris johnson fast. so gyea, i think he will still be a slightly above average player, but not sean taylor good. for a minute i thought he was going to prove the doubters wrong. maybe joe haden falls to the texans.

god i wish we would get that lucky that idiot teams would pass haden up but he will run a better time at his pro day im sure he def isnt 4.57 slow.. he ran a 4.39 at UF and no way in hell he is slower then mays who ran a 4.4.

im hoping ben tate is still around for our 2nd round pick.

x_sl33py
03-02-2010, 03:04 PM
god i wish we would get that lucky that idiot teams would pass haden up but he will run a better time at his pro day im sure he def isnt 4.57 slow.. he ran a 4.39 at UF and no way in hell he is slower then mays who ran a 4.4.

im hoping ben tate is still around for our 2nd round pick.

gyea, if he runs a 4.4 or just sub 4.5 he will be gone by the time we pick. but iono, some teams might even pass on him if he runs another 4.5. nfl scouts love speed, especially at corner. If i was GM of the Texans, i would be happy Taylor Mays stock went up, that means Earl Thomas could probably be had at pick 20. but still prob not.

Even though i think we need a DT, in my honest opinion, that position is the biggest hit or miss position in the nfl. or one of the toughest position to evaluate. And we are so close to turning the corner to make that playoff push, i think Earl Thomas is about as safe as it can get and he feels a need. I also think reaching for Jahvid Best at 20 here if Thomas isn't available.

We are so close to making the playoffs that positions that takes time to develop such as DT and Oline, we need to sign those players in free agency. So im a little biased on drafting positions that usually have immediate impact such as Safety and RB first. It just happens that we need a FS and RB too.

xchrisonfiyax
03-02-2010, 06:57 PM
why havent we released Kris Brown yet?

x_sl33py
03-04-2010, 05:09 PM
so new evidence shows that taylor mays is now faster than jahvid best. ok, oakland is drafting him for sure now. i hope we do indeed land earl thomas now. i think we should trade for michael huff if we can't get thomas, oakland wasn't using him right, but oakland seems to be high on huff now. so doubtful.

projecks15
03-04-2010, 05:43 PM
^^ no, oakland is gonna draft wr jacoby ford cause he ran the fastest at the combine 4.28

Drift Gangsta
03-04-2010, 05:46 PM
oakland should draft a gm that's knows what the fuck he's doing

i-vtec195
03-04-2010, 05:48 PM
oakland should draft a gm that's knows what the fuck he's doing

their problems have little to do with their gm. the gm of the oakland raiders is just a suit.

Drift Gangsta
03-04-2010, 06:06 PM
their problems have little to do with their gm. the gm of the oakland raiders is just a suit.

al can't run that team anymore. they need to bring in someone who can imo

he's the one who wanted jamarsuck (granted that wasn't a good qb draft). he's the one who hired tom "ike turner" cable. and he's the one who drove shanahan, gruden and kiffin out of oakland.

i-vtec195
03-04-2010, 06:15 PM
jamarsuck's been working on achieving that oliver miller build... if he actually put any effort in, he might have a shot at o-line before he eats his way out of the league.

oakland fans are just waiting for the day that davis kicks over.

ThaJokaa
03-04-2010, 06:15 PM
The Texans have offered tenders to seven of their eight restricted free agents, including linebacker DeMeco Ryans, tight end Owen Daniels and strong safety Bernard Pollard, the team announced today.

The team's other restricted free agents who were tendered with qualifying offers are tackle Rashad Butler, running back Ryan Moats, guard/center Chris White and defensive end Tim Bulman. Safety John Busing was the Texans' lone restricted free agent who did not receive a tender offer. He will become an unrestricted free agent.

The qualifying offers, which came just before the start of free agency on March 5, give the Texans the right of first refusal with each player. The Texans will have seven days to match any offer a player signs with another team, or receive draft pick compensation in return depending on a player's tender level.

All of the Texans' tendered players except Bulman have at least four seasons of NFL experience, meaning they would have been unrestricted free agents in previous years. With the expiration of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, players are now required to accrue six seasons instead of four before becoming unrestricted.

i-vtec195
03-04-2010, 06:17 PM
gotta like the fact that they're trying to keep their team intact.

i-vtec195
03-04-2010, 06:18 PM
oh, and favre's on leno tonight. :rock:

Drift Gangsta
03-04-2010, 06:30 PM
jamarsuck's been working on achieving that oliver miller build... if he actually put any effort in, he might have a shot at o-line before he eats his way out of the league.

ninjapleazee
03-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Bears goin buck wild trying to sign everyone.. talk about desperation from Angelo and Smith...

I just hope they don't trade Greg Olsen cuz of dumbass Martz

x_sl33py
03-04-2010, 09:52 PM
cromartie got traded to the jets for a 2011 3rd, maybe a 2nd round pick. that's a pretty good deal. revis and cromartie should be a nice tandem. i think we need to make moves like this. we need to win now. i would mortgage a 2011 2nd round pick for cromartie. i think the front office has to take some gambles. we need players that can play right now, especially if they are pro bowl caliber players like cromartie.

looks like we will prob lose dunta robinson.

projecks15
03-04-2010, 10:07 PM
texans should go after antrel rolle

tenguin
03-04-2010, 11:12 PM
woohoo cromartie to the jets...

now if the texans will do something. maybe a hardnose runner in t.jones. we do need some help on defense though. t.jones will be good for those damned 4th and goals...i refuse to say that sorry asses name, i dont know why we play him so much. POS.

Mazda6
03-05-2010, 12:33 AM
Texans are linked to Chester Taylor from what I read.. I would love Antrel Rolle

ninjapleazee
03-05-2010, 07:07 AM
Texans are linked to Chester Taylor from what I read.. I would love Antrel Rolle

thats IF he leaves Chicago without a contract

Nega-Patio
03-05-2010, 07:17 AM
I heard Duntas signing with Atlanta

and we signed Turk to another year (WOOOOOO!!!!!! WHo cares? Really? I mean he's good, but come on with some real news)

Gunz4Sale
03-05-2010, 07:24 AM
Sven gimme some 411 on Nate Burelson apparently he's wearing Honolulu blue now.

i-vtec195
03-05-2010, 07:36 AM
Sven gimme some 411 on Nate Burelson apparently he's wearing Honolulu blue now.

Burleson lands in Detroit
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 5, 2010 2:09 AM ET

Nate Burleson famously once asked: Where the cash at?

The answer: Detroit.

Burleson agreed to terms with the Lions just two hours into free agency. (So much for letting the Seahawks match an offer.) Scout's Adam Caplan first had the news; ESPN's Adam Schefter reports it's a five-year deal.

It's a risky move for the Lions, who are desperate to find wide receiver help for Matthew Stafford after Calvin Johnson. Burleson has been wildly inconsistent in his career, and isn't known for his attention to detail.

The Lions went a similar route in free agency last year, signing Bryant Johnson to middling results.

UPDATE: The deal is for five-years, $25 million. $11 million is guaranteed. Wow.

UPDATE II: In case the "wow" didn't make it clear, we think that's an awful contract for Detroit.

deal's a tad rich, not sure i see it as awful. he's a legit #2 guy who has experience as a #1 guy. getting up there in age, though.

Vanden Bosch expected to sign with Lions
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 5, 2010 4:15 AM ET

Jim Schwartz should be seeing plenty more of Kyle Vanden Bosch after leaving his house this morning.

Jason Cole of Yahoo! says the Lions are expected to sign the defensive end as early as Friday.

The Jaguars, Bears and Eagles also showed interest after midnight, according to the Nashville Tennessean. Even though those teams have a better chance to win games, it looks like Schwartz's personal touch (and the Ford family's money) will win the day.

bears supposedly have peppers' attention, and chester's visiting them today. :facepalm:

Gunz4Sale
03-05-2010, 07:43 AM
deal's a tad rich, not sure i see it as awful. he's a legit #2 guy who has experience as a #1 guy. getting up there in age, though.

bears supposedly have peppers' attention, and chester's visiting them today. :facepalm:

Chester needs to leave the Norris instead of going to Chicago! Lions traded for Corey Williams too, I'm kinda liking where we're heading this year.

How well would Peppers fit in w/ Chicago? Is he quick enough for the Tampa 2?

ThaJokaa
03-05-2010, 08:15 AM

Actauly we dont want CT.

Gunz4Sale
03-05-2010, 09:17 AM
Got Vanden Bosch too. Operation repair the defensive line is coming along nicely on paper. Now if we add Suh I'll be happy.

i-vtec195
03-05-2010, 12:03 PM

dfakjg;hfd;gklfhisdlgh

projecks15
03-05-2010, 12:11 PM
....and chester is heading to da bears

projecks15
03-05-2010, 12:35 PM
miami released gibril wilson. He's not so bad

ninjapleazee
03-05-2010, 12:38 PM
so Seahawks are considering taking Brandon Marshall for 6th overall..

ninjapleazee
03-05-2010, 12:39 PM

dfakjg;hfd;gklfhisdlgh

incase you didn't get my text message...

"Somewhere in Minnesota Bryant McKinnie just pee'd a little" - mike florio

i-vtec195
03-05-2010, 12:46 PM
yeah, peppers made him his bitch, but great job by chilly not even using a tight end or back to chip...

:facepalm:

physically, peppers is the closest thing to reggie white in the league today.

i-vtec195
03-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Tim Tebow says, "More attention is a blessing."

:roflmao:

Gunz4Sale
03-05-2010, 01:13 PM
so Seahawks are considering taking Brandon Marshall for 6th overall..

Thats a shrewd move by the Hawks, especially if they were thinking about taking Dez at 6. Better to go with a known commodity than be stuck with a draft pick that may or may not pan out.

tenguin
03-05-2010, 02:54 PM
wtf do people keep giving burleson money? i just dont understand. its not like he did anything with the seahawks.

Drift Gangsta
03-05-2010, 03:04 PM
jets are gonnabe a qb nightmare next year (as if they weren't one already lulz)

dangdatsdanny
03-05-2010, 05:09 PM
Da Bears!

Gunz4Sale
03-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Wtf Ben Rothlisberger caught another rape allegation? Jesus Christ he's rich seems like bitches would gladly spread for him.

PlatES300
03-05-2010, 05:32 PM
anquan boldin goes to the ravens.

ninjapleazee
03-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Bears did good today. Now Antrel Rolle and some o-line. please

projecks15
03-05-2010, 05:55 PM
ravens finally have a legitimate recievers. Be cool if he went to texans though

ninjapleazee
03-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Texans resigned Walter.. and... Turk...

ThaJokaa
03-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Texans resigned Walter.. and... Turk...

According to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, the Texans have agreed to terms on a new multi-year contract with unrestricted free agent wideout Kevin Walter.

There is no announcement from the Texans. Per team policy, all transactions are not official until they are announced by the team.

Walter (6-3, 218) has been one of the most talked-about names in free agency, which began at 11:01 p.m. CT on Thursday. Teams reportedly interested in the 28-year-old's services include the Baltimore Ravens, New England Patriots, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cleveland Browns, Jacksonville Jaguars, Chicago Bears and the Cincinnati Bengals, Walter's former team.

The Ravens were widely reported to be frontrunners to sign Walter, but they traded for Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Anquan Boldin on Friday afternoon.

Texans general manager Rick Smith said at the NFL scouting combine that the team would like to re-sign Walter, who originally signed with Houston from Cincinnati in 2006. He averaged 59 catches and 770 yards over the last three seasons as the Texans' No. 2 wide receiver opposite Andre Johnson.

"Kevin's a big part of our team and has been a big-time contributor to our football team," Smith said on Feb. 26. "We would like to have Kevin back. We have articulated that to him. I met just as recently as last night with his agent, just kind of talking about what they expect and kind of where we are to see if there's a way to retain him, because he's an important part of our football team and we would like to (re-sign him)."

:rock:

projecks15
03-05-2010, 09:38 PM
antrel rolle to giants god damn it cmon texans!!

x_sl33py
03-06-2010, 09:42 AM
dunta signs a 6 year deal 50+ mil, 25 mil guaranteed with the falcons

sr20deK
03-06-2010, 09:41 PM
dunta signs a 6 year deal 50+ mil, 25 mil guaranteed with the falcons

....as much as i loved dunta as a texan. hes way past his prime. good shit though hes paid now.

i-vtec195
03-06-2010, 10:25 PM
way past his prime at 27 years old? not to mention that he was a bit knicked up.

Mazda6
03-06-2010, 11:34 PM
he was always locked on the top receiver and the team never had a consistent pass rush.. Robinson will be miss and hard to replace.

Also top notch in run defense

Drift Gangsta
03-07-2010, 12:22 AM
dunta is overrated. dude hasn't been the same since his injury.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=CB&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=75&numgames=1

#35 of 41 of cb's that play on 75% of defensive snaps.

that's not "pay me rick" money

Mazda6
03-07-2010, 12:59 AM
that thing also has Nnamdi Asomugha as 12th.. he is clearly the best CB in the NFL

Drift Gangsta
03-07-2010, 02:06 AM
that thing also has Nnamdi Asomugha as 12th.. he is clearly the best CB in the NFL

it goes by stats this year and a much as im a nnamdi fan he's not as good this year as he was last year.

his tackles, assist, and pass deflections are down since last year.

also factor last year he only gave up 161 yards as opposed to 246 this year. the average qb rating of opposing qb's on nnamdi last year was 55.0 while this year it's 98.2. last year nnamdi only allowed 20 yards after catch while this year he gave up 119.

Mazda6
03-07-2010, 09:38 AM
it goes by stats this year and a much as im a nnamdi fan he's not as good this year as he was last year.

his tackles, assist, and pass deflections are down since last year.

also factor last year he only gave up 161 yards as opposed to 246 this year. the average qb rating of opposing qb's on nnamdi last year was 55.0 while this year it's 98.2. last year nnamdi only allowed 20 yards after catch while this year he gave up 119.

also, I not really fighting but just trying to understand this. If Man to Man i can understand u get beat. How does this do zone coverage. Where a coverage is blwon and say Nnamdi or Robinson makes the tackle. This thing looks like they are hurt for that.

ThaJokaa
03-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Bodden speaks with Texans :rock:

Trae*
03-07-2010, 11:10 AM

Are u fucking serious? Lmao

Drift Gangsta
03-07-2010, 12:27 PM
also, I not really fighting but just trying to understand this. If Man to Man i can understand u get beat. How does this do zone coverage. Where a coverage is blwon and say Nnamdi or Robinson makes the tackle. This thing looks like they are hurt for that.

coverage numbers go by number of times thrown to that corner. if coverage is blown and they pick up the tackle it would help their cover ratings.

Mazda6
03-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Are u fucking serious? Lmao

who is hands down better than him. Its him and Revis 1 and 1a.

i-vtec195
03-07-2010, 08:08 PM

your boy signed with san fran today. :hsugh:

Drift Gangsta
03-07-2010, 08:12 PM
FRESNO STATE STAND UP!

Trae*
03-08-2010, 07:28 AM

lol you said dude is clearly the best CB in the league ... nobody even mentioned his name at all this year.

revis is better
as much as i hate to say it woodson is better

Gunz4Sale
03-08-2010, 07:35 AM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2010/writers/peter_king/03/02/mail/jimmy-clausen.jpg

Jimmy Clausen looks like a douche, and now there are questions about his character. He doesn't seem to be a trouble maker, just a major frat boy douche bag.

i-vtec195
03-08-2010, 07:44 AM
lol, he does look like a douchbag.

Drift Gangsta
03-08-2010, 11:29 AM
http://www.lugaluda.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/jimmy-clausen.jpg

lolz

i-vtec195
03-08-2010, 04:13 PM
confirmed. :o

ninjapleazee
03-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Clausen the douche that arrived in a limo to announce he'd sign with notre dame.. I really don't get it.. the dude's a tool why all the hype

Mazda6
03-08-2010, 05:16 PM
lol you said dude is clearly the best CB in the league ... nobody even mentioned his name at all this year.

revis is better
as much as i hate to say it woodson is better

no on mentions the Raiders all year either.. like no one mention Andre Johnson until Texans were .500 or better

Trae*
03-08-2010, 06:34 PM
no on mentions the Raiders all year either.. like no one mention Andre Johnson until Texans were .500 or better

I see its pointless but ugh people have been talking about aj for a while and yes before the texans were even a .500 team. Dude had 30 tackles and 1 int and u are saying he is clearly the best. Woodson had 70+ revis 50+ and both had plenty of INTs .

i-vtec195
03-08-2010, 06:46 PM

that's because broken carr was holding him back...

:lol:

ninjapleazee
03-08-2010, 07:17 PM

Saints Tracy Porter > Nnamdi Asomugha

i-vtec195
03-08-2010, 07:19 PM

tracy actually had a few rough games this year...

he sure as hell came to play when it mattered, though.

that bastard. :squint:

ninjapleazee
03-08-2010, 07:34 PM
speakin of Raiders.. they finally ditched Javon Walker... :rofl: man he must still be laughing at Al Davis for that ridiculous contract he got

xchrisonfiyax
03-08-2010, 11:43 PM
shoulda never left GB...

projecks15
03-09-2010, 04:04 PM
browns released QB Anderson after acquiring Wallace. Thomas Jones to the chiefs. Would make a nice 1-2 punch with a very young Jamaal Charles

Vicious
03-09-2010, 04:15 PM

Agreed. The very last touchdown of the season was Porter's interception return off of Manning.

i-vtec195
03-09-2010, 07:20 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/assets_c/2010/03/sweed1_500-thumb-250x149-6937.jpg

limas sweed.

pearl lude
03-09-2010, 07:21 PM
thomas jones to the chiefs, NOOO

Drift Gangsta
03-09-2010, 09:38 PM
Former Browns QB Derek Anderson excoriated the fans of the city of Cleveland on Tuesday, the same day the team released him.

In an e-mail to the News-Herald of northern Ohio, Anderson said:

"The fans are ruthless and don't deserve a winner. I will never forget getting cheered when I was injured.

"I know at times I wasn't great. I hope and pray I'm playing when my team comes to town and (we) roll them."

LOL

ThaJokaa
03-09-2010, 09:42 PM

Gunz4Sale
03-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Chiefs got Jones for a steal. 2 yrs 5 milli. That's it??

Mazda6
03-10-2010, 12:28 AM
Chiefs got Jones for a steal. 2 yrs 5 milli. That's it??

also Leigh Bodden got half of what Danta got... I think the rest of the FA market will be cheap

Gunz4Sale
03-10-2010, 12:07 PM
The heavily-guarded Wonderlic test scores from the NFL Scouting Combine have started to leak out. From the Twitter page of Palm Beach Post writer Edgar Thompson:

Gators QB Tim Tebow scored a 22 on his Wonderlic, Jimmy Clausen 23, Colt McCoy 25 and Sam Bradford 36 out of 50, per NFL source.

The Wonderlic, a timed, 50-question exercise, tests the aptitude of draft prospects. The official results of the tests are distributed by the NFL to the 32 teams after the combine, with scores occasionally leaking out. Other noteworthy QB scores that have been reported in the past: Ryan Fitzpatrick (Harvard) 49, QB Matthew Stafford (Georgia) 38, QB Mark Sanchez (28), Michael Vick (20) and Vince Young (15, after getting a 6 on first attempt).

i-vtec195
03-10-2010, 12:20 PM
i just read that...

marino scored a 13 back in the day.

Gunz4Sale
03-10-2010, 02:36 PM
i just read that...

marino scored a 13 back in the day.

A 13? Wow. I wonder what's on that exam.

x_sl33py
03-10-2010, 03:19 PM
even though nnamdi didn't make any headlines, but pretty much every coach and gm will tell u that nnamdi is at least on the same tier level as revis. the top tier cbs today are nnamdi, revis, and woodson. it could be in almost any order. all subjective.

Trae*
03-10-2010, 03:24 PM
even though nnamdi didn't make any headlines, but pretty much every coach and gm will tell u that nnamdi is at least on the same tier level as revis. the top tier cbs today are nnamdi, revis, and woodson. it could be in almost any order. all subjective.

never said he wasnt good but in no way shape or form is "clearly the best CB in the league" which was my point

i-vtec195
03-10-2010, 07:48 PM
"Lethargy addiction" label inadvertently sticks to JaMarcus Russell
Posted by Mike Florio on March 10, 2010 9:42 PM ET

As Raiders coach Tom Cable continues to try to coax maximum effort and ability out of quarterback JaMarcus Russell, recently declaring that the starting job is open for competition, a joke regarding the reasons for Russell's failure to live up to his potential has unexpectedly gotten legs in the Bay Area.

As Scott Ostler of the San Francisco Chronicle explains it, a sarcastic remark in Gary Peterson's Bay Area News Group column regarding a rumor that Russell is being treated for "lethargy addiction" was later echoed as fact by a Bay Area sportscaster.

Oops.

The contention has since taken on a life of its own, with multiple people believing that: (1) laziness is now recognized as a condition; (2) there's a treatment center for it; and (3) Russell has been enrolled in it.

Meanwhile, Russell apparently has been working out in Arizona in anticipation of the 2010 season. Or maybe he's just at a fat camp there.

"Coming up at 11:00 . . . . JaMarcus Russell is at a fat camp."

:roflmao:

Drift Gangsta
03-10-2010, 08:35 PM
LOL

Trae*
03-11-2010, 09:34 AM
HOUSTON—Offensive lineman Wade Smith, an unrestricted free agent courted for his versatility, has agreed to terms with the Houston Texans, his Nashville-based agent, Brian Parker, confirmed.

Smith’s four-year deal includes $6.25 million in guaranteed money in the first year and averages about $3 million a season.

An eight-year veteran who started 16 games over the last two seasons with the Kansas City Chiefs, Smith is expected to challenge for a starting job at guard or center with the Texans.

He also was courted by the Buffalo Bills and Arizona Cardinals