PDA

View Full Version : Bench Press Lockouts

HellStorm
10-22-2009, 07:12 PM
Anyone else do these? I've been doing them since HS. It's pretty nice. Once you've held 250lbs over you max in your hands, your max suddenly doesnt feel so heavy. Also strengthens up the connective tissues and bones. Just curious, and would like to see some numbers out there. I locked out 635lbs today. It was only about 3.5 inches of motion though because the bench deflates beneath you and takes away about an inch of motion. And with the hole settings on the squat rack being 4 inches apart, its hard to get it set up right. So yeah..... anyone?

mle_92cx
10-23-2009, 02:33 AM
Do What?

HieuOn2Wheels
10-23-2009, 02:36 AM
:stupid:

mle_92cx
10-23-2009, 02:46 AM
YUP ive lifted/ trained for well over 15 years and this guy lost me. Just holding more weight than you can actually press. That seems pretty stupid. I see no gain you could get from just holding it. But what do I know im really weak.

HieuOn2Wheels
10-23-2009, 02:49 AM
yeah, I'm lost too. I'm going to have to google or youtube this.....

mle_92cx
10-23-2009, 02:53 AM
yeah nice avatar btw

jnguyen26
10-23-2009, 08:28 AM
YUP ive lifted/ trained for well over 15 years and this guy lost me. Just holding more weight than you can actually press. That seems pretty stupid. I see no gain you could get from just holding it. But what do I know im really weak.

you train your body to hold more weight than you can really push on the full motion.. thats how you get strong.

mle_92cx
10-23-2009, 10:44 AM
oh guess im doing it all wrong. LOL

HieuOn2Wheels
10-23-2009, 10:52 AM
you train your body to hold more weight than you can really push on the full motion.. thats how you get strong.

i'll try this next time when i bench.

HellStorm
10-23-2009, 11:02 AM

:facepalm: That was a pretty ignorant comment. And you do push the weight. You can work any where from the last 50% of the range of motion or 25%, OR 10%. you should give it a try sometime.

HellStorm
10-23-2009, 11:04 AM

exactly. It also strengthens connective tissue and your bones. It also does a number on your tri's. It works, believe me. Just look it up. It's also called rack press.:thumb:

bowfinger
10-23-2009, 01:06 PM
I would try it, but i don't want to look stupid holding a whole bunch of weight I can't even move.

Em1_Kid
10-23-2009, 01:16 PM
All the meatheads tell me if i rack it i better push it

TLontheDL
10-23-2009, 05:50 PM
I would try it, but i don't want to look stupid holding a whole bunch of weight I can't even move.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I was just thinking the same thing. I can already see it now - "say dog, look at this homeboy here. WTF is he doing holding that bar up for the past 3 minutes?" :gonk:

HellStorm
10-23-2009, 06:43 PM
Do you guys not understand the point?

lyttleviet
10-24-2009, 03:59 PM
If you guys aren't willing to do something that works based on the fact that you look stupid, I wouldn't want you for shit in this world.

mjp
10-24-2009, 08:48 PM
:roflmao:

moleman
10-25-2009, 12:18 AM
If you guys aren't willing to do something that works based on the fact that you look stupid, I wouldn't want you for shit in this world.

Its not about looking dumb this shit is just dumb I understand what hellstorm is getting at but its fucking point less

HellStorm
10-25-2009, 02:32 AM
Its not about looking dumb this shit is just dumb I understand what hellstorm is getting at but its fucking point less

Why would you say its pointless?

nice1_js
10-25-2009, 06:40 PM
I've been working out consistently for about 5-6 years. Until now, have I heard a workout like this. Honestly, to me it sounds a bit absurd and dangerous, but I would like to know more about it. So please explain where you found out about this method.

On another note, The credibility of yourself is interesting because looking back at what you said, you lifted off 635lbs off the rack which, apparently, is 250lbs more than your max bench, 385lbs. Now this, I've never heard before. You basically lifted and held almost TWICE the weight of your max benchpress which is astonishing lol. Are you a competitive powerlifter or do you weigh 350lbs?

My max is 235lbs, and I could never imagine holding up 470lbs without it crushing me to pieces.

Just sayin'...

HellStorm
10-25-2009, 08:28 PM
I've been working out consistently for about 5-6 years. Until now, have I heard a workout like this. Honestly, to me it sounds a bit absurd and dangerous, but I would like to know more about it. So please explain where you found out about this method.

On another note, The credibility of yourself is interesting because looking back at what you said, you lifted off 635lbs off the rack which, apparently, is 250lbs more than your max bench, 385lbs. Now this, I've never heard before. You basically lifted and held almost TWICE the weight of your max benchpress which is astonishing lol. Are you a competitive powerlifter or do you weigh 350lbs?

My max is 235lbs, and I could never imagine holding up 470lbs without it crushing me to pieces.

Just sayin'...

There is quite a bit of info to be found on the net about Lockouts. They are used on squats, bench, and deadlift. You will see the benefits and possible problems involved in doing them. I was taught by my power lifting coach in HS how to do them. In fact, this lift ties in with partial rep training. Which is something I guess a lot of guys on here think is a joke. When the reality is, that you can gain some serious size and strength doing 6 weeks of Partial rep workouts every so often. They've never tried it or studied it so they really don't know what they're talking about on the matter. Just come watch me lift and you can see the proof and results for yourself. As for my bench max.... I just posted 250lbs as a common number above your max that one might be able to lift doing lockouts. I just started working out again in september after taking the summer off though, so my numbers arent back to peak yet. I normally can lock out about 300lbs over my bench max. I dont know what my one rep max is on any lift because I do 5 rep max's. Before I took the summer off I got up to 365 for 5 reps going parallel on bench. I weigh 175lbs at 5'10''. And before you call BS on any of my lifts, ask HYPER on here who has trained with me, or come see for yourself. :thumb:

Chago
10-25-2009, 09:55 PM
weird but cool concept. And makes sense since the muscle is contracting trying to keep its composure. Definitely need to try this, just a couple of questions; how long do you hold for once you lockout? and how many sets/reps do you recommend for a n00b?

nice1_js
10-25-2009, 10:35 PM
There is quite a bit of info to be found on the net about Lockouts. They are used on squats, bench, and deadlift. You will see the benefits and possible problems involved in doing them. I was taught by my power lifting coach in HS how to do them. In fact, this lift ties in with partial rep training. Which is something I guess a lot of guys on here think is a joke. When the reality is, that you can gain some serious size and strength doing 6 weeks of Partial rep workouts every so often. They've never tried it or studied it so they really don't know what they're talking about on the matter. Just come watch me lift and you can see the proof and results for yourself. As for my bench max.... I just posted 250lbs as a common number above your max that one might be able to lift doing lockouts. I just started working out again in september after taking the summer off though, so my numbers arent back to peak yet. I normally can lock out about 300lbs over my bench max. I dont know what my one rep max is on any lift because I do 5 rep max's. Before I took the summer off I got up to 365 for 5 reps going parallel on bench. I weigh 175lbs at 5'10''. And before you call BS on any of my lifts, ask HYPER on here who has trained with me, or come see for yourself. :thumb:

Well, I hope you know that with those stats you mentioned (weighing 175lbs and lifting 365 5 rep maxes = 420lb max) would've put you around ONE of the or THE strongest 175lb man in the southern region of the US.

I'm a small guy, 145lbs and 5'10", so when you mentioned that much weight, I was just like... :2cooleek:

Congrats on those stats if they are legit dude. As far as the training goes, I researched it and it is legit. It's one of the few workouts that effectively increases your bench max. There's other names for it too, it's often called a static hold. It's meant to build up your connective tissue.

Just out of curiosity, where do you usually lift?

HellStorm
10-25-2009, 11:22 PM
weird but cool concept. And makes sense since the muscle is contracting trying to keep its composure. Definitely need to try this, just a couple of questions; how long do you hold for once you lockout? and how many sets/reps do you recommend for a n00b?

If you are indeed a noob, you really need to research partial rep lifting and lockouts a bit before you give it a go. You could easily do damage if you try too much too fast. So its something you want to build up to first. Your connective tissues and bones need time to adapt, and you might be able to push more weight than they are willing to handle at first. As for the lockouts, it's all up to you how you want to do them. You can do actual sets of 3, 4 or 5.... or just do one rep for 5 sets, working up to the max. You can also, set the rack up at different heights too. An actual lockout though is done with only about 3-4 inches of motion. I usually hold it for just a few seconds and let it down slow. I alternate between doing multiple reps, and single reps. I do partial rep lifting for about 6 weeks every 3 months or so. You cant do lockouts too much, because they are very taxing on the body. They definitely help though if done right, with a proper split. Like I said, just do some research first. :thumb:

HellStorm
10-25-2009, 11:34 PM
Well, I hope you know that with those stats you mentioned (weighing 175lbs and lifting 365 5 rep maxes = 420lb max) would've put you around ONE of the or THE strongest 175lb man in the southern region of the US.

I'm a small guy, 145lbs and 5'10", so when you mentioned that much weight, I was just like... :2cooleek:

Congrats on those stats if they are legit dude. As far as the training goes, I researched it and it is legit. It's one of the few workouts that effectively increases your bench max. There's other names for it too, it's often called a static hold. It's meant to build up your connective tissue.

Just out of curiosity, where do you usually lift?

You know, I actually did some research into the record lifts here in the US for my weight class. You would be surprised how strong other people are out there. The only thing I might be able to do is set a record for the highest Total in my lifts for my weight. You have guys out there that only focus on one lift to set a record in it. I focus on my entire body. Plus, I would have to start training with perfect form, which is pretty much required if your record lift is to mean anything. My form isn't always the greatest. :weirdo: But yeah, I work out at the fitness connection at Sawdust and 45.

lyttleviet
10-25-2009, 11:40 PM

Yeah, I don't know if this is effective or not, my point was that saying you won't do it because you look stupid is just retarded :facepalm:.

HellStorm
10-26-2009, 12:00 AM
Yeah, I don't know if this is effective or not, my point was that saying you won't do it because you look stupid is just retarded :facepalm:.

It's like the guys that are afraid to work out in a gym full of people because they dont lift very much. Who cares how much you lift, what matters is that you are in the gym bettering yourself. :thumb: My older brother is one of those people.

kdt3
10-26-2009, 12:03 AM
fact:applying stress on your bones make it stronger, adaptation to more loads.
what the op should have said was "isometric contractions"- muscle doesn't change length, so tension develops at a constant muscle length, like your pushing against a wall. wonder why gymnast are so strong? they do a lot of isometric hold training.

jkr_hatchback
10-26-2009, 12:06 AM

Floor Presses at UH :rock:

HellStorm
10-26-2009, 12:24 AM
Floor Presses at UH :rock:

Man I havent done floor press since HS.

lyttleviet
10-26-2009, 12:40 AM
It's like the guys that are afraid to work out in a gym full of people because they dont lift very much. Who cares how much you lift, what matters is that you are in the gym bettering yourself. :thumb: My older brother is one of those people.

yeah, im not shy about curling those 2.5s all day baby! :rock: haha jk... But I know exactly what you are talking about.

TheSnowMan
10-26-2009, 08:12 AM

I used to be that person. Now I lift a lot of weight for me, but compared to other people I don't lift squat (no pun intended). I just make sure my form is as close to perfect as I can get it so at least I have that.

5plusjuan
10-27-2009, 03:38 AM
I can't believe all the people that don't know what lockouts are,lol. This is not a new method; power lifters having been doing these for god knows how long. Floor presses are pretty similar; both exercises are great if you have plateau'd on your chest and wanna bust through your max.

HellStorm
10-27-2009, 11:24 AM
I can't believe all the people that don't know what lockouts are,lol. This is not a new method; power lifters having been doing these for god knows how long. Floor presses are pretty similar; both exercises are great if you have plateau'd on your chest and wanna bust through your max.

HAHA... yeah I was pretty confused when people thought I was crazy.

TLontheDL
10-27-2009, 11:40 AM
what are floor presses?

HellStorm
10-27-2009, 12:57 PM
what are floor presses?

Exactly what they sound like. You lay on the floor and do bench press using a squat rack. It limits your ROM when your elbows stop at the floor. Part of Partial rep training.

TLontheDL
10-27-2009, 03:40 PM
oh i see! Ive never seen anybody lay on the floor to use it as a bench press. people always drag those portable benches to lay under to bench.

I might try a floor press this fri!

HellStorm
10-29-2009, 11:45 PM
Well I locked out 675lbs today. I tried 700 and nearly shit my pants. HAH, it was worth a shot though :D

MaximaPower
10-30-2009, 09:48 AM
lol...i must be weaksauce on here...675lbs??? and u're 175 lbs?? u're a f****** BEAST!!!

HellStorm
10-30-2009, 01:12 PM
lol...i must be weaksauce on here...675lbs??? and u're 175 lbs?? u're a f****** BEAST!!!

Nah, your lockout strength might surprise you. :thumb:

TLontheDL
10-31-2009, 09:40 PM
im hoping you aren't 'locking out"...locking your elbows. wouldn't that hurt your elbow joints from the pressure weight?

htownfister
11-01-2009, 01:37 AM
so i tried this last week on my chest day. My one rep max is 250 and i put 300 on it, had my buddy help me lift it off the rack and held it for 30 seconds! My hands were shaking like crazy!!!!!! did it twice but my wrists started hurting so i said "f" this!
As far as floor presses, I do dumbells presses and butterflies on the floor sometimes

HellStorm
11-01-2009, 03:51 AM
im hoping you aren't 'locking out"...locking your elbows. wouldn't that hurt your elbow joints from the pressure weight?
I dont think I can even lock out my elbows like that on bench. Either way I wouldnt do it. I used to have a bad habit of doing that on leg press though. :weirdo:
so i tried this last week on my chest day. My one rep max is 250 and i put 300 on it, had my buddy help me lift it off the rack and held it for 30 seconds! My hands were shaking like crazy!!!!!! did it twice but my wrists started hurting so i said "f" this!
As far as floor presses, I do dumbells presses and butterflies on the floor sometimes

30 seconds!? Sheesh, I dont know if I would hold it that long. And If you were able to hold it that long, I think you may have been able to do a whole lot more weight. Its your first time trying it though. Give your bones and connective tissues a few weeks to adjust and I bet you can do 400lbs or more no problem.

htownfister
11-01-2009, 04:53 AM
damn, yea those 30 seconds were tough!!! i tried it today again but with dumbells at the end of my workout since i workout chest with D/B's one week and B/B's the other....next time i try it i'll hold it for 15 sec.

Hyper
11-04-2009, 12:45 PM
The only thing I didn't like about lock outs was having all that weight on those skinny bars! Kinda frightening! Not a bad exercise

HellStorm
11-12-2009, 07:17 PM
I got 700lbs today. It was only about an inch of motion but hey..... I'll settle for that.

S54_M
11-13-2009, 12:49 AM
INteresting

I will have to try this out.

Ruthless_Image
11-18-2009, 12:15 PM

im no expert but i agree with you, i asked all the trainers at Life Time Fitness, and they all said the same thing "no gain from just holding up that kind of weight" you only get stronger on bench press, doing bench press the end....

they said, they always see people do crazy shit everyday, so he said he is not surprise if people did this. they have heard of it but said its a load of shit, lol....

TheSnowMan
11-18-2009, 12:52 PM
I don't think it is so much as gaining strength but getting your body ready to lift heavier weights. Once his body adjust to 700lbs he should have no problem lifting 300lbs. It also must feel a lot lighter to lift 250lbs after holding up 700lbs.

Ruthless_Image
11-18-2009, 12:58 PM
I don't think it is so much as gaining strength but getting your body ready to lift heavier weights. Once his body adjust to 700lbs he should have no problem lifting 300lbs. It also must feel a lot lighter to lift 250lbs after holding up 700lbs.

now what u said makes some sense to me...

5plusjuan
11-18-2009, 02:07 PM
im no expert but i agree with you, i asked all the trainers at Life Time Fitness, and they all said the same thing "no gain from just holding up that kind of weight" you only get stronger on bench press, doing bench press the end....

they said, they always see people do crazy shit everyday, so he said he is not surprise if people did this. they have heard of it but said its a load of shit, lol....

:facepalm::facepalm: at Lifetime Fitness Trainers; IMO they are garbage when it comes to power lifting. Yes, they may know a thing or two about fitness training your average joe schmoe and someone in the beginning stages of lifting, but this thread is not intended for those type of people. Lockouts, floor presses work; experienced, serious lifters use them to get over the hump on their bench.

HellStorm
11-18-2009, 06:20 PM
:facepalm::facepalm: at Lifetime Fitness Trainers; IMO they are garbage when it comes to power lifting. Yes, they may know a thing or two about fitness training your average joe schmoe and someone in the beginning stages of lifting, but this thread is not intended for those type of people. Lockouts, floor presses work; experienced, serious lifters use them to get over the hump on their bench.

I said the same thing when I read his post. The trainers you see at these big gyms are most always a joke. They took an online course and got a certification.... big whoop. 80% look completely out of shape and probably wouldnt know the first thing about gaining muscle mass. Just come to my fitness connection and look at their trainers. They are a joke. :facepalm:

lovebomber
11-19-2009, 08:22 AM
I've read this thread and am convinced that these might help, but also understand the doubt that everyone has too...
I've actually started doing them; the way i see it i mean it doesnt take long and your working something, so what the hell give it a try see if you see any results. But i also talked to my dad which is a certified trainer and was incarcerated for 8 years, and pretty much while in there almost everyone learns and knows more about fitness than many many lifters out here. He said that in all his time training he has never seen anyone do this. He seems to believe that in the long run this would strengthen your bones and tendons, but only after a long period of time. he thinks negative reps are more efficiant, but is up in the air about this. Just told me to do lots more research

Ruthless_Image
11-19-2009, 10:00 AM
I said the same thing when I read his post. The trainers you see at these big gyms are most always a joke. They took an online course and got a certification.... big whoop. 80% look completely out of shape and probably wouldnt know the first thing about gaining muscle mass. Just come to my fitness connection and look at their trainers. They are a joke. :facepalm:

if u say so but the main guy i asked for info was a big fucking guy, he looks like a professional and he knows his shit, with college degree, yes we have some small guys that are trainers and im sure they are not as educated, but this guy knows his shit, he has the body of a body builder and his max bench is 500lbs, at 225lbs body weight, we had a competition at the gym so i see him do this with my own eyes. But what do i know!

owell, interesting.....i will try to see if it works myself...

lovebomber
11-19-2009, 10:10 AM
Which location do you go to? ^

HellStorm
11-19-2009, 02:10 PM
if u say so but the main guy i asked for info was a big fucking guy, he looks like a professional and he knows his shit, with college degree, yes we have some small guys that are trainers and im sure they are not as educated, but this guy knows his shit, he has the body of a body builder and his max bench is 500lbs, at 225lbs body weight, we had a competition at the gym so i see him do this with my own eyes. But what do i know!

owell, interesting.....i will try to see if it works myself...

If he knows anything about powerlifting, there shouldnt be any reason he doesnt know about lockouts. Everyone achieves different results in different ways. Gaining strength and muscle mass is not rocket science. I could go push on a wall for 30 minutes everyday and see some kind of results. It all comes down to what works best, and fastest for each individual person. In my case, Lockouts help quite a bit. I have the strength to prove it. :thumb:

But yeah, give it a try, see if it works for you. You should never rely solely on someone elses opinion, when you have the ability to experience it yourself.

mle_92cx
11-20-2009, 02:23 AM
I guess I could see the point in doing partial reps. But if you can only move weight 1" then wtf. You ever seen 700lbs get dropped on someone. Have fun when you hurt yourself "holding" twice what you can actually get off your ass.

Just saying bones are kinda like a board. They can take stress and take stress. then one day they just snap. My opinion is if your only able to bench 350ish max, then slap 450 and do some half reps. Instead of just holding 700lbs and maybe moving it 1".

Thats alot of weight, and if you can't get it off you your SOL, when you break your ribs, jaw, arm, or whatever else when that crap falls and crushes you.

mle_92cx
11-20-2009, 02:33 AM
Another way to look at it is, watch these vids of True powerlifters when they get under these UNREAL weights. And watch their arms/ legs snap like a tooth pick.
These guys are training hard core, Imagine if said powerlifter maxs out on bench at say 750, you think he's going to just hold over 1000lbs. Thats just dumb. too much stress on your joints and bones.

HellStorm
11-20-2009, 10:02 AM
I guess I could see the point in doing partial reps. But if you can only move weight 1" then wtf. You ever seen 700lbs get dropped on someone. Have fun when you hurt yourself "holding" twice what you can actually get off your ass.

Just saying bones are kinda like a board. They can take stress and take stress. then one day they just snap. My opinion is if your only able to bench 350ish max, then slap 450 and do some half reps. Instead of just holding 700lbs and maybe moving it 1".

Thats alot of weight, and if you can't get it off you your SOL, when you break your ribs, jaw, arm, or whatever else when that crap falls and crushes you.
Before you talk about dropping 700 on yourself doing a lockout, why dont you first look how one is done.:thumb:

And I think my bones will be just fine considering its a gradual increase to 700 pounds. Thats the whole point. You are adapting your body to hold heavier weight. Now if I was an idiot, I would take a bunch of steroids and go lift more weight than my bones were ready for and start breaking shit.

mle_92cx
11-20-2009, 02:52 PM
well ive seen guys gradually make their way up to tons of weight. Point is that is alot of stress on your bones. If your basically just holding it, In my opinion Id rather have a weight I can get good reps with. Instead of something i can barley move off the rack. Like I said, good luck with your ways and have fun. Im shooting to bench 700 right now, not just hold it. Seems like my way is going just fine and NO i dont weigh 400lbs, just 255-260.

HellStorm
11-20-2009, 04:05 PM
well ive seen guys gradually make their way up to tons of weight. Point is that is alot of stress on your bones. If your basically just holding it, In my opinion Id rather have a weight I can get good reps with. Instead of something i can barley move off the rack. Like I said, good luck with your ways and have fun. Im shooting to bench 700 right now, not just hold it. Seems like my way is going just fine and NO i dont weigh 400lbs, just 255-260.

So you're talking down to me like I have no clue what I'm doing. Only the way you do things works..... I bet you are nowhere near my strength to weight ratio. Talk all you want and work out however you like, it makes no difference to me. I didnt start this thread to argue with a bunch of idiots that think they know it all. I simply wanted to know if anyone on here does lockouts. I also dont understand how some of you guys cant get it through your head how something like this works. :facepalm: There are plenty of ways to achieve strength and size. Some work better than others for different people. If you arent going to try them, dont worry about it.

mle_92cx
11-23-2009, 08:58 AM
Well if you dont want to hear other peoples point of view, you probley shouldn't be posting in a public forum. As far as strenght to weight Im 6'4" ish and weigh 255lbs, I bench over 500 and could prolly do your lock outs with a ton of weight. But I feel if my bones were to " adapt" to weight, It would be over time. I dont feel like lifting makes your bones any stronger.

Just giving you the way I like to things, as your giving your way of doing things. Not knocking yours just saying IN MY OPINION. I dont feel like Anyones Bones or ligaments would gain anything from basically just holding tons of weight.
But if youd like to turn this into a Dick swinging contest come on down and Lets throw some weight around and see who wins.

HellStorm
11-23-2009, 11:24 AM
Well if you dont want to hear other peoples point of view, you probley shouldn't be posting in a public forum. As far as strenght to weight Im 6'4" ish and weigh 255lbs, I bench over 500 and could prolly do your lock outs with a ton of weight. But I feel if my bones were to " adapt" to weight, It would be over time. I dont feel like lifting makes your bones any stronger.

Just giving you the way I like to things, as your giving your way of doing things. Not knocking yours just saying IN MY OPINION. I dont feel like Anyones Bones or ligaments would gain anything from basically just holding tons of weight.
But if youd like to turn this into a Dick swinging contest come on down and Lets throw some weight around and see who wins.

I dont want to turn this in to a dick swinging contest for sure. But You should take some classes on weight lifting, and maybe some anatomy classes. You can learn a lot about your muscles and bones and all that. YES your bones do get stronger. Your bones are constantly rebuilding and redesigning themselves to cope with their environment. Just think about it... If muscles can become stronger, why would bones be any different. I didnt start this thread really for opinion, but I guess thats what you get on any forum. And if you want to compare a bench, im at about 345x5 and Im 5'10'' and weigh 175lbs. Thats only going a little past parallel though so I dont know what that translates to going all the way down. Before I took off for the summer, I was at 365x5. Before Next summer hits I should be around 450x5. Not sure how much I will weigh then, but it will most likely be less than 200lbs. The rest of my lifts are proportional. I had discussions on my lifts in other threads before, so I dont really want to argue the validity of them again. Look it up if you like. And like I said in the other threads, If you want proof, just come work out with me. Anyways, like I was saying, just do some research on partial reps and lockouts. Give them a try for yourself. I almost certain you will love them. Especially for a guy that wants to bench 700lbs. :thumb:

mle_92cx
11-25-2009, 06:28 PM
well you do put up some good numbers. Like I have said, considering the fact, I have not touched a weight in 3 years before 5-6 months ago. Me being where I am strength wise in really good in my opinion. I dont consider nor brag on anything I dont do a full rep with.

XImmaculateX
12-01-2009, 12:22 PM
so u pick it up and hold it? might try this out how long should i hold the weight up?

whiteboy1634
12-01-2009, 01:01 PM
interesting workout... never really heard about it but after doing some research this sounds like a very effective technique to get out of your plateaus. basically it works the second part of the lift, the part of the lift that we all struggle on trying to squeeze it out basically... you lift the bar, and only lower it a few inches and work with that short range of motion... im going to start hitting these up for a couple of weeks to try and jump past my plateau... seems ive been stuck at similar weights in my squats/deads/bench