PDA

View Full Version : college student diet to get lean and mean

topherr
11-19-2009, 02:32 AM
... living away at college can kill me when it comes to eating quick, with all these dollar menus at every corner.

help me HI, help me find a diet that can work for a college student to help me drop the fat and get lean, lean mean and into a sexy machine:rock:

usually workout 2-3 a week and going to start doing HIIT 2-3 or whenever i have free time, if cant do the HIIT, will just put in a mile or so.

:eek3dance:eek3dance:eek3dance

DUBGURL19
11-19-2009, 06:26 AM
Excuses.. I swear if you are willing it will happen.

People always say eating clean is expensive and I can just go to the dollar menu...

For real?l Get a geroge foreman buy you some frozen chicken breast and there you go....

carry around rice cakes *(flavored if you must)

It is not being lazy..

Salads are on the dollar menu too if I am right. Subways are 5 bucks.

ChuyiN
11-19-2009, 07:27 AM

People always say eating clean is expensive and I can just go to the dollar menu...

For real?l Get a geroge foreman buy you some frozen chicken breast and there you go....

It is not being lazy..

:thumb: well said.

DC
11-19-2009, 07:28 AM

It is not being lazy..

Good points. Personally, I was too broke to hit up fast food joints all the time in college, so I bought ramen noodles and other cheap light groceries. That in itself was a diet. :)

DUBGURL19
11-19-2009, 07:44 AM
plenty of carbs that is for sure...lol

Bread is cheap too, make you a chicken breast sandwich..

lovebomber
11-19-2009, 08:01 AM
Okay im a little confused whether or not this is a time issue or a money issue?..... From what i understand its a time issue but ill just assume both.

I feed myself from 7-4 which in that time period is 4 meals for about 40 bucks a week... So basically i get 20 good lean meals for $40...

Protien shakes/ Bars are your best bet if your always on the run.... Rice cakes are good for carbs, personally ive never considered them.... V-8 juices are decent for veggies but nithing beats the real deal... Almost all fruits are for on the go and usually come 4 for a dollar or whatever. The tuna in a bags are great for on the go too.

All in all if you really want to get lean and mean like you say its gonna take dedication... and meal wise PREPERATION. There are plenty of quick meals that are easy but just need to make the night before and packed for the mext day... Like dub said chicken breast are quick and easy to make, make 4-5 one night and that could last you a day or 2 depending on what your meals consist of.

Good luck man.... any specific questions ask away

jnguyen26
11-19-2009, 08:21 AM
grill enough chicken for a weeks worth of meals at a time and put it in the fridge.

Jeebus
11-19-2009, 09:27 AM

Man the GF grill has been a GREAT investment for me, mine gets used daily sometimes twice a day. Steak, chicken, and fish can all be cooked in under 10 mins or so. Thats about as long as the drive to local dollar menu might take.
I would not suggest you grilling a weeks worth and then storing it because the chicken on the GF grill comes out VERY dry imo. Unless you are just strapped for time that bad, I would cook it daily. I have school, a job, and the gym with a gf on the side lol and still got time to wake up an hour early each morning to get my food ready.

ChuyiN
11-19-2009, 09:34 AM
grill enough chicken for a weeks worth of meals at a time and put it in the fridge.

thats what i do man and im not a college student lol !!!!

DUBGURL19
11-19-2009, 09:35 AM
Yep. We all have really really busy schedules but we make the time and it is important and requires dedication.

Just make it a priority and you will make it happen.

topherr
11-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Okay im a little confused whether or not this is a time issue or a money issue?..... From what i understand its a time issue but ill just assume both.

I feed myself from 7-4 which in that time period is 4 meals for about 40 bucks a week... So basically i get 20 good lean meals for $40...

Protien shakes/ Bars are your best bet if your always on the run.... Rice cakes are good for carbs, personally ive never considered them.... V-8 juices are decent for veggies but nithing beats the real deal... Almost all fruits are for on the go and usually come 4 for a dollar or whatever. The tuna in a bags are great for on the go too.

All in all if you really want to get lean and mean like you say its gonna take dedication... and meal wise PREPERATION. There are plenty of quick meals that are easy but just need to make the night before and packed for the mext day... Like dub said chicken breast are quick and easy to make, make 4-5 one night and that could last you a day or 2 depending on what your meals consist of.

Good luck man.... any specific questions ask away

ya its a time issue. all great responses, and things ive been doin, besides the GF grill, which i NEED to jump on lol

just posted to see if there were any other ways or seein what everyone else was doing, doesnt bother to see what fellow HIs are doin

THANKS. :rock::rock::rock::rock::thumb::thumb::bowdown::bo wdown:

needaimport
11-19-2009, 04:19 PM
ya its a time issue. all great responses, and things ive been doin, besides the GF grill, which i NEED to jump on lol

just posted to see if there were any other ways or seein what everyone else was doing, doesnt bother to see what fellow HIs are doin

THANKS. :rock::rock::rock::rock::thumb::thumb::bowdown::bo wdown:

Walamrt has bags of frozen chicken breast for $7ish dollars.

GF grill them, + carbs (rice, bread) + greens (salads, etc)

topherr
11-19-2009, 04:45 PM
isn't it bad to eat carbs?

SCHOOL ME

goztepe2002
11-19-2009, 06:28 PM

It is not being lazy..

Exactly what i did, 20 bucks George Forman grill and Delicious grilled chicken breasts here i come! Eating clean is not expensive IMO it's just a hassle. Most people won't take the time to fix themselves some good food, its alot easier to drive to a Fast food restaurant.

If you want to grill in bulk and save some for later make sure you marinate it with some corn or olive oil the night before you grill it so it doesn't go dry in the fridge.

Mazda6
11-19-2009, 09:39 PM
jack in the box- Grill chicken 4 piece, 6g of fat, 40g protein
wendy's- grill chicken sandwich 10g fat 30g protein
Subway- less than 10g per foot long, 30g protein
Boston Market- Reg Turkey with 2 sides (green beans and chicken noodle soup)- 10g fat, 50g protein

But i do agree to get a grill and buy chicken for the week and grill

rodneeking
11-19-2009, 10:10 PM
isn't it bad to eat carbs?

SCHOOL ME

Carbs are good energy source but if you're trying to lean out I'd cut back on the carbs some and focus more on protein and low fat foods. Best thing to do is keep the carbs to early meals or before workouts. It all just really depends on your ultimate goals though.

TheSnowMan
11-20-2009, 05:00 AM
Carbs are good energy source but if you're trying to lean out I'd cut back on the carbs some and focus more on protein and low fat foods. Best thing to do is keep the carbs to early meals or post workouts. It all just really depends on your ultimate goals though.

fixed.

DUBGURL19
11-20-2009, 06:22 AM
Carbs are a very important part of your diet, they give you energy, keep your brain functioning and feed your muscle... That is why these guys say pre and post workout that is when you neeeeeeeed the carbs.

I would not recommend doing no carbs unless you have a real reason to - it is not your quick loss weight plan.

ryk
11-20-2009, 06:59 AM
Buy a foreman grill and then go to sams for a big ass bag of frozen, skinless chinen breasts.

Jeebus
11-20-2009, 07:55 AM
I need to hit up sams. I been spending 50 bucks or so a week on food, maybe sams can help me cut back by buying in bulk.

ryk
11-20-2009, 08:37 AM
It helped me. I buy alot in bulk, but it lasts forever.
2 big packs of extra lean burger meat
3 big bags of boneless, skinless chicken bewns
5 10 packs of tuna
1 big box of oatmeal

It may cost alot at that visit, but it lasts me at least a couple of months.

jnguyen26
11-20-2009, 08:52 AM
It helped me. I buy alot in bulk, but it lasts forever.
2 big packs of extra lean burger meat
3 big bags of boneless, skinless chicken bewns
5 10 packs of tuna
1 big box of oatmeal

It may cost alot at that visit, but it lasts me at least a couple of months.

damn! can i come over for a meal?

DUBGURL19
11-20-2009, 09:22 AM
Everytime I see any lean protein on sale I send out the mass text so that my buddies can buy!

We are thrifty meatheads....

Jeebus
11-20-2009, 09:23 AM
I always look at the ads for HEB and kroger see who has the better deal that week on steak or chicken,w hoever does I shop there for that week lol

ryk
11-20-2009, 10:00 AM
damn! can i come over for a meal?

Sure... in exchange for nutrition info.
The oatmeal and tuna come to work with me, the rest goes home and gets jacked by my wife.

Everytime I see any lean protein on sale I send out the mass text so that my buddies can buy!

We are thrifty meatheads....
LOL
I'll be sure to PM you my number to add me to that list.

DUBGURL19
11-20-2009, 12:22 PM
Sure... in exchange for nutrition info.
The oatmeal and tuna come to work with me, the rest goes home and gets jacked by my wife.

LOL
I'll be sure to PM you my number to add me to that list.

For sure! We gotta stick together :)

I have the girlfriend doing it too I get txt that say Talipia fillets on sale...lol

mjp
11-20-2009, 01:35 PM
damn i dont see how yall are getting by with spending 40 and 50 bucks a week, is that just for yourself too? when im home i have to go once a week, and spend atleast 100. i dont even think i eat that much...

DUBGURL19
11-23-2009, 08:29 AM
What are you buying and where are you buying it from.