PDA

View Full Version : morning workout

J'Twank
12-03-2009, 07:17 AM
im just wondering if anyone else works out early in the morning b4 work? i go to 24hr fitness off federal at around 4a.m. and its empty. everyone says im crazy for goin to early in the morning! anyone wanna join?

ryk
12-03-2009, 07:29 AM
Props for being commited enough to do it in the morning. :thumb:
I'm a post work weight lifter. I take out all my job stress on the weights.

ChuyiN
12-03-2009, 07:29 AM
I would love to workout in the morning man, but Im too lazy to wake up..

J'Twank
12-03-2009, 07:35 AM
yea its hard especially with a newborn! it gets kinda annoying not being able to step up the weight with no one in the gym and no one to spot you.

Jeebus
12-03-2009, 07:38 AM
I would work out in the morning if I didn't have the time after work/school. You got it good, anytime between 4-9 at the 24 I go to is crazy packed. You would think making the gym twice the size would improve things but it was much better when it was at the smaller space next door.

ryk
12-03-2009, 07:41 AM
WOW... comitted even with a new born. Double props.

My big draw back to workingout in the morning is the lack of fuel and protein. I know it's ideal for weight loss, but I'm trying to put on muscle. The last time I had a hard, morning workout, I ended up getting the exhaustion gags and felt like I Wanted to barf. I was waaaaaay under-fueled for weight lifting.

J'Twank
12-03-2009, 07:48 AM
I would work out in the morning if I didn't have the time after work/school. You got it good, anytime between 4-9 at the 24 I go to is crazy packed. You would think making the gym twice the size would improve things but it was much better when it was at the smaller space next door.

yea people dont usually start rolling in till around 5:45-6 which is when im finishing up ready to leave.
WOW... comitted even with a new born. Double props.

My big draw back to workingout in the morning is the lack of fuel and protein. I know it's ideal for weight loss, but I'm trying to put on muscle. The last time I had a hard, morning workout, I ended up getting the exhaustion gags and felt like I Wanted to barf. I was waaaaaay under-fueled for weight lifting.

thanks man! yea i got that way the other morning i definelty felt under-fueled but it smoothed out once i got home n showered.

i didnt get to make it this morning tho baby fusses till about 1 this morning so i stayed up with her n fially fell asleep alarm went off at 3:20 i said heck no not today!

heyitsryan
12-03-2009, 07:58 AM
I wake up at 5:30 AM every morning and do a small workout at home, don't have time to go to the gym since I need to be at school by 7am for an 8 am class ( FML lol). I work out for maybe 30 minutes, it energizes me and wakes my ass up.

I have a pull up bar, so I do a couple things on there, eat a good breakfast, do some push ups and sit ups and call it a day. I have a gym in my apartment complex, but its too much of a hassle to walk all the way over there and back. I wish I had a home gym to start lifting weights though.

Props for being able to be so committed with a new born!

J'Twank
12-03-2009, 08:09 AM
yea it does give you a good wake up and makes you feel good for the rest of the day!!! im at the gym at around 3:50 leave around 5:50 home by 6:05 shower get the baby ready take here to and my girl to her moms house by 6:45 and at work by 7! i tell you it definetly takes a toll on me! but oh well!

DUBGURL19
12-03-2009, 08:38 AM
Okay here is the problem!

I am with you - that is my gym but I go to midtown in the morning at 430 AM, wake up at 330am so I can eat before I workout

One of my bodybuilder friends told me he cannot work out in the morning because he is stronger in the afternoon after having more food in his system..

So yesterday I did my workout in the afternoon and I was stronger! A good 10 to 20lbs stronger...

This puts me in a dilemma because I love my morning workouts but I know that since this is my second job I have to be stronger.

J'Twank
12-03-2009, 08:44 AM
im the same way but since i cant go in the after noons im kinda forced to go in the morning or not go at all! and i saw you there maybe a month ago.

im 2 weeks in after like a month of not goin to the gym at all!

ryk
12-03-2009, 09:15 AM

I am with you - that is my gym but I go to midtown in the morning at 430 AM, wake up at 330am so I can eat before I workout

One of my bodybuilder friends told me he cannot work out in the morning because he is stronger in the afternoon after having more food in his system..

So yesterday I did my workout in the afternoon and I was stronger! A good 10 to 20lbs stronger...

This puts me in a dilemma because I love my morning workouts but I know that since this is my second job I have to be stronger.

That's what I'm sayin! A days worth of food and fuel is ideal for a bad ass workout. I really-really-really want to workout in the mornings, but I just can't get as good of a workout as I would int he evening.

DUBGURL19
12-03-2009, 09:48 AM
im the same way but since i cant go in the after noons im kinda forced to go in the morning or not go at all! and i saw you there maybe a month ago.

im 2 weeks in after like a month of not goin to the gym at all!

Yes I know I started working out in the morning after cardio just so that I could spend more time at home with the fam... But I think I am going to need to switch it up a bit.

So if you saw me why didnt you say hi????

Just not in the middle of a rep! lol

J'Twank
12-03-2009, 09:50 AM
well i was leaving wasnt sure it was you till i saw ur pic like last week! my bad!

DUBGURL19
12-03-2009, 09:52 AM
I see... what do you look like?

I see people look at me crazy and then I get a message and they were like hey dubgurl I saw you...

I am thinking why didnt you say hi, because I was probably wondering who is the weirdo looking at me funny

but if you say hey im from H-I then I know you are a weirdo from h i... just like me. :)

DUBGURL19
12-03-2009, 09:53 AM
That's what I'm sayin! A days worth of food and fuel is ideal for a bad ass workout. I really-really-really want to workout in the mornings, but I just can't get as good of a workout as I would int he evening.

So not I have to figure this out... I guess I can go in at 330 and be done by the time my gf gets home...

and my little boy he loves going to the gym with me, he hits on the hunnies in the kids club...lol

ryk
12-03-2009, 11:53 AM
So not I have to figure this out... I guess I can go in at 330 and be done by the time my gf gets home...

and my little boy he loves going to the gym with me, he hits on the hunnies in the kids club...lol

Try it for a bit and let us know how much of a difference you noticed.

HatchMan
12-03-2009, 12:23 PM
<~~5 AM

HatchMan
12-03-2009, 06:05 PM

it may be your body adjusting to a change in routine... but it wouldnt hurt to give it a shot if it helps you.
keep it up you are looking good