PDA

View Full Version : Working out with you SO

ChuyiN
11-10-2009, 07:00 AM
I've seen a lot of couples lately working out together. Any of you guys work out with your SO? Personally i dont have one, but I like to workout by myself listening to my jams!!

Jeebus
11-10-2009, 07:20 AM
I'm taking my girlfriend for the 1.5-2 months we get of break from school in early December.

rodneeking
11-10-2009, 07:21 AM
I personally don’t have a SO right now, but I wouldn’t be able to work out with mine if I did have one. It would distract me and keep me from finishing in a timely matter. I wouldn’t mind helping my SO though after I finished.

Jasdeep
11-10-2009, 07:22 AM
Love working out with my SO! love seeing her stretch etc...

The_Houstonian
11-10-2009, 08:08 AM
have recently gotten back into working out and i dont have a so at the moment but seems like working out by yourself you can finish and do what you have to do at a timely matter.

HB-II
11-10-2009, 08:09 AM

No kidding! I workout w/ my SO at home and the stretching is my fav :thumb:

Jeebus
11-10-2009, 08:10 AM
Why would it make a difference? I rest 2 minutes or so between each set, easily enough time for your so or any other gym partner to work in. You guys slack off when ya'll are with someone I suppose.

DUBGURL19
11-10-2009, 08:12 AM
I wish my girlfriend would work out with me every once in a while...she refuses...

I tell her I would let her spot me for squats. She hates the gym...

Sucks because I need someone to spot me sometimes....

ChuyiN
11-10-2009, 08:30 AM
I wish my girlfriend would work out with me every once in a while...she refuses...

I tell her I would let her spot me for squats. She hates the gym...

Sucks because I need someone to spot me sometimes....

:thumb: i can help lol jk.. I wouldnt mind working out with an SO if I had one, but damn theres a lot of pervs at the gym lol

DUBGURL19
11-10-2009, 08:43 AM
:thumb: i can help lol jk.. I wouldnt mind working out with an SO if I had one, but damn theres a lot of pervs at the gym lol

Hell yeah! I am one of them...lol

But yeah I think she does not work out with me because she would get pissed, I could just see her now...

"wtf you looking at dude, never see a girl do a squat" or "take a fucking picture it would last you longer"

OH my... maybe it is a good thing.

MiGhTyGuRl
11-10-2009, 08:49 AM
Hell yeah! I am one of them...lol

But yeah I think she does not work out with me because she would get pissed, I could just see her now...

"wtf you looking at dude, never see a girl do a squat" or "take a fucking picture it would last you longer"

OH my... maybe it is a good thing.

lol i use to have that same problem. sometimes it's good to get in a good work out alone. but sometimes it's good to have someone there pushing you to do more reps! that's why i just need a workout buddy :(

ryk
11-10-2009, 08:59 AM
I used to workout with my wife when I had a membership to 24 hr fitness. But to be honest...that shit got old REAL QUICK.

Complaining, taking forver, complaining, breaking my rhythm, complaining, making an hour workout take 2.5 hours.

Oh, and the complaining. In case I forgot to mention it.
I wish she and I could workout together cuz there's nothing hotter then a woman who's in shape. Mmmmm boy, howdy!

DUBGURL19
11-10-2009, 09:04 AM
I love love love wokring out by myself, but right now I am pushing weight that is a challenge and I need an experienced spotter...

Spotting is like a science, lol you have to know when your partner can push through it and when they need just the right amount of help

MiGhTyGuRl
11-10-2009, 09:08 AM
No shit, i use to work out with my now X hubby and we got the membership mainly for him! but i'd be damned if he was the one that gave up first or complained first! if i wanted to spend an hour @ the gym he'd complain 30 mins into my workout that he hurt something! or why was looking @ that guy?

it was so much easier to workout by myself!

DUBGURL19
11-10-2009, 09:17 AM
I stare at everybody unintentionally I am just in the zone and do not even notice that I am staring...

ChuyiN
11-10-2009, 09:22 AM
I stare at everybody unintentionally I am just in the zone and do not even notice that I am staring...

hahah yeah i catch myself doin the samething.. its like wtf am i doin staring . get back to work lazy ass lol

MiGhTyGuRl
11-10-2009, 09:24 AM
i do the same!

Steph, become a personal trainer!!!

DUBGURL19
11-10-2009, 09:32 AM
NO! They keep hounding me at the gym too.. I dont have time and with three shows next year I really will be drained...

Plus people piss me off because they are lazy..

I will work out with anyone though for free...

the Asshats
11-10-2009, 09:36 AM
He won't work out with me because I don't "push him" like a dude does.

ryk
11-10-2009, 09:39 AM
if i wanted to spend an hour @ the gym he'd complain 30 mins into my workout that he hurt something! or why was looking @ that guy?

it was so much easier to workout by myself!

These are the same reasons my wife would complain. AUGH!
And then to make matters worse, she would sit on the couch and pout when it was time to go and I'd have to sweet talk her into going. After that, I stopped asking and would go on my own, only to come home to a sour face and the answer to everything was... "whatever".

I built my man garage after that and now I just workout in there. But man oh man what I would give for a spotter or workout partner. A few weeks back I had a membership to Bally's and there was a dude that was lifting and needed help. I kindly obliged and he returned the favor. After that, we finished the workout spotting eachother and because of that, I had the bestest workout E V E R. I imagine that it was due to the extra effort and extra reps brought on by a spotter who knew what he was doing.
I wish I had me a spotter/workout partner :(

DUBGURL19
11-10-2009, 09:40 AM
Plus Krissy, I do the group exercise - I like that I can push and motivate but I have no financial obligation to them... I am just selfish about my workout and diet I want to focus on me not them...lol

putdownthefork
11-10-2009, 09:40 AM
even if we went together (we're both being fatasses now), it would probably be for the ride. we both do different things at the gym so we would probably never run across each other.

TylerDurden
11-10-2009, 09:42 AM
Oh god no! I hate working out with my SO. We go to the gym sometimes but she is done after 20 minutes. She isn't in the best shape (and is mentally weak) so thats her limit with cardio.

I dont have patience or a lot of sympathy towards anyone. So when my chick gets tired after 20 minutes, i try to get her to do some other stuff in the gym but she puts on a show like she is drained. Pisses me off because now i gotta deal with her sitting in the corner waiting to go home.

I'd much rather go by myself then with my chick.

ICED@15K
11-10-2009, 09:42 AM
Rather work out alone. I don't have time to bs around at the gym and I would rather get in and get out. I feel that if I had my so with me it would just take longer for me to get done with what I needed.

DUBGURL19
11-10-2009, 09:43 AM
These are the same reasons my wife would complain. AUGH!
And then to make matters worse, she would sit on the couch and pout when it was time to go and I'd have to sweet talk her into going. After that, I stopped asking and would go on my own, only to come home to a sour face and the answer to everything was... "whatever".

I built my man garage after that and now I just workout in there. But man oh man what I would give for a spotter or workout partner. A few weeks back I had a membership to Bally's and there was a dude that was lifting and needed help. I kindly obliged and he returned the favor. After that, we finished the workout spotting eachother and because of that, I had the bestest workout E V E R. I imagine that it was due to the extra effort and extra reps brought on by a spotter who knew what he was doing.
I wish I had me a spotter/workout partner :(

lol one of the bodybuilders at my gym always tells me hey come spot me...

I tell him dude that DUMBELL weighs more than I do.... if you drop it we are both fucked..

But he always says it is about knowing how to spot, he says I got the weight just help with lift off and the elbow push knowing when to help and when to move out the way!

and then fact that I am like " come on you got this one more, dont be a punk bitch"

ha ha

edex
11-10-2009, 09:47 AM

HA! I do that all the time. esp. on the treadmill. I get really focused and before i know it someone is giving me that "wut nga" :really?: look. :facepalm:

I'm single, but I have gone on 'working out' dates :rofl: I like it a lot. Stuff like running at memorial, rock climbing, swimming some laps.

MiGhTyGuRl
11-10-2009, 09:49 AM
Plus Krissy, I do the group exercise - I like that I can push and motivate but I have no financial obligation to them... I am just selfish about my workout and diet I want to focus on me not them...lol

i remember when i use to do that! it was the most awesome feeling ever! damn i really need to get back to the gym, i'm getting way to comfortable :hsrun:

Jeebus
11-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Well the majority of the guys so far hate working out with their SO:rofl:. I'll have to give it a shot but yea if my gf starts complaining or gets tired after 20 minutes, she's going to get the boot.

DUBGURL19
11-10-2009, 09:52 AM
Well the majority of the guys so far hate working out with their SO:rofl:. I'll have to give it a shot but yea if my gf starts complaining or gets tired after 20 minutes, she's going to get the boot.

For real maybe I am lucky that she dont workout with me...

She would be mad too because I am a huge flirt but equal opp. I even flirt with the old ladies and men..lol

edex
11-10-2009, 09:54 AM
word. i don't even workout with friends most of the time. they aggravate me when they can't keep up or just take 20min between each set... :eyesjack:

so most of the time, i go by myself or bring my bro. we both get in the zone and not really bother each other.

mr toolio
11-10-2009, 09:55 AM
she wont workout with me because i push her as I would push a dude.. no homo

htownfister
11-10-2009, 10:46 AM
I've taken my SO a few times while im home or when se comes visit and we always have a great time. She always does my workout, whatever i do she does too just a lot lighter weight...eventually she gets tired of lifting weights and goes over to the threadmill and runs until im done lifting weights....\

As far as workout buddies, I have a few that I love going with because we push each other and enter the competitive stage of doing more weight or more reps.

But there are days when I choose to go alone and get in the zone with my Ipod and the weights.
Speaking of working out, i took my white flood about 3 hours:facepalm: ago but got caught up with some paperwork:hsrun:...I need to get to the gym ASAP!!!

aprilfuulz
11-10-2009, 10:54 AM
if i go work out with my SO it's more like let's ride together to the gym and then do your own thing, meet up at the end and then go home. i don't like to be lovebirds and just giggle and chat the whole time. i get in my own little world with music and tune everything out

ChuyiN
11-10-2009, 12:52 PM
if i go work out with my SO it's more like let's ride together to the gym and then do your own thing, meet up at the end and then go home. i don't like to be lovebirds and just giggle and chat the whole time. i get in my own little world with music and tune everything out

yeah thats exactly what i do.. get into my own lttle world and jam to music.. sometimes im moving my head to the beat of the song and people stare at me like wtf this ***** doing.. I lol

seeemji
11-10-2009, 12:59 PM
hell no. We do everything together.But work out we don't.He's to strict on me.

Dirty3rd
11-10-2009, 01:49 PM
yeah thats exactly what i do.. get into my own lttle world and jam to music.. sometimes im moving my head to the beat of the song and people stare at me like wtf this ***** doing.. I lol

People got staring problems at the gym. I always see someone looking at me for no reason.

htownfister
11-10-2009, 04:34 PM
People got staring problems at the gym. I always see someone looking at me for no reason.

X2!!!:hsrun: im in the military so i often travel alot... and i always try to find a gym to relief some stress...sometimes is like they know that im not from there cause i feel like every one and their mother be staring....but deep down inside im like, yea im bad ass! LOL

DUBGURL19
11-10-2009, 04:34 PM

They probably dont even realize they are looking...

Deluxe Son
11-11-2009, 01:19 AM

yepp same here, by the time we get inside, smell ya later!!

oki_boy
11-11-2009, 02:52 AM
i used to work out with my SO...well, it was more like we'd just motivate each other to go to the gym together when one of us was feeling lazy.

once we were there, we'd both strap on the IPODs and do our own thing. if i was still lifting or running when she was ready to go, she'd just jump back on a treadmill or do some leg exercises and was great about not complaining.

if you have the right dynamic its great. if not, i could see it being really, REALLY shitty.

1992_eg
11-11-2009, 03:56 PM
i took my girl to the gym with me twice, i didnt do shit she cant run for shit lol

alreadyknow
11-11-2009, 03:59 PM
we go to the gym, but she does her own thing and i do mine.

socold57
11-11-2009, 04:01 PM
work out in bed, yeahhhhhh

DUBGURL19
11-11-2009, 07:35 PM

lol

DC
11-11-2009, 07:46 PM

Yep! The only working out I ever do with her...she is too damn lazy to actually go to the gym. :facepalm:

rambamohdam
11-11-2009, 09:33 PM

other guys love seeing her stretch too... :hsrun:

SE_TEG96
11-19-2009, 10:55 AM
I dont have a SO, but I doubt I would do it. I cant even concentrate if there are girls with in 10 feet from where I am.

DUBGURL19
11-19-2009, 11:07 AM
oh man dont be one of those!

I think it is funny when someone ask my why I work out provocative... I tell them it is called proper form! Stop staring.. lol

10FLAT
11-19-2009, 11:24 AM
I like working out at home....she likes to pull up and after that i work my waist......up and down, up and down, in and out, in and out

TheSnowMan
11-19-2009, 05:09 PM
I like working out at home....she likes to pull up and after that i work my waist......up and down, up and down, in and out, in and out

:facepalm:

honhatchisbak
11-20-2009, 04:41 PM
my girl refuses to workout with me. but me and my ex would workout together alot. it was always good cause we would motivate each other.