PDA

View Full Version : Lifting/ getting bigger

CZlol
01-08-2010, 11:16 AM
So bassically I want to start a thread with some tips and just basic guidelines you should be doing when trying to put some muscle on. I myself am going to start pretty soon, just want some input/ thoughts on say foods to eat before/ after working out. What kind of sets you should be doing and how to spread them out over the week. Those are my basic questions and probly the same others have.

J Stuff
01-08-2010, 11:23 AM
So bassically I want to start a thread with some tips and just basic guidelines you should be doing when trying to put some muscle on. I myself am going to start pretty soon, just want some input/ thoughts on say foods to eat before/ after working out. What kind of sets you should be doing and how to spread them out over the week. Those are my basic questions and probly the same others have.

I browsed this forum for fitness info etc but i just find that theres much more helpful info at other forums like bodybuilding.com. Its hard to get 'some' input and thoughts bc theres a lot to it but when you get the hang of it, its pretty simple!

yanin_flo
01-08-2010, 11:39 AM
heavy weights low rep. cardio bout once a week. squats squats squats. whey protein like 4x a day.

DUBGURL19
01-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Hmm in my opinion - food is still very important you need to be eating to get size - the right kind of carbs pre and post workout - lean proteins

I do heavy weight and low reps 6 to 8

Whey protein is good for leaning to bulk try a complex blend.

yanin_flo
01-08-2010, 04:08 PM
ohhh.. well i just advised whey because on most people attempts to bulk its dirty dirty and something high calorie wont be any help. especially a noob. alot of people have that a 89 cent burrito is good on carbs idea

CZlol
01-08-2010, 04:33 PM
How many days do y'all lift out of the week?

bowfinger
01-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Everything you need to know is here:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/

DUBGURL19
01-09-2010, 08:02 PM
I lift 5 days a week...

Bodybuilding.com is a great site for info...

you also have a few bodybuilders on here... :)

yanin_flo
01-09-2010, 09:15 PM
same. 5 days sometimes even 6.

aww look at the wittle bicep on dub! =p

mr toolio
01-09-2010, 10:53 PM
whey protein is just a supplement. If you can fill you protein quota with chicken, steak, eggs and tuna then go for it

ChuyiN
01-10-2010, 05:06 PM
whey protein is just a supplement. If you can fill you protein quota with chicken, steak, eggs and tuna then go for it

could've not said it better.. eatt white eggs in the morning and a good breaksfast.. i usually grilled chicken breast the day before and take some for lunch and dinner the next day.. I lift 5 days a week and do cardio 2 days a week. and abs 3 days a week. Theres a lot of knowladgeable people on this site who can help you out.:thumb:

LiLS
01-10-2010, 05:16 PM
wait so its better to take complex blend then whey protien?

lNlHo
01-10-2010, 05:52 PM
eat right and get enough rest

DUBGURL19
01-10-2010, 06:37 PM
same. 5 days sometimes even 6.

aww look at the wittle bicep on dub! =p

Hmmm dont start that....

DUBGURL19
01-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Eat right - for sure but complex protein can be better to last longer and help gain mass - proteins have different digestion rates this is why they are different for different goals.

Now when you eat full meals like chicken and veggie you burn more calories because your body has to work to burn those calories as opposed to liquid protein that your body does not have to work to burn calories so it is a great supplement to gain size.

When I am in competition I do not drink any shakes it is all actual food.

Here is some info:
Whey Powder

Because whey protein does have a high BV, it probably offers the most benefits when you are dieting on very low calories. When your energy intake and correspondingly, protein intake is reduced, whey protein could help you get greater utilization of the smaller amount of protein that you are taking in. Whey protein also provides a way to get high quality protein without the fat. It has been suggested that whey may have other advantages besides high protein quality. These benefits include enhanced immunity, increased antioxidant activity and quick absorption.

LiLS
01-10-2010, 08:05 PM
im taking whey protien right now from ON so what i should be taking is http://www.optimumnutrition.com/products/pro-complex-c-4.html?zenid=c0ff707fd65b95d914b19da3f6fad5f3

pro complex gainer?

yanin_flo
01-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Hmmm dont start that....

juuuust kiddingggg:eek9:

J Stuff
01-10-2010, 08:30 PM
lils, order from bodybuilding.com use coupon comeback10percent for 10% off any order.

checkout slickdeals.net for the protein deals @ fitrx.com

yanin_flo
01-10-2010, 08:34 PM
i always use prosource.net

J Stuff
01-10-2010, 08:35 PM
they dont seem to carry ON whey there

yanin_flo
01-10-2010, 08:38 PM
not positive. i usually only drink isopure zero or for bulk muscletech's nitrotech

TLontheDL
01-11-2010, 06:50 AM
lils, order from bodybuilding.com use coupon comeback10percent for 10% off any order.

checkout slickdeals.net for the protein deals @ fitrx.com

I just restocked some sups from them yesterday. I was looking everywhere to put in a code but there was no box for me to enter it in.

Bloodwings19
01-11-2010, 07:25 AM
My cuz was as skinny as me now 10 years later, he looks like Arnie Swordsnegger except with a bigger melon above his shoulder. When I was with him, he was eating every 2 hours in small quantity. Eat right and persistent.

DUBGURL19
01-11-2010, 10:55 AM
discountanabolic.com

This is where I online shop.

DUBGURL19
01-11-2010, 10:56 AM
or nutraplanet.com

DUBGURL19
01-11-2010, 10:56 AM
carbs - watch carbs in your protein if you are lifting heavy you are going to need them for the strength - well that or a good fat intake but to me carbs are way easier to eat than good fats.

.:IceMan:.
01-11-2010, 12:08 PM
heavy weights low rep. cardio bout once a week. squats squats squats. whey protein like 4x a day.

This does not work for everyone since everyone has different genetic make ups.

This has been a myth in the weight training world since weights could be lifted.

To gain muscle mass, 70% diet, 30% weight lifting is usually the strategic way to look at it.

You must determine what your genetic muscle make up is before determining what type of weight training regiment you will undertake.

You can reasearch the different genetic muscle build ups by looking up ectomorph, mesomorph, etc..

Heres a link to a quick summary article.

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/body-types-ectomorph-mesomorph-endomorph.html

yanin_flo
01-11-2010, 06:06 PM
ofcourse considering he does know better than just doing that. why would anyone asking for getting bigger advise not already no he must eat, eat, eat

DUBGURL19
01-11-2010, 06:28 PM
This does not work for everyone since everyone has different genetic make ups.

This has been a myth in the weight training world since weights could be lifted.

To gain muscle mass, 70% diet, 30% weight lifting is usually the strategic way to look at it.

You must determine what your genetic muscle make up is before determining what type of weight training regiment you will undertake.

You can reasearch the different genetic muscle build ups by looking up ectomorph, mesomorph, etc..

Heres a link to a quick summary article.

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/body-types-ectomorph-mesomorph-endomorph.html

That is great advice!! And very true we all put on weight and/or lose differently.

I have the bodybuilding encyclopedia the book is like 50 bucks but it has so much useful information... Even if you are not a bodybuilder you should eat and train like one. :)

J Stuff
01-11-2010, 06:32 PM
I just restocked some sups from them yesterday. I was looking everywhere to put in a code but there was no box for me to enter it in.

At the page right b4 you checkout, where you see all your items, scroll down a bit. Its right in the middle.

XImmaculateX
01-11-2010, 06:39 PM
carbs - watch carbs in your protein if you are lifting heavy you are going to need them for the strength - well that or a good fat intake but to me carbs are way easier to eat than good fats.

yeah my fav carb oatmeal haha i eat the shit out of it

TLontheDL
01-11-2010, 08:33 PM
At the page right b4 you checkout, where you see all your items, scroll down a bit. Its right in the middle.

DAMN IT!!!! give me about 2 more months when I have to reorder again :facepalm:

J Stuff
01-11-2010, 11:18 PM
talk to their live chat support 247 and tell them u forgot to add it. They are very nice and will likely credit 10% back to ur card. Just say upon getting your email you realized the coupon was not calculated.

do it do it. They have added items for me after i paid as well as fix a screw up from one of their brands they sell for me

01-12-2010, 12:07 AM
That is great advice!! And very true we all put on weight and/or lose differently.

I have the bodybuilding encyclopedia the book is like 50 bucks but it has so much useful information... Even if you are not a bodybuilder you should eat and train like one. :)

I had that book to before Hurricane Ike flooded my garage. That book was in a box that got flooded and wet. Along with that book I also lost the following which were great for weight training and different workouts for different sports aswell...

Getting stronger by Bill Pearl - shows alot of different exercises for different sports including body building but also showed explosive exercises for football, baseball, etc..

The art of weight training

Science and Practice of Strength Training

Periodization Training For Sports

Strength Training Anatomy

DUBGURL19
01-12-2010, 05:09 AM
Getting stronger by Bill Pearl - shows alot of different exercises for different sports including body building but also showed explosive exercises for football, baseball, etc..

I am going to get this book! I teach athletic training and this books sounds perfect!

ryk
01-12-2010, 08:55 AM

I wish there was a book Bodybuilding or mass building for dummies. I'd so buy that book.

yanin_flo
01-12-2010, 10:10 PM
you people are very technical. i can remember the last time i looked on a BB forum or opened a magazine or even done a math problem to figure out how much protein i should take.

J Stuff
01-12-2010, 11:16 PM
you people are very technical. i can remember the last time i looked on a BB forum or opened a magazine or even done a math problem to figure out how much protein i should take.

I research as much as I can to optimize, tweak, enhance, better anything I am currently doing or not doing or should be doing.

01-13-2010, 12:25 AM
I wish there was a book Bodybuilding or mass building for dummies. I'd so buy that book.

There is. Its called Weight training for dummies.

http://about.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/isbn=9780471768456/search=weight%20training%20for%20dummies&mode=about_weighttraining

Problem is, without the proper research done you will just hit a plateau and not see gains after that or very little that will discourage an individual. Bodybuilding and weight training is a science.

DUBGURL19
01-13-2010, 05:41 AM

Us competitors know that if our protein intake is off by a few ounces we can not lean or not bulk like we need to...

Most of us dont play around with this...

It is one thing to be a dumb meathead but something very different to be an educated one.

joseph052188
01-13-2010, 08:47 AM
Everything you need to know is here:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/

Damn bad ass site

Corrosive
01-13-2010, 10:05 AM
I like how the OP has not replied back in nearly 5 days, lol.

Its been a while since I have stepped foot into the fitness section of H-I; I am really glad to see that there are so many knowledgeable people on here. Everyone's advice is awesome!

This thread = Good read

J Stuff
01-13-2010, 11:46 AM
Us competitors know that if our protein intake is off by a few ounces we can not lean or not bulk like we need to...

It is one thing to be a dumb meathead but something very different to be an educated one.

agreed.

yanin_flo
01-13-2010, 01:02 PM

i guess ill use measuring cups and take notes when i become competitive until then i guess ill just be biggerfasterstronger by accident.:)

DUBGURL19
01-13-2010, 01:42 PM
Electronic Scale....

yanin_flo
01-13-2010, 06:07 PM
love mine!

NavyLS1
01-18-2010, 02:09 AM
Electronic Scale....

Too hardcore.

People using measuring cups for their food to ge tthe exact weight, juat ridiculous.

Its crazy because the majority of gym rats want to gain muscle but don't eat nearly enough. Gather up all the good foods and eat as much as you can.

Next, don't follow these crappy diets in the muscle magazines. They looks like precontest diets for pro bodybuilders who are one huge amounts of steroids. Next, if you think that pro bodybuilders don't dirty bulk go look up some bodybuilders off season routines. Of course they won't advertise that they stuff their face with Taco Bell, but they do.

You need calories and protein to build muscle, plain and simple. These crazy magazine diets won't help you grow. If you're cutting, than yes you need to be a little more careful, with your carb and fat intake, but still. A lot of this strict dieting stuff is known as Broscience. Search that term on bodybuilding.com.

Lastly, don't go crazy with supplements. Take whey, multivitamins, and creatine. You don't need anything else. Supps are grossly overpriced to being with, you don't need to be taking 10 different things. Main things are eating enough, getting the proper amount of rest, and lifting.

yanin_flo
01-18-2010, 06:56 AM
i like to think of myself as an off season BB. i work hard as hell in the gym, but i still like to live my life. I do on the other hand take into account what i eat, i eat healthier than anyone i know. all my food is mainly proteins and low carbs. i do however drink beer and go for the occasional cheap99 burger, i think its better to have a happy medium.

Corrosive
01-18-2010, 07:12 AM
^ I agree. Its one thing to enjoy the occasional "treat" and its another when you do it all the time. Speaking of myself, when I do have one of those times where I enjoy some "bad for you food" I savor the moment because I know its going to be forever until I get to experience that again.

DUBGURL19
01-18-2010, 10:17 AM
OMG you are not suppose to tell anyone our off season diet secret!!!! lol...

I hate to sound like an elitist, but I train for 6 years hard, careful what i consumed NOTHING compares to being a competitor whether figure of bodybuilder... off season or ON season

Food being shoved in your face and saying no - not snacking or even chewing gum with sugar

going out and not even having one beer

waking up at 430 so you can do 45 mins of cardio high intensity on an empty stomach then knowing you have 45 mins after you kill yourself with weights...

being weak from lack of food but pushing through the fatigue - feeling dizzy like you are a freaking zombie walking the earth....

Unless you actually do it you have no idea what it is like...

DUBGURL19
01-18-2010, 10:20 AM
not to mention - anyone and everyone at the gym, your family, friends all putting in their two cents, you are two skinny your too bulky you are too this or that

Just try it - it will completely change your world and if you THOUGHT you trained you will know after you get that low in body fat

Do the routine for 4 months hell even 3 months and you will see.

Happy
01-18-2010, 10:27 AM
OMG you are not suppose to tell anyone our off season diet secret!!!! lol...

I hate to sound like an elitist, but I train for 6 years hard, careful what i consumed NOTHING compares to being a competitor whether figure of bodybuilder... off season or ON season

Food being shoved in your face and saying no - not snacking or even chewing gum with sugar

going out and not even having one beer

waking up at 430 so you can do 45 mins of cardio high intensity on an empty stomach then knowing you have 45 mins after you kill yourself with weights...

being weak from lack of food but pushing through the fatigue - feeling dizzy like you are a freaking zombie walking the earth....

Unless you actually do it you have no idea what it is like...

less of an elitist more of a person that is seeing the rewards of the sacrifices you've made.

DUBGURL19
01-18-2010, 10:35 AM
less of an elitist more of a person that is seeing the rewards of the sacrifices you've made.

I like that...

you know I have a child, a family I am a full time student but I can honestly say with 100% confidence that those 5 months were the hardest thing I have ever done in my entire life both mentally and physically.

yanin_flo
01-18-2010, 10:55 AM
not to mention - anyone and everyone at the gym, your family, friends all putting in their two cents, you are two skinny your too bulky you are too this or that

Just try it - it will completely change your world and if you THOUGHT you trained you will know after you get that low in body fat

Do the routine for 4 months hell even 3 months and you will see.

i mean. that sounds more of like personal thing, i trainer harder than anyone Ive seen in the gym. its good to have all that control but i don't want to live life wishing i would have. so i get drunk and eat junk. looking at me you wouldn't think it thou, so if you're thinking it makes you better because you eat sugar free gum then more power to you.

DUBGURL19
01-18-2010, 02:22 PM
I do that all too but I have the discipline to not do it when I am on season... There is a reason why what we do is considered a competitive sport and we are professional athletes... That is all I am saying.

Unless you do it you could never understand. One day just give it a try for two weeks even trust it is harder than you think

yanin_flo
01-18-2010, 07:56 PM
not really, it's not live i survive off alcohol lol, i could easily decide to do a contest and prep and eat soy crackers and rice cakes but its not my thing. i respect bodybuilding in every aspect but i don't consider it a real sport. its purely genetic you have it or you don't. i can do all that stuff you do and enter a contest and loose because daddy didn't bless me with the genetics to grow a chest.

and yea understand its the "hardest sport" there is. but how hard is it to eat well and go to the gym everyday? because lets be honest thats all there is to it. not like you have to practice jump shots or get tackled over and over by a 300lb lineman.

DUBGURL19
01-18-2010, 08:28 PM
you could never do a contest or do well in bodybuilding not because of genetics but because your a douchebag who thinks he knows everything

Your post show you do not know anything....

Oh and you could never do what I do... but thanks anyway one day when you want to be real about it let me know...

TheSnowMan
01-18-2010, 08:29 PM
:hsrun:

CandymanVending
01-18-2010, 08:37 PM
To OP I'll give you the best advice lol. You dont need supplements. Take your self to TSU unairconditioned gym and have the old man in there help you out. Its like a hell hole and those boys can lift weight like I never have seen in my life. I went in there couldnt press/squat anything and told that old man I wanted to get stronger for track and he got me powerful quick for free lol.

yanin_flo
01-19-2010, 09:17 AM
you could never do a contest or do well in bodybuilding not because of genetics but because your a douchebag who thinks he knows everything

Oh and you could never do what I do... but thanks anyway one day when you want to be real about it let me know...

lol i sense hostility? whats with the name calling because you didn't like what i said? and its not that i think i know everything. i do know what it takes to be a pro BB UN natural at that; which IMO is harder than what natural is since you have to take into account you're trolling.[which takes far more precious to do correctly] I have cousins and good friends that do contest and promos, ive trained with them and have lived that lifestyle just to see how it would be fyi it sucks! so i do know what it takes and the dedication you give into being an elitist . so with that said im going to refer back to my original statement you have to have a happy medium, everyone is looking to get into a show and just because you don't smoke, don't drink, never eat a snickers bar doesn't make you hotshit. :look:

NavyLS1
01-21-2010, 03:08 AM
I do that all too but I have the discipline to not do it when I am on season... There is a reason why what we do is considered a competitive sport and we are professional athletes... That is all I am saying.

Unless you do it you could never understand. One day just give it a try for two weeks even trust it is harder than you think

I have no desire to do what you do, no offense, I train but I don't bodybuild. Having single digit bodyfat is nowhere near my list of goals. If I actually had to pin down my style of training, it'd be powerlifting, because I focus more on deadlifting, bench, squat, and pullups.

But that isn't even entirely accurate either, because I alo like MMA training and the strength and conditioning type stuff like tire flipping and slegdehammer work.

Another reason for my voracious appetite? I work in a warehouse, with a strict pace that I have to follow. No slacking. So my work plus exercise, revs me up. And I love food. I realize 12-14% bf is probably a lardass to you, I am perfectly fine with it, and with my muscle mass I am constantly accused of being on steroids, even though I am natural.

I am not hating on your or what you do, I am just questioning the wisdom of recommending strict diet to someone who is trying to gain muscle, and who is likely not eating enough as it is.

DUBGURL19
01-21-2010, 06:12 AM
I have no desire to do what you do, no offense, I train but I don't bodybuild. Having single digit bodyfat is nowhere near my list of goals. If I actually had to pin down my style of training, it'd be powerlifting, because I focus more on deadlifting, bench, squat, and pullups.

But that isn't even entirely accurate either, because I alo like MMA training and the strength and conditioning type stuff like tire flipping and slegdehammer work.

Another reason for my voracious appetite? I work in a warehouse, with a strict pace that I have to follow. No slacking. So my work plus exercise, revs me up. And I love food. I realize 12-14% bf is probably a lardass to you, I am perfectly fine with it, and with my muscle mass I am constantly accused of being on steroids, even though I am natural.

I am not hating on your or what you do, I am just questioning the wisdom of recommending strict diet to someone who is trying to gain muscle, and who is likely not eating enough as it is.

Nope that comment, probably the last few comments I made were direct only at Yanin, he gets on my nerves...lol

I think to have a daily bf% of 12 - 14 is not bad - and I respecte powerlifters like there is no tomorrow - what they do it insane....

I was just saying I doubted he had the discipline it takes and his constant rambling and the way he thinks he knows what we do to our bodies.

It is all about your goals..

And about the natural thing - more power to you! I too am a natural athlete and we will always get accused of doing steroids, but hey we do it the harder more natural way and that deserve a pat on the back

yanin_flo
01-21-2010, 09:00 AM
Nope that comment, probably the last few comments I made were direct only at Yanin, he gets on my nerves...lol

I think to have a daily bf% of 12 - 14 is not bad - and I respecte powerlifters like there is no tomorrow - what they do it insane....

I was just saying I doubted he had the discipline it takes and his constant rambling and the way he thinks he knows what we do to our bodies.

And about the natural thing - more power to you! I too am a natural athlete and we will always get accused of doing steroids, but hey we do it the harder more natural way and that deserve a pat on the back

gee thanks! :gonk: you say "i think i know what y'all do to your bodies" if you didn't know im swole too and natural so give some benefit of the doubt that someone else besides you knows a bit about fitness.

beer>discipline
http://www.hi-upload.com/upload/uploaded12/Picture 024 copy4.jpg

DUBGURL19
01-21-2010, 09:38 AM
yeah I know remember you pm'ed me your link to look at your pics... so yeah I know how you look.

LOL it is not that I do not think you do not know anything...

I guess it is just your cockyness that erks me....

DUBGURL19
01-21-2010, 09:45 AM
It actually was this comment that irritated me - because some of us on here take this very seriously, you may not take it that seriously but we do and we look in mags or online because we want to constantly learn.. there is no way you can ever know everything.

yanin_flo
01-21-2010, 09:45 AM
lol OK, that's fine it bothers most people..just wanted to clarify.

truce?

yanin_flo
01-21-2010, 09:46 AM

truce?

DUBGURL19
Yes sir I have been over it... I never stay mad for long.

yanin_flo

truce?

Hyper
01-21-2010, 09:54 AM
Awwwwwww

TLontheDL
01-21-2010, 09:55 AM
somebody hold me?

winc281
01-21-2010, 09:58 AM
triple post of peace

Hyper
01-21-2010, 09:59 AM

truce?

truce?

truce?

LOL Yanin wants a truce so bad, he double posted that shit to make sure she see's he's serious.

Triple!

ryk
01-21-2010, 10:00 AM
LOL Yanin wants a truce so bad, he double posted that shit to make sure she sees he's serious.

Jeebus
01-21-2010, 10:06 AM
yeah I know remember you pm'ed me your link to look at your pics.......

lol

yanin_flo
01-21-2010, 10:17 AM
you know it baby! HI has been giving me some mad hourglass lately =[ i just wanted to be as precise as you guys are in the gym that i overdid it =/

DUBGURL19
01-21-2010, 10:32 AM
lol!!!! Yes dude of course I am over it.

Truce.

Playwithme
01-21-2010, 10:56 AM
If you wanna get cut do low weights and lots of reps for power of course you lift heavy weights and low reps. Eat good carbs such as chicken and fish (white meats) brown rice and wheat bread. Plenty of rest is important don't try to go all out everyday on the same muscle group and expect a change right away more than anything if you work on the same muscle you're pretty much damaging it let it rest for a week. Just work 1 or 2 muscle groups each day for 5 days a week. I been out of commission for a while but I picked back up hoping that muscle memory delivers. I miss being 180lbs cut with 21 inch arms.

Bob'sBurgers
01-21-2010, 11:20 AM

ah! im scared from all the roid rage!!!
:roflmao::roflmao:

Ruthless_Image
01-21-2010, 11:45 AM
lol!!!! Yes dude of course I am over it.

Truce.

Where do u train?

yanin_flo
01-21-2010, 11:59 AM
'Icy-Hot' is too weak for DUBGURL. After a workout, DUBGURL rubs her muscles down with liquid-hot MAGMA.

DUBGURL19
01-21-2010, 12:14 PM
Where do u train?

San Jacinto 24 Hour - right off i10

DUBGURL19
01-21-2010, 12:15 PM
ah! im scared from all the roid rage!!!
:roflmao::roflmao:

I am getting a shirt made one day it is going to say "it is not roid rage it is carb depletion"

Ruthless_Image
01-21-2010, 12:15 PM
San Jacinto 24 Hour - right off i10

Dam thats far, How you liking ur muscletech stuff?

DUBGURL19
01-21-2010, 12:29 PM
I really like it!!! but man it is sweet those scoops are huge. I really want to try the entire pro series stack but I have to finish up my other products first.

I have put on some weight since I started nothing major about 5 lbs

Ruthless_Image
01-21-2010, 01:04 PM
I really like it!!! but man it is sweet those scoops are huge. I really want to try the entire pro series stack but I have to finish up my other products first.

where did u get ur supplements, online or local shopp?

DUBGURL19
01-21-2010, 01:20 PM
I order online for most of it

www.discountanabolics.com
www.nutraplanet.com

or nutrition depot

Ruthless_Image
01-21-2010, 01:34 PM
I order online for most of it

www.discountanabolics.com
www.nutraplanet.com

or nutrition depot

thanks, im going to start with my new supplements feb 1st including trying out the pro-series

Triple A
01-21-2010, 02:12 PM
If you wanna get cut do low weights and lots of reps for power of course you lift heavy weights and low reps. Eat good carbs such as chicken and fish (white meats) brown rice and wheat bread. Plenty of rest is important don't try to go all out everyday on the same muscle group and expect a change right away more than anything if you work on the same muscle you're pretty much damaging it let it rest for a week. Just work 1 or 2 muscle groups each day for 5 days a week. I been out of commission for a while but I picked back up hoping that muscle memory delivers. I miss being 180lbs cut with 21 inch arms.

:really?:

Playwithme
01-21-2010, 03:15 PM
wow caught that didn't you well let me rephrase it "carbs and protein such as ........."

DUBGURL19
01-21-2010, 03:20 PM
Okay so some real results from cell tech just got my bf% done I am up 5lbs of muscle from 99lbs to 104lbs of muscle mass :)

yanin_flo
01-21-2010, 03:21 PM

nitrotech? yea huge for sure but its 60 servings at one scoop each.

Jeebus
01-21-2010, 03:24 PM
Okay so some real results from cell tech just got my bf% done I am up 5lbs of muscle from 99lbs to 104lbs of muscle mass :)

How did you measure it?

Bob'sBurgers
01-21-2010, 03:45 PM
I am getting a shirt made one day it is going to say "it is not roid rage it is carb depletion"

:thumb::Goofy:

damn how tall are you? u must not have anyfat in you!!!:really?:
:shocklook:

DUBGURL19
01-21-2010, 06:43 PM
nitrotech? yea huge for sure but its 60 servings at one scoop each.

jeez everytime I say cell tech you say nitro tech.. NO.

There are 3 products on the pro series line Nano Vapor preworkout

Cell tech (creatine) post workout

and nitrotech is the protein product

I am taking CELL TECH.

DUBGURL19
01-21-2010, 06:44 PM
:thumb::Goofy:

damn how tall are you? u must not have anyfat in you!!!:really?:
:shocklook:

Oh I got fat... right now at least about 20 lbs I am 5'1 but when I compete I will get down to like 106 :(

yanin_flo
01-21-2010, 07:04 PM
jeez everytime I say cell tech you say nitro tech.. NO.

There are 3 products on the pro series line Nano Vapor preworkout

Cell tech (creatine) post workout

and nitrotech is the protein product

I am taking CELL TECH.

got ya. you've actually never said what it was just muscletech pro..ive taken the cell tech before it was ok i like nitro better..to birds with one stone..what protein are you taking?

DUBGURL19
01-21-2010, 07:56 PM
got ya. you've actually never said what it was just muscletech pro..ive taken the cell tech before it was ok i like nitro better..to birds with one stone..what protein are you taking?

but the nitro tech is the protein - I am lacto so me and protein are no bueno...

I stick to aminos and real food protein

yanin_flo
01-21-2010, 08:15 PM
ohh that kinda sucks, but ever try with water? and yea im food protein too but shakes also

yanin_flo
01-21-2010, 09:39 PM
started nitro pro on monday at 190 tonite final gym day of the week thurs 192.3 ;]

fyi also burned over 1000 cardio calories.

TLontheDL
01-21-2010, 09:45 PM

name some amino acid supplements. powder or pills. I'm looking to buy some. I would rather have powder so it can digest faster.

yanin_flo
01-21-2010, 10:40 PM
name some amino acid supplements. powder or pills. I'm looking to buy some. I would rather have powder so it can digest faster.

super liquid amino 2300 is my fave. only around 15 bux
when it comes to supps whatever you can get in liquid form is best since it'll enter the blood stream quicker

LuDerr
01-21-2010, 10:57 PM
im still on the track of getting bigger. ive always been skinny and could never gain weight no matter how much i tried. i went to my doctor and he prescribed me some medicine to help me put on weight. because i was working out regularly, its just i was burning all that weight from working out so much. so i took a break and focused on eating right and gaining some body fat. started off at 138, then after about a month got up to about 145, then got H1N1 and within about a week lost all that weight and went back to like 136. got off the medicine and about a month ago got back on it. so in about a month in maybe 2 weeks i went from 138 to 150 as of today. now im just starting to hit the weights while continuing to eat like hell and gain more weight at the same time.

my target weight=175

DUBGURL19
01-22-2010, 05:50 AM
ohh that kinda sucks, but ever try with water? and yea im food protein too but shakes also

I always drink with Water - but most proteins have milk products in them.

DUBGURL19
01-22-2010, 05:51 AM

There are so many different types - I have never tried the powder. I have done the liquid and pills.

Just make sure they say BCAA and you are good

Bob'sBurgers
01-22-2010, 07:30 AM
but the nitro tech is the protein - I am lacto so me and protein are no bueno...

DAmn lactos is that with every hispanic.
i still drink milk fuck the stomach aches how else would i eat my lucky charms?

DUBGURL19
01-22-2010, 02:21 PM
DAmn lactos is that with every hispanic.
i still drink milk fuck the stomach aches how else would i eat my lucky charms?

I usually eat it too but I hate the stomach cramping so I really try to stay away but everything has milk.

Bob'sBurgers
01-22-2010, 03:45 PM
I usually eat it too but I hate the stomach cramping so I really try to stay away but everything has milk.

stomach cramps lead to other stuff
lol but i cant say no cereal

DUBGURL19
01-22-2010, 05:11 PM
stomach cramps lead to other stuff
lol but i cant say no cereal

I rather not deal with any of it...

TLontheDL
01-22-2010, 05:13 PM
you're hispanic and your lactose intolerant?! whoa..

yanin_flo
01-22-2010, 06:47 PM

http://milk.procon.org/viewresource.asp?resourceID=000661

chinaman_87
01-22-2010, 07:58 PM
how about creatine, what are peoples stance on that, I get two stories one side says it pumps you up and helps you lift more, the other side says its false mass cause it retains water to make muscles look fuller.

TLontheDL
01-22-2010, 08:01 PM
how about creatine, what are peoples stance on that, I get two stories one side says it pumps you up and helps you lift more, the other side says its false mass cause it retains water to make muscles look fuller.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/creatine_is_safe.htm

yanin_flo
01-22-2010, 08:06 PM

whatever works..i dont mind beefing up on creatines like cell-tech from time to time.

chinaman_87
01-22-2010, 08:15 PM
^ just finished reading

Bob'sBurgers
01-25-2010, 07:49 AM

what can i say, shit sucks
but i deal with it.

Belly
01-25-2010, 08:14 AM

I'm lactose intolerant and I take mootopia (from HEB - lactose free) and dymatize gourmet protein. No problems so far. But what do I now, I'm nowhere near your level.

DUBGURL19
01-25-2010, 09:03 AM
I'm lactose intolerant and I take mootopia (from HEB - lactose free) and dymatize gourmet protein. No problems so far. But what do I now, I'm nowhere near your level.

I hear mootopia is pretty good. I should check it out.

Bob'sBurgers
01-25-2010, 09:33 AM
I hear mootopia is pretty good. I should check it out.

http://www.sports-supplements.co.uk/data/images/Cytosport/Muscle-Milk-RTD.jpg

DUBGURL19
01-25-2010, 01:11 PM
http://www.sports-supplements.co.uk/data/images/Cytosport/Muscle-Milk-RTD.jpg

EWWWWWWW HECK NO.

I do not like those and muscle milk - eh'

ryk
01-25-2010, 02:16 PM
http://www.carbessentials.net/store/catalog/images/Isopure%20Lg.jpg

I like this stuff. It's so easy on my stomach
(yes, I too am lactose intolerant)

winc281
01-25-2010, 02:45 PM
^never tried it

I drink mootopia. Pretty good lactose free milk. About 12 grams of protein and 90 calories per cup.

Bob'sBurgers
01-25-2010, 03:33 PM
EWWWWWWW HECK NO.

I do not like those and muscle milk - eh'

:Realsad: Le sigh....

yanin_flo
01-25-2010, 06:29 PM
muscle milk is for noobs =p

DUBGURL19
01-26-2010, 05:42 AM
muscle milk is for noobs =p

For once I agree with you.

And Ryk - that stuff taste like sweaty ass mixed with water....lol

Ruthless_Image
01-26-2010, 06:43 AM

LOL...How do you know what sweaty ass taste like??? JK.. LOL

DUBGURL19
01-26-2010, 07:23 AM
LOL...How do you know what sweaty ass taste like??? JK.. LOL

Oh you know how I know.... lol

winc281
01-26-2010, 07:49 AM
:naughty:

Ruthless_Image
01-26-2010, 07:49 AM

wow, PM me details please :thumb:

Hyper
01-26-2010, 08:32 AM

Like, truck driver sweaty ass or gorgeous woman sweaty ass? Cause there may be a difference... Just saying.

ryk
01-26-2010, 08:33 AM

Small price to pay in order to avoid the bubble guts and stomach stabbings from lactose. :gonk:

Bob'sBurgers
01-26-2010, 08:36 AM
Small price to pay in order to avoid the bubble guts and stomach stabbings from lactose. :gonk:

i havent had milk and a week im missing bubble guts

yanin_flo
01-26-2010, 09:14 AM
Like, truck driver sweaty ass or gorgeous woman sweaty ass? Cause there may be a difference... Just saying.

gorgeous women don't sweat :facepalm:

CZlol
01-26-2010, 09:23 AM
Heh, sorry for not replying, i did some reading up and what not on BB that someone linked and never came back to the thread till i was browsing today =P.

Hyper
01-26-2010, 09:30 AM

Just like they don't fart right? :facepalm::weirdo:

Bob'sBurgers
01-26-2010, 09:31 AM

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

winc281
01-26-2010, 09:36 AM

wrd....they fluff

DUBGURL19
01-26-2010, 09:45 AM

For real?

You must have not dated too many gorgeous woman..

yanin_flo
01-26-2010, 11:56 AM
For real?

You must have not dated too many gorgeous woman..

or you mean maybe YOU haven't dated gorgeous women.:Goofy:

DUBGURL19
01-26-2010, 01:46 PM
or you mean maybe YOU haven't dated gorgeous women.:Goofy:

lol... A gentleman never tells

yanin_flo
01-26-2010, 08:24 PM
haha we should workout together someday, ill handle your overflow =p

TheSnowMan
01-26-2010, 08:28 PM
Somewhere along the lines I think we got off track of this thread.:hsrun:.

yanin_flo
01-26-2010, 10:05 PM
haha i think someone made it clear BBdotcom