PDA

View Full Version : T-Mac U Trippin

Pages : [1] 2

97civicboy
11-20-2009, 09:09 AM
Scribe Written on November 20, 2009 Ronald Martinez/Getty Images Tracy McGrady’s latest temper tantrum with Houston Rockets head coach Rick Adelman has me convinced the six-time All-Star has lost his mind.

The latest outbreak, which occurred in Minnesota prior to the start of the game , has me wondering if T-Mac has been spending too much time around the likes of Kobe Bryant with his me-first attitude.

Personally, I really don’t think McGrady is the right fit for this Houston Rockets team, especially after this latest crying shame by the former franchise icon.

Houston’s Rockets are currently in a great position at 7-5 and their team chemistry is through the roof.

You add an ill attitude-inept individual like McGrady to that mix and it could easily spell disaster.

Let me be the first to say that I was a big fan of T-Mac when the Rockets first brought him on board. He appeared to be focused on making Houston a winning franchise, and upon first glance he absolutely seemed like a team player.

But through all the injuries and all 125 games he has missed with the team in his six seasons as a Rocket, things began to change.

That change, unfortunately, is becoming more and more evident.

The Houston Rockets don’t need T-Mac to win; they have proved that time and time again.

Don’t get me wrong; I still think McGrady has remarkable skills and could truly help a team reach postseason play. But his time in Houston is about up.

Come on now, Tracy; do you really think screaming and yelling at your coach about your worth is going to fix this situation? Houston fans love you, there’s no doubt. But you need to grow up, T-Mac.

This Rockets team, assembled by Daryl Morey and directed by Adelman, is doing extraordinary things on the hardwood thus far.

Please, T-Mac, don’t dampen Houston’s season with your worries and concerns over your own personal magnitude. Fix your attitude and I’m sure this team will welcome you back with open arms…

ICED@15K
11-20-2009, 09:14 AM
oh tmac

TLontheDL
11-20-2009, 09:17 AM
Fill me in. What did he say to the RA?

rodneeking
11-20-2009, 09:19 AM
Didn't know he went off on RA. Wonder what it was about.

pinoyboy88
11-20-2009, 09:20 AM
this makes me lol

Gunz4Sale
11-20-2009, 09:53 AM
Probably because Tmac said he was ready to come back, and RA said hell nah nga.

AznJoe
11-20-2009, 09:56 AM
Probably because Tmac said he was ready to coem back, and RA said hell nah nga.

kryptonkid07
11-20-2009, 09:57 AM
lol..

i hate tracy now..

he used to be my hero. :'(

97civicboy
11-20-2009, 10:21 AM
watch his punk ass going to play tonight i bet u

AccordSE
11-20-2009, 10:27 AM
watch his punk ass going to play tonight i bet u

i bet u he wont

knightjustice
11-20-2009, 10:32 AM
i bet u he wont

yup..Daryl said tmac wont play in a game till he has a full practice with the team.. and with Rick's approval

knightjustice
11-20-2009, 10:38 AM
The Rockets have insisted McGrady hasn’t had enough practice time and is still unfit to pay, a claim that McGrady disputes.

rodneeking
11-20-2009, 10:47 AM
He still has to go through that MRI on the 23rd. So he won't be playing until he's cleared.

ThaJokaa
11-20-2009, 10:48 AM
ok^^^ well thhat nga better get to practicing

Scientific
11-20-2009, 10:58 AM
he has been practicing.

PeteSi
11-20-2009, 11:02 AM
He still has to go through that MRI on the 23rd. So he won't be playing until he's cleared.

The MRI is just to check progress. Doesn't mean if the situation was different, it'd be the thing holding him back from playing.

97civicboy
11-20-2009, 11:07 AM
I hope t-mac come back wreckin but not wreckin his damn body lol.

Cstarflare
11-20-2009, 11:17 AM
awww c'mon we should give him a chance now with the new team's chemistry maybe it'll work out ok...hopefully by jan he'll be set and if doesn't work out by the end of the season then by all means let him go..

rodneeking
11-20-2009, 11:19 AM
The MRI is just to check progress. Doesn't mean if the situation was different, it'd be the thing holding him back from playing.

Well they want him to go through with that first before they even consider clearing him. No clearance, no play no matter how much he complains.

khanhdom
11-20-2009, 11:20 AM

it is the thing holding him back from playing. Morey been saying he won't come back until the MRI clears him. Since Tmac been saying he wanted to come back in the Minny game, but Morey said nothing has changed and he needs to be cleared first.

insomniac
11-20-2009, 11:57 AM
i say let him play n show how injury prone he is so he won't make shit after this season and even the grizzlies wont want him

siboi18
11-20-2009, 11:59 AM
If he can come back to true form like Agent Zero did after such a long absence we will be a lot better. The team chemistry is no doubt good but we will need him if he is indeed back to form.

rodneeking
11-20-2009, 12:02 PM
If he can come back to true form like Agent Zero did after such a long absence we will be a lot better. The team chemistry is no doubt good but we will need him if he is indeed back to form.

If anything the last thing you’d want is him coming back and ruining the chemistry we have right now. His D isn’t something write home about, nor did he play the run and gun offense we’re playing now. Hopefully he adjusts his own style of play for the sake of the team.

Scientific
11-20-2009, 12:02 PM
awww c'mon we should give him a chance now with the new team's chemistry maybe it'll work out ok...hopefully by jan he'll be set and if doesn't work out by the end of the season then by all means let him go..

the Rockets said all along they were going to wait till the MRI on the 23rd. Why he even came up with the 18th date I dont know.

What's an extra five days of waiting? I bet if this team was losing right now, this wouldnt be happening.

ClipseGT
11-20-2009, 12:26 PM
IMO T-mac is ready to go, he knows it and the rockets know it, however Les wants to wait after the 23rd (something about after the 41st game) to still get a good chunk of that insurance payment, basically insurance fraud if u ask me.

knightjustice
11-20-2009, 12:30 PM
McGrady, 30, is in the final year of his contract and is being paid a league-high $23.2 million this season. He’s had a history of injuries with Houston and questions about his toughness and leadership have always been debated inside and outside the organization. In his six seasons with the Rockets, McGrady has missed 125 games because of back and knee problems. Once the Rockets advanced to Game 7 of the Western Conference semifinals without McGrady last season, there came evidence that the Rockets employ a more balanced lineup capable of wining without him.

Sources say McGrady has started to wonder whether the Rockets want him back with this team, or whether they’ve been motivated to let him sit and collect on insurance money. Assuming that McGrady is covered under the NBA’s Temporary Total Disability (TTD) insurance policy, Houston can start to collect up to 80 percent of his prorated per-game salary after he’s missed 41 consecutive games. McGrady sat out his 42nd straight game Wednesday in Minnesota, and the league insurance plan would reimburse the Rockets for any additional missed games.

i dont blame the rockets for sitting him out nor collecting some of the money back.

Cstarflare
11-20-2009, 01:07 PM
well the rocket's starters have gotten more experienced since the last time they played a game with tmac if you ask me and the addition a couple of new players..so maybe if tmac comes back better than before without hurting himself than maybe the team will be even greater ? and if tmac and yao ming get a chance to play together with the rest of the group then the team will be epic ? i dunno we'll just have to wait let it unfold. but then again :facepalm: i don't think i could stand tmac getting hurt one more time and its not like these injuries he has are short term..

PeteSi
11-20-2009, 01:12 PM
Yeah. I heard about the insurance claim pending. So it is partially about money.
But for T-Mac, he's finally healthy. And he wants to see how he plays in real time. He's been waiting a long time to get healthy, and now that he finally is, the Rox won't let him play and that's whats killing him. And I'm sure seeing the chemistry of the team without him hurts. Plus, this is the year he needs to play well to get some paychecks next year.
cliffs: his feelings are hurt and he's a stuck up spoiled child that wants to open his present early and is pouting at the idea that he can't. I've heard that after losses about 2 years back when he was playing, the entire locker room was holding their heads down frustrated. And that he was the only fucker still happy and didn't give a care in the world about wins and losses. So I say big wooptiedoo tmac. You ass needs to give your teammates some slack for being the highest paid NBA player premadonna faggot ass pussy made bitch.

rodneeking
11-20-2009, 01:25 PM
Yeah. I heard about the insurance claim pending. So it is partially about money.
But for T-Mac, he's finally healthy. And he wants to see how he plays in real time. He's been waiting a long time to get healthy, and now that he finally is, the Rox won't let him play and that's whats killing him. And I'm sure seeing the chemistry of the team without him hurts. Plus, this is the year he needs to play well to get some paychecks next year.
cliffs: his feelings are hurt and he's a stuck up spoiled child that wants to open his present early and is pouting at the idea that he can't. I've heard that after losses about 2 years back when he was playing, the entire locker room was holding their heads down frustrated. And that he was the only fucker still happy and didn't give a care in the world about wins and losses. So I say big wooptiedoo tmac. You ass needs to give your teammates some slack for being the highest paid NBA player premadonna faggot ass pussy made bitch.

Nice cliffs pete. Hit the nail on the head.

knightjustice
11-20-2009, 01:48 PM
:O

peter! watch your language!

PeteSi
11-20-2009, 01:56 PM
<3

Nega-Patio
11-20-2009, 02:12 PM
it's all about the money, Rockets want that 80 million or whatever it is. They said they will get that ins money when he sits out for 46 or something games, he's at 42 I think I heard.

AccordSE
11-20-2009, 02:44 PM
Rockets' McGrady, coach refute report of heated exchange
By JONATHAN FEIGEN
Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle
Nov. 20, 2009, 1:48PM

ATLANTA – Though Tracy McGrady made it clear again that he has grown weary with waiting for Monday's practice and MRI, the Rockets' designated next step toward his return to the court, he and Rockets coach Rick Adelman said Friday that their conversation about it Wednesday was not emotional and that voices were not raised.

Yahoo Sports reported that McGrady and Adelman “engaged in an emotional and sometimes loud closed-door confrontation” after McGrady put on his uniform as if he was going to play.

“It's not even an issue,” McGrady said. “If coach tells you something different, I'd be surprised. I'm here to play basketball. I'm not here to be a distraction. I've been through enough of that drama last year. I'm not going to let it start this year, at all.”

McGrady said that voices were not raised during their conversation.

“No question about it,” he said. “I'm not that type of person and you know coach is not.”

Adelman did not seem upset on Wednesday. McGrady had gone through his usual pregame workout before he returned to the locker room and later changed into his uniform while Adelman conducted his pregame media interview. Adelman later laughed when told that McGrady was in uniform.

Adelman said on Friday that when they met, the conversation did not get loud, but that McGrady did not want to wait for next week to make his season debut. McGrady could not have played at the time he put on the uniform on Wednesday because that night's inactive list had already been turned in.

“I knew I wasn't going to play,” McGrady said. “I saw my uniform. I was excited. I put it on, like a little kid. It felt refreshing to put it on because it was in sight.”

A person with knowledge of NBA insurance policies said that insurance has been paying McGrady's salary since last season. The Rockets have said that doctors chose Nov. 23 for McGrady's MRI based on the time doctors believed he would need following the surgery and the team's practice schedule.

Yahoo reported that McGrady put on the uniform to force Adelman to meet with him. Adelman, however, said McGrady could have spoken with him at any time and that they did talk last week, with Adelman reiterating then and again Wednesday that he would stick with the plan to have McGrady work out and go for an MRI on Monday before any decisions were made. McGrady, however, has not wanted to wait, Adelman said.

“There was a difference of opinion,” Adelman said. “He wasn't going to play. I told him that. That was it. I have no idea what they're talking about. He wants to play. I said ‘you're not.' We're going to wait to next week and then we're going to discuss it. We haven't practiced (since Nov. 9). We're going to just suit him up and throw him out there? No.

“We haven't had any arguments. He wants to know what we're going to do. I don't have an answer for that. This is an issue for doctors and the people who work with him. In my mind, he hasn't practiced enough. He's not ready to play.”

Asked if he was eager for Monday's practice and test, McGrady said, “You have no idea.”

Scientific
11-20-2009, 02:58 PM
So how did yahoo did a hodl of the story? Word is T-mac fed it to them. I understand he wants to get back, but the mo fo screwed us last year. Least thing he could do is wait his ass another week so the team can collect the insurance money. Then he could play and we get some of his contract money back. But NOOOOOOO. It has to be under his terms?

I want him back still, but he's obviously not staying in Houston after this year.

knightjustice
11-20-2009, 03:12 PM
tmac sent an email to yahoo.

yahoo published it.

tmac then said he wasnt coming back on the 18th that it was a 'target date' and it was a miss-communication.

Belly
11-20-2009, 03:19 PM
tmac sent an email to yahoo.

yahoo published it.

tmac then said he wasnt coming back on the 18th that it was a 'target date' and it was a miss-communication.

do you have source for this?

Scientific
11-20-2009, 03:19 PM
^^^Last week yahoo reproted t-mac was coming back on the 18th. Adelman and Morey shot that down. T-mac retracted saying he sent yahoo an email saying that was only his opinion.

Im not talking about the 18th deadline he told them last week. I'm referring to the "shouting match" that was reported today. Apperently he also told them that.

SugarDaddy
11-20-2009, 03:24 PM
tmac... :facepalm:

knightjustice
11-20-2009, 03:26 PM
^^^Last week yahoo reproted t-mac was coming back on the 18th. Adelman and Morey shot that down. T-mac retracted saying he sent yahoo an email saying that was only his opinion.

Im not talking about the 18th deadline he told them last week. I'm referring to the "shouting match" that was reported today. Apperently he also told them that.

wrd... trying to find the link but iono what happen to it lol

Nega-Patio
11-20-2009, 03:33 PM
But NOOOOOOO. It has to be under his terms?

I dont understand how him WANTING and ready to play is a bad thing??

PeteSi
11-20-2009, 03:33 PM
do you have source for this?

this one?
http://www.houston-imports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10375692&postcount=717

Just like in old days, misunderstanding overshadows T-Mac

Posted Nov 12 2009 10:01AM

Close your eyes and tap your feet to the rhythm. Feel free to throw your head back and sing along with the familiar words.

It's the same old song with Tracy McGrady, always about him.

This time T-Mac sent out an e-mail to inform the basketball world that he would be making his season debut on Wednesday in Minneapolis. Then he said it was just a goal. Then he said he was misunderstood.

Another one of those embarrassing misunderstandings that seems to follow T-Mac around like toilet paper stuck to the bottom of his adidas.

Like when McGrady proclaimed his devotion to the Orlando Magic franchise and then abandoned it by sitting out the final 15 games of the 2004 season because the team was mired in the East cellar. Later he openly admitted to a national magazine that he didn't always play hard for the Magic.

Like when McGrady said, "It's all on me" prior to the 2007 first-round playoff series against the Utah Jazz and then, after the loss, said "It was never on me."

Like last year when McGrady came into training camp vowing to play his way into shape following an offseason knee surgery and then merely played a cat-and-mouse game in and out of the lineup that held the whole Houston Rockets' organization and season hostage.

When Ron Artest said last week on his visit back to town with the Lakers that his one-season stay in Houston was "very challenging," he was referring greatly to the daily diva routine of McGrady. Last season, T-Mac often kept his teammates guessing whether he'd play on any given night almost right up until the opening tip.

Even when McGrady finally decided to shut himself down for the season to undergo the microfracture procedure on his left knee, that decision came just a week after he had declared himself "back" and was not even considering surgery. The Rockets got the news by watching TV and reading it on T-Mac's Web site.

Coach Rick Adelman was furious. The members of the front office rolled their collective eyes. Many of McGrady's teammates felt betrayed.

Now T-Mac is back with another chorus.

After the latest offseason was filled with reports of his toiling in Chicago under the tutelage of the renowned trainer Tim Grover, McGrady vowed to be ready to return for the start of training camp. The Rockets said he would return when he was fully checked out by their doctors and declared 100 percent ready.

On the day before training camp opened, general manager Daryl Morey said that another MRI on McGrady's knee would be performed on Nov. 23 and that no return before that time was going to happen. Morey said earlier this week that there was no reason to change the timetable on McGrady. Then McGrady felt the need to get his own message out.

McGrady has been taking part in some of the workouts at practice during the past few weeks. But reports out of those practices have said that he can't go flat-out for an entire practice and is nowhere near 100 percent of his former self. In other words, he looks fine -- for someone who is eight or nine months removed from microfracture surgery.

It would likely be suggesting too much of a Machiavellian plan to say that McGrady chose to make his splash into the headlines because the go-go Rockets, who are also missing Yao Ming, have surprised many in Houston (and around the league) by competing respectably during their 5-3 start.

McGrady, in fact, had lauded his teammates for their strong start to the season. Yet he had once again managed to put the spotlight onto himself, where he likes it to be. Until it gets too hot and he withers.

There are many reasons for McGrady to want rush himself back onto the court. For one, he is in the final year of a contract that pays him roughly $23 million this season and wants to keep his value up for the next one. For another, he feels the need to re-establish his credentials after last season's disappointment that was followed by the Rockets finally winning a playoff series while he watched from the sidelines. Then again, he just wants to play.

What's changed this time is that the Rockets are not held hostage to preseason expectations of being a championship contender. They're playing an entirely different style of basketball that does not mesh with his game.

"We are not the same team we were last year," Adelman said to the Houston Chronicle. "We had Yao and things we could fall back on and work (McGrady) in, work him out. We don't have that capability this year. Anytime you throw a player into the mix, it's going to impact the team."

Adelman also said McGrady "has a long ways to go as far as running the court." He can't move defensively. He lacks explosiveness.

The Rockets are determined not to let McGrady cast his shadow over their entire season this time. But that doesn't mean he won't try.

With T-Mac, it's always that same old song.

SugarDaddy
11-20-2009, 03:35 PM
tmac wants to play to get a new contract....that IMO means he wants to control the ball and will seemingly screw up the run style they are playin now... just what im thinkin.

DC
11-20-2009, 04:22 PM
Let him play now and destroy his back...and his value to another potential team. :facepalm:

PeteSi
11-20-2009, 04:26 PM
Let him play now and destroy his back...and his value to another potential team. :facepalm:

unfortunately....along with the Rockets' playoff potential. Good for him means good for us.

Scientific
11-20-2009, 05:18 PM
I dont understand how him WANTING and ready to play is a bad thing??

We all know why he wants to play. The thing is, at least give the organization the chance to recoup some of the money by the insurance claim. Had everything just run its course, get the MRI on the 23rd, be cleared to play the same week, there would be no problem.

But why go the route he took? I have been one of his biggest supporters through out his tenure with the Rockets, but after the stunt he pulled at the trade deadline, least thing he could do is just sit and wait a week to get cleared.

aznguy83
11-20-2009, 05:37 PM
ahh its just a stunt from tmac to let the whole world know hes about to be back.

mtran
11-20-2009, 07:49 PM
i love you tmac.

Drift Gangsta
11-20-2009, 08:17 PM
^ lol

Cstarflare
11-20-2009, 08:20 PM
ahh its just a stunt from tmac to let the whole world know hes about to be back.

tmac doin it big! :blob:

:p

Scientific
11-20-2009, 08:43 PM
i love you tmac.

Well he'll never love you the same.

mtran
11-20-2009, 08:58 PM
Well he'll never love you the same.

YOU LIE!!

Scientific
11-20-2009, 09:30 PM
YOU LIE!!

Look into his eyes, they always lie. :rofl:

rodneeking
11-20-2009, 09:49 PM
if you look into his eyes you wouldn't be able to tell if he was looking at you..

97civicboy
11-20-2009, 09:56 PM
He makes clean no look passes lol

wardzach2007
11-20-2009, 10:00 PM
Wasn't he the one that said that he "promises" that he will take the Rockets to the 2nd round, back when we were playing the Mavericks in the 1st round? :faceapalm:

Cstarflare
11-20-2009, 10:40 PM
He makes clean no look passes lol

what you did there i see it! :lol:

swyyyguy
11-20-2009, 11:23 PM
lol @ the rockets trying to win without tmac.

lol @ shane battier being one of our primary offensive options.

lol @ ariza trying to handle the rock as if he had tmac's handles.

lol @ people that think the rockets don't need tmac.

khanhdom
11-20-2009, 11:36 PM
lol @ people who think tmac is the answer

swyyyguy
11-20-2009, 11:53 PM
lol @ people who think tmac is the answer
what do the rockets have to lose by giving him a shot?

khanhdom
11-21-2009, 12:04 AM
it's not the rockets not giving him a shot; this time they just want to make sure he's healthy, and not healthy for this one moment and one week later he's in and out of the lineup AGAIN. They set a date for him to check his MRI to insure he's healthy and they're just sticking to it. Plus, rockets have insurance on his salary, so I'm not sure if coming back earlier will effect it or anything.

ThaJokaa
11-21-2009, 07:04 AM
im in for t-mac playing again, i have a feeling he gon do good

mtran
11-21-2009, 07:27 AM
lol @ the rockets trying to win without tmac.

lol @ shane battier being one of our primary offensive options.

lol @ ariza trying to handle the rock as if he had tmac's handles.

lol @ people that think the rockets don't need tmac.

i never thought anyone else notices this but me. but ariza freaking dribbles with his head DOWN!!! i did that in like 4th grade.

Houstone713
11-21-2009, 07:29 AM
well whenever t-mac comes back, let just hope we can start getting some more wins

mtran
11-21-2009, 07:30 AM
it's not the rockets not giving him a shot; this time they just want to make sure he's healthy, and not healthy for this one moment and one week later he's in and out of the lineup AGAIN. They set a date for him to check his MRI to insure he's healthy and they're just sticking to it. Plus, rockets have insurance on his salary, so I'm not sure if coming back earlier will effect it or anything.

basically protect their $23 million asset. but at this point, i think fans have already given up on tmac and some of the organization has also. i never hear bill or clyde mention tmac. if its a close game down the stretch and we lose a close game, they always find a way to say "this is where as a young team, you need a player like yao to throw the ball to" etc. they never seem to mention tmac. funny...

97civicboy
11-21-2009, 08:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmEcD2dHIbk

ThaJokaa
11-21-2009, 08:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmEcD2dHIbk

good shit

i hope he comes back doing more than that

JackHole
11-21-2009, 08:21 AM
I like what someone said in the GARM... Everyone was hating on mac when he didn't show any heart to play the game, Now mac is talking about wanting to play sooo bad and everyone hates on him saying he only cares about himself...

lol its always something new to hate on about him. Im betting IF he comes back strong people will jump on the Mac wagon and If we don't make playoffs guess who we blaming?

97civicboy
11-21-2009, 08:23 AM
good shit

i hope he comes back doing more than that

yea thats true,i hope he come out like dwade or lebron

DC
11-21-2009, 09:16 AM
what do the rockets have to lose by giving him a shot?

I wonder how long he'll stay healthy this time. :hsugh:

mtran
11-21-2009, 02:55 PM
If we don't make playoffs guess who we blaming?

im blaming the other 8 teams that made the playoffs.

Ohdubbz
11-22-2009, 02:45 PM
I like what someone said in the GARM... Everyone was hating on mac when he didn't show any heart to play the game, Now mac is talking about wanting to play sooo bad and everyone hates on him saying he only cares about himself...

lol its always something new to hate on about him. Im betting IF he comes back strong people will jump on the Mac wagon and If we don't make playoffs guess who we blaming?

because we all "know" why he wants to play apparently. He's on a contract year, he needs to prove his value. And the way the team has been playing, the way our chemistry is, we're all a little hesitant to reinsert T-mac's ego back into the mix, especially when we're not certain he'll be back next year even. Honestly, I'd love to see him come back and dominate, show the naysayers, but what are the chances.

99silsvtec
11-22-2009, 02:52 PM
they need to release that homo already....get someone better or at least same skill level imo... i dont even remember the last time i saw him play

ThaJokaa
11-22-2009, 03:08 PM
they need to release that homo already....get someone better or at least same skill level imo... i dont even remember the last time i saw him play

no shit... u dont remember cuz he was injured. how u gon say he has no skill? that shows how much u know.

mtran
11-22-2009, 03:15 PM

so basically, you want to acquire

kobe bryant
dwayne wade
lebron james
joe johnson
vince carter
brandon roy
carmelo anthony
kevin durant
caron butler

-type players out of nowhere? tracy mcgrady talents are once in a generation. its not easy coming up on a player with the talent and skillset of tracy mcgrady.

lspoweredteg
11-22-2009, 04:24 PM
fuck mcgrady...get him outta here

rodneeking
11-22-2009, 06:37 PM
so basically, you want to acquire

kobe bryant
dwayne wade
lebron james
joe johnson
vince carter
brandon roy
carmelo anthony
kevin durant
caron butler

-type players out of nowhere? tracy mcgrady talents are once in a generation. its not easy coming up on a player with the talent and skillset of tracy mcgrady.

On top of that he's worth 22-23+ mil this season. Doubt anyone is going to want to take that this season.

97civicboy
11-22-2009, 10:05 PM
i heard a rumor that the knicks is interested in him

97civicboy
11-22-2009, 10:13 PM
Tracy McGrady did not attend Saturday's game or go through his customary pregame workout because of a sore back.

Rather than have an MRI on Monday for his knee, it appears he's having one Sunday for his back and his knee. He was scheduled to practice Monday and have his situation evaluated then, but it appears that we may be in full blown soap opera mode. The timing of his injury is curious, to say the least.

Scientific
11-22-2009, 10:22 PM
Im just throwing my hands in the air now.

Either a. The Rockets are in "told you so" mode. or b. McGrady is saying to heck with all of yall. Im leaning towards a.

PeteSi
11-22-2009, 10:35 PM
LOL. Please take him Knicks. He's already been under suspicion in the past for faking injuries.

The Knicks have been trying to engage the Rockets in talks regarding Tracy McGrady since the summer.

Multiple sources told Newsday that New York could try to contact Houston again, this time with greater success, in the wake of reported issues between McGrady and the Rockets.

There was a reported confrontation between McGrady and coach Rick Adelman, which both denied, this week regarding the star's return from a knee injury.

Drift Gangsta
11-22-2009, 10:41 PM
gawddammit why couldnt this happen before jamal crawford left

knightjustice
11-22-2009, 10:55 PM
A matter of time

The Rockets would love to trade McGrady, 30, for a player around whom they could build, but those players aren't being shopped.

Regardless of how McGrady leaves, he will leave. He's done here.

The Rockets say McGrady will practice Monday and then have his knee examined. There'll be a discussion of when he might return.

The Rockets think he might be weeks away from returning. McGrady thinks he should be back already.

Whenever he returns is almost beside the point. Now it's just a matter of how quickly the Rockets can rid themselves of him.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/justice/rockets/6732407.html

PeteSi
11-23-2009, 01:14 PM
http://t-mac.com/tmac/blogDetail/2166

Mon, Nov 23rd 2009, 09:12
Update on Return
Hey everyone

I want to keep everyone posted on what’s happening, so here it goes. It’s looking as if I may be back on the court this week. I know there were reports going around that there were issues with me and the coach but there isn’t. Together, we are looking at the best scenario on when my return should be, and we are hopeful it will be this week. The team is playing great together and getting me back out there is a decision my coach, doctors and general manager will help make.

I saw this morning there were reports that I was out of practice yesterday because of a sore back. The truth is that we didn’t even have practice yesterday. Now, I know how rumors get started so I need to put this one to rest. I slipped the other day in Atlanta at the game and landed on my tail bone. If any of you have ever done that, then you know it’s no big deal, but just is sore. We all know how “T-Mac out because of back” can get interpreted the wrong way, so I thought I would explain before that train spun out of control.

All is good here and again, I appreciate your support, love and continued encouragement. Hopefully, you will see me back on the court playing this week.

Mac

Nega-Patio
11-23-2009, 01:16 PM
So Tmac needs back surgery now?! MAnnnnnnnnnnnn

97civicboy
11-23-2009, 03:27 PM
NBA At 2: McGrady And The Knicks?

By: Bill Ingram Last Updated: 11/23/09 1:11 PM ET | 2493 times read

Adjust font size:There are two huge stories coming out of Houston this week and they both involve All-Star guard Tracy McGrady.

Story #1: Tracy McGrady is finally healthy, and he could return to the lineup as soon as Wednesday, when the Rockets host the Dallas Mavericks. As good as the team has been without him, there is significant feeling that they might be an elite team with a healthy and motivated McGrady in the mix.

Story #2: The Rockets have been so good without McGrady that there is a significant sense that the team would be better off trading him. Head coach Rick Adelman has openly questioned whether or not McGrady can fit in with the culture and new style of the play the team has adapted in his protracted absence, and McGrady's return would mean less playing time for Trevor Ariza, Shane Battier, and/or Chase Budinger, all of whom have been factors in the Rockets' early success. As it turns out, there may be a deal on the horizon if Houston chooses to jettison McGrady.

Newsday's Alan Hahn writes today that one of the reasons the New York Knicks weren't willing to take on Iverson is that they're working on a deal to land McGrady:

Multiple sources say the Knicks - who are owned by Cablevision, which also owns Newsday - have tried since the summer to engage the Rockets in trade talks for McGrady but have been unsuccessful. However, an opportunity could present itself after the latest episode - a reported spat with Adelman about McGrady's return schedule - that reportedly even has infuriated Rockets owner Leslie Alexander, who used to be one of McGrady's staunchest supporters.

What would it take? The Rockets would love to get a high-end young player for McGrady and also save some money, which suggests they also would look for an expiring contract or two. It will take more than one to make up McGrady's league-high $23.2-million salary this season.

The Knicks could offer Eddy Curry, who could make up for the loss of Yao and has only one more year left on his contract after this season; add an expiring contract such as Chris Duhon, Al Harrington or Larry Hughes, and toss in someone such as Wilson Chandler as a sweetener.

Don't expect the Rockets to get too excited about Curry or Duhon, but Al Harrington is the type of player who could fit well in Adelman's system, as is the the talented young Chandler. Harrington, in particular, can play multiple positions and score in bunches, two things the Rockets have built their current roster around.

As McGrady's return gets closer, expect more news from the trade front . . .and HOOPSWORLD will be following that situation closely.

PeteSi
11-23-2009, 03:30 PM
there is significant feeling that they might be an elite team with a healthy and motivated McGrady in the mix.

:rofl:

Scientific
11-23-2009, 04:17 PM
For Curry. No wonder Morey hasnt pulled the trigger. No matter what the Knicks give us, it isnt equal value, the players they want to trade will not help us get pass the first round, so why would we want their grabage.

Just hold on to him, let him play whe is 100% ready, and then have his salary off the books.

StRaIgHtUp7
11-23-2009, 04:34 PM
http://www.nba.com/rockets/video/2009/11/23/11232009TracyINTV1mov-1135044/index.html

97civicboy
11-23-2009, 04:44 PM
Mane that boy ready to go play.:rock:

99silsvtec
11-23-2009, 05:31 PM
no shit... u dont remember cuz he was injured. how u gon say he has no skill? that shows how much u know.

i didnt say he doesnt have skill he is good but he doesnt play ever cuz of his fake injuries....and i know alot i bet ill ball you up niga anyday!!

97civicboy
11-23-2009, 05:45 PM
I'll play anybody I think I'm the best on h-I.I got $20 on it

99silsvtec
11-23-2009, 05:52 PM

how tall are you lol im only 5'7 fml

97civicboy
11-23-2009, 06:28 PM
Lol 6'2 u want to hoop for 20

mtran
11-24-2009, 08:54 AM
there isnt anyone in new york i would want. david lee is a poor man scola.

rodneeking
11-24-2009, 08:55 AM
there isnt anyone in new york i would want. david lee is a poor man scola.

my thoughts exactly, anyone else who has people worth it don't want mac.

97civicboy
11-24-2009, 09:43 AM
everybody on new york sucks.just keep t-mac through his contract and trade im for lebron james:rock:

ThaJokaa
11-24-2009, 09:44 AM
keep dreamnig^^^^

mtran
11-24-2009, 11:07 AM
my thoughts exactly, anyone else who has people worth it don't want mac.

although, id trade with new jersey if jayz wanna get in the lebron james sweepstakes.

id take brook lopez, yi, devin harris, terrence williams and courtney lee.

rodneeking
11-24-2009, 12:04 PM
although, id trade with new jersey if jayz wanna get in the lebron james sweepstakes.

id take brook lopez, yi, devin harris, terrence williams and courtney lee.

They'd have Vince's kin if they did it. so Why not? They seem to be going to eachothers old teams anyways.

99silsvtec
11-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Lol 6'2 u want to hoop for 20

can you dunk....cuz if you cant i already know you suck lol jk but on the real can you...

97civicboy
12-01-2009, 09:11 AM
Slow process
A week and four practices after Tracy McGrady returned full-time to Rockets workouts, coach Rick Adelman said there is no timetable for McGrady's return.

McGrady, 30, said last week he expected to make his season debut soon, pointing to four road games this week.

“It's just a process,” Adelman said. “I can't tell you what the timetable is, but he's practicing, he's working. That's what we're going on. We'll figure that (the timetable) out when we get to it. He looks OK. He looks all right. He's just got to keep pushing himself and try to take each step.

“You put him on the floor, you want him healthy.”

LoudDanny
12-01-2009, 10:51 AM
Otis nga here

rodneeking
12-01-2009, 10:57 AM
With the rate they're going with getting him ready, I don't see him coming back until mid Dec. earliest.

LoudDanny
12-01-2009, 12:34 PM
He can't seem to see things straight out

knightjustice
12-01-2009, 12:35 PM
LOL

97civicboy
12-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Injured McGrady on pace to startComment Email Print Share Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Kobe Bryant is the leading vote-getter for the NBA All-Star Game and Tracy McGrady is on track to join him in the Western Conference backcourt despite not playing yet this season.

Bryant had more than 692,000 votes in the first set of returns announced Thursday, about 20,000 more than East leader Dwyane Wade. Also on track to start for the West in the Feb. 14 game are NBA leading scorer Carmelo Anthony and Dirk Nowitzki at forward and Amare Stoudemire at center.

McGrady is nearing a return from microfracture knee surgery.

LeBron James and Kevin Garnett lead at the East forward position. Dwight Howard has a huge advantage over Shaquille O'Neal, and his Orlando Magic teammate Vince Carter is second among guards.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

PeteSi
12-10-2009, 02:18 PM
:rofl: fuckin' China

mtran
12-12-2009, 08:17 AM
make me proud, mcgrady!!! all of china got your back! the peoples republic of china has spoken! they want you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOZA
12-12-2009, 08:03 PM
I voted for T-Mac on the 2010 All Star Ballot :D

ysoslow
12-12-2009, 09:08 PM
me too lol i want him to start before he play for us. LQTM

Tiger Styles
12-12-2009, 09:27 PM
The Rockets could be a badass team if they played T-Mac right.
Put him in until the 4th quarter, when he turns into a really big pussy, then switch him out with a player with heart.
Just playin! T-Mac is fukkin WORTHLESS, PLEASE TRADE T-MAC!!!!
PPPLLLLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE!!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!

TheSnowMan
12-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Put him in until the 4th quarter, when he turns into a really big pussy, then switch him out with a player with heart.

+1

LOZA
12-13-2009, 06:47 AM
What will be funny is if the Rockets end up trading him, and in return receive garbage players that absolutely wont help the team...im sure all these people hoping for him to be gone will be complaining again saying somewhere around the lines "we should of kept him". :facepalm:

DC
12-13-2009, 07:07 AM

:lol:

turbosi
12-13-2009, 07:07 AM
Any of you guys ever thought that the reason they keep delaying his return is probably because they don't want to pay him. Their insurance policy has been covering his $200,000.00 or so per game salary ever since he became injured so it would make since that the Rockets are trying to get the most out of it especially when they are doing fine without him. A vast majority of the people, in or out of Houston, will agree he's not worth anywhere near his salary and while we do need a go to guy he's not the one.

If I were the Rockets, I would of filed an insurance claim as soon as I noticed he went from TMAC to TWACK because he still hasn't cured from that shit!

turbosi
12-13-2009, 07:12 AM
http://dimemag.com/2009/11/the-marriage-between-tracy-mcgrady-and-the-rockets-just-isnt-working/

The article also mentions that T-Mac feels like the Rockets don’t want him back on the court. That claim could have some truth to it. The Rockets are off to a decent start and were able to make it to the Western Conference Finals without McGrady. There is speculation that they don’t want him to mess up their chemistry. Also, there are some financial incentives to benching T-Mac. According to the article:

“Houston can start to collect up to 80 percent of his prorated per-game salary after he’s missed 41 consecutive games. McGrady sat out his 42nd straight game Wednesday in Minnesota, and the league insurance plan would reimburse the Rockets for any additional missed games. For the rest of the season, the insurance policy could cover 80 percent of his per-game salary of $282,946.”

DC
12-13-2009, 07:13 AM
The Knicks have no one as skilled as T-Mac. The whole roster basically sucks.

mtran
12-13-2009, 07:20 AM
Any of you guys ever thought that the reason they keep delaying his return is probably because they don't want to pay him.

exactly.

$23 million x 80% paid by insurance = alot of money back in les' pockets. yall crazy if you think the reason mcgrady isnt playing is because he cant. les is trying to wait til hes 100% healthy, not 95%, not 99.9%, but 100%. so why not get your money back while he heals?

mtran
12-13-2009, 07:21 AM
able to make it to the Western Conference Finals without McGrady

say what?

LOZA
12-13-2009, 07:28 AM
Obviously the Rockets are in it for them to try to recover at least up to 80% from the Insurance Policy. For me as a fan I would just like to see Tracy out there once again for the Rockets. But yet again as a fan you really can't control that, so instead I'll just vote daily on NBA.com to see him play in the All Star game :) .

turbosi
12-13-2009, 08:30 AM
exactly.

$23 million x 80% paid by insurance = alot of money back in les' pockets. yall crazy if you think the reason mcgrady isnt playing is because he cant. les is trying to wait til hes 100% healthy, not 95%, not 99.9%, but 100%. so why not get your money back while he heals?

I'm actually more prone to thinking that they must of made an agreement with him to sit there, keep his mouth shut and get paid because 80% of his salary isn't chump change.

Here's what I'm thinking happened,
Tracy: Hey look guy's I'm begining to think you guy's don't want me back on the team.
Les: Stop being a little bitch. Sit there, keep your mouth shut and get paid!

Yeah that sounds about right.

97civicboy
12-13-2009, 09:24 AM
gone head and bring in lebron,dwade or chris bosh and of course chunk duece to t-wack

turbosi
12-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Never mind I was wrong. They don't want him back because there tired of his lazy ass!

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player/nba/Y_Sports_NBA_Coverage/17102023;_ylt=AkxYDma6gaDy10MuM4japW45nYcB

knightjustice
12-13-2009, 04:12 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player/nba/Y_Sports_NBA_Coverage/17102023;_ylt=AkxYDma6gaDy10MuM4japW45nYcB#nba/Y_Sports_NBA_Coverage/16621341

i like the music in the background when they talk about rick lol

97blacklude
12-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Never mind I was wrong. They don't want him back because there tired of his lazy ass!

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player/nba/Y_Sports_NBA_Coverage/17102023;_ylt=AkxYDma6gaDy10MuM4japW45nYcB

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player/nba/Y_Sports_NBA_Coverage/17102023;_ylt=AkxYDma6gaDy10MuM4japW45nYcB#nba/Y_Sports_NBA_Coverage/16621341

i like the music in the background when they talk about rick lol

Yeah... Yahoo sports is the most credible source... as shown earlier this year :facepalm:

mtran
12-13-2009, 06:47 PM
theyre gonna want him when he starts for the west all stars

97blacklude
12-13-2009, 09:58 PM
theyre gonna want him when he starts for the west all stars

Lol, the NBA wont let it happen. Itll expose what a joke all star voting is, and theyll find a way to get their poster boy pg CP3 in there.

mtran
12-14-2009, 07:31 AM
Lol, the NBA wont let it happen. Itll expose what a joke all star voting is, and theyll find a way to get their poster boy pg CP3 in there.

People fail to realize is that the all star game starters are voted by the fans. It's a game forthe fans

97blacklude
12-14-2009, 10:54 AM
People fail to realize is that the all star game starters are voted by the fans. It's a game forthe fans

Yeah of course, but when guys like tmac and carter are making it over players like roy, durant, cp3, rose, rondo, etc it get annoying.

khanhdom
12-14-2009, 10:56 AM
don't watch the all stars than, it's jut a pointless game anyway

the objective is for the nba to make as much money as they can and that's to cater to the fans

97blacklude
12-14-2009, 05:34 PM
don't watch the all stars than, it's jut a pointless game anyway

the objective is for the nba to make as much money as they can and that's to cater to the fans

Well, the point is, it used to be a respected accomplishment to make an all star team. Now its just a popularity contest, which is fine if thats what the nba wants, but its taken away from the accomplishment of making an all star team

PeteSi
12-14-2009, 05:36 PM
I'm pretty certain that T-Mac's PR guy will tell him to decline his All Star nomination to let a more deserving player play.

TheSnowMan
12-14-2009, 05:43 PM
I'm pretty certain that T-Mac's PR guy will tell him to decline his All Star nomination to let a more deserving player play.

Where has Tmac's PR guy been for the last two years?

PeteSi
12-14-2009, 05:43 PM

:facepalm:

turbosi
12-14-2009, 06:36 PM

He doesn't have one unless his agents taking that role.

Scientific
12-14-2009, 06:41 PM

lol.

TheSnowMan
12-14-2009, 07:06 PM
He doesn't have one unless his agents taking that role.

yeah, that was obvious, and sarcasm :thumb:

mtran
12-15-2009, 05:33 PM
Well, the point is, it used to be a respected accomplishment to make an all star team. Now its just a popularity contest, which is fine if thats what the nba wants, but its taken away from the accomplishment of making an all star team

all nba 1st/2nd/3rd team >>>> all star game starter/reserve.

the all star game is a game for the fans. hence, why theres so much going on with all star friday (rook/soph game, skills challenge, point guard challenge, etc) and all star saturdya (dunk contest, jam session, autograph session, etc.) and the game itself on sunday. fans vote because the league want fans to vote for guys THEY want to watch. dont wanna watch tmac/vince/yao play? dont vote for them. simple as that. i stopped caring about who got voted in the all star moreso than the all nba votes at the end of the year, which are the REAL credentials.

all this "10x all star" crap doesnt mean anything but the fact that theyre flashy and put up stats. "10x all nba first team" means something and thats how you measure a player.

PeteSi
12-15-2009, 05:44 PM
all this "10x all star" crap doesnt mean anything but the fact that theyre flashy and put up stats. "10x all nba first team" means something and thats how you measure a player.

aka, 80% of ClutchFans

mtran
12-15-2009, 05:54 PM
aka, 80% of ClutchFans

some of us on h-i are on c-f.net. water you trying to say peter nugent?

PeteSi
12-15-2009, 05:58 PM
some of us on h-i are on c-f.net. water you trying to say peter nugent?

that just because you don't get any stats doesn't mean you didn't contribute, Micheal Transsexual.

.....and i'm not on cf so i don't care. lol

mtran
12-15-2009, 06:06 PM
tmac to play tonight. ibtripledouble

yourmom25
12-15-2009, 06:24 PM
dirk is a perennial all star and he's about as far from flashy as can be. i'm not saying...i'm just saying.

mtran
12-15-2009, 06:32 PM
dirk is a perennial all star and he's about as far from flashy as can be. i'm not saying...i'm just saying.

i blame europe, mainly germany.

97civicboy
12-15-2009, 07:19 PM
My ***** t-mac is playing.I knew he was going to play

PeteSi
12-15-2009, 07:20 PM
3pts, 2reb, 50% shooting. All is forgiven!!!

mtran
12-15-2009, 07:27 PM
that statline is worth $23 million.

Scientific
12-15-2009, 07:36 PM
that statline is worth $23 million.

You cant put a price on T-Mac's presence on the floor. You aint heard.

mtran
12-15-2009, 07:42 PM
You cant put a price on T-Mac's presence on the floor. You aint heard.

i just did. $23 million.

kamakaze_22
12-16-2009, 07:38 AM

When and where?

Nega-Patio
12-16-2009, 07:42 AM
3pts, 2reb, 50% shooting. All is forgiven!!!

triple double right there!

97civicboy
12-16-2009, 07:54 AM
When and where?

What side of town u in

kamakaze_22
12-17-2009, 03:53 PM
What side of town u in

Off Allen Parkway

Stiggz
12-17-2009, 03:56 PM
Brian cook played 32 seconds last nite and scored more points than tracy did in his 7 minutes and 35 seconds of action

DC
12-17-2009, 04:08 PM

hehe

mtran
12-18-2009, 08:26 AM
Brian cook played 32 seconds last nite and scored more points than tracy did in his 7 minutes and 35 seconds of action

dont underestimate the heart of a champion (brian cook). wait, i dont even know if cook ever won a chip with the lakers.

PeteSi
12-18-2009, 09:21 AM

He almost makes as much per year as T-Mac. :hsugh:

Nega-Patio
12-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Cook sucks all the time though, did yall not see him last year in the playoffs? I dunno why they kept his garbage ass

mtran
12-18-2009, 03:57 PM
Cook sucks all the time though, did yall not see him last year in the playoffs? I dunno why they kept his garbage ass

he had a players option and exercised it. its not like were keeping him because we WANT him. were keeping him because were paying him.

97civicboy
12-22-2009, 10:19 PM
t-mac looked good=-)

swyyyguy
12-22-2009, 10:40 PM
the GOD is back. the thread starter lost.

Ohdubbz
12-22-2009, 10:48 PM
the GOD is back. the thread starter lost.

Hahah a little bit of an overstatement.

mtran
12-23-2009, 07:46 AM
i would love to see tmac retire a rocket.

rodneeking
12-23-2009, 08:05 AM
I can't wait until his minutes go up to see what he's more capable of. Looks like he still has his touch.

97civicboy
12-23-2009, 08:49 AM
yea t-mac looked good on the offensive side but defense he okay.yea i hope they keep t-mac.T-mac said he love houston and the city of houston.so gon head and extend his contract.yao i hope he recover well for next year

rodneeking
12-23-2009, 11:55 AM
as long as he isn't suspect playing D and actually shows up every night then i'm all for him coming back. Shoot he said he'd take a pay cut too so why not?

krouchchocolate
12-23-2009, 12:28 PM
I would also love to see tmac retire as a rocket. I have always liked him on our team.

I wonder how much of a "pay cut" is he willing to take...

PlatES300
12-23-2009, 12:51 PM
I would also love to see tmac retire as a rocket. I have always liked him on our team.

I wonder how much of a "pay cut" is he willing to take...

He's going to have to take a significant pay cut if he wants to stay. I'm indifferent towards tmac but I'm not willing to trade him for other teams' garbage. the skill set he brings to the court is almost unmatched.

aznguy83
12-23-2009, 01:11 PM
http://www.nba.com/rockets/video/2009/12/23/12222009lockerRoommov-1161932/index.html

PeteSi
12-23-2009, 01:41 PM
http://www.nba.com/rockets/video/2009/12/23/12222009lockerRoommov-1161932/index.html

how do you feel about the all star voting?
well 90% is all my chinese fans.

:rofl:

97civicboy
12-23-2009, 03:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87XDAM-lK-Q

TheSnowMan
12-23-2009, 04:16 PM
T-Mac definitely isn't back yet. Since he only plays 7min a game he isn't tired on the 2 day of a back to back. Let me see him run and gun with the rest of the team and then we will talk about him being back.

I'm not a fan of Tmac since the way he always treats the Rockets but as long as he takes a big paycut, doesn't pull any of his flip-flop attitudes, and isn't a starter I would welcome him back on the team next year.

PeteSi
12-24-2009, 12:00 PM
I guess T-Mac doesn't like being a role player. Wish he'd just shut up and do what RA tells his to do.

Rockets star Tracy McGrady believes it's time for him to take on a heavier workload.

"I just try to play my role, my little cameos I make," McGrady said. "Obviously they are looking out for my best interests, trying to monitor my minutes. At the same time, I feel it's time to really increase them. I think that's what's going to happen in the next few games.

"I lace them up and at that seven-minute mark, I go in the game, I do what I got to do, and then, the second quarter I sit down and become a cheerleader. That was the plan. I agreed to that. It's cool. After so many games, I've shown I'm able to increase the minutes.

"I feel right now, it's time to really increase the minutes. I think that's what's going to happen over the next couple games. I do know my body. I feel fine. It's time to start increasing. I was cool with the plan they had me on, but I think it's time to start increasing."

In the six games since he returned from knee surgery, McGrady hasn't played more than eight minutes.

He's averaging 3.2 points on 36.8% shooting.

DC
12-24-2009, 12:15 PM
I guess T-Mac doesn't like being a role player. Wish he'd just shut up and do what RA tells his to do.

Funny how he didn't want to play when everyone else wanted him to last season, and we all thought he was just being a weak little bitch. Now RA thinks he's a weak little bitch, but he wants to play.

Scientific
12-24-2009, 12:18 PM
How ironic.

aznguy83
12-24-2009, 09:14 PM
lol he is tired of watching ariza miss his shots

mtran
12-26-2009, 07:19 AM
lol he is tired of watching ariza miss his shots

elbows and punches included.

knightjustice
12-28-2009, 01:25 PM
• The denouement between Tracy McGrady and the Rockets is coming, sooner than expected. After McGrady was sent home by the team this weekend, general manager Daryl Morey said via text Sunday that the "next step will be figured out Tuesday," when the team and McGrady's representatives will meet in Houston. Morey said a buyout of McGrady's $22.4 million contract is not a possibility.
da_tmac.jpg
Decision-day is looming for T-Mac and the Rockets.
Bill Baptist/NBAE via Getty Images

McGrady wants to play more than the seven minutes a night he's getting from Rick Adelman following his quicker than expected return from microfracture surgery last February. Adelman doesn't want to mess up his rotation by dramatically increasing McGrady's workload. McGrady told reporters in Houston that neither he nor his representatives have asked for a trade. The Rockets gave McGrady the weekend off from their games with the Nets and Cavaliers before planning the next step. A source that is involved in the discussions said Sunday that Adelman and Morey will meet Monday in advance of the Tuesday discussion.

It doesn't seem that there can be anything but one of three outcomes: McGrady is reinstated to regular minutes, he's traded or he's released. It doesn't seem likely that Adelman is inclined to restoring McGrady to his former 30-35 minute status. Knowing that the Rockets don't have much leverage, it wouldn't seem that teams would be inclined to work out a trade with Houston. That seems to leave door number three: Waiving him. Cutting McGrady wouldn't cost the Rockets anything but whatever pieces they would receive from a team in a deal for him. And he's coming off their cap next summer, anyway ...

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/david_aldridge/12/28/morning.tip/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

97civicboy
12-28-2009, 01:52 PM
bye bye mcgrady ill miss u

biglos
12-28-2009, 01:58 PM
bout damn time....

97civicboy
12-28-2009, 02:09 PM
come on lebron or d-wade we need you

knightjustice
12-28-2009, 02:11 PM
not a chance. sadly.

if cavs can win a championship this yr, im sure lebron will stay, wade might go but cavs probably they dont have the funds for wade. wade might go somewhere else where there is enough cap space for him and a decent team...... *cough coughhoucough cough*

knightjustice
12-28-2009, 02:51 PM
McGrady finished in Houston

Just before Christmas, one front office executive told his video coordinator to cobble together the footage of Tracy McGrady’s(notes) comeback. The executive had watched most of those unmemorable 47 minutes, but wanted to make sure that he hadn’t missed something. The evidence was incomplete, but the conclusion unmistakable: T-Mac is no longer an impact player, just an expiring contract.

“That said, how am I supposed to tell anything off the minutes they were giving him?” the executive said.
The Rockets told Tracy McGrady they have no plans to increase his minutes anytime soon.
(NBAE/ Getty Images)

So Rockets coach Rick Adelman told basketball’s highest-paid player this season – $23 million – there were no plans to increase his role beyond the eight minutes per night, that they had witnessed nothing that warranted his insertion into the regular rotation. Once T-Mac opened his mouth and wanted his minutes elevated, he did his general manager and coach a favor: They had an excuse to tell him he was deactivated for the weekend games with New Jersey and Cleveland, that this awkward arrangement was unworkable.

This farce needs to end.

When McGrady, his agent Bob Myers and the Rockets management are done talking over the next 48 hours, two sources told Yahoo! Sports they believe the likely resolution will be McGrady leaving the Rockets and returning to Chicago to work with renowned trainer Tim Grover at Attack Athletics gymnasium.

For T-Mac and the Rockets, this is a deteriorating partnership that’s becoming increasingly combustible. His comeback has been a futile, pointless exercise this season. “I don’t understand their plan,” one NBA coach said Sunday. “Why bring him back at all to play eight minutes? They should send him away because it’s obvious Rick doesn’t want him around.”

There are no imminent trades, but rival teams say the Rockets are willing to take back long-term money for the right trade with McGrady. Sources say they’ve shown an interest in Sacramento Kings shooting guard Kevin Martin(notes), but the Kings want to see him play with rookie Tyreke Evans(notes) once Martin returns from a broken wrist in January. The Kings would likely want the Rockets to take Beno Udrith and Andres Nocioni(notes) with Kenny Thomas’(notes) expiring deal, but none of that is happening.

There are no legitimate discussions, just the dead-ends the Rockets are finding for McGrady. In the near future, there just isn’t a trade for McGrady. It won’t be closer to the trade deadline in mid-February, when teams start to give up on the playoffs and are more apt to give up a good player in a cost-cutting move for T-Mac’s expiring deal.

Without McGrady and Yao Ming(notes), the Rockets have been celebrated for staying in the Western Conference playoff chase. General manager Daryl Morey and Adelman are chasing executive and coach of the year awards, improbably winning 18 of 31 games to start the season. They’re winning with defense and rebounding, with balanced ball movement on offense. Yes, it’s delicate, and Adelman sees T-Mac as the bull in his china shop.

“I’ve got to be careful because our team is on kind of a bubble,” Adelman said. “If we start changing the rotation, we start changing the way we play, it changes the whole chemistry of the team.”

McGrady, 30, is a two-time scoring champ, a seven–time All-Star, and he’s assuredly on a dramatic decline. Like most great players, he’s the last to see it. He still believes he can work his way back into a good, useful player for the Rockets this season. It won’t happen. To think that they’ll come out of this meeting with Adelman agreeing to give McGrady minutes is pure foolery.

The possibility of a contract buyout isn’t expected to be addressed now with McGrady’s agent, because there’s just no motivation for Houston to give him one until the trade deadline passes in February. Unless, of course, T-Mac is willing to give back several million dollars to become a free agent now. Here’s the one issue with him working with Grover in Chicago until a trade happens: This is a difficult time of the year for the trainer to simulate true NBA competition. Over the summer, T-Mac could run with Dwyane Wade(notes), Jermaine O’Neal(notes), Gilbert Arenas(notes) – lots of top pros – but that isn’t the case in the dead of winter.

Nevertheless, there are no ideal circumstances in this saga, just everyone trying to make the best of a mess. Everyone just needs to stop fooling themselves, and split once and for all. All along, this was a farce. T-Mac couldn’t prove his worth with eight minutes a game and Adelman knew that. Spare everyone the make-believe, let T-Mac leave and check when a trade, or a buyout, frees him once and for all. Yes, this farce needs to end.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AlG7PISTdOgonBjmzcMRUWK8vLYF?slug=aw-mcgradyrockets122809&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Nega-Patio
12-28-2009, 02:58 PM
Cant say I'm glad to see him go, but I'm satisfied with how the Rockets are performing this season.

However, if we're playing so great with the team the way it is in an up-tempo style, what's going to happen when Yao comes back?

knightjustice
12-28-2009, 02:59 PM
he'll be able to rebound the ball more for us and win the tip offs lol

biglos
12-28-2009, 03:01 PM
i think they should get rid of yao too. been saying it for the past 2 years.

knightjustice
12-28-2009, 03:04 PM
nah.. yao too important as far as marketing to the rockets. look where TMac is at in the allstar voting and A.Brooks all from China. Rockets have become their american team.

Nega-Patio
12-28-2009, 03:08 PM
yeah, but in between that we sit him on the bench while everyone else runs around?

I know the fast breaks and everything are getting us wins but we need a half court game in order to contend for a championship. Hopefully it doesn't turn into the Pheonix + Shaq disaster.

knightjustice
12-28-2009, 03:10 PM
hopefully he'll be good for the summer training camp. get to speed with what we have now. we really need another center, taller center. chuck is good but he lacks height and reach. pheonix pretty much perfected the fast breaks and shaq was sloppy all around by the time he arrived.

Nega-Patio
12-28-2009, 03:14 PM
hopefully he'll be good for the summer training camp. get to speed with what we have now. we really need another center, taller center. chuck is good but he lacks height and reach. pheonix pretty much perfected the fast breaks and shaq was sloppy all around by the time he arrived.

I just don't see Yao keeping up for extended minutes, he would look winded before. Always bringing up the rear or cherry picking in the back court when he was tired.

He's too good a scorer to put on the bench, but the team has awesome chemistry/results when they run and pass it around. Catch 22?

Scientific
12-28-2009, 04:49 PM
I kind of hate seeing what they're doing with him, but I said it back in January, Les had his back the entire time, and he blew it with him. Rick would have balance the team with what T-Mac wanted because Les wanted to see him play and had a good reltionship with Tracy, but afer last season, and with his "anouncements" this season, he got fed up.

I wanted to see him at least play 20 minutes a game, but McGrady just hated riding the pine. But he made this bed, and he has to sleep in it now.

Drift Gangsta
12-28-2009, 05:01 PM
the rockets organization handled this whole situation very poorly.

the plan for mcgrady was that he would play 6 games at 7-8 mpg with his minutes to slightly go up as the seaon went on and he obliged by that. only to play the 6 games at 7-8 mpg and STILL not have his minutes bumped up slightly even after chase budinger goes down with an injury and ariza playing almost 40 mpg shooting poorly.

up to this point tracy has done everything he is supposed to do by going by the plan alderman set, saying he loves the city of houston, saying he wants to win, and saying that he would even take a PAY CUT to stay in houston. but then mcgrady doesn't get his minutes bumped up according to the plan set by the organization so he speaks out on it.

they should have told him up front he was either going to play to show what he still has or they were going to showcase him for trade or whatever instead lead him on like he was still a part of this team.

knightjustice
12-28-2009, 07:12 PM
lets change this title to bye bye tmac

mtran
12-29-2009, 12:25 PM
lets change this thread title to welcome christ paul.

97civicboy
12-29-2009, 02:42 PM
lol so u think we getting chris paul.so what we going to do with aaron brooks.damn i wish we would have kept rudy gay

socold57
12-29-2009, 02:44 PM
are we really getting cp3?

97civicboy
12-29-2009, 02:46 PM
i hope not we need a shooting guard

bum_bloodclot_u
12-29-2009, 02:46 PM
7 piece chicken wing with rice yao ming should be next to go...

bring in cb4...i.e. chris bosh and eventually run off chicken yao ming

97civicboy
12-29-2009, 02:51 PM
yea chunk the duece to yao and bring in amare stoudamire.and bring in rudy gay

swyyyguy
12-29-2009, 02:54 PM
if they get rid of tmac this year, i hope they get rid of yao next year.

knightjustice
12-29-2009, 02:56 PM
man so much yao bashin lol. so this what tmac fans resort to? lmao

only reason why rockets are going to keep yao is for marketing at the moment.

Drift Gangsta
12-29-2009, 02:56 PM
hell naw to amare stoudamire

socold57
12-29-2009, 02:57 PM
yeah yao is soft like mac , but yao brings houston money

bum_bloodclot_u
12-29-2009, 02:58 PM
man so much yao bashin lol. so this what tmac fans resort to? lmao

only reason why rockets are going to keep yao is for marketing at the moment.

yao ming and scola are basically the same player...when yao comes back I bet louis scola will still be better than him...

all they both do is shoot the elbow jump shot...although louis scola is actually a better post player than yao

PeteSi
12-29-2009, 02:59 PM
CP3? Bosh? Wade? Amare? I heard T-Mac and Cook for Kobe and LeBron. ...but Morey turned it down.

97civicboy
12-29-2009, 03:00 PM
amare stoudamire go hard in the paint.

PeteSi
yao ming and scola are basically the same player...when yao comes back I bet louis scola will still be better than him...

all they both do is shoot the elbow jump shot...although louis scola is actually a better post player than yao

you fuckin' serious?

knightjustice
LOL.... these people :facepalm:

Drift Gangsta
you fuckin' serious?

same thing i said

97civicboy
12-29-2009, 03:01 PM
CP3? Bosh? Wade? Amare? I heard T-Mac and Cook for Kobe and LeBron. ...but Morey turned it down.
man where did u here that from

knightjustice
12-29-2009, 03:01 PM
in his head :stare: i hope you arint taking him seriously on that comment lol'

sarcasm button is broken, who dun it

Drift Gangsta
12-29-2009, 03:06 PM
t-mac+brian cook for kobe+gasol

bum_bloodclot_u
12-29-2009, 03:07 PM

you fuckin' serious?
they have the same offensive game, neither are a force in the middle to block shots....

actually scola gives you more because he's a better post player and he's able to keep up with the run and gun offense better than yao.

when yao comes back he wont be able to play long minutes on his broken leg and he will have lost a step on the defensive end naturally after his rehab.:weirdo:

97civicboy
12-29-2009, 03:08 PM
t-wack+cook for vince+Howard

PeteSi
12-29-2009, 03:16 PM

they have the same offensive game, neither are a force in the middle to block shots....

actually scola gives you more because he's a better post player and he's able to keep up with the run and gun offense better than yao.

when yao comes back he wont be able to play long minutes on his broken leg and he will have lost a step on the defensive end naturally after his rehab.:weirdo:

wrd. yao never blocks shots. never changes shots. never demands constant double teams. never has had putbacks or a deadly hook shot. never shoots free throws for us. never scores 30 points. never has been 7ft tall.

TheSnowMan
12-29-2009, 03:22 PM
wrd. yao never blocks shots. never changes shots. never demands constant double teams. never has had putbacks or a deadly hook shot. never shoots free throws for us. never scores 30 points. never has been 7ft tall.

Lets see what he can do when he comes back.. Tmac was the complete package then too, and now look at him..

bum_bloodclot_u
12-29-2009, 03:24 PM

clearly the rockets have taken a "what have you done for me lately attitude".

that's the attitude of the organization.

here are yao's games played for the past seasons:
let's see game played: 05/06 season - 57 games, 06/07 season - 48 games, 07/08 season - 55 games, 08/09 season - 77 games..09/10 season - 0 games...

yao recently bought his old chinese team so I guess he's planning for retirement.. idk?

knightjustice
12-29-2009, 03:26 PM
shit id be doing the same with that what have you done for me lately for 23 million

bum_bloodclot_u
12-29-2009, 03:35 PM
shit id be doing the same with that what have you done for me lately for 23 million

the organization doesn't remember the 22 game win streak with tmac in the line-up...yao out of the line up? Hmm, why was he out of the line-up then...? bad foot. Why is yao out of the line up now? bad foot.

Next season the rockets should tell yao "don't let the door hit your foot on the way out"

PeteSi
12-29-2009, 03:40 PM
Yao isn't going anywhere. He's a marketing cashcow. Plus, no one has ever questioned if he's got heart or not.

bum_bloodclot_u
12-29-2009, 03:49 PM
Yao isn't going anywhere. He's a marketing cashcow. Plus, no one has ever questioned if he's got heart or not.

I personally question if yao has heart. I was at the lakers playoff game where yao's leg got broken.

He should have played and finished that game. His cry-baby injury actually gave the lakers motivation. I didn't even see where he got hurt.

quangyyyyyyy
12-29-2009, 03:51 PM
I personally question if yao has heart. I was at the lakers playoff game where yao's leg got broken.

He should have played and finished that game. His cry-baby injury actually gave the lakers motivation. I didn't even see where he got hurt.

Drift Gangsta
12-29-2009, 03:58 PM

He should have played and finished that game. His cry-baby injury actually gave the lakers motivation. I didn't even see where he got hurt.yeah you might want to shut up now

bum_bloodclot_u
12-29-2009, 03:58 PM

we'll see if the general manager and coach buy that argument next season if yao returns and he's still walking with a limp

knightjustice
12-29-2009, 04:02 PM
just keep diggin yourself your tomb lol. you've pretty much lost all credibility in your post now.

PeteSi
12-29-2009, 04:04 PM

we'll see if the general manager and coach buy that argument next season if yao returns and he's still walking with a limp

you responded to me twice? lol

socold57
12-29-2009, 05:28 PM
yao had heart and got htown passed the first round. mac never did that his whole career

Drift Gangsta
12-29-2009, 05:34 PM
but t-mac (and yao) never had much talent around them tho.

no surprise yao with the group we have now made it out the first round because they actually had a solid group of role players.

does help either with cheating refs in 2005

socold57
12-29-2009, 06:06 PM
mac and yao are/were considered superstars they should get out the first round all the time.

Drift Gangsta
12-29-2009, 06:14 PM
but 2 players cant score 50 points each night to give you 100 ppg to win.

you need a team and outside of t-mac/yao nobody on that roster played well consistently.

game 7 loss in the 2006-07 season to the jazz t-mac and yao had 29 points each.

mcgrady went 12-25 (.480%) for 29 points, 5 rebounds, 13 assist, 3 blocks

both t-mac and yao did what they could but when you have rafer Alston going 3-11 and the our bench getting outscored 17-10 by utah's bench there's not much you can do.

mtran
12-29-2009, 09:54 PM
lol so u think we getting chris paul.so what we going to do with aaron brooks.damn i wish we would have kept rudy gay

are we really getting cp3?

well shortly after they re-signed cp3, they dumped chandler for salary cap reasons. the nawlins are hurting financially and i WOULD NOT be surprised if they had to move some of their important pieces due to financial reasons. and i can only imagine chris paul can only take so much losing while watching guys like deron do better with almost the same amount of talent.

no real credible source to my cp3-to-houston rant. just some speculation.

mtran
12-29-2009, 09:57 PM
if they get rid of tmac this year, i hope they get rid of yao next year.

i saw your trevor thread on cf calling out DD. that dude is the biggest tmac hater ive seen. amazing.

Drift Gangsta
12-29-2009, 10:01 PM
that dude is the biggest tmac hater ive seen. amazing.haha yes

mtran
12-29-2009, 10:22 PM
haha yes

im just saying. i troll that forum as much as i do h-i, and i have never EVER seen a single poster that harbored as much hatred for a CURRENT rocket than i did with dd-tmac. although, there were many rafer haters that died down last year. but the tmac hate is at an all time high on cf

socold57
12-29-2009, 10:24 PM
link lol

mtran
12-29-2009, 10:29 PM
i cant find the swyyyguy thread on cf i think it might have gotten deleted.

tenguin
12-29-2009, 11:55 PM
i dont know if i want cp3 with the squad we have now. who is he going to set up? he would be good for next year, but we have a hell of a fun team to watch this year.

HieuOn2Wheels
12-30-2009, 01:38 AM
PwCWuzEhiZs
From clutchfans.net LMAO!

quangyyyyyyy
12-30-2009, 01:47 AM
lol @ new teeth for landry haha

Ohdubbz
12-30-2009, 01:51 AM
Holy shit, Hitler vid was WIN! New Teeth/Tricycle trade hahaha

bum_bloodclot_u
12-30-2009, 02:42 AM
luther head played 30 minutes tonite for the indiana pacers and dropped 10 points...

i never saw the day where luther head would be a better asset on a team than tmac...

Ohdubbz
12-30-2009, 02:46 AM
luther head played 30 minutes tonite for the indiana pacers and dropped 10 points...

i never saw the day where luther head would be a better asset on a team than tmac...

don't kid yourself, T-mac is still probably twice the player Head will ever be, but Head probably has twice the heart.

bum_bloodclot_u
12-30-2009, 02:50 AM
don't kid yourself, T-mac is still probably twice the player Head will ever be, but Head probably has twice the heart.

i just find it interesting how that turned out.

when the rockets got steve francis, head was "supposed" to be the odd man out, but now that tmac's the odd man out...head is in better situation.

mtran
12-30-2009, 09:52 AM
i dont know if i want cp3 with the squad we have now. who is he going to set up? he would be good for next year, but we have a hell of a fun team to watch this year.

who is he going to set up? uhh, just off the top of my head: battier, ariza, landry, scola, hayes, budinger, taylor. basically, cp3 can create for anyone not named broowry (brooks+lowry). but i think adding a cp3 will mean we have to park ways with either one of our pg, and i like kyle lowry > brooks.

mtran
12-30-2009, 09:54 AM
i just find it interesting how that turned out.

when the rockets got steve francis, head was "supposed" to be the odd man out, but now that tmac's the odd man out...head is in better situation.

head also plays within the concept of indys system. tmac wants to be tmac. he wants to play 30+ minutes and make decisions. he wants iso and screen plays to create for others. the offense is heavily revamped since yao went down. its more cuts and movements and not so much dribbling (sans brooks who is still learning). basically with tmac on the court, you have 4 guys trying to play team ball and you have one guy that wants the ball, top of the key, iso and screen.

AccordSE
12-30-2009, 02:08 PM

he plays 30 min takes 10 shots and can only get 10 pts out of it and they still lose

tmac plays only 7 minutes takes only 5 shots and gets 10 pts out of it

luther head is garbage and will never compare to anything close to tmac so get out of here with that bs

tenguin
12-30-2009, 03:40 PM
who is he going to set up? uhh, just off the top of my head: battier, ariza, landry, scola, hayes, budinger, taylor. basically, cp3 can create for anyone not named broowry (brooks+lowry). but i think adding a cp3 will mean we have to park ways with either one of our pg, and i like kyle lowry > brooks.

set up ariza to clang a 3? battier has his nights but he isnt an offensive threat. iono...lolz you sure are on this cp3 thing. he would be good next year for us.

97civicboy
12-30-2009, 04:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQSN1pCNsJk

mtran
12-30-2009, 04:57 PM
set up ariza to clang a 3? battier has his nights but he isnt an offensive threat. iono...lolz you sure are on this cp3 thing. he would be good next year for us.

DM and les are assembling teams that are syngergetic, guys who play better together than they would individually. im sure if ariza isnt forced to catch the ball on the perimeter, pump fake and try to create off the dribble, hed do fine.

remember, arizas best shooting percentage year was with kobe, gasol and odom, guys who all create for him. arizas poor play is attributed to forcing him to be a creator on offense.

the "cp3 to houston" is just some random trade i thought of because of new orleans horrible financial state, chris paul constantly putting up numbers on a horrid team and my trust in DM that he would pull off a miracle with an expiring $23 million contract.

Ohdubbz
12-30-2009, 04:57 PM

NO isn't going to shop CP3, i figure they'd let West go before they let anyone set their eyes on their prodigal pick.