PDA

View Full Version : tein s tech or h&r sport on acura tl?

91civicsi
01-06-2010, 08:59 PM
I have an 04 acura tl that i just bought and it is lowered on tien s tech springs and stock shocks. The ride is fairly smooth but feels a bit scary going around turns on the freeway and pretty harsh on big bumps or dips. My question is would some tokico hp struts improve the ride or just stiffen it, and would some h&r sport springs (which are supposed to be very high quality) with tokico hps ride better? I know there is alot of gray area when it comes to suspension tuning but i just want to hear any opinions ppl might have especially those who have or have had these setups. My goal is to drop the car around 1-1.4" and still ride smooth for daily driving. Im not planning on doin any racing so its just for looks.... i found that the spring rates for my tien s techs are roughly 295/190 but was unable to find the rates for the h&r's, apparently thats a company secret....

thanks in advance for any feedback

silvercivicsrs
01-06-2010, 09:26 PM
well i can't tell u about a tl because i don't own one but the s techs on my civic coupe ride decent. about 1.3-1.4" drop which gives it a better aggressive stance at the same time i'm not grinding pavement. if u want badass springs get eibach. my suspension and steering prof back in Austin was a hardcore racer and rode on all sorts of suspensions and said eibach are the best. Those will be my next set once these teins fail but so far i like it.

91civicsi
01-06-2010, 09:34 PM
yea i have had eibach in the past and loved them but they only offer the pro kit for my car which is only a 1" drop and i really wanted a little more...

silvercivicsrs
01-06-2010, 09:46 PM
ever thought about doing a coilover kit? i love the k-sport coil kit they offer for my car but $910 + ship = :facepalm:

LuDerr
01-07-2010, 12:14 AM
i have some teins myself. gave me a 2.1inch drop in the front and 1.9 in the back. its not near slammed now because the stock height i felt like i was driving a truck.

91civicsi
01-07-2010, 12:18 AM
thanks for feedback guys but im really looking to find if anyone knows how the springs ride in comparison and if the tokico hp struts ride smooth or really stiff...

macKdaddytran
01-19-2010, 09:07 PM
I know this is off topic, but would you mind showing me a picture of your car? I have a TL too and always wondered what the s tech looked like

syntheticGT
01-20-2010, 01:14 PM
How is there "gray" area when it comes to suspension tuning?

As long as you use good quality brands you really cant go wrong. You just have to pick how stiff/low you want it to be and go from there.

You cannot go wrong with Tokico and H&R or Tokico and Tein. They are both great quality products. A regular H&R Sport kit will probably ride a little softer then the S-Techs from what I remember.

Stick to companies that have been around for a long time and have proven track records with their products. Try not to buy from companies that have been here for a few years and only make suspension products because it is trendy to have a dumped car.

JadeRSX08
01-21-2010, 12:49 AM
i liked my H&R's no complaints there

tOny3
01-21-2010, 01:02 AM
in with the pics!

91civicsi
01-26-2010, 12:27 AM
if someone can post the link where to upload pics ill post some....

as for an update, i installed the h&r sports with tokico hp's and i am happy with the results....the ride is very smooth and the car feels like its glued to the road. it does not have the floaty stock feeling which is smooth but scary at higher speeds and instead it follows the roads dips which can be slightly uncomfortable on bad roads but overall it rides great and just feels like a sport suspension should, especially on the turns.

Jjona5
02-04-2010, 10:19 PM
I dont know if they offer them for your car but the performance bilsteins have grooves cut into the side of them and you can set the spring perch level to raise or lower the height. You can also send them in and have them cut at another level. If you are going on the cheap eibachs and bilsteins are awesome. Plus if you do decide to have the rings machined you could also get them revalved(if you didnt like the ride). It's all fairly inexpensive to.

Jjona5
02-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Oh didnt notice you decided...just make a photobucket.com account to upload pictures...