PDA

View Full Version : College Football Offseason Discussion Thread.

Pages : [1] 2

Vick_
01-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Life after Tebow, McCoy, and Bradford.

One of the biggest offseason news is Matt Elam and his decision.

Elam has been in San Antonio all week preparing for the U.S. Army All-America game. He is supposed to announce his college decision live during the telecast.

Vick_
01-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Florida switching to 3-4 next year!!!

Drift Gangsta
01-08-2010, 02:36 PM
just imagine, if boise runs the table next year they will be playing for a national title. wow.

Trae*
01-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Life after Tebow, McCoy, and Bradford.

One of the biggest offseason news is Matt Elam and his decision.

article in one of the gainsville papers had him quoted as decommiting from FSU after talking with urban ... sounds liike he is back on the gator train and god i hope so...

Trae*
01-08-2010, 02:38 PM
Florida switching to 3-4 next year!!!

source? urban had said when strong left he didnt want to change the D much ... im open to whatever keeps us making stops though.

Vick_
01-08-2010, 02:41 PM
article in one of the gainsville papers had him quoted as decommiting from FSU after talking with urban ... sounds liike he is back on the gator train and god i hope so...

Matt Elam loving the attention
by Ben Volin

One day Matt Elam is a Gator. Or a Seminole. Or a Georgia Bulldog.

With the deadline to enroll early in college rapidly approaching, the top recruit in the state of Florida just can’t make up his mind.

“Even though he’s 18, there’s still a lot of immaturity,” his mother, Addie Elam-Lewis, said Thursday. “The media keeps coming to him, and he likes the attention. That’s how he always was. I know (picking a college) is serious, but hey, it’s his life.”

Elam, a five-star safety from Dwyer High, originally committed to the Gators last year, but has flip-flopped more times than Brett Favre. At various times throughout his recruiting process he has listed Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Tennessee and West Virginia as his leaders.

Verbal commitments are not binding, and Elam has taken full advantage. Elam’s decision is only binding once he signs his name on his scholarship offer on Feb. 3, national signing day. Heck, even if Elam enrolls early at UF, he could still drop out and sign with FSU on signing day.

Elam, just last Thursday

Just last week, he de-committed from the Gators after Urban Meyer announced his resignation and then reversed course to say he is only taking an indefinite leave of absence. And not only did Elam de-commit from Florida, he subsequently committed to the Gators’ biggest rivals, Florida State. Last Thursday, Elam spent an entire afternoon in the Post’s offices taking photos and video while donning an FSU jersey.

“He said he didn’t know what he might do. That’s different from saying he didn’t trust him,” Elam-Lewis said. “He don’t know which route he might take, and that’s understandable.”

But Meyer, whose relationship with the Elam family dates back a decade when the elder brother, Abram Elam, played for Meyer at Notre Dame, called Matt Elam on Monday night. And whatever Meyer told Elam worked, because Elam subsequently de-committed from FSU and now lists Florida as his favorite, followed by Georgia and FSU.

Elam has been in San Antonio all week preparing for the U.S. Army All-America game. He is supposed to announce his college decision live during the telecast.

Elam will then jet off to which ever school he chooses and begin classes on Monday. Elam-Lewis said the family already has plans in place to help Elam move his belongings to Florida, FSU or Georgia, whichever school he picks.

“He’s ready to go, so all he needs to do is just go,” Elam-Lewis said.

As for Elam’s favorite at this point? His mother isn’t saying.

“All the schools that are recruiting him are good schools, so you can’t pick a bad one,” Elam-Lewis said. “He’s got to do what he’s got to do, and that’s what I say to him. What I say doesn’t matter, it’s what he says that matters.”

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/gatorbytes/2010/01/07/matt-elam-loving-the-attention/

Vick_
01-08-2010, 02:49 PM
source? urban had said when strong left he didnt want to change the D much ... im open to whatever keeps us making stops though.

in case you missed it last night, UF hired George Edwards, Miami Dolphins LB coach

Trae*
01-08-2010, 02:50 PM
in case you missed it last night, UF hired George Edwards, Miami Dolphins LB coach

yea there is a thread on GC all about it

Vick_
01-08-2010, 03:04 PM

No source, Im looking for us to switch to 3-4 as the Dolphins.

I know my post seemed that they we were doing so, but I posted wrong. my bad..

Vick_
01-08-2010, 03:09 PM
The Alabama Crimson Tide is the national champions. Thursday night, the University of Alabama football team defeated the Texas Longhorns to win the BCS National Championship with a final score of 37-21.

Coach Nick Saban and the tide accepted the BCS trophy in the center of the Rose Bowl field Thursday night. Now, the trophy is heading to Tuscaloosa. This weekend fans can get up close and personal with the sparkling football. The trophy will be on display Saturday, January 9 at the Walmart Supercenter on Skyland Boulevard in Tuscaloosa, from noon until 4:00 p.m. Sunday, January 10, it will be in the Gardendale location on 890 Odum Road from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. Fans should be able to have their picture taken with the trophy.

The ball that sits atop The Coaches’ Trophy is made of Waterford® Crystal and is valued at $30,000. The 34 inch trophy weighs 45 pounds and takes three months to produce. A new trophy is made each year so the winning school can keep it for permanent display on campus.

:rofl: @ fucking walmart!!

Trae*
01-08-2010, 03:15 PM
No source, Im looking for us to switch to 3-4 as the Dolphins.

I know my post seemed that they we were doing so, but I posted wrong. my bad..

wrd alot of people on GC were questioning that as well. i dunno if urban will allow much change to a scheme thats been working well. youd imagine this guy was hired with the intent to keep it very simliar....

being a LB coach though im sure he will help JJ out a ton and hicks if we get him

Drift Gangsta
01-08-2010, 03:15 PM
lol @ wal-mart

Trae*
01-08-2010, 03:17 PM
So Mallet is coming back and Snead is declaring ..not sure why Snead would declare he needs another year.

Vick_
01-08-2010, 03:19 PM
USF coach Jim Leavitt got fired..3

TAMPA, Fla. -- South Florida fired football coach Jim Leavitt after a school investigation concluded he grabbed one of his players by the throat, slapped him in the face and then lied about it.

A letter hand-delivered to the coach and released along with a report on the three-week probe said the university's findings were based on "independently corroborated statements of persons found to be in the best position to observe your conduct."

"Coach Leavitt committed a serious violation of our standards of conduct regarding treatment of students," university president Judy Genshaft said Friday, adding a national search for a replacement will begin immediately.

Reached by telephone, the only coach in the program's 13-year history told The Associated Press he was "disappointed" and the allegation was "absolutely false."

Leavitt told investigators he has never struck a player and that he was trying to lift the spirits of a player who was "down" when he grabbed the player's shoulder pads during halftime of a game against Louisville on Nov. 21.

But the letter athletic director Doug Woolard presented to Leavitt during a meeting with Genshaft informed the coach "your description of your conduct toward the student athlete in question was consistently uncorroborated by credible witnesses."

The school also concluded Leavitt interfered with the investigation by having "direct contact with material witnesses ... at a time you knew or should have known was critical to the review process."

Leavitt, who was 95-57, just completed the second season of a seven-year, $12.6 million contract.

"I truly wish there had been another outcome to this situation," Woolard said during a news conference Friday.

Before Leavitt's firing was announced, a USF staff member told ESPN's Joe Schad that the entire coaching staff would be fired. However, the university said coaches have been told it would be up to Leavitt's successor to decide whether they will be retained.

enshaft and Woolard launched the investigation last month after an AOL FanHouse report said Leavitt had grabbed sophomore Joel Miller and hit him in the face twice during halftime of the Louisville game.

Miller was penalized for an illegal block in the first half, and he also was on the field when Louisville returned a punt for a touchdown.

"I'm very disappointed. The allegations as reported are absolutely false," Leavitt said Friday. "I'm going to respond in time."

Miller told Schad that he would have no comment about Leavitt's firing but that he planned to release a statement in the coming days. In an interview last month, Miller said he plans to remain with South Florida's program.

"It's been real hard especially on my family," Miller said at the time. "But my plan is to stay and play here."

Citing Miller's father, a high school coach and five USF players who were not identified, FanHouse initially reported Leavitt struck Miller because he was upset about a mistake Miller made on special teams.

Miller's father later backtracked, telling reporters Leavitt did not strike his son but rather grabbed him by the shoulder pads while trying to motivate the sophomore walk-on.

Neither Genshaft nor Woolard took questions, and specifics about Leavitt's dismissal were not discussed during the news conference.

Investigators talked to several players, who were not identified by name and who either witnessed the alleged incident or were told of it by a player referred to in the report as "Student A."

The report said during an initial interview with investigators that "Student A" tried to play down the incident, saying the coach grabbed his shoulder pads and "didn't touch me in any malicious way."

The investigation concluded differently.

In his letter to Leavitt, Woolard said the athlete's statements after the probe began "are unpersuasive because they were contradicted by the same student athlete in his conversations with credible witnesses made close in time to when that conduct occurred."

Leavitt was hired in December 1995 and launched USF's program from scratch, operating out of trailers on campus in the early years while guiding the Bulls' swift progression from Division I-AA to BCS conference member.

USF joined the Big East in 2005 and has played in a bowl game every year since joining the league. The Bulls were ranked as high as No. 2 in the nation in 2007 before a midseason conference slide dropped them out of the Top 25.

Similar collapses in conference play followed 5-0 starts each of the past two years. The Bulls finished 8-5 this season.

Florida defensive line coach Dan McCarney, former Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville -- who has strong ties in the state from his tenure on Miami's coaching staff -- and Michigan offensive coordinator Calvin Magee are expected to be candidates to replace Leavitt, a source told ESPN.com's Ivan Maisel.

Information from The Associated Press, ESPN.com senior writer Ivan Maisel and ESPN college football reporter Joe Schad was used in this report.

Vick_
01-08-2010, 03:21 PM
So Mallet is coming back and Snead is declaring ..not sure why Snead would declare he needs another year.

Ya I read that, Snead should have stayed for another year.

Trae*
01-08-2010, 03:21 PM
another fucked up story now that the player and father seem to have changed their story

Vick_
01-08-2010, 03:24 PM
another fucked up story now that the player and father seem to have changed their story

Yup.

Leach to USF?? haha

Trae*
01-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Yup.

Leach to USF?? haha

turburville may get it if he doesnt go to TT he has miami ties... also talks of dan mcarney leaving UF for it but i hope he doesnt.

Vick_
01-08-2010, 03:34 PM
turburville may get it if he doesnt go to TT he has miami ties... also talks of dan mcarney leaving UF for it but i hope he doesnt.

Tubbs might go to USC if Pete leaves, WTF McCarney might leave for the job?!? Where did you hear this at?

Vick_
01-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Source: Ga. Tech interested in Groh

ATLANTA -- Dave Wommack has been fired as Georgia Tech's defensive coordinator.

Georgia Tech announced on Friday that Wommack will not return for the 2010 season. Coach Paul Johnson says he and Wommack "both agreed" a change was needed after Georgia Tech finished the season ranked 54th in the nation in total defense and 56th in scoring defense.

Wommack was asked if he wanted to stay on the coaching staff in a different position, but he declined, a source told ESPN The Magazine's Bruce Feldman.

"Dave is a good man and a good football coach," Johnson said. "But after speaking to him earlier this week, we both agreed that it was time for a change at that position."

According to the source, Johnson would like to run a 3-4 defense and is interested in hiring former Virginia head coach Al Groh.

Johnson said the search for Wommack's replacement will begin immediately.

The Yellow Jackets went 11-3 and ended the season ranked 13th but had struggles much of the season on defense. Georgia Tech allowed 24.8 points per game even when helped by the Yellow Jackets' ball-control spread option offense.

Georgia Tech allowed 30 or more points in six games this season.

GTech might look nice next year in the ACC

projecks15
01-08-2010, 04:00 PM
wow i wonder if college football is gonna be interesting next year. Just when i started to pay more attention to it. So who's gonna be the QB for OU and Florida?

Trae*
01-08-2010, 04:23 PM
Tubbs might go to USC if Pete leaves, WTF McCarney might leave for the job?!? Where did you hear this at?

he was listed as one of the candiates on the espn article

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4807719

edit: lmao its in the damn article you posted yourself!

Trae*
01-08-2010, 04:25 PM
wow i wonder if college football is gonna be interesting next year. Just when i started to pay more attention to it. So who's gonna be the QB for OU and Florida?

john brantly is UF's qb

Vick_
01-08-2010, 06:12 PM
he was listed as one of the candiates on the espn article

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4807719

edit: lmao its in the damn article you posted yourself!

Shit didn't read the bottom part lol I was on my nexus phone

Scientific
01-08-2010, 06:51 PM

I think Tech is going to hire him. he has just as many Texas ties. A former SEC coach who beat Bama for like 8 or 9 straight years, and undefeated in 04? He could potentially make that program turn the corner.

Trae*
01-08-2010, 07:11 PM
I think Tech is going to hire him. he has just as many Texas ties. A former SEC coach who beat Bama for like 8 or 9 straight years, and undefeated in 04? He could potentially make that program turn the corner.

Yea but the bama program he was beating was terrible then.

i-vtec195
01-09-2010, 09:58 AM
USC recruits can't get assistant coaches on the phone
Posted by Mike Florio on January 9, 2010 11:28 AM ET

With all reports pointing toward USC coach Pete Carroll leaving the Trojans and joining the Seahawks, here's the most tangible piece of evidence suggesting that something is amiss.

Per Adam Schefter of ESPN, USC's recruits have been trying unsuccessfully to reach the school's assistant coaches.

Other schools already have begun contacting players like receiver Kyle Prater and running back Dillon Baxter, who made a verbal commitment (i.e., a non-commitment) to the Trojans as a freshman and has not considered alternative landing spots.

In this regard, keep in mind that even the players who have played the baseball cap version of the shell game are not bound until they sign a letter of intent in early February. Thus, any players who had planned to go to USC can go elsewhere.

Likewise, USC's new coach will be able to pursue players who have already given verbal commitments to other programs.

Trae*
01-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Elam is a gator!! just declared during the game

Trae*
01-09-2010, 01:33 PM
floyd too!!

Trae*
01-09-2010, 01:51 PM
god damn and powell is headed to gainsville

sick recruiting class

Tubs is headed to TT

Scientific
01-09-2010, 01:55 PM
Tubs is headed to TT

What I tell you. Big name hire for Tech.

Vick_
01-09-2010, 09:36 PM
USC QB Aaron Corp Transfers To Richmond

Courtesy of Richmond Athletics

UNIVERSITY OF RICHMOND, Va. -- The University of Richmond has announced that sophomore QB Aaron Corp has signed an athletics grant-in-aid and will transfer to Richmond from the University of Southern California. Corp has two years of eligibility remaining and begins classes on Monday.

"I'm very excited to get on campus and start class on Monday," said Corp. "Richmond allowed me the opportunity to compete and play right away and I was very comfortable meeting with Coach Scott and his staff. The University has a tremendous football program and is nationally-recognized for its academics, especially in my major of international studies."

Corp, along with head coach Latrell Scott, will be available for media interviews Monday at a time to be determined.

This is Scott's first signee since taking the Spiders' head coaching position on December 15.

"This is an exciting time at the University of Richmond and we are thrilled to welcome Aaron to the Spider Football Family," said Scott. "He is a standout football player, an even better young man and we're expecting him to compete for playing time in the spring."

A native of Villa Park, Calif., Corp was slated to be the 2009 starter for Pete Carroll's Trojans before an injury sidelined him in the preseason and he lost his spot to freshman Matt Barkley. He was the team's No. 3 signal-caller during the 2008 campaign, which included playing one series in USC's 52-7 win at Virginia in Charlottesville.

A highly-touted prep signal-caller, the 6-3, 200-pound Corp entered USC with a wealth of honors that included his mention as a Parade, Rivals 100, EA Sports, and Super Prep All-America.

As a senior at Orange (Calif.) Lutheran High, he was 212-of-311 (.682) passing for 2,750 yards, 21 touchdowns and 7 interceptions. He also ran for 1,197 yards on 142 carries (8.4 avg.) with 12 TDs that year. Orange Lutheran went 14-1 and won the 2006 CIF Pac-5 Division and the California Division II championships.

In his three-year career as a starter, he amassed 8,668 yards of total offense and scored 76 TDs.

Richmond, which captured the 2009 CAA Football Championship, enters the off-season on the heels of an 11-2 campaign that ended with a last-second loss to Appalachian State in the NCAA Quarterfinals. In the last three seasons, the Spiders have won the National Championship (2008) and two CAA Football titles (2007, 2009).

Vick_
01-09-2010, 09:37 PM
Kentucky introduces Phillips as new football coach

LEXINGTON, Ky. (Sports Network) - The University of Kentucky introduced new head football coach Joker Phillips on Wednesday.

The Kentucky native was designated as the head coach of the future in January 2008 and officially takes over for Rich Brooks, who announced his retirement Monday.

"Joker is a native of the Commonwealth, an alumnus of the university, a letterman and a person who has been an integral piece of our last four bowl victories in program history," said Mitch Barnhart, UK athletics director. "He bleeds blue and believes in the foundational principles that coach Brooks has put in place for the program."

Phillips, who was in charge of the Wildcats' offense since 2005, played at Kentucky from 1981-84 and has been a part of Brooks' staff since 2003. He was also an assistant at Kentucky from 1988-96.

Brooks decided to retire after seven years as Kentucky's head football coach after leading the Wildcats to a 7-6 2009 season that concluded with a 21-13 loss to Clemson in the Music City Bowl, which marked Kentucky's fourth straight bowl appearance -- a feat never before accomplished at the school.

Phillips has also had coaching stops at Cincinnati (1997-98), Minnesota (1999-2000), Notre Dame (2001) and South Carolina (2002).

Vick_
01-09-2010, 09:38 PM
AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas All-America safety Earl Thomas is leaving school after his sophomore season to enter the NFL draft.

Vick_
01-09-2010, 09:43 PM
PASADENA, Calif. (AP)—Alabama quarterback Greg McElroy played the national championship game with a hairline crack in at least one rib.

Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban said Friday that the injury was “a little bit of a nuisance” to McElroy at times. But he said the quarterback never came close to having to leave the Tide’s 37-21 victory over Texas on Thursday night.

Saban said the injury didn’t show up on X-rays but was spotted during a bone scan. He said didn’t say exactly when McElroy was injured, only that the quarterback had the problem “for quite awhile.”

McElroy told ESPN.com after the game he hurt two ribs during the third quarter of the SEC championship game. He said he got it numbed before the national title game.

Told yall

Vick_
01-09-2010, 09:43 PM
Elam is a gator!! just declared during the game

floyd too!!

god damn and powell is headed to gainsville

sick recruiting class

Feels good to be a Gator right now :2cooleek:

Vick_
01-09-2010, 09:47 PM
Dont forget about Powell too

Vick_
01-09-2010, 09:51 PM
Hopefully we can snag Prater from USC :cross:

Trae*
01-09-2010, 10:09 PM
Dont forget about Powell too

lol u quoted me saying powell already!!

Trae*
01-09-2010, 10:21 PM
To say Powell is excited about the future is an understatement.

"Florida Gators baby - I'm a Gator," he said. "Urban Meyer has been nothing but loyal to me, the fan support, the city, the players, everything is great. I've got some upcoming class (members) coming in - Sharrif Floyd, Matt Elam. We're going to come in as freshmen, play as true freshmen and get a chance at that SEC Championship. After we win that, you know where we're going.

"No. 1 class in the nation ... we're about to do this thing."

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1037896

Trae*
01-09-2010, 10:25 PM
if jordan hicks comes to gainesville its gonna be one of the best recruit classes ever

Trae*
01-09-2010, 10:47 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=4811710

another good article on floridas 2010 class

damn i didnt even realize jackson jeffcoat was on our list. u know he is gonna be an animal with his dads genes

Scientific
01-10-2010, 12:17 AM
I'm reading some possible sanctions will be imposed on USC, any one know about this, only rumors. Its allegedly why Carroll is leaving the sinking ship that is USC. He built it up, and sunk it right down.

Trae*
01-10-2010, 09:51 AM
I'm reading some possible sanctions will be imposed on USC, any one know about this, only rumors. Its allegedly why Carroll is leaving the sinking ship that is USC. He built it up, and sunk it right down.

that whole school is probably going to get fucked,the basketball program is dirty and the football program has been dirty for a while with bush and now mcknight who knows how many others.

i-vtec195
01-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Report: Carroll officially resigns at USC
Posted by Mike Florio on January 10, 2010 9:57 PM ET

With the Seahawks and USC coach Pete Carroll reportedly meeting today to nail down the terms of his employment at the Seattle branch of NFL, Inc., progress apparently has been made.

According to Scott Wolf of the L.A. Daily News, Carroll has submitted his official resignation to the powers-that-be at Southern Cal.

And so a college football coaching contract continues to bind only the school, allowing the coach to leave whenever and however he wants, regardless of the problems his departure might cause.

you guys think this is the end of usc as a powerhouse?

Scientific
01-10-2010, 10:38 PM
you guys think this is the end of usc as a powerhouse?

I think it will be at least a decade before they get to be what they were in the 00s, and thats a big if. Cal and UCLA all of a sudden get pretty good recruiting prowess. They will almost undoubtedly be punished and sanctioned, and the NCAA will throw the book at them. OU of the 80s and FSU are pretty good examples of how long it takes to come back from scandals.

Whats funny is how that program gets in shambles almost overnight, and the one responsible bails.

Scientific
01-11-2010, 09:55 PM
damn i didnt even realize jackson jeffcoat was on our list. u know he is gonna be an animal with his dads genes

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4816586&name=Southwest_Recruiting

Doesnt look like Jeffcoat will be going to Florida.

It will be a major steal for UH if they by some miracle pick him because of his dad. I think he'll pick Texas when its all said and done though.

LURKER
01-11-2010, 10:18 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4816586&name=Southwest_Recruiting

It will be a major steal for UH if they by some miracle pick him because of his dad. I think he'll pick Texas when its all said and done though.

I'm keeping hope!

Gunz4Sale
01-12-2010, 07:16 AM
I read this kid Devin Gardner is pretty sick, he committed to Michigan which looks to be having a good recruiting year. Thank God.

Trae*
01-12-2010, 07:17 AM

oh well certainly not our loss. our class of DE's probably didnt help us

Gunz4Sale
01-12-2010, 07:23 AM
Just found my little cousin on Rivals. wrd http://rivals.yahoo.com/michigan/football/recruiting/player-Austin-White-73499

Vick_
01-12-2010, 08:16 AM
lol u quoted me saying powell already!!

Sorry I was buzzed that night, you know from the Cowboys playoff game, lol

i-vtec195
01-12-2010, 01:46 PM
Mariucci in the mix at USC
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 12, 2010 1:39 PM ET

Pete Carroll's departure from USC to become the Seattle Seahawks' head coach is continuing to make waves in the NFL coaching community.

The latest news involves former Lions and 49ers head coach Steve Mariucci, who may be a candidate to replace Carroll at USC.

Adam Schefter of ESPN is reporting that USC has been in contact with Mariucci, and that Mariucci would welcome the opportunity to return to coaching. Although Schefter says USC's contact with Mariucci has been informal so far, the news that Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio plans to stay in Jacksonville could cause Mariucci's contact with USC to heat up.

Mariucci has one year of experience as a college head coach, leading Cal to a 6-6 record in 1996.

hmmm.

Drift Gangsta
01-12-2010, 06:31 PM
lane kiffin :eek:

Trae*
01-12-2010, 06:41 PM
lol that is awesome fag couldnt win in the SEC and he knew it so he runs to the pansy ass 10 conference

Gunz4Sale
01-12-2010, 07:16 PM
Lane Kiffin has the whole college coach thing down.

Trae*
01-12-2010, 07:18 PM
USC is about to get the hammer dropped by the NCAA i cant understand why a coach would go there .

Scientific
01-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Chances are any coach they hire will use USC as a stepping stool for another gig. Its the glitter of the program. And even then that's waning. I doubt any major blue chip recruit would want to go to a sanctioned program. I've read a slew of recruits are starting to cross off USC of their list.

Gunz4Sale
01-12-2010, 07:35 PM
USC will still have their choice of blue chip California talent, the out of state recruits might be another thing.

Trae*
01-12-2010, 07:38 PM
USC will still have their choice of blue chip California talent, the out of state recruits might be another thing.

are you kidding me? pay attention to recruiting.... florida has cherry picked some of the best cali has

Gunz4Sale
01-12-2010, 07:40 PM
are you kidding me? pay attention to recruiting.... florida has cherry picked some of the best cali has

I was hearing reports that USC's recruits shouldnt be going anywhere now that Lane is on board.

Scientific
01-12-2010, 08:02 PM
recruits will probably be picking UCLA now. Or Oregon. Whats the point of going to a program that wont be competing for a bowl, and have limitations to scholarships. If UCLA or Cal start picking up the leftovers form USC, that makes their pool of players start looking at them.

Either that, or the likes of Florida, Texas, and Bama start trying to tap that Cali talent even more.

Drift Gangsta
01-12-2010, 08:06 PM
USC is done.

NCAA is gonna crack that hammer down.

Vick_
01-12-2010, 09:16 PM
I hope USC goes down bad! I hope they take a shit load of their scholarships for the next 5 years.

Kiffin knew he would never beat Florida, big fucking pussy there.

Drift Gangsta
01-12-2010, 10:14 PM
hahahaha

Police were called to the Neyland-Thompson Sports Complex on the Campus of the University of Tennessee as Lane Kiffin was meeting with players to inform them that he was leaving for USC. According to the Knoxville News-Sentinel a group of student chanted obscenities at Kiffin. And they weren’t nice ones either.

Fans also spray painted how they felt about Kiffin on “The Rock”. The Knoxville news has some photos of students being slightly more polite.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/56901835.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1263360635&Signature=bty9SoE0%2BjYOTYVG0kO7Avw6MH0%3D

Vols basketball player Renaldo Woolridge reports on Twitter that thousands of student chased Kiffin’s car down the street as he left campus. He tweeted that tear gas was used on the crowd and that fire trucks arrived at the scene.

Wes Rucker of the Chattanooga Times-Free Press reports via Twitter
“#Vols DE Ben Martin said he and other players walked out of the meeting before Kiffin was finished. “I just couldn’t sit through it.”"

Tuesday night USC officially announced that Kiffin would replace Pete Carroll as their head football coach.

In a brief press conference Tuesday night where Kiffin didn’t take questions he said, “This was not an easy decision. I really believe this is the only place I would have left to go.”

http://digitalsportsdaily.com/college-football/18496

Gunz4Sale
01-13-2010, 09:26 AM
From a recruiting standpoint, the hiring of Lane Kiffin could not be better for Southern California, especially when you consider the staff he is bringing with him.

Ed Orgeron, who served as Tennessee's assistant head coach this season and is a former USC assistant, will return to Los Angeles with Kiffin. Orgeron is one of the nation's finest recruiters, and the duo helped to save the Vols' 2009 recruiting class, which ended up as a top-10 class.

Kiffin will also be able to sell two of the very best coordinators in the country. His father, Monte Kiffin, is following him too, and reports late Tuesday night indicate that UCLA offensive coordinator Norm Chow could be Kiffin's offensive coordinator. It was the combination of Kiffin and Orgeron that sold many recruits on the Vols. Now USC will be able to sell those two, plus the innovative offenses of Chow.

Kiffin will inherit a recruiting class that is in far better shape than last year's Tennessee class when he took over. Despite having only 14 commits, USC has the nation's No. 11 class and is still in the mix for many of the nation's top uncommitted players. It's the kind of hire that has recruits buzzing. "I was a little shocked with the news. I had never heard his name in connection with the job, so I was quite surprised. I think it's a good deal, though, because it will bring a lot of great recruits to USC," said USC commit and four-star tight end Xavier Grimble (Las Vegas, Nev./Bishop Gorman). "I am looking forward to talking with coach Kiffin."

Grimble is the nation's top-ranked tight end prospect.

Four-star receiver Robert Woods (Gardena, Calif./Serra) previously stated he was solid to the Trojans despite the departure of Pete Carroll.

Indications are that four-star receiver Kyle Prater will also stick with USC

Looks like USC's class is going to be ok,

Trae*
01-13-2010, 09:44 AM
Looks like USC's class is going to be ok,

Innovative offense of norm chow. Please dude sucks ucla was garbage on offense.

Vick_
01-13-2010, 10:14 AM
I hope Brian Kelly wins every time they play Kiffin and USC, lol

Vick_
01-13-2010, 10:18 AM
Moeller senior quarterback Andrew Hendrix has decided to remain orally committed to Notre Dame, Moeller coach John Rodenberg said today.

Hendrix, rated among the nation’s top pro-style quarterbacks in the 2010 class by Rivals.com, had also considered Florida recently. He took an official visit to Florida this past weekend.

“I think Florida just flattered him, but in the end he was always going to Notre Dame,” Rodenberg said in an e-mail Wednesday morning.

Hendrix evaluated his college options after coach Charlie Weis was dismissed at Notre Dame on Nov. 30. Former UC coach Brian Kelly took over at Notre Dame in early December. Hendrix had a scholarship offer from UC when Kelly was the Bearcats coach.

Rodenberg said Hendrix always wanted to go to Notre Dame because of its prestigious tradition. Hendrix initially made an oral commitment to Notre Dame in late June 2009 while Weis was the coach.

Last spring, Hendrix also had several other high-profile scholarship offers, including Cincinnati, Ohio State, Miami (Fla.), Tennessee among several others.

Hendrix, who is 6 feet 3 and 230 pounds, threw for 1,353 yards and eight touchdowns this past season for the Crusaders. He was 120-of-210 passing (57.1 percent). He rushed 56 times for 236 yards and six touchdowns.

Hendrix will be able to sign a National Letter of Intent with Notre Dame on Feb. 3.

Scientific
01-13-2010, 10:21 AM
saw this posted in another forum.

http://crimsonaudio.net/media/funny/Kiffin_BH.gif

Vick_
01-13-2010, 10:25 AM
USC five-star WR commit Kyle Prater to ESPN: "I'm 100-percent committed to USC and will be enrolling next week."

Vick_
01-13-2010, 10:29 AM
http://img269.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-27506/loc99/03514_kiffinweasel_122_99lo.JPG

Vick_
01-13-2010, 10:37 AM
Tenn just bring Muschamp or Chris Peterson...

Scientific
01-13-2010, 10:44 AM
Kiffin is a circus. I hope he takes USC to the ground.

DPAJTGOSK00&feature=player_embedded#at=58

Vick_
01-13-2010, 10:50 AM
http://i47.tinypic.com/148ksw1.gif

werd, nga werd

Trae*
01-14-2010, 02:39 PM
here is the reason jeffcoat isnt coming to florida

Report from Orlando Sentinel,

Star defensive end Jackson Jeffcoat of Plano (Texas) West has canceled his recruiting visit to Florida set for this weekend.

It looks like Ronald Powell's decision to commit to the Gators this past weekend at the Army All-American Bowl fulfilled the needs UF had at defensive end and the Gators were full, scholarship-wise.

"They told me they had no scholarships left," Jeffcoat said Monday night via e-mail. "That's why I canceled my visit."

Jeffcoat's other finalists are Houston -- where his father and former Dallas Cowboys star Jim Jeffcoat is defensive line coach -- Arizona State, Oklahoma, Texas and USC.

Considering the Pete Carroll defection to the NFL, that interest could be waning in USC, as well.

Jeffcoat is the No. 1 player in the country according to ESPN, while Rivals.com ranks him No. 2.

To consider Gator bookends at DE of Jackson and Powell would have been a ridiculous pairing, but obviously not likely now.

Jeffcoat (6-5, 230) did not play in this past weekend's Army Bowl, sitting out with a sprained ankle. He is also a star basketball player for Plano West High.

He could be checking out Texas Tech after the hiring of Tommy Tuberville, according to Chris Lyke with TexasHSFootball.com. "I'm thinking he's going to end up at with Arizona State, Texas or with his dad in Houston. From what I understand, Florida is out of the picture."

The elder Jeffcoat played his college ball at Arizona State.

also he isnt the #1 player at ESPN anymore thats ronald powell .

florida has 4 of the top 10 players and hicks and henderson could make 6 of the top ten lol niiiiiice

Trae*
01-14-2010, 02:43 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/148ksw1.gif

werd, nga werd

yea that shit was classic

Gunz4Sale
01-14-2010, 02:55 PM
yea that shit was classic

I dont get the gif.

Trae*
01-14-2010, 03:06 PM
I dont get the gif.

It was a txt msg right when the lane kiffin story broke.

projecks15
01-14-2010, 03:11 PM
I'm guessing its about Lane Kiffin

biglos
01-14-2010, 03:32 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4825513

Muschamp rejects vols....

Trae*
01-14-2010, 06:44 PM
as i stated earlier florida is or has been cherry picking cali talent ... dillon baxter one of USC's biggest recruits has opened his commitment and will be making a trip to gainesville...

(By Greg Biggins / Scouts Inc.) There's a good chance USC could keep its entire recruiting class together, despite Pete Carroll leaving for the NFL and Lane Kiffin taking over. However, the one player who may opt to go in a different direction is ESPNU150 ATH Dillon Baxter (San Diego, Calif./Mission Bay). He committed over two years ago to USC and if there was ever a player more die hard for a school than Baxter was for the Trojans, I haven't seen him. Baxter was set to graduate early and enroll at USC in time for spring ball. This Friday would be his final day of classes and then he would be headed to Los Angeles to fulfill a childhood dream of his. But, everything changed when Carroll decided to take over the Seattle Seahawks.

projecks15
01-15-2010, 02:36 PM
everybody rejecting Tennessee left and right

Trae*
01-15-2010, 02:39 PM
they should have never fired fulmer to begin with. they need to give him the job back before they turn a former tough SEC team into a CUSA type team by hiring dooley

Scientific
01-15-2010, 05:00 PM
I wonder if Tuberville is second guessing his decision at Tech.

Trae*
01-15-2010, 05:12 PM
I wonder if Tuberville is second guessing his decision at Tech.

you mean now that the tenn job is avail? probably lol

but looks like tenn is going to hire dooley.... man thats a bad hire i think. a 17-20 coaching record :eek:

Scientific
01-15-2010, 06:10 PM
you mean now that the tenn job is avail? probably lol

He's SEC guy through and through from what Ive heard. I bet he's kicking himself right now. Tubs would have legitimized the Vols a heck of alot more than anyone out there and would have kept a good number of their recruits.

Trae*
01-17-2010, 11:00 AM
damn just stumbled on this video this was the prepress confernece from laney kitten leaving UT

7dbNBd4S8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dbNBd4S8II&feature=player_embedded

Trae*
01-17-2010, 04:35 PM
good lord i hope this kid follows in his dads footsteps and goes to UF

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/ekb8BAEzEd-UswAcxJTdpg/fred-taylors-son,-kelvin,-named-national-freshman-of-the-year.htm

In 2009, he proved it, rushing for 2,597 yards and a state-record 47 touchdowns on 295 carries. He added two receiving touchdowns, giving him 49 TDs on the season.

Taylor was particularly dominant in the playoffs. In four games, he rushed for 1,158 yards and 19 scores. He was the driving force behind Glades Day’s 1B state championship.

this kid is a freshman in HS :eek::eek::eek:

Vick_
01-19-2010, 11:52 AM
The NFL has announced the names of the 53 players who have been granted early eligibility for the 2010 NFL draft. The full list is below.

Kevin Basped, DE, Nevada
Arrelious Benn, WR Illinois
Eric Berry, DB Tennessee
Jahvid Best, RB California
Navorro Bowman, LB Penn State
Sam Bradford, QB Oklahoma
Dezmon Briscoe, WR Kansas
Antonio Brown, WR Central Michigan
Dez Bryant, WR Oklahoma State
Bryan Bulaga, T Iowa
Morgan Burnett, DB Georgia Tech
Bruce Campbell, T Maryland
Jimmy Clausen, QB Notre Dame
Rennie Curran, LB Georgia
Anthony Davis, T Rutgers
Carlos Dunlap, DE Florida
Jonathan Dwyer, RB Georgia Tech
Dominique Franks, DB Oklahoma
Clifton Geathers, DE South Carolina
Thaddeus Gibson, DE Ohio State
Jermaine Gresham, TE Oklahoma
Everson Griffen, DE Southern California
Rob Gronkowski, TE Arizona
Joe Haden, DB Florida
Aaron Hernandez, TE Florida
Kareem Jackson, DB Alabama
Chad Jones, DB Louisiana State
Reshad Jones, DB Georgia
Reshad Joseph, DT East Carolina
Darius Marshall, RB Marshall
Ryan Mathews, RB Fresno State
Rolando McClain, LB Alabama
Gerald McCoy, DT Oklahoma
Joe McKnight, RB Southern California
Shawnbrey McNeal, RB Southern Methodist
Carlton Mitchell, WR South Florida
Joshua Moore, DB Kansas State
Derrick Morgan, DE Georgia Tech
Jerell Norton, DB Arkansas
Jason Pierre-Paul, DE South Florida
Maurkice Pouncey, C Florida
Brian Price, DT UCLA
Dennis Rogan, DB Tennessee
Jevan Snead, QB Mississippi
Amari Spievey, DB Iowa
Golden Tate, WR Notre Dame
Demaryius Thomas, WR Georgia Tech
Earl Thomas, DB Texas
Donovan Warren, DB Michigan
Damian Williams, WR Southern California
Mike Williams, WR Syracuse
Jason Worilds, DE Virginia Tech
Major Wright, DB Florida

713_Integra
01-19-2010, 12:57 PM
dnt know if this was said
kevin sumlin to stay at uh =D

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4836594

LURKER
01-20-2010, 11:54 PM
dnt know if this was said
kevin sumlin to stay at uh =D

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4836594

Yup got him for 6 years! Hopefully the program keeps progressing.

Trae*
01-23-2010, 06:05 PM
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida coach Urban Meyer is working out regularly, eating better and has gained 20 pounds since the end of the season -- all good news for the Gators.

As for that leave of absence?

Well, it might not even happen.

Meyer, speaking publicly for the first time since Florida beat Cincinnati 51-24 in the Sugar Bowl, says his workload has been about the same during the recruiting season as it has been in other years. He also says he plans to coach the Gators during spring practice.

Meyer says athletic director Jeremy Foley and his wife, Shelley, want him to take some time off after signing day next month. But Meyer says he hasn't made any plans to step away.

Gunz4Sale
01-23-2010, 06:41 PM
So Urban is a workaholic that needs a vacation?

swyyyguy
01-26-2010, 06:11 PM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/35066342/ns/sports-player_news/

Trae*
01-26-2010, 06:53 PM
botched several snaps? he botched 3 wow cause that never happens to pros that play under center 24/7.

thats also the first place ive seen say he wasnt accurate or i should say "struggling bad with accuracy" .. all of the sudden he isnt accurate just because he is under center? lol ..

LURKER
01-26-2010, 10:11 PM
http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/012510aaa.html
Looks like the coogs are making the right steps to beef up the defense.

swyyyguy
01-29-2010, 08:42 AM
hello jackson jeffcoat and jordan hicks!

biglos
01-29-2010, 11:24 AM
^wrd

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/news/story?id=4869265

Gunz4Sale
01-29-2010, 11:26 AM
botched several snaps? he botched 3 wow cause that never happens to pros that play under center 24/7.

thats also the first place ive seen say he wasnt accurate or i should say "struggling bad with accuracy" .. all of the sudden he isnt accurate just because he is under center? lol ..

The big knock on Tebow has ALWAYS been he wasnt accurate and had a horrible release. Yah he hits recievers but most of those guys are wide open, ive yet to see a scout say they like the way he throw.

I have spent the week studying Tim Tebow at the Senior Bowl and my original opinion has not been swayed. I believe the odds are stacked against Tebow ever becoming a starting QB at the next level. I have two major concerns: His release and his accuracy on drive throws. Before delivering the ball, he drops it below his waist, cocks it and then wheels it forward at a slow rate of speed. He needs a lot of room in the pocket to operate and he won’t be granted that space at the next level. If he comes off his first read, he doesn’t have the time to re-cock and deliver the ball. He is comfortable on bucket throws. He can lay the ball up high in the air on fades and corner routes and drop it in the bucket. However, he really struggles to drive the ball downfield with velocity and accuracy. You have to be able to drive the ball on skinny posts, deep out routes and comebacks. The windows are small and the ability to place the ball accurately with velocity is incredibly important. He is best suited to go to a team with an established QB. He can contribute in the wildcat stuff while developing his skill as a TE/HB.

http://www.movethesticks.com/?p=1206

Trae*
01-29-2010, 03:46 PM
The big knock on Tebow has ALWAYS been he wasnt accurate and had a horrible release. Yah he hits recievers but most of those guys are wide open, ive yet to see a scout say they like the way he throw.

http://www.movethesticks.com/?p=1206

you couldnt be anymore clueless with that comment . you say yea he hits the wr's but they are open yet he isnt accurate? brilliant.

his knock has been his throwing motion not his accuracy

Gunz4Sale
01-30-2010, 11:34 AM
you couldnt be anymore clueless with that comment . you say yea he hits the wr's but they are open yet he isnt accurate? brilliant.

his knock has been his throwing motion not his accuracy

Already tired of Favre Watch 2010? Then can I interest you in a little Tebow Watch?

We pass along reviews of Tebow's first day at Senior Bowl practice with the knowledge that the buildup to the NFL Draft will be a long one, with many ups and downs for Tebow. Monday was a downer.

Lindsay Soto on NFL Network: Tebow fumbled the first snap from center, then botched roughly 5-6 more during the day. Tebow is used to playing out of shotgun.

Chris Mortensen on Twitter: "First impression from NFL folks on Tebow at Senior Bowl -- it is indeed going to be a challenging process for him."

Stephen Holder of the St. Petersburg Times: "I'm on the sideline at the Senior Bowl practice and let's just say Tim Tebow is not exactly lighting it up. Horrible mechanics and accuracy."

Tebow will get a chance to rebound in the next three days of practice on NFL Network.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/25/tebow-has-rough-first-day-at-senior-bowl/

Hitting an open receiver does not make you a great qb, hitting the guy in coverage makes you a good qb. Jamarcus can hit a receiver with 2 yds of separation.

Also how am I wrong when I pasted a comment from a former Ravens' scout, you know they draft WELL said the same thing? Tebow is a hell of a college QB, but thus far he hasnt displayed the chops to play QB fulltime in the NFL.

Trae*
01-30-2010, 12:15 PM
thats twice now youve posted up stuff from nobodies and why are you posting stuff thats already been said from the first day of practice?

stephen holder of the st petersburg times lol and key word is a FORMER scout wonder why he doesnt have that job now and has some third rate football website?

jamarcus cant hit the broad side of a barn and you just prove my point by trying to use him as an example. he wasnt that good in college either and had horrible passing stats and where was he rated again in the draft?

so tell me how a guy thats never been below 64% not accurate? tell me how a guy thats been in the top 3 qb rating every year not accurate? a guy thats got extremely better passing stats then mcdumbs #1 pick that didnt even come out this year? and yea tebow has never hit a guy in coverage do you watch any games or just comment on them from crap you read from nobody reporters? you know there are HOF players that have said he will/could be great right? but hey lets just listen to the reporters like mcdumb whos greatest day on the gridiron was 48 yards passing in high school.

tebow may not be a great nfl qb but only idiots pass the judgement before they even play the game and get the chance. kinda like mcdumb and kieper thinking bush and vince should have been #1 and the texans were stupid.or kinda like how your sorry lions pick shitty wr after shitty wr.

Cpt. Krunk
01-31-2010, 12:39 PM
Texas gets No. 2 prospect DE Jeffcoat and No. 4 prospect OLB Hicks. Florida and Texas are having a great recruiting year.

i-vtec195
01-31-2010, 01:46 PM
Hitting an open receiver does not make you a great qb, hitting the guy in coverage makes you a good qb. Jamarcus can hit a receiver with 2 yds of separation.

...and in the pros, 2 yards doesn't cut it often, either.

you've gotta be able to put it on a shoulder/hip/etc. in full stride with tight coverage. that's the difference in analyzing accuracy in the eyes of a pro scout.

Scientific
02-03-2010, 12:46 PM
National Signing Day, with no surprise Florida and Texas are the two top classes. Auburn is number three, Im surprised by that a bit. UH has made some strides, they got some Samoan kid from Cali, a 4 star recruit. Their class is pretty solid.

Trae*
02-03-2010, 01:38 PM
National Signing Day, with no surprise Florida and Texas are the two top classes. Auburn is number three, Im surprised by that a bit. UH has made some strides, they got some Samoan kid from Cali, a 4 star recruit. Their class is pretty solid.

Yup auburn always recruits decent. Suprised that laney kitten is actually brain washing kids to go to USC.

Trae*
02-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Fsu has also moved up the ladders

Scientific
02-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Despite their woes, The Vols still made a top 10 class. And USC will still recruit, but even I'm dumbfounded at how Kiffin got such a high class. I guess you can attribute that to their brand.

713_Integra
02-04-2010, 03:40 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Tebow-to-Jags-talk-isn-t-sitting-well-with-at-le?urn=ncaaf,217616

LOL

Tebow-to-Jags talk isn't sitting well with at least one actual Jag
By Holly Anderson

Remember those rumors, way back in the fall, about the Jacksonville Jaguars setting their sights on hometown hero Tim Tebow before he'd even played his senior season? That owner Wayne Weaver was said to be considering plucking the Tebow Child early in the draft as a sales-boosting gambit? Lately, the scorn of the scouts and his obvious struggles in the Senior Bowl haven't tempered local enthusiasm for Tebow as the draft draws nigh, but at least one member of the franchise isn't afraid to express his, let's say ... misgivings about adding Tebow to the roster, according to the Florida Times-Union:

[Offensive lineman Uche] Nwaneri posted on the Jaguars’ Web site that, while cashing a check, a bank teller started talking about how Tebow will save the Jaguars.

So Nwaneri posted his five points on Tebow, with capital letters:

"1. He can't throw, PERIOD.

2. He can't read any coverage other than probably cover 2 or man.

3. The QB Wildcat WILL NOT WORK IN THIS LEAGUE. PERIOD.

4. He doesn’t know how to take a snap from center.

5. HE CAN’T THROW, and that’s really something you either have or not."

I guess that settles it, then. Obviously, there's nothing the kid can do to help the team. Oh, and one more thing:

Nwaneri then urged fans to buy tickets because he doesn’t want to come out "for pregame warmups to a COMPLETELY EMPTY STADIUM ANYMORE."

Let's talk business, Uche: Whether or not the Tebow Child can make a successful transition to the pro game on the field, putting warm bodies in seats is obviously among the greatest of his many other talents. Give the people what they want. And even if Nwaneri and the legions of critics are right that Tebow is bound for NFL flopdom, I guarantee thousands of Georgia fans would be willing to make the drive down to the site of so many Cocktail Party aggravations for the sole purpose of watching their former tormenter operate behind a line that might not feel much like blocking for him.

- - -

LURKER
02-04-2010, 06:34 PM

My boss told me that UH had the second best recruiting in Texas this year. I can't find any information on that tho. He said Texas, UH, and Rice somehow got third. Anyone care to clear this up for me? I can't see Rice beating out Texas Tech on recruits.

Scientific
02-04-2010, 07:26 PM
My boss told me that UH had the second best recruiting in Texas this year. I can't find any information on that tho. He said Texas, UH, and Rice somehow got third. Anyone care to clear this up for me? I can't see Rice beating out Texas Tech on recruits.

He was pulling your chain. No way UH beats A&M. Both UT and A&M will always dominate recruiting here, them and OU. And OU swept a recruit away from A&M this year.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/teamrank.asp?SID=0

Tech on the other hand, UH is only four spots behind them. UH went from being ranked in the 80s last year in recruiting to 45. Coog fans better pray that Sumlin stays, because he's really putting in the pieces for that program.

LURKER
02-04-2010, 07:35 PM
He was pulling your chain. No way UH beats A&M. Both UT and A&M will always dominate recruiting here, them and OU. And OU swept a recruit away from A&M this year.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/teamrank.asp?SID=0

Tech on the other hand, UH is only four spots behind them. UH went from being ranked in the 80s last year in recruiting to 45. Coog fans better pray that Sumlin stays, because he's really putting in the pieces for that program.

Well he signed for six years and has a decent salary. Just signed the form defensive coordinator for the cowboys and eagles. I don't think he will leave anytime soon. I wasn't counting OU, I meant Texas colleges only. I figured he was talking out of his ass. UH being second was a stretch but Rice third lol no way. BTW makes no sense that Baylor is higher than TCU, TECH, or UH.

PeteSi
02-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Lane Kiffin going a bit nuts? lol
According to the Wilmington News Journal, Bear, Del., seventh-grade quarterback David Sills committed Thursday night to accept a football scholarship from USC.
The 13-year-old, who attends Red Lion Christian Academy, told delawareonline.com "my heart was beating so fast" when he talked to Kiffin.

Red Lion high school varsity coach Eric Day confirmed that Kiffin recently offered the teen a scholarship, and that Sills committed, according to the Wilmington paper.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/13-year-old-commits-to-USC-and-pancakes-for-b?urn=ncaaf,217861

Trae*
02-05-2010, 04:21 PM
yea a 13 yr old?thats ridiculous

Gunz4Sale
02-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Ever since the Big Ten started kicking around the idea of expanding to twelve teams, Texas has figured prominently in the discussion of who that 12th member might be. Missouri, Pittsburgh, and Syracuse have figured more prominently, but each of those schools seemed somewhat less than ideal as expansion targets.

Texas itself has also seemed like a longshot. Many have dismissed the Longhorns out of hand, citing a (nonexistent) rule that the Big Ten will only expand to states which border on its current territory. Others believe the travel costs involved for non-revenue sports would essentially kill the deal.

Don't be so quick to dismiss the chances of Texas joining the Big Ten. The Lawrence (Kansas) Journal-World is reporting the parties have already made contact.

Then again, this could be one of those reports we all need to take with a grain of salt:A source with ties to the Big Ten said that while most people's attention has been trained on the conference stealing Missouri, the Big Ten has engaged in "preliminary exchanges" with a much bigger fish from the Big 12.

"There have been preliminary exchanges between the Big Ten and Texas," the source told the Journal-World on Wednesday. "People will deny that, but it's accurate." "A source with ties to the Big Ten" is a maddeningly vague phrase. It could be anybody from an actual conference official to a Big Ten school athletic director to an assistant coach who used to coach at a Big Ten school. Technically, it could even mean somebody who graduated from a Big Ten university, but that's obviously very unlikely.

The Journal-World knows who its source is, though, so I'm willing to give this story the benefit of the doubt. I'll assume it's somebody who is actually in a position to know if there's been contact between the conference and Texas.

The benefits of expanding the conference to the media-rich state of Texas should be obvious, and it's clear the Big Ten wants to maintain a significant presence in Texas no matter what. Texas may never actually join the conference, but it would be a great fit academically, athletically, and culturally. This is one report worth keeping an eye on.

They would almost be guaranteed a BCS title game every year playing in the Big 10 unfortunately.

Trae*
02-11-2010, 01:07 PM
no they wouldnt but the talk of them moving to the big 11 errrr big 10 is absurd where did you even pull this article from?

Gunz4Sale
02-11-2010, 01:13 PM
no they wouldnt but the talk of them moving to the big 11 errrr big 10 is absurd where did you even pull this article from?

Si.com

Texas would roll over damn near everyone in the big 10. If Ohio state can go undefeated there and get a BCS game every other year why wouldn't Texas? I hope this doesn't happen though.

Trae*
02-11-2010, 01:33 PM
ohio state doesnt get to the bcs game every other year what are you smoking? they have been twice and gotten raped twice

Gunz4Sale
02-11-2010, 01:35 PM
ohio state doesnt get to the bcs game every other year what are you smoking? they have been twice and gotten raped twice

Didnt they go in 03 or 04 too when they won? So theyve been what 3x in 9 yrs? So every 3rd yr(on average)? Point is they play in the damn game a little too often and that's largely because they play in the Big 10.

Scientific
02-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Texas wouldn't want to go to the Big 10 I think. Back in the day they were aiming for the Pac 10. A conference that's just as easy to dominate. Its not going to happen.

LURKER
02-14-2010, 11:37 PM
Texas is the biggest force in Big 12 since OU has had problems. They will not leave anytime soon. Why would they leave one of the most popular conferences? Makes no sense, thats like Florida leaving SEC.

Gunz4Sale
02-15-2010, 07:14 AM
Texas is the biggest force in Big 12 since OU has had problems. They will not leave anytime soon. Why would they leave one of the most popular conferences? Makes no sense, thats like Florida leaving SEC.

$$$ Big ten has lots of it, for instance had Notre Dame joined the big 10 they would have got more money than their current deal w/ NBC nets them. ESPN picked up the story too.

Trae*
02-15-2010, 09:05 AM
$$$ Big ten has lots of it, for instance had Notre Dame joined the big 10 they would have got more money than their current deal w/ NBC nets them. ESPN picked up the story too.

Big 10 doesn't have anymore money then the big 12.

Gunz4Sale
02-15-2010, 09:30 AM
Big 10 doesn't have anymore money then the big 12.

That's probably debateable, but my point was big ten might throw them a crazy offer to join up. Texas would be a huge cap in the feather for the Big 10. Although I think it's more likely we get Missouri or Pitt before Texas.

bong95
02-15-2010, 11:46 AM
Texas already has an unfair share in the BIGXII. That was part of the deal when they left the SWC. Why would they leave that? Plus geographically, it doesn't make sense.

Trae*
03-11-2010, 07:21 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4983814

EUGENE, Ore. -- Oregon quarterback Jeremiah Masoli, who helped lead the Ducks to the Pac-10 Conference title and a Rose Bowl berth last season, faces a burglary charge in connection with a theft at a campus fraternity house in late January.

The Lane Country district attorney's office says Masoli and former Oregon receiver Garrett Embry were each charged Wednesday with one count of burglary in the second degree.

Masoli and Embry were scheduled to be arraigned in Lane County Circuit Court on Friday afternoon.

The district attorney's office did not respond to a phone call seeking further comment on the case. In a statement Wednesday evening, Oregon coach Chip Kelly said he was "carefully considering the latest news" concerning Masoli and would make a decision about disciplinary action on Friday.

"Any time an athlete is involved with the law, we're concerned, but we'll let the legal process run its course," Oregon athletic director Mike Bellotti told The Oregonian. "We recognize that there are issues, and we'll just move forward. Sometimes we have some information, from a player's point of view, and you just have to wait until the truth comes out."

A fraternity member reported that Masoli and Embry stole two computers and a guitar from the Sigma Alpha Epsilon house on Jan. 25.

Police were tightlipped about the alleged theft, claiming it was under investigation.

The Ducks announced in early February that Embry had been dismissed from the team a month before for violating team rules unrelated to the alleged theft.

Masoli, who came to the Ducks as a junior college transfer out of Daly City, Calif., threw for 2,147 yards and 15 touchdowns last season. He also rushed for 668 yards and 13 touchdowns.

Oregon made a remarkable comeback from a season-opening loss to Boise State to win its first Pac-10 title since 2001 and earn its first trip to the Rose Bowl since 1995. Oregon came up short in Pasadena, losing 26-17 to Ohio State.

Embry appeared in 11 games last season, mostly on special teams.

winc281
03-11-2010, 08:07 AM
:facepalm:

john06w
03-25-2010, 07:24 PM
have any of you been able to attend your college's spring football practices yet?

PissYellowGTi
03-29-2010, 02:08 AM
have any of you been able to attend your college's spring football practices yet?

yes

Vick_
03-31-2010, 09:56 AM
yes

How is your QB coming along?

PissYellowGTi
04-02-2010, 10:44 PM
How is your QB coming along?

Nick Florence has been taking the first-team's snaps. RG3 is doing individual drills to prevent any contact to his knee. The offense has looked "ok" so far, but the defense is great. As long as he stays healthy, we can compete with anyone in the big-12 this year.

Drift Gangsta
04-16-2010, 02:04 PM
wrd on the street is this dillon baxter kid may be the next BIG thing at the running back position?

DUUq1gD_t7w

:48

Trae*
04-16-2010, 02:11 PM
wrd on the street is this dillon baxter kid may be the next BIG thing at the running back position?

DUUq1gD_t7w

:48

its spring practice and he is going against a weak ass defense

Drift Gangsta
04-16-2010, 02:26 PM
its spring practice and he is going against a weak ass defense

well of course, but scouts are saying he has great vision. he put up ridiculous numbers in hs and nfl scouts have been saying he was going to be special when he was just in hs.

i never heard of him but there seems to be a lot of hype around him.

Trae*
04-16-2010, 02:46 PM
well of course, but scouts are saying he has great vision. he put up ridiculous numbers in hs and nfl scouts have been saying he was going to be special when he was just in hs.

i never heard of him but there seems to be a lot of hype around him.

way overhyped just like everything that goes to USC ... he wasnt even close to being the best RB recruit this year only ranked 117th on ESPNU as an Athlete. im a florida homer and all but we have 6 guys on roster that could make that run from that video. they are all faster then him as well lol

biglos
06-06-2010, 10:32 PM
Anyone keeping up with this?
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5257774

Scientific
06-06-2010, 11:33 PM
Of course, i personally dont want to be in the Pac 10. I dont like their brand if football. The SEC could come knocking too, and of they do, I hope A&M bolts, with or without Texas.

Trae*
06-07-2010, 09:21 AM
Of course, i personally dont want to be in the Pac 10. I dont like their brand if football. The SEC could come knocking too, and of they do, I hope A&M bolts, with or without Texas.

all of it is fucking stupid and they (pac10 & big 10) are just trying to gain an edge or get close to the SEC which isnt happening. logistically speaking its downright ricky retardo for any big 12 school to join the PACIFIC 10 conference . big 10 is one thing but pac 10 is just dumb .

i would say the only schools that need to be changing conferences are boise st,tcu,utah,etc since they complain about getting left out of BCS stuff but then if they all joined BCS conferences we may get stuck with that system forever since nobody would be left to fight it.

Scientific
06-07-2010, 03:29 PM
all of it is fucking stupid and they (pac10 & big 10) are just trying to gain an edge or get close to the SEC which isnt happening. logistically speaking its downright ricky retardo for any big 12 school to join the PACIFIC 10 conference . big 10 is one thing but pac 10 is just dumb .

i would say the only schools that need to be changing conferences are boise st,tcu,utah,etc since they complain about getting left out of BCS stuff but then if they all joined BCS conferences we may get stuck with that system forever since nobody would be left to fight it.

But they dont bring in ratings. Its all about the TV ratings. The Pac 10 knows it, and as its stands the SEC doesnt need them. With USC proabably going down the toilet the Pac 10's cash cow is going to be crippled. They're looking to bring in money.

This state alone brings in big ratings. If they do bring in the Big 12 South, I think it can work. But I'd hate being in the Pac 10. Texas and A&M have closer ties and history to LSU, Arkansas, Auburn, and Bama. I just dont dig the Westcoasts brand of ball.

LURKER
06-08-2010, 07:43 AM
I see Big 12 changing a lot in the next year. Really sucks because it is pretty much a Texas based conference. Arkansas, is rumored to come over to Big 12 as well. Also read Baylor is fighting to get included with the Texas, A&M, and Tech, "Pac 16" plan. Would be sad to see Big 12 become a weak conference like C-USA.

Trae*
06-08-2010, 07:46 AM
I see Big 12 changing a lot in the next year. Really sucks because it is pretty much a Texas based conference. Arkansas, is rumored to come over to Big 12 as well. Also read Baylor is fighting to get included with the Texas, A&M, and Tech, "Pac 16" plan. Would be sad to see Big 12 become a weak conference like C-USA.

arkansas isnt leaving the SEC why the hell would they big 12 cant offer what they get now

Scientific
06-08-2010, 08:52 AM
Werd. Arkansas isnt leaving the SEC. If the Baylor rumor is true I find that hilarious. No on wants them, and they only got in the Big 12 to begin with because of political clout.

I dont think they get in over Colorado.

LURKER
06-09-2010, 04:53 PM
Werd. Arkansas isnt leaving the SEC. If the Baylor rumor is true I find that hilarious. No on wants them, and they only got in the Big 12 to begin with because of political clout.

I dont think they get in over Colorado.
well all the talk on espn says Baylor is using their political connections to get. Included like they did in the Big 12. Also, MWC is looking at Colorado if the 12 falls. Word is boises, tcu, Utah, UH, SMU, Colorado are being looked at by MWC to make a BCS buster conference. Their waiting to see if the 12 falls first. This is all talk so I'm sure it's wives tales. I also know for a fact UH is trying to be looked at by the PAC 16 plan by talking to legislators and UT. I doubt that will happen but it nice that their atleast trying.

Scientific
06-09-2010, 05:49 PM
well all the talk on espn says Baylor is using their political connections to get. Included like they did in the Big 12. Also, MWC is looking at Colorado if the 12 falls. Word is boises, tcu, Utah, UH, SMU, Colorado are being looked at by MWC to make a BCS buster conference. Their waiting to see if the 12 falls first. This is all talk so I'm sure it's wives tales. I also know for a fact UH is trying to be looked at by the PAC 16 plan by talking to legislators and UT. I doubt that will happen but it nice that their atleast trying.

The best shot UH has is to be included with TCU in the MWC. Thats it, no way the Pac 10 takes them in with UT, A&M, and Tech already covering most of the state. They'll probably get no backing form the other schools. And anyone who thinks the SEC will invite them is smoking sherm. UH's best bet is to try and get in the MWC, on the basis that they will provide a Houston tv market, because other than that until recently and depending on how long Sumlin stays, UH was dead when it came to national attention.

And Baylor can whine and pout to try and get in, but most of Texas has resentment towards them for what they did to try and get into the Big 12. They don't have a governor in office to pull strings and the Pac 10 is looking for ratings. They'd probably ask BYU or Utah to get in before Baylor gets considered by them. I would be really surprised if Baylor does get in.

john06w
06-09-2010, 05:54 PM
Baylor is done. The only reason they had the slightest pull when the Big 12 was formed was due to the fact they didnt absolutely suck back then, and they had people in government positions.

This year, its all about money this time around. Teams that can bring in viewers will be taken in, while the others will be left for pickings for mid-major conferences. There were games where baylor didn't even fill up a 1/4 of their section, the visitor team was the majority of attendance, and do not forget... their students are GIVEN tickets for free.

That being said, i'm sure Baylor will end up in the CUSA or somewhere else. I have no clue where Kansas and Kansas St. will go..

and lurker.. Colorado was invited to the PAC 10 along with the 5 south schools. they would be stupid not to take that offer

john06w
06-09-2010, 06:00 PM
I personally would love if the SEC re-extended it's offer to the A&M.. in Football it would take a while to be competitive.. but it would be automatic winning in other sports

although this is very unlikely..

Trae*
06-09-2010, 07:21 PM
I personally would love if the SEC re-extended it's offer to the A&M.. in Football it would take a while to be competitive.. but it would be automatic winning in other sports

although this is very unlikely..

what sport do you think a&m could automatically win in if they were in the SEC as opposed to the Big12?

and i see nobody posted it yet nebraska is going to the big 10 .... stupid on the big 10's part cause now overrated state wont be winning the big 10 ever again lol

Scientific
06-09-2010, 07:28 PM
what sport do you think a&m could automatically win in if they were in the SEC as opposed to the Big12?

and i see nobody posted it yet nebraska is going to the big 10 .... stupid on the big 10's part cause now overrated state wont be winning the big 10 ever again lol

So its official? They are in the Big 10? I though the dilemma was that Nebraska was hoping to get the invite if they bolted.

Say what you will about A&M, but historically and culturally, we're more aligned with the SEC. Florida is the only basketball program worth mentioning in the SEC. The rest of them are like A&M; Tennessee, Auburn, and LSU. The university has one of the largest alum bases, and plenty of money. If A&M does go to the SEC, it wont change anything, for now. Because even if Florida and Bama continue to kick ass, that bolsters the conference, and thus bolsters A&M over Texas if they're in that Pansy conference. In the short run, we will suck, not that it isnt happening anyway, but within a few years, I think A&M can climb. I wouldnt want to be in the Pac 10, and a lot of Aggies dont either.

Trae*
06-09-2010, 07:40 PM
So its official? They are in the Big 10? I though the dilemma was that Nebraska was hoping to get the invite if they bolted.

Say what you will about A&M, but historically and culturally, we're more aligned with the SEC. Florida is the only basketball program worth mentioning in the SEC. The rest of them are like A&M; Tennessee, Auburn, and LSU. The university has one of the largest alum bases, and plenty of money. If A&M does go to the SEC, it wont change anything, for now. Because even if Florida and Bama continue to kick ass, that bolsters the conference, and thus bolsters A&M over Texas if they're in that Pansy conference. In the short run, we will suck, not that it isnt happening anyway, but within a few years, I think A&M can climb. I wouldnt want to be in the Pac 10, and a lot of Aggies dont either.

according to espn article its all but official.

lol you seem to have overlooked kentucky in the BB talk

i couldnt see a&m ever competing on the football field in the SEC they would be like vandy/kentucky/miss st . every now and then having a good year getting a rank but otherwise being a bottom feeder.

Trae*
06-09-2010, 08:23 PM
and now

With Nebraska apparently headed to the Big Ten, the Pac-10 is poised to become the Pac-16.

Colorado already has received an invitation to join the conference, while five other invitations will be extended to Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech, according to a source familiar with the negotiations.

A Big 12 football coach, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, told ESPN.com's Mark Schlabach on Wednesday night that if Nebraska left the Big 12 the conference would dissolve, according to his athletics director and university president. The coach said Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Colorado would join the Pac-10, leaving Baylor, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri and Iowa State behind.

"Nebraska is the key," the coach said.

The coach said the Pac-10 favored Colorado over Baylor because of the Buffaloes' presence in the Denver TV market.

The only potential hitch is Nebraska and the Big Ten not coming to an agreement. But even in that scenario, which appears unlikely, the Pac-10 will expand to at least 12 teams, said the source familiar with the negotiations. While Colorado is in and Utah is a top alternative candidate, it's also possible that the Pac-10 would make a play for Nebraska or another Big 12 school instead of Utah.

"If Nebraska gets left at the alter by the Big Ten, which would slight them at the 11th hour, then it might be hard for them to stay in the Big 12," the source said.

It would take a week to 10 days to finalize the details of a Pac-16. The blockbuster deal would add the nation's No. 5 (Dallas), No. 10 (Houston) and No. 16 (Denver) TV markets to the conference, which already includes No. 2 Los Angeles, No. 6 San Francisco, No. 12 Phoenix and No. 13 Seattle.

With that large population base, the new conference would start its own network and, along with other broadcast partners, likely would distribute around $20 million per member, comparable broadcast revenue to the Big Ten ($22 million) and SEC ($17 million), the source said.

The Big 12 distributed $7-12 million per year. The Pac-10 distributed $8-10 million.

The new conference would be split into divisions with the Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Colorado forming an Eastern Division with Arizona and Arizona State opposite the Pac-8 Western Division. The division champions would play at season's end for the conference championship, the source said.

Scientific
06-09-2010, 08:59 PM

i couldnt see a&m ever competing on the football field in the SEC they would be like vandy/kentucky/miss st . every now and then having a good year getting a rank but otherwise being a bottom feeder.

Come on now, A&M is one of the biggest schools in the nation, with a whole lot of money that gets pumped into the football program. I know we suck now, but you cant honestly belive we'd be like Miss. St. or Vandy? We could be Tenn, UGA, or Auburn in the future if we'd go to the SEC. I can live with that any day. The university has plenty of money to start getting the program rolling, its just a matter of luck and a damn good coach to compete in the SEC.

Im reading the Big 10 is now also going to invite Texas and A&M. This will get interesting if its true. ND is also being mentioned. Big 10 or SEC for me, I just dont want them to go to the Pac 10. A&M has big historical ties to SEC schools, and are culturally tied also. And as much as I knock the Big 10, they're one of the better academic conferences.

The funny thing is that the Big 12 could have voted for a playoff two years ago. It would have guaranteed money going o everyone and would have kept the conference alive. The playoff is what was needed, and now with a these conference realignments, I doubt it happens now.

Gunz4Sale
06-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Shit I grew up in big10 country and had NO IDEA they paid 2-3x more to their schools than other conferences. 22 million dollars and the big 12 is paying like 8? Damn, I see why Nebraska is hauling ass to greener pastures.

john06w
06-09-2010, 09:23 PM

I know this may not mean much. But in basketball alone A&M ranked #25.. which would be third place in the SEC.. this is also considering that the BIG 12 had a better basketball conference overall this season..

Also, in non popular sports there were 3 NCAA titles won last year (one of them, Track, beat out Florida)

it's hard for you to say that they would continuously produce poorly, when we all know they get not even a 1/3rd of the paycheck SEC schools get, yet still can produce ranked teams.

Hell, look at the Directors Cup for overall sports.. I think they are ranked #16

john06w
06-09-2010, 09:23 PM
Shit I grew up in big10 country and had NO IDEA they paid 2-3x more to their schools than other conferences. 22 million dollars and the big 12 is paying like 8? Damn, I see why Nebraska is hauling ass to greener pastures.

the Big 10 has the Big 10 network.. thats where a lot of the money comes from..

Gunz4Sale
06-09-2010, 09:52 PM
the Big 10 has the Big 10 network.. thats where a lot of the money comes from..

Yah isn't that regional though? Dishnetwork told me I cant have it because I'm not in the big 10 region. I was so hoping that Texas would go to the big 10 that way the network would follow.

tomasperez
06-09-2010, 10:23 PM
With Nebraska apparently headed to the Big Ten, the Pac-10 is poised to become the Pac-16.
if Nebraska left the Big 12 the conference would dissolve
Nebraska is the key

Um, Why is Nebraska so important in all this mess?? Did i miss something?

.César.
06-10-2010, 12:23 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4983814

EUGENE, Ore. -- Oregon quarterback Jeremiah Masoli, who helped lead the Ducks to the Pac-10 Conference title and a Rose Bowl berth last season, faces a burglary charge in connection with a theft at a campus fraternity house in late January.

The Lane Country district attorney's office says Masoli and former Oregon receiver Garrett Embry were each charged Wednesday with one count of burglary in the second degree.

Masoli and Embry were scheduled to be arraigned in Lane County Circuit Court on Friday afternoon.

The district attorney's office did not respond to a phone call seeking further comment on the case. In a statement Wednesday evening, Oregon coach Chip Kelly said he was "carefully considering the latest news" concerning Masoli and would make a decision about disciplinary action on Friday.

"Any time an athlete is involved with the law, we're concerned, but we'll let the legal process run its course," Oregon athletic director Mike Bellotti told The Oregonian. "We recognize that there are issues, and we'll just move forward. Sometimes we have some information, from a player's point of view, and you just have to wait until the truth comes out."

A fraternity member reported that Masoli and Embry stole two computers and a guitar from the Sigma Alpha Epsilon house on Jan. 25.

Police were tightlipped about the alleged theft, claiming it was under investigation.

The Ducks announced in early February that Embry had been dismissed from the team a month before for violating team rules unrelated to the alleged theft.

Masoli, who came to the Ducks as a junior college transfer out of Daly City, Calif., threw for 2,147 yards and 15 touchdowns last season. He also rushed for 668 yards and 13 touchdowns.

Oregon made a remarkable comeback from a season-opening loss to Boise State to win its first Pac-10 title since 2001 and earn its first trip to the Rose Bowl since 1995. Oregon came up short in Pasadena, losing 26-17 to Ohio State.

Embry appeared in 11 games last season, mostly on special teams.

Masoli is gone. What a dumbass: http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksbeat/2010/06/oregon_quarterback_jeremiah_ma.html
kicked off the Ducks team Wednesday after derailing his college career with a second legal incident in six months.

Darron thomas from Aldine High School can probably earn the start now over Sr. Nate Costa if the program wants to work on building confidence in the sophomore

koolaider
06-10-2010, 12:54 AM
no wonder pete caroll jumped ship and left usc

.César.
06-10-2010, 01:08 AM
no wonder pete caroll jumped ship and left usc

This is why he jumped ship.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5267933

The USC football program will receive a two-year postseason ban, a reduction in scholarships and a forfeiture of wins from at least the 2004 season when the NCAA releases its sanctions on Thursday, a source told ESPN's Shelley Smith.

Trae*
06-10-2010, 07:21 AM
Come on now, A&M is one of the biggest schools in the nation, with a whole lot of money that gets pumped into the football program. I know we suck now, but you cant honestly belive we'd be like Miss. St. or Vandy? We could be Tenn, UGA, or Auburn in the future if we'd go to the SEC. I can live with that any day. The university has plenty of money to start getting the program rolling, its just a matter of luck and a damn good coach to compete in the SEC.

Im reading the Big 10 is now also going to invite Texas and A&M. This will get interesting if its true. ND is also being mentioned. Big 10 or SEC for me, I just dont want them to go to the Pac 10. A&M has big historical ties to SEC schools, and are culturally tied also. And as much as I knock the Big 10, they're one of the better academic conferences.

The funny thing is that the Big 12 could have voted for a playoff two years ago. It would have guaranteed money going o everyone and would have kept the conference alive. The playoff is what was needed, and now with a these conference realignments, I doubt it happens now.

ok quick comparison overrated state is the biggest school in the nation and gets a shit ton of money yet they cant compete with SEC schools in this day and age. getting extra money does not equal putting quality on the field and you still have to recruit well. you are saying more money will make a&m better right? i may be reading your post wrong.

but you are damn right about that last statement the big 12 homos could have got this all fixed .only the ACC was willing to stand beside the SEC and get this thing fixed. hell SEC has 4 straight and probably makes it 5 next year guess we can keep this BCS around lol

Trae*
06-10-2010, 07:22 AM

because that just started recently after the big 10 network. if it wasnt for the tv program they wouldnt be getting that loot.

Yah isn't that regional though? Dishnetwork told me I cant have it because I'm not in the big 10 region. I was so hoping that Texas would go to the big 10 that way the network would follow.

DISH network sucks ive had big10 network since it came out with directv

Trae*
06-10-2010, 07:35 AM
I know this may not mean much. But in basketball alone A&M ranked #25.. which would be third place in the SEC.. this is also considering that the BIG 12 had a better basketball conference overall this season..

Also, in non popular sports there were 3 NCAA titles won last year (one of them, Track, beat out Florida)

it's hard for you to say that they would continuously produce poorly, when we all know they get not even a 1/3rd of the paycheck SEC schools get, yet still can produce ranked teams.

Hell, look at the Directors Cup for overall sports.. I think they are ranked #16

ok so you are infact saying that more money = wins thats just not the case

a&m womens track team yes ..lol they did win last year
as far as basketball goes you are just going by the final poll which doesnt honestly say they would be 3rd best in the SEC especiall given their record vs the record of SEC schools

i see them as 18th behind 4 other SEC schools but you realize they are going to be playing a little stiffer competition in the SEC that # would surely drop

btw john thanks for mentioning track i forgot the finals were going on right now in oregon .just saw we already claimed triple jump and our 4x100 ran a 38.94!!!! damn thas fckn fast

and my bad a&m did win team overall last year in track

Trae*
06-10-2010, 08:04 AM
And hell yea USC has to vacate their bcs win over oklahomo hopefully they award it to auburn who deserved it that year and got fucked by the BCS

Scientific
06-10-2010, 09:16 AM
ok quick comparison overrated state is the biggest school in the nation and gets a shit ton of money yet they cant compete with SEC schools in this day and age. getting extra money does not equal putting quality on the field and you still have to recruit well. you are saying more money will make a&m better right? i may be reading your post wrong.

but you are damn right about that last statement the big 12 homos could have got this all fixed .only the ACC was willing to stand beside the SEC and get this thing fixed. hell SEC has 4 straight and probably makes it 5 next year guess we can keep this BCS around lol

If only we had a playoff, and the SEC and ACC knew the Pac 10 and Big 10 were the weaker conferences. The Big 12 should have made their own decision, and now their bed is made.

And Im not saying money equals wins, but what I am saying is that money equals resources. I love the SEC, and I'd love for A&M to be part of it. With the amount money that gets pumped into that program, it should field a heck of a better team. I'll put that part up to the AD. Ohio is a good example though. All the money and the world, and they still cant beat SEC schools. But they have the resources and "notoriety" to be kept in voter's minds. I hate that part of it, but if A&M can come in and at least make some kind of stamp early on, I can see them getting themselves in a cushy situation like that. A&M has always had the money and support, and still hasnt turned the corner in the Big 12, but I honestly belive thats because of the coaches. While it does scare me how A&M will fare, I'd still much rather go to the SEC than the Pac 10.

I love the SEC, and can imagine games like A&M vs Bama, or Florida coming. Heck Trae if it happnen, wouldnt you like to drive 90 miles to see the Gators in any given year? That has to be a plus. But A&M will get stomped early on if they keep Mike Sherman. He got out coached against Arkansas, and I bet he gets out coached by the rest of the conference.

Trae*
06-10-2010, 10:28 AM
If only we had a playoff, and the SEC and ACC knew the Pac 10 and Big 10 were the weaker conferences. The Big 12 should have made their own decision, and now their bed is made.

And Im not saying money equals wins, but what I am saying is that money equals resources. I love the SEC, and I'd love for A&M to be part of it. With the amount money that gets pumped into that program, it should field a heck of a better team. I'll put that part up to the AD. Ohio is a good example though. All the money and the world, and they still cant beat SEC schools. But they have the resources and "notoriety" to be kept in voter's minds. I hate that part of it, but if A&M can come in and at least make some kind of stamp early on, I can see them getting themselves in a cushy situation like that. A&M has always had the money and support, and still hasnt turned the corner in the Big 12, but I honestly belive thats because of the coaches. While it does scare me how A&M will fare, I'd still much rather go to the SEC than the Pac 10.

I love the SEC, and can imagine games like A&M vs Bama, or Florida coming. Heck Trae if it happnen, wouldnt you like to drive 90 miles to see the Gators in any given year? That has to be a plus. But A&M will get stomped early on if they keep Mike Sherman. He got out coached against Arkansas, and I bet he gets out coached by the rest of the conference.

good discussion as always scientific !

i understand youd rather come to SEC i think any fan of any school should want their team to be in the big boy conference. i know a&m can win in the big 12 and they are and were improving under sherm hell if they had any defense what so ever they smoke UT's ass in that game. i just dont know if they would ever recruit well enough to get a defense good enough and improve the offense well enough to score on SEC defenses. like i said they could win and could have good years with rankings like the teams i compared them to but could they do it consistently? i dont think so.

would i love short road trips to see the gators play? does a bear shit in the woods ? god damn right and u know i never thought of that situation to bad the SEC is claiming they wont go after any schools . i disagree with you on sherman he has improved that school im not sure you can do much better or i guess i should say there isnt any great avail coaches to replace him anyway. id also say he didnt get out coached in that game that was SEC talent vs big 12 talent. better players at every postition.

Scientific
06-10-2010, 10:46 AM
rumors rumors rumors Trae, but Slive may be looking to bring in A&M, without Texas. The Gators coming to Kyle could be a real possibility.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/andy_staples/06/10/aggies.options/index.html

A&M to Pac-10? Not so fast...

In a hotel meeting room in Scottsdale, Ariz., in April, SEC commissioner Mike Slive essentially promised that if the tectonic plates beneath the college sports' landscape began to shift, Slive's league would not sit on the sidelines.

It won't.

A source confirmed to SI.com late Wednesday that emissaries from the SEC initiated discussions with Texas A&M athletic director Bill Byrne months ago, and while the SEC is just one of several potential options for the Aggies, it remains an option heading into Thursday's meeting between Texas A&M and Texas officials. At the meeting, power brokers from both schools will discuss a last-ditch effort to save the Big 12, even if Nebraska's Board of Regents votes Friday to leave for the Big Ten. "It's on life support," the source said of the Big 12. "But people have come off life support before."

Officials also will discuss a potential invitation from the Pac-10 that also would include four other Big 12 schools. Presumably, they also will discuss the SEC's talks with Texas A&M.

What is unclear, however, is which other school or schools the SEC might also be interested in to keep an even number should it decide to expand. Last week, the league split a record $209 million among its 12 member schools. Slive has been tight-lipped in public concerning expansion, and he drew giggles last week during a press briefing following the league's spring meetings when he said this: "We have maximum flexibility in how we approach this issue ranging anywhere from nothing to something."

That narrows it down.

An SEC spokesman didn't return a phone call, an e-mail or a text message Wednesday night, and Slive declined last Friday to answer whether he or a representative of the league had contacted any schools about potential expansion. Late Wednesday, Texas A&M athletic department spokesman Alan Cannon said President Bowen Loftin is the only Texas A&M official authorized to speak about expansion. Still, it seems the SEC has been up to more something than nothing.

Slive didn't take the SEC to the top of the college sports world by doing nothing. It was his league's two 15-year contracts with ESPN and CBS (totaling more than $3 billion) that convinced the other leagues they needed to ramp up their revenue. Those contracts give the SEC security. It can still thrive as a 12-team league even if the Big Ten and Pac-10 supersize to 16, but a component of Slive's success is his ability to read the tea leaves. After years in the new landscape, would the SEC be positioned to command a plum deal when next it sits at the negotiating table?

Another executive we may have underestimated in this shuffle is Texas A&M's Byrne. Byrne said last week that the best move for Texas A&M is staying in the Big 12. His Texas counterpart, DeLoss Dodds, has said the same goes for the Longhorns. But even if Byrne joins the Austin contingent in saving the Big 12 or departing for the Pac-10, by making the Aggies an attractive candidate for the SEC, Byrne has altered the power dynamic in the Lone Star State. Texas, the nation's most lucrative athletic department, still holds most of the cards, but it isn't Dodds and the five dwarves. Texas A&M is a player in this.

It should be. According to data from the U.S. Department of Education, in the 2008-09 school year, Texas A&M ranked third in the Big 12 and 22nd in the nation in athletic revenue with $73.4 million. That figure would have placed the Aggies third in the Pac-10, fifth in the proposed Pac-16 and eighth in the big-money SEC.

That number will rise whether the Aggies stick with their Big 12 south brethren in the Pac-16 or strike out on their own in the SEC. Schools such as Miami, Florida State, Georgia Tech and Clemson have been tossed out as possible SEC targets. Those schools don't make sense, because the SEC already has a stranglehold on the markets they would deliver.

Texas is an untapped television market for the league, which already enjoys national distribution, but could make more money by guaranteeing more viewers. Though the Aggies wouldn't bring as many eyeballs as the Longhorns, significant chunks of viewers in Dallas (the nation's fifth largest television market), Houston (No. 10) and San Antonio (No. 37) would tune in to watch them. How many top-37 markets are currently in the SEC footprint? Just six. If the SEC does decide to expand, the change in membership number would trigger a clause that would allow the league to renegotiate its TV deals. Adding those markets, plus the markets of any other new member, would allow the league to command a higher price.

Texas A&M also is a member of the Association of American Universities. Only two SEC schools (Florida and Vanderbilt) are members. Plus, Texas A&M has grown from about 25,000 students in 1976 to about 47,000 now. That means more alumni than ever are about to enter their prime giving years.

Whether a move to the SEC would benefit Texas A&M's football team is questionable. The Aggies almost certainly would wind up in the SEC west with former Southwest Conference rival Arkansas. They'd probably have to play Alabama, Auburn and LSU every season. That's tough for any program. Still, the league would allow the Aggies to offer an interesting alternative to Lone Star State recruits enthralled by the SEC schools they grew up watching on television.

Such practical discussions are probably better left for another day. Byrne and Texas A&M president Loftin have options to examine. Do they help save the Big 12 by bringing new blood into the fold? Do they split from the Big 12 but stay with their in-state rivals? Do they split from their fellow Texas schools and put in jeopardy rivalries that date back decades?

If they choose the SEC -- and the SEC subsequently agreed to choose them -- entry would be simple. Texas A&M would need approval from nine of the 12 SEC presidents. It also would have to pay $50 in annual membership dues.

Judging by its recent revenue figures, A&M can handle the fee. But does it need to bolt or remain with its Lone Star brethren? The answer isn't clear.

Still, in uncertain times, it's nice to have options.

Trae*
06-10-2010, 11:51 AM
The Pac-10 announced Thursday that the University of Colorado has agreed to leave the Big 12 to join its conference.

"This is an historic moment for the conference, as the Pac-10 is poised for tremendous growth," commissioner Larry Scott said in a statement.

"The University of Colorado is a great fit for the conference both academically and athletically and we are incredibly excited to welcome Colorado to the Pac-10."

Colorado's president said his school was a "perfect match" for the Pac-10.

"The University of Colorado is a perfect match -- academically and athletically -- with the Pac-10," Bruce D. Benson said in a statement.

Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe said he was aware that Colorado had accepted the Pac-10's invitation and is working toward solutions to keep the Big 12 together in some form.

"I continue to work through the process that was agreed upon last week by our Board of Directors to address membership issues, and are working tirelessly towards the long-term viability of the Big 12," Beebe said.

A source with direct knowledge of the Pac-10's discussions about adding more Big 12 teams told ESPN's Joe Schad on Thursday that from the Pac-10's perspective, it's "simply a matter of who signs next."

Colorado's move might spell the end of the Big 12 Conference. Nebraska is also poised to announce its move from the conference to the Big Ten.

Texas and Texas A&M officials are scheduled to meet Thursday at an undisclosed location to discuss the future of their athletic programs and the Big 12 amid speculation the league could be raided by rival conferences and broken apart.

Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds has said he wants to keep the Big 12 together.

Baylor and Texas Tech officials have said that even if the Big 12 breaks apart, they want to remain with Texas and Texas A&M as members of the same conference.

A Big 12 football coach, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, told ESPN.com's Mark Schlabach on Wednesday night that if Nebraska left the Big 12 the conference would dissolve, according to his athletics director and university president. The coach said Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Colorado would join the Pac-10, leaving Baylor, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri and Iowa State behind.

The coach said the Pac-10 favored Colorado over Baylor because of the Buffaloes' presence in the Denver TV market.

"Nebraska is the key," the coach said.

A source close to the Nebraska program told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that athletic director Tom Osborne informed some staff members within the past 24 hours the Cornhuskers were going to make the move to the Big Ten.

A source with knowledge of the Big Ten's plans confirmed to ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg that Nebraska will join the Big Ten by the end of this week or early next week. The source said the formal process of accepting a candidate either has started or would be under way shortly, as Nebraska must formally apply for admission to the Big Ten.

"It's going to happen, unless something crazy happens in the final hours," the source said. "I think by this weekend, it's going to be wrapped up."

Besides Nebraska, no other candidates are imminent for the Big Ten, which could stay put with 12 members, the source said.

Trae*
06-10-2010, 12:25 PM
i love this quote

The coach said it's possible the Pac-16 would push for two automatic bids to the BCS, one for each division champion. That potential bonanza could open the possibility of the two division champs from one league playing for the national title, and it would eliminate the need for a conference championship game.

"The Pac-10 doesn't believe in a championship game," the coach said. "And coaches in the Big 12 don't like it anyway."

that screams we are a pussy ass conference and want the easiest way to get a shot at a title.

john06w
06-10-2010, 02:55 PM
ok so you are infact saying that more money = wins thats just not the case

a&m womens track team yes ..lol they did win last year
as far as basketball goes you are just going by the final poll which doesnt honestly say they would be 3rd best in the SEC especiall given their record vs the record of SEC schools

i see them as 18th behind 4 other SEC schools but you realize they are going to be playing a little stiffer competition in the SEC that # would surely drop

btw john thanks for mentioning track i forgot the finals were going on right now in oregon .just saw we already claimed triple jump and our 4x100 ran a 38.94!!!! damn thas fckn fast

and my bad a&m did win team overall last year in track

We won golf too championship too!!! :Mad2:

haha, on a more serious note. A&M lost one of their best players within this past basketball season. And, the big 12 was equivalent, if not better, in basketball this season. That is why I stated they would fall in that position

But yes, money = better resources = better recruits. I do understand winning also brings recruits, but facility and recourses sell very well.

koolaider
06-10-2010, 11:19 PM
This is why he jumped ship.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5267933

no shit sherlock :facepalm:

Vick_
06-11-2010, 10:43 AM
that screams we are a pussy ass conference and want the easiest way to get a shot at a title.

werd

come to the big boy conference texas :2cooleek:

SEC all the way!

john06w
06-11-2010, 11:34 AM
boise st. to Mountain west conference as of now..... :Ohnoez:

Trae*
06-11-2010, 11:40 AM
werd

come to the big boy conference texas :2cooleek:

SEC all the way!

shit u know those candy asses dont want anything to do with playing a tough schedule.

bunch of crazy ass rumors all over the place

texas and a&m to big 10 http://www.kctv5.com/sports/23860558/detail.html
OU to SEC
VT and A&M to SEC i know they have said before VT is one of two teams they would want so this one could be right.

Trae*
06-11-2010, 11:42 AM
lol there is also one that the SEC is trying to entice UT by moving bama to the east so UT doesnt have to play them every year

john06w
06-11-2010, 11:48 AM
^^ that rumor is insane seeing that in the entire history of college football.. Bama has only beaten them once..

Trae*
06-11-2010, 11:53 AM
^^ that rumor is insane seeing that in the entire history of college football.. Bama has only beaten them once..

you mean the whoping 9 times they have played makes that rumor insane? the record is 1-7-1 and this past year was the first time they have played since 82'

john06w
06-11-2010, 11:57 AM
Do you seriously think that rumor even has feet? I'll agree, it is funny. But no further.

Nebraska press conference up now!!

Trae*
06-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Do you seriously think that rumor even has feet? I'll agree, it is funny. But no further.

Nebraska press conference up now!!

wouldnt suprise me at all no reason to say it doesnt especially since texas is the other team besides VT that the SEC has said they would want. its about money and texas and VT bring big tv markets into play. so yea its not an insane rumor that the SEC would give UT incentive to join

winc281
06-11-2010, 12:06 PM
More likely that UT goes to the Big 10 along with A&M

john06w
06-11-2010, 12:12 PM
ok, so they move bama to the east division.... and who would they move to the west? Tennesse? Kentucky?

Trae*
06-11-2010, 12:16 PM
ok, so they move bama to the east division.... and who would they move to the west? Tennesse? Kentucky?

wouldnt need to move anyone a&m could be the other team or VT or who knows who else...there is going to be 2 teams not one if the SEC adds teams

john06w
06-11-2010, 12:17 PM
More likely that UT goes to the Big 10 along with A&M

I think anything that includes both of the Texas schools will more than likely happen. That is, unless, things have changed and the state will let them do as they please

winc281
06-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Probably a&m if that were to happen. I think A&M would probably end up wherever TX does.

Trae*
06-11-2010, 12:20 PM
Probably a&m if that were to happen. I think A&M would probably end up wherever TX does.

not really slocum has already said they would do whats best for the school and not go just to keep a rivalry alive . especially since they can just schedule each other as ooc games although im not sure slocum is still involved with the school at all? is he the AD now?

edit: nvm i see he is the advisor to the school president

Scientific
06-11-2010, 12:21 PM
Bill Byrne is the AD. And Gene Stallings has been pushing for the SEC. He has a huge legacy at Bama and A&M.

I think its either the Big 10 or the SEC. A&M had a meeting with Texas yesterday, and I have a feeling they didnt want to be a part of the Pac 10. Whats the point joining there if both OU and Texas continue to dominate? and they would both attract Cali recruits. It would be much of the same staus quo.

Since Texas doesnt want to be a part of the SEC, I think both will agree on the Big 10.

Trae*
06-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Since Texas doesnt want to be a part of the SEC and get beat down every year, I think both will agree on the Big 10.

fixed

winc281
06-11-2010, 12:26 PM
:rofl:

john06w
06-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Bill Byrne is the AD. And Gene Stallings has been pushing for the SEC. He has a huge legacy at Bama and A&M.

I think its either the Big 10 or the SEC. A&M had a meeting with Texas yesterday, and I have a feeling they didnt want to be a part of the Pac 10. Whats the point joining there if both OU and Texas continue to dominate? and they would both attract Cali recruits. It would be much of the same staus quo.

Since Texas doesnt want to be a part of the SEC, I think both will agree on the Big 10.

+1

do you post on TexAgs? I'm hearing a lot of this over there.. and it makes sense...

john06w
06-11-2010, 12:28 PM
fixed

goddamn Trae. get off their asses lol.. :thumb:

Trae*
06-11-2010, 12:32 PM
lol u know me just tellin it how it is!

john06w
06-11-2010, 12:36 PM
in all honesty, i doubt they would want to go where they would have more competition than they already had. the big 10 would be a much easier route to get into a championship game...

Trae*
06-11-2010, 12:37 PM
in all honesty, i doubt they would want to go where they would have more competition than they already had. the big 10 would be a much easier route to get into a championship game...

extremely easy route

john06w
06-11-2010, 12:38 PM
needless to say, A&M and UT are not interested in this PAC conference..

Scientific
06-11-2010, 02:04 PM
+1

do you post on TexAgs? I'm hearing a lot of this over there.. and it makes sense...

yes sir I do, same SN with agtag. Although I hate 90% of what gets posted on there by dellusional fans, the realist make it funny, I dont post a whole lot. And a lot of the posters post the news pretty fast. So Ive been frquenting on there the whole week.

john06w
06-11-2010, 03:29 PM
yeah, im constantly on there right now due to the quick updates..

but yes, a lot of the posters there are in love with A&M and thinks they are perfect..

I dont post there much, but when i do its trolling someone since its so easy.

on a better note.. wtf happened. A&M and UT met up, couldnt come up with anything.. now A&M is pursuing SEC.. while Tech is now meeting with UT.. so weird..

Scientific
06-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Well both schools want to do whats in the best intrest for them. Because Texas is in a high position right now, they dont feel like that have to compete with A&M in recuiting and TV spots. Thats why they want A&M to follow, they dont want to share the Texas market. A&m probably feels like they can earn more competing in the SEC in television viewrship. Which may be true.

john06w
06-11-2010, 09:49 PM
best off season in a long time. thats for sure

Trae*
06-12-2010, 05:19 AM
http://www.gatorcountry.com/other_sports/article/demps_wins_in_996_kevkhishvili_repeats/9316

i said got damn im glad this boy suits up to play football for us

9.96 !!!

john06w
06-12-2010, 07:51 AM
how does the gators look for next season? and what is a realistic record that you expect?

Trae*
06-12-2010, 08:28 AM
how does the gators look for next season? and what is a realistic record that you expect?

we are still loaded with talent and brantly is a pure passer . carl moore is finally healthy and will be returning . defense should be just as stout even with the losses. a few of the bad asses we picked picked up may even be starting this year on defense. oh shit and i forgot andre debose will be finally getting on the field this year after his hamstring surgury. he was touted as the PH replacement. should have an even better running game this year with rainey/demps/moody and gillislee

i expect us to be right there only one game that sticks out is oct 2nd at bama . if we win or lose that game we will probably play them again in the SEC champ game so we def have a chance to play for it all again. I think we can beat bama though only time will tell.

john06w
06-12-2010, 08:30 AM
yeah, bama is coming back strong once again this year. I feel that this year may be one of those years where you see a lot of different teams inside the top 10

Trae*
06-12-2010, 08:35 AM
yeah, bama is coming back strong once again this year. I feel that this year may be one of those years where you see a lot of different teams inside the top 10

they are strong on offense but they lost alot of key guys on defense so we will see . already alot of wack teamss in the preseason top 10 but they are all just posers

Trae*
06-12-2010, 11:15 AM
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck jeff demps just injured himself in the 4x100 finished the last leg injured slowing down and we still won it with a 39.00

a&m couldnt even pass the baton right that might have just won the title for us ...we just took the lead in team standings lol

Trae*
06-12-2010, 11:15 AM
ok looks like it was just a cramp

john06w
06-12-2010, 12:49 PM
a&m up by 1 point..

Trae*
06-12-2010, 01:18 PM
a&m up by 1 point..

stupid ass cbs couldnt stick with it till long jump was over

yall got lucky in the 1600 relay thats what will win it for yall if taylor doesnt jump past 4th

john06w
06-12-2010, 01:20 PM
NCAA champs again!!!!

Trae*
06-12-2010, 01:23 PM
NCAA champs again!!!!

outdoor champs....

and yall only win the sorry events lol

i still havent seen the long jump results posted where did you see yall won?

john06w
06-12-2010, 01:26 PM
any more excuses of why florida lost another ncaa champ?? lol jk

john06w
06-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Im watching a stream http://all-access.cbssports.com/player.html?code=ncaa&media=182345

Trae*
06-12-2010, 01:31 PM
any more excuses of why florida lost another ncaa champ?? lol jk

lol lost another?

i do recall us being the 2010 indoor champs with 57 total points to a&m's measly 44 fcker! :Ohnoez:

john06w
06-12-2010, 01:35 PM
man. barely got out of that one. 1 point win.. ok back to soccer

Trae*
congrats though

Trae*
man. barely got out of that one. 1 point win.. ok back to soccer

what soccer? ok you just lost cool points i take back my congrats

john06w
06-12-2010, 01:39 PM
what soccer? ok you just lost cool points i take back my congrats

It's the world cup.. come on... :facepalm:

Trae*
06-12-2010, 01:39 PM
It's the world cup.. come on... :facepalm:

dont care if its the olympics lol soccer sucks!

john06w
06-12-2010, 01:42 PM
no, AMERICAN football off season sucks.

Trae*
06-12-2010, 01:43 PM
no, AMERICAN football off season sucks.

maybe but it sucks less then soccer lmao

john06w
06-12-2010, 01:46 PM
anyway. back to CF offseason.

We should find out by Tuesday where all the flopping is going

meanwhile.. the Baylor is trying to get into the MWC, but TCU is lobbying to keep them out. Karma is a bitch.

It sucks for Baylor, because outside of football they have a pretty decent athletic program.

Trae*
06-12-2010, 02:53 PM
The Southeastern Conference, reportedly keen on adding Texas A&M amid the onrush of a Big 12 shakeup, would be just as interested in luring Texas and Oklahoma but doesn't see either as a realistic option, sources with knowledge of the SEC's maneuverings has told ESPN and ESPN.com.

An SEC athletics director told ESPN.com's Mark Schlabach that the SEC's first choice would be adding the Longhorns, but might consider taking Texas A&M because it expands the league's footprint into the Dallas and Houston TV markets.

Given the fact that Texas A&M may be the only Big 12 school the SEC could add, the league was prepared to make the move even if Texas and Oklahoma went elsewhere.

"We've got to be diligent in evaluating this," another SEC athletics director told ESPN.com's Schlabach. "We can't just add teams who are going to split the pie without adding anything substantial to the pie."

Adding the Aggies would provide SEC West member Arkansas with a natural rival, which the Razorbacks have lacked since joining the league in 1992 from the Southwest Conference.

Looking beyond the Big 12 for expansion, specifically to the ACC for schools such as Georgia Tech, Clemson, Florida State or Miami, was not in the SEC's plans, sources told ESPN.

The sources saw no way the SEC would raid the ACC and added serious doubt that Virginia Tech could be pried away from Virginia.

The idea the SEC would go after Kansas was also dismissed, though a KU source said that would be a preference for the Jayhawks.

Big 12 sources continued to suggest to ESPN on Saturday that the addition of five more Big 12 teams to the Pac-10 is the most likely scenario after Colorado's move. The exodus could begin as early as Tuesday, but nothing has been finalized.

A source with knowledge of Oklahoma's future told ESPN on Saturday that Oklahoma had not committed to the Pac-10, and Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds said Saturday that the Longhorns were still considering "all options."

Oklahoma was still mulling several options Saturday and discussions within the Sooners program were ongoing, a source told ESPN. One plan still on the table was to keep the 10 remaining Big 12 schools together and reposition the conference for the future.

A source familiar with the Sooners said there was compelling information the Big 12 would still be very strong. The Big 12 could remain at 10 or add teams, which the source said would be a choice to be made later and carefully reviewed.

john06w
06-12-2010, 05:48 PM
A&M's premium site reports that SEC commissioner is in college station right now...........

LURKER
06-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Looks like Baylor is going no where. MWC doesn't want them cuz they have TCU now, and I doubt Pac-10 will take them. Do ya'll think Big 12 will recruit to stay alive?

john06w
06-12-2010, 05:55 PM
You mean.. MWC doesnt want them because they have Boise?.. theyve had TCU for a while.. and I think it's safe to say that Big 12 is dead.

Pac has already stated they would peruse Kansas if A&M is out of the question

LURKER
06-12-2010, 05:59 PM
You mean.. MWC doesnt want them because they have Boise?.. theyve had TCU for a while.. and I think it's safe to say that Big 12 is dead.

Pac has already stated they would peruse Kansas if A&M is out of the question

Forgot they got them back in 2005. Well it is said they won't be welcomed because of TCU being there. Some grudge of some sort.

john06w
06-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Forgot they got them back in 2005. Well it is said they won't be welcomed because of TCU being there. Some grudge of some sort.

When SWC was dissolved and the Big 12 was formed, Baylor forced out TCU.. theres still a lot of hard feelings between the two schools ever since.. (for obvious reasons)

LURKER
06-12-2010, 06:04 PM
When SWC was dissolved and the Big 12 was formed, Baylor forced out TCU.. theres still a lot of hard feelings between the two schools ever since.. (for obvious reasons)

I hope Baylor comes to C-USA. I want to see UH whoop their ass.

john06w
06-12-2010, 06:07 PM
in football only. they are really good at everything else.

and watch what you say, every now and then their football team will show up out of no where. it's embarrassing to lose to them in FB.

LURKER
06-12-2010, 06:10 PM
EH i'm not worried about it. We're building the FB and Basketball program to what it use to be. We have our good share of history in sports. We use to own them in SWC.

Trae*
06-12-2010, 06:11 PM
MWC wants kansas and mizzou its not them going after the MWC and all TCU could do was lobby against it if baylor came along

john i also cant see slive going to college station. its not us chasing them they want to come to us id image their people would go see him.

john06w
06-12-2010, 06:15 PM
I understand what your saying, but this guy is a pretty reliable source.. he does all the insider stuff for our athletics..

No one is saying anything about Kansas St. I thought they were nearly impossible to split apart

LURKER
06-12-2010, 06:17 PM
I'm sure this is an idiot question but with all the changes all the schedules will be changed to support the conference championships, correct? Hope my UH vs. UCLA game isn't cancelled I already have tickets for the game and flight.

Trae*
06-12-2010, 06:18 PM
I'm sure this is an idiot question but with all the changes all the schedules will be changed to support the conference championships, correct? Hope my UH vs. UCLA game isn't cancelled I already have tickets for the game and flight.

none of this stuff would go in effect until 2013 seasons

LURKER
06-12-2010, 06:20 PM
none of this stuff would go in effect until 2013 seasons

Sweet deal. Sucks for Big 12 to still host games and championships, knowing their teams are leaving in two years.

john06w
06-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Nebraska's move is effective in 2011...

john06w
06-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Sweet deal. Sucks for Big 12 to still host games and championships, knowing their teams are leaving in two years.

If I were playing in the Big 12, I wouldnt care if it was going to die or not. championships are championships.. I doubt it would matter.. especially since you have to win to go for the NCAA champs and bowls

LURKER
06-12-2010, 06:34 PM
So is MWC expanding to 16 teams? The MWCboard.com is favoring UH for a invite following Boise. Then SMU to lock down Texas market.

john06w
06-12-2010, 06:37 PM
Good stuff for yall. Someones going to have to take Big 12's BCS auto bid...

Trae*
06-12-2010, 06:41 PM
Nebraska's move is effective in 2011...

well the pac 10 stuff wont be then they arent joining until the tv deal expires

LURKER
06-12-2010, 06:42 PM
I think that would be a good home for us to build. Hopefully TCU keeps Baylor out so we can get in. Seems MWCboard favors us because of location and our new facility proposal that was released last week.
http://www.uhcougars.com/view.gal?id=70617

john06w
06-12-2010, 06:46 PM
I'd be very surprised if MWC takes ya'll over Baylor, no offense.

LURKER
06-12-2010, 06:47 PM
I'd be very surprised if MWC takes ya'll over Baylor, no offense.

We can wish right. So far they haven't talked to them but they have with UH and SMU. If they do 16 instead of 12-14 they both might get in.

PissYellowGTi
06-12-2010, 07:27 PM
I hope Baylor comes to C-USA. I want to see UH whoop their ass.

Dream on dude. Baylor may have the best team in the Big-12 this year thanks to us stealing your coach and quarterback. If he didn't injure his knee last year, we would have definitely gone to a bowl game. And as much as UH is lobbying to upgrade, nobody wants them. They have too many problems academically, shitty facilities, and a weak market. Losing to UTEP surely didn't help the cause either.

Baylor will likely be the one to get screwed in this whole deal. The Pac-10 schools aren't interested in us because of our religious affiliations. I've heard everything from tagging w/ A&M to the SEC, MWC, and as of today, rumors about the big east. Chances are we'll goto Conference-USA but i hope it doesn't come down to that. Our new president, Kenn Starr (the guy who got Bill Clinton impeached) is working 24/7 to keep us relevant.

Happy
06-12-2010, 07:41 PM
baylor will be the best team in the big 12 because they are looking like the only team that will be left

PissYellowGTi
06-12-2010, 08:04 PM
baylor will be the best team in the big 12 because they are looking like the only team that will be left

The Big-12 doesn't dissolve until 2012

Trae*
06-12-2010, 08:12 PM
The Big-12 doesn't dissolve until 2012

there is nothing set in stone on that

LURKER
06-12-2010, 08:43 PM
Dream on dude. Baylor may have the best team in the Big-12 this year thanks to us stealing your coach and quarterback. If he didn't injure his knee last year, we would have definitely gone to a bowl game. And as much as UH is lobbying to upgrade, nobody wants them. They have too many problems academically, shitty facilities, and a weak market. Losing to UTEP surely didn't help the cause either.

Baylor will likely be the one to get screwed in this whole deal. The Pac-10 schools aren't interested in us because of our religious affiliations. I've heard everything from tagging w/ A&M to the SEC, MWC, and as of today, rumors about the big east. Chances are we'll goto Conference-USA but i hope it doesn't come down to that. Our new president, Kenn Starr (the guy who got Bill Clinton impeached) is working 24/7 to keep us relevant.

Lol think what u want but we are a bigger market than Baylor. No one wants u actually, reason why u have no offers.

john06w
06-12-2010, 08:47 PM
the market is actually about the same to be honest. you'd be surprised.. baylor might have an edge this year due to basketball.. but its about the same

LURKER
06-12-2010, 08:58 PM
When it comes down to it, let them play and I would to love to see Baylor play UH. He brings up utep but forgets OSU and Tech. Baylor didn't do anything in big 12 or Swc when it comes to football. UH has more swc conference wins and IMO more history.

john06w
06-12-2010, 09:00 PM
you're kidding right? more history? i think baylor is the oldest school in the state..