PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football

MBGTO
10-23-2009, 08:16 AM
Week 7 is upon us...and I'm sitting nice with a 5-1 record. Now this is going to sound stupid and you're probably going to read the next couple of lines and be like WTF!!!!!

I was able to acquire Brees because someone is retarded and doesn't know how to use the computer. I happened to see him on the waiver and snatched that mofo up. Not that I needed him, I have Peyton Manning too. I just don't know which to start this week....Brees versus Miami or Peyton versus St. Louis. I figure the colts are going to blow the rams out of the water....but will it be a throwing game or will they get up 3 touch downs and run the hell out of the ball? I'm not sure how that Miami game will go but I'm sure Brees will get that arm going.

rodneeking
10-23-2009, 08:49 AM
Manning for sure, that's a less risky move. Miami isn't all too bad and if their defense decides to show up that day they may be able to throw brees off some.

michael123
10-23-2009, 09:21 AM
i bet your in an all NOOB league. Dropping brees wow

rodneeking
10-23-2009, 09:53 AM
yeah the guy who dropped brees is an idiot...

MBGTO
10-23-2009, 10:36 AM
i bet your in an all NOOB league. Dropping brees wow

No, not a Noob league. The guy who dropped him is an idiot, he's always talking shit to me. It was bitter sweet to beat him last week only because I had Brees and he didn't. He said he was trying to move him to the bench but he sat on the waiver for 15 minutes before I picked him up. Not only that but on the espn league you have to go through 2 confirmation screens to make any add/drops.

x_sl33py
10-23-2009, 04:48 PM
wtf, trade one of those qbs and get a position u need. lol. i would say just go with peyton manning.

i need ffantasy football help too. i have to start two wr's and one rb/wr. my team is depleted this week with my best two players rice and mjd on byes. Calvin Johnson is also out and on a bye.

Pick 2 or 3 - Boldin, Mike Wallace, and Caldwell
Pick 1 or none - Beanie Wells and Felix Jones

TLontheDL
10-23-2009, 05:44 PM
I never get this fantasy sports thing. what is the prize when your team wins??

x_sl33py
10-23-2009, 07:12 PM
I never get this fantasy sports thing. what is the prize when your team wins??

you and ur buddies say put in 100 each for a 12 man team. winner takes all, or winner takes 80 percent, etc. or sometimes if u just wanna do casuals like the h-i league where ppl really don't know each other and just play for bragging rights.

Mazda6
10-23-2009, 08:05 PM
yea we did 100 each for 16 team league and winner takes 1.2k and 2nd gets 400

MBGTO
10-23-2009, 08:54 PM
Can't trade in our league so I'm not getting rid of either, I'd rather have then on my bench than play against them!

Our league is $50 buy in, $10/loss and $5/pick up (adding player). Drops are free so you only pay $5/transaction. We are in a 12 man league so in the end you figure it up and it's a good chunk of money. I think we split 75% / 25% which isn't bad.

alreadyknow
10-23-2009, 08:55 PM
yea we did 100 each for 16 team league and winner takes 1.2k and 2nd gets 400

16team league is way too big imo

MBGTO
10-23-2009, 09:04 PM
Pick 2 or 3 - Boldin, Mike Wallace, and Caldwell
Pick 1 or none - Beanie Wells and Felix Jones

Boldin is a game time decision with his high ankle sprain, I would knock him out since Az plays at 8:30p on Sunday so you if he doesn't play you already have other players you could have used that you can't now.

On the other hand Wallace is a #3 receiver option under Holmes and Ward. Minnesota's secondary is kind of suspect, but will it be suspect to Holmes and Ward all game or will they send all of their DB's to make sure those 2 are covered.

I'd take Caldwell for Cincy and play him.

Out of Wells and Jones....I take neither LOL. Jones probably won't be taking many carries since he is fresh back from a knee injury. I don't like Wells against the Giant's Defense. If I had to take one of those two I would take Wells over Jones. At least Wells is guaranteed carries while Jones may or may not get them depending on how his knee is feeling.

MBGTO
10-23-2009, 09:05 PM

I hate the last round in big leagues, you are picking the practice squad LOL

getoffmahnut
10-23-2009, 09:07 PM

the bigger, the better cause you really have to know the depth chart/ sleepers... I thinks it way more interesting than have a 10 team league

alreadyknow
10-23-2009, 09:36 PM
you guys should try a live/in person draft, it's fun

MBGTO
10-23-2009, 11:08 PM
you guys should try a live/in person draft, it's fun

We did ours at a bar.

x_sl33py
10-24-2009, 08:35 AM
since my team really sucks this week. i think i am going to gamble and go with the players that has a chance to break off a big one. I am hearing Felix Jones is back up to speed, and with only 5 carries, the kid has a chance to take one to the house for 80 yards at any time. Ill prob go with Felix, Mike Wallace, and Caldwell.