PDA

View Full Version : boxing and UFC on the same night yet again?

al
11-10-2009, 01:16 PM
:facepalm: I don't know which thread to post in, the boxing or the MMA 2.0 thread, but I find it interesting how the UFC seems to be deliberately spearheading a campaign to directly compete with boxing. Why isn't it possible to be a fan of both without having to pick one?

Now since UFC is free this time around, I'm probably going to watch that, knowing I'll hear the news about the Pacquiao fight from every Pinoy I know anyway :rofl: ... big mouth spoilers render my DVR useless.

And one thing I'd like to point out: both main events have a Filipino in it. That's pretty cool, because I'd rather see us fight than sing terrible karaoke.

Trae*
11-10-2009, 01:32 PM
its not competing with boxing since its free. im pretty sure its during the day at 2pm since its in england .

and wait brandon vera is a flip? he aint full thats for sure they dont come in adult size :kekegay:

edit: nope its at 7pm

Nega-Patio
11-10-2009, 01:39 PM
edit: nope its at 7pm

it's probably a re-airing then because that would be like 12 or 1 am there

The UFC cards were weak and over before anyone knew it last time. I was at the Bullpen and hardly anyone was watching UFC. Maybe a small crowd of bros, but just about everyone was watching Mayweather.

Jasdeep
11-10-2009, 01:42 PM
watching boxing this time

al
11-10-2009, 01:50 PM
and wait brandon vera is a flip? he aint full thats for sure they dont come in adult size :kekegay:

Half, his dad is flip and his mother is Italian. It's largely due to BV that Dana wants to use the Philippines as a future UFC venue. Adult size, hehe. I know a couple of Filipino 6 footers ... I'm just glad I'm taller than Dorian.

rodneeking
11-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Probably gonna watch the boxing match since it'll be free at a friends heh. Good to see more filipinos starting to represent in fighting.

Trae*
11-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Half, his dad is flip and his mother is Italian. It's largely due to BV that Dana wants to use the Philippines as a future UFC venue. Adult size, hehe. I know a couple of Filipino 6 footers ... I'm just glad I'm taller than Dorian.

yea i looked it up after you posted that. i always thought he was just hispanic.

KillaCam
11-11-2009, 07:16 AM
:facepalm: I don't know which thread to post in, the boxing or the MMA 2.0 thread, but I find it interesting how the UFC seems to be deliberately spearheading a campaign to directly compete with boxing. Why isn't it possible to be a fan of both without having to pick one?

Now since UFC is free this time around, I'm probably going to watch that, knowing I'll hear the news about the Pacquiao fight from every Pinoy I know anyway :rofl: ... big mouth spoilers render my DVR useless.

And one thing I'd like to point out: both main events have a Filipino in it. That's pretty cool, because I'd rather see us fight than sing terrible karaoke.

Dana has a point to prove, he'll keep doing it untill someone like me and a hot dog vendor have a PPV boxing match where no cares and he'll front line lesnar, liddell, penn, GSP, kimbo all on one card and then say ... "SEE, BOXING IS DEAD, WE HAD MORE PPV SALES!!!!"

The last time was a bust, however, if and when pacman kills cotto and there's a possible PBF vs Pac, I bet dana gets Lesnar and all the rest I mentioned on 1 card to go straight up against boxing.

CivicR
11-11-2009, 07:40 AM
I see no reason to go up against boxing, two completely different things. Most people are either fans of one or the other, I know some like both boxing and mma but more like just one of them.

KillaCam
11-11-2009, 08:05 AM
I see no reason to go up against boxing, two completely different things. Most people are either fans of one or the other, I know some like both boxing and mma but more like just one of them.

He's beating a dead horse. The two are like Zebra's and Clown Fish, TWO different animals. Some people enjoy boxing and wish for more quality PPV's some people enjoy MMA and love that there's 20 PPV's a yr.

HB-II
11-11-2009, 09:20 AM
Don't really care for boxing anymore but watching both.

proricanDC5
11-11-2009, 07:13 PM
Im watching the cotto fight!

DC
11-11-2009, 07:30 PM

:rofl: