PDA

View Full Version : FALL 2009 - Do not get fat thread..

Pages : [1] 2

DUBGURL19
10-22-2009, 05:46 AM
Okay so it is only natural to want to get chubby and pack on that winter blubber!

But we should keep up with our motivational words and pictures.

I have not taken any but I will...

So post em up guys and gals we are your one stop motivation, trainer, nutrition advice etc.

TheSnowMan
10-22-2009, 07:05 AM
Okay so it is only natural to want to get chubby and pack on that winter blubber!

But we should keep up with our motivational words and pictures.

I have not taken any but I will...

So post em up guys and gals we are your one stop motivation, trainer, nutrition advice etc.

I am still bulking for winter so I have no pictures. I hate this phase makes me feel so fat.

Right now I am doing strength training, and in November and December I will be going for size. So I will have before and after pics when I start that, and then in January I get to start cutting, yay!

R.J.
10-22-2009, 08:34 AM
I have not lifted a weight in over a month but I've been eating a lot less and cleaner than before. Looking to lean down and then get back to the weights at the beginning of next month.

Cholesterol
10-22-2009, 08:37 AM
havent been to the gym in a while but ive been running
Im planning on going back this weekend and stay there
Ive lost some pounds running so Im happy

DUBGURL19
10-22-2009, 08:41 AM
OMG What are you guys doing? Already a page full of excuses?

I am bulking too but remember bulking does not mean eat whatever you want - fat does not = muscle

Put on muscle not fat...

I start my off season diet and it is pretty much still the same types of food exception I get some yellow in my eggs and I get carbs for a few meals a day...

Bob'sBurgers
10-22-2009, 08:44 AM
i need to loose my belly it looks gross since i appear slim...
any suggestions

Jeebus
10-22-2009, 08:44 AM
Going on just about 2 months. Dropped over 10 punds so far and starting to look somewhat more muscular, very small gains I guess because I mix a small amount of cardio each day. The weekends are really killing me, I slack off so bad and eat like crap on the weekends that it makes the whole weekdays of eating clean pretty much useless. Must kick this habit:hsrun:. Might post up some shots once I get to 3 months:)

TheSnowMan
10-22-2009, 08:50 AM
any suggestions

eat right, exercise, do cardio....rinse and repeat...

DUBGURL19
10-22-2009, 08:51 AM
any suggestions

Belly = diet! Just add some minor tweaks to your diet and you should see results at first, once you stop seeing results you will need another tweak.

DUBGURL19
10-22-2009, 08:52 AM
Going on just about 2 months. Dropped over 10 punds so far and starting to look somewhat more muscular, very small gains I guess because I mix a small amount of cardio each day. The weekends are really killing me, I slack off so bad and eat like crap on the weekends that it makes the whole weekdays of eating clean pretty much useless. Must kick this habit:hsrun:. Might post up some shots once I get to 3 months:)

Oh man! This is actually classic! You know you could easily consume a whole weeks worth of calories in 2 days? you could be undoing everything you work hard during the week for.

Try to keep your cheats to one meal a day and eat clean the rest of the time.

DUBGURL19
10-22-2009, 08:53 AM
I am within 10lbs of contest weight and I do not plan on going over that. : )

Red
10-22-2009, 08:56 AM
been at it since may but only down 15 lbs. oh well.

rodneeking
10-22-2009, 09:01 AM
Still eating clean for the most part with a cheat meal or 2 on the weekend, and working pretty hard. Adding different routines and adjusting cardio to more jump roping when I can’t go run.

Bob'sBurgers
10-22-2009, 09:09 AM
Belly = diet! Just add some minor tweaks to your diet and you should see results at first, once you stop seeing results you will need another tweak.

like what are good examples of diets? because i loose weight and then gain it right back again... i used to be lean with muscles. thats when girls notice me and got into relationships and did a lot of party/ club drinking which lead me to getting fat and flabby
:Realsad:
and good work outs for my stomach?

rodneeking
10-22-2009, 09:14 AM
like what are good examples of diets? because i loose weight and then gain it right back again... i used to be lean with muscles. thats when girls notice me and got into relationships and did a lot of party/ club drinking which lead me to getting fat and flabby
and good work outs for my stomach?

Just eating clean and healthy, eating at the right time without over eating, and exercising. You canít lose weight in one spot of your body, cardio will help rid your body of the flab. I guess since itís your mid section youíre worried about, doing different ab/core exercises to strengthen and build your ab muscles will help as well so when you do lose the fat it wonít still be all soft and it will form that area better.

Bob'sBurgers
10-22-2009, 09:48 AM
Just eating clean and healthy, eating at the right time without over eating, and exercising. You canít lose weight in one spot of your body, cardio will help rid your body of the flab. I guess since itís your mid section youíre worried about, doing different ab/core exercises to strengthen and build your ab muscles will help as well so when you do lose the fat it wonít still be all soft and it will form that area better.

any good suggestions? like good websites of ab work outs/ dieting?

Jeebus
10-22-2009, 09:53 AM
Oh man! This is actually classic! You know you could easily consume a whole weeks worth of calories in 2 days? you could be undoing everything you work hard during the week for.

Try to keep your cheats to one meal a day and eat clean the rest of the time.
I hope you mean 1 a week lol.
any good suggestions? like good websites of ab work outs/ dieting?
Theres plenty of sites if you google. I looked at a few on this site that Jstuff posted in one of the other threads. Its more for bulking but scroll around and you'll see a few ab work outs that you might want to try.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw31.htm

Bob'sBurgers
10-22-2009, 09:54 AM
http://houston-imports.com/forums/image.php?u=18879&dateline=1244595335
thanx JEEEEEEEBUS

DUBGURL19
10-22-2009, 10:30 AM
I hope you mean 1 a week lol.

Theres plenty of sites if you google. I looked at a few on this site that Jstuff posted in one of the other threads. Its more for bulking but scroll around and you'll see a few ab work outs that you might want to try.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw31.htm

Lol I meant one a day on the weekend - not the whole Week!

+1 for www.bodybuilding.com

Or check out muscle and fitness - Pick up a flex magazine.

Abs are funny because you can train them for hours and you will never see progress unless your diet is clean.

rodneeking
10-22-2009, 10:51 AM
bodybuilding.com is a great site, full of motivation. Especially the fat to fit thread. There's a lot of good info in the other thread here too. The summertime progress w/ pics that Dubgirl started. It got a lot of people motivated.

DUBGURL19
10-22-2009, 12:08 PM
Hopefully we can keep it up!

It is easy to stay motivated for Summer because we run around half naked, when we are covered up it is different.. So lets keep up the momentum guys and gal, holiday dinners coming so eat clean most of the time that way you can indulge on specific days.

Bob'sBurgers
10-22-2009, 01:26 PM
Hopefully we can keep it up!

It is easy to stay motivated for Summer because we run around half naked, when we are covered up it is different.. So lets keep up the momentum guys and gal, holiday dinners coming so eat clean most of the time that way you can indulge on specific days.

i wish i could take off my shirt... lol i would everyone

Lou!
10-22-2009, 04:28 PM
I feel proud of us (Ngoc and I) we have been going at it since May. We did really well during the summer since I was off, but slowed down after I went back to work. I have lost a total of 20 lbs. I was at 138 and now weight 118. I feel better about myself! I picked up running as a hobby and it has helped me a lot.

:) Keep up the good work everyone and stop making excuses and just DO IT!!

I want to post pics, ill see if Ngoc wants to take some of me.

Red
10-22-2009, 09:31 PM
nope. not gonna happen.

J Stuff
10-22-2009, 09:36 PM
fall/winter cut for me

down 2.4lbs in 5 days. Has not been this drastic since i went from 232 to 170.

Currently at 162.0 today well see what happens.

Spacing out 5 meals a day, adequate protein and a lotta water.

DUBGURL19
10-23-2009, 05:23 AM
Great news! Keep up the momentum and dont give up - If you mess up dont let it ruin your whole day.

The more you eat clean the more your body can recover from a mess up.

Bob'sBurgers
10-23-2009, 07:08 AM
Great news! Keep up the momentum and dont give up - If you mess up dont let it ruin your whole day.

The more you eat clean the more your body can recover from a mess up.

i havent eating anything other protein shakes
and bench press like crazy yesterday...:thumb:

rodneeking
10-23-2009, 08:45 AM
I find the best workout days are the days that you don't feel like working out. Especially when it comes to cardio. Like everyone is saying, just do it and don't give up! Compromising is setting yourself up for failure.

ryk
10-23-2009, 08:57 AM
I am bulking too but remember bulking does not mean eat whatever you want - fat does not = muscle

Put on muscle not fat...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/images/2007/brawn42.jpg

DUBGURL19
10-23-2009, 11:48 AM
i havent eating anything other protein shakes
and bench press like crazy yesterday...:thumb:

Okay here is the problem with that...

If you are trying to lose fat, your body take up more energy and burns more calories to burn real food, the protein shakes your body does not work as hard to burn them...

So have a protein shake but make sure you are eating lean protein and veggies.

Bob'sBurgers
10-23-2009, 11:56 AM
like what steam shicken and veggies? any other suggestions?

Jeebus
10-23-2009, 11:58 AM
I eat mostly fish, grilled chicken, canned tuna, and steak for lean protein. Although the steak may not be that lean, it still taste good lol. Nothing but vegetables as well along with brown rice. Peanut butter sandwiches for snacks if Im hungry in between meals. I got me a George Forman grille and its seriously made my life a whole lot easier. I dont know how to cook so with this I just throw it on there and a few minutes later its done. The food gets boring after a while but Im getting use to it and on the weekends I cheat anyways.

tiedupfool
10-23-2009, 12:03 PM
step 1 - stop smoking for me after I finish this last pack

Bob'sBurgers
10-23-2009, 12:07 PM
I eat mostly fish, grilled chicken, canned tuna, and steak for lean protein. Although the steak may not be that lean, it still taste good lol. Nothing but vegetables as well along with brown rice. Peanut butter sandwiches for snacks if Im hungry in between meals. I got me a George Forman grille and its seriously made my life a whole lot easier. I dont know how to cook so with this I just throw it on there and a few minutes later its done. The food gets boring after a while but Im getting use to it and on the weekends I cheat anyways.

lol GEORGE FOREMAN.... man im hungry... i forgot my lunch at home

DUBGURL19
10-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Protein
Lean ground beef
bison
turkey
chicken
fish - talapia, salmon

Vegtables
anything green stay away from carrots and corn

carbs
sweet potatoes
brown rice
rice cakes

george forman is a life saver!

do0nt fret if your forgot your lunch grab a subway - oven roasted chicken breast try half the wheat bread or not bread

You will be good to go - or a salad

Jeebus
10-23-2009, 12:12 PM
Whats wrong with carrots and corn?

rodneeking
10-23-2009, 12:16 PM
Whats wrong with carrots and corn?

Corn has a higher sugar content I believe, correct me if I'm wrong though. Ish is good though, I try to keep it to a minimum if it's around.

Carrots I have no idea why.

Jeebus
10-23-2009, 12:19 PM
I eat corn maybe twice a week at most. I looked at the label and really didnt see much wrong with it. I get the canned one with no added salt and all I have to do is put it in for a couple seconds in the microwave and its good to go. Carrots I eat once or twice a week so Im wondering why they are bad.

Bob'sBurgers
10-23-2009, 12:24 PM
Corn has a higher sugar content I believe, correct me if I'm wrong though. Ish is good though, I try to keep it to a minimum if it's around.

Carrots I have no idea why.
corn supports lungs, maintains memory, energy production
carrots are good for the eyes

rodneeking
10-23-2009, 12:37 PM
If I eat corn i try to keep it to the fresh corn on the cob and just boil it. sometimes I'll dothe frozen corn.

Carrots i usually just have shavings in my salad for extra veggies I guess.

TheSnowMan
10-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Okay so lean ground beef is an okay protein? I was never sure on the answer to that, and how lean are we talking. Also what are some good healthy dishes for ground beef?

rodneeking
10-23-2009, 01:41 PM
You can grill lean ground beef for burgers but use whole grain buns if you decided to eat it with bread, unless you do a carbless burger.

Jeebus
10-23-2009, 01:54 PM
I was thinking about doing that and just eating the patty. Wasnt sure how lean ground beef was though.

rodneeking
10-23-2009, 01:55 PM
I usually do that and just eat the patty with a salad or something. Trying to keep the carbs at bay.

winc281
10-23-2009, 04:33 PM
I've been eating a lot healthier the last couple months since school started and it's made a difference. Instead of hitting the drive thru everyday for lunch, I'll just hit the grocery store on Mon and buy stuff to prepare at work. Usually eat a wrap or a sandwich and some fruit for lunch. Also cut out the sodas. Used to drink at least 1 coke a day but now I might drink 1 a week if that. Also cut back on the late night munchies after the bar. I know all the boozing on the weekends doesn't help but I don't see myself quitting that. Need to start hitting the weights. Need to do some cardio too but I hate running. Thinking about fixing the flats on my mountain bike and ride around my neighborhood.

You can grill lean ground beef for burgers but use whole grain buns if you decided to eat it with bread, unless you do a carbless burger.

Helps to load it up with veggies to to help make you full.

ChuyiN
10-26-2009, 07:35 AM
I'm seeing good progress on my diet/workouts since i started. I've cut on fast food, sodas, and beer and I've seen a big difference. so far my "belly" is gone :) and im gaining more muscle..I am very happy with my results and seeing all the pictures from you guys it keeps motivating me to work harder and harder.. I will post pictures later this week..

ChuyiN
10-26-2009, 07:39 AM

I was the same as you on the weekends dude, but I cut on fast food and beer ( which is a big sacrifice for me lol) and i've seen amazing results. Focus on your goals and make sacrifices and at the end you will be happy.

winc281
10-26-2009, 01:17 PM
I cut on fast food and beer ( which is a big sacrifice for me lol)

That's my problem. Cut out alot of fast food but I can't quit the boozing. Always something coming up on the weekends which causes me to go out and drink alot.

DUBGURL19
10-26-2009, 01:24 PM
There is nothing wrong with carrots or corn as a whole they are just not good vegtables for leaning out - they are not too much substnace.

It is like a cheat vegtable, that is why they taste different a little sweet. It has to do with the gylcemic index and your bodys response to the glucose levels.

They are not bad at all but if you are trying to lean out and eat the most food with the least amount of calories and sugar levels stay away from them.

The diet for someone trying to lean is differnent that one for mass or maintaining....

DUBGURL19
10-26-2009, 01:25 PM
I was thinking about doing that and just eating the patty. Wasnt sure how lean ground beef was though.

Lean like 93/7 eat it with other clean proteins

I usually just cook and throw over squash and zuchinni then put some hot sauce on it . :)

it is my fake taco salad.

Bob'sBurgers
10-29-2009, 07:28 AM
There is nothing wrong with carrots or corn as a whole they are just not good vegtables for leaning out - they are not too much substnace.

It is like a cheat vegtable, that is why they taste different a little sweet. It has to do with the gylcemic index and your bodys response to the glucose levels.

They are not bad at all but if you are trying to lean out and eat the most food with the least amount of calories and sugar levels stay away from them.

The diet for someone trying to lean is differnent that one for mass or maintaining....

wow i didnt know that

DUBGURL19
10-29-2009, 07:33 AM
something else like carrots slow digestion and if you want to speed it up to lean out you should try like zuchinni and squash.

Jeebus
10-29-2009, 07:35 AM
body fat is down to 17-18% according to the accu-measure body fat tester I bought. Im wondering how accurate this thing really is though. When I started 2 months ago I was at 22% or so.

rodneeking
10-29-2009, 07:43 AM
is it one of those calipers? or is it one of those electronic ones with the hand grips that have you input information and stuff?

Jeebus
10-29-2009, 07:43 AM
its the plastic caliper.

ryk
10-29-2009, 08:01 AM
body fat is down to 17-18% according to the accu-measure body fat tester I bought. Im wondering how accurate this thing really is though. When I started 2 months ago I was at 22% or so.

Congrats!!
You must be on roids.

TheSnowMan
10-29-2009, 08:28 AM

Congrats dude. It is possible to lose up to 3% bodyfat a month. I am sure you can lose more but that is always a good base goal. The accu-measures are pretty accurate. You just need to make sure you do it in the same spot every time. That way it might not give you a "true" body fat reading but it will still show if you are making progress or not.

:thumb:

Mazda6
10-29-2009, 12:19 PM
i just need input from these things that I do to try to burn the extra fat.

Im 150, 5'9.5 with a waist size of 28.5. Guy at 24hour use the pinching of the fat and calculated my bf to be around 12%. I been focusing on getting a six pack doing p90x abs ripper and weight crunch the last month and seen good progress but also Im trying to burn the extra fat.

I drink sugar free carbs free energy drinks beginning with breakfast and spread it out the entire day (2 can max). I read caffeine can burn fat.

I take 2x 1000mg fish oil for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I dont take them in the small meals thinking its too much. Is that overdoing it cause I also read Omega 3s burn fat and fish oil does the job.

I throw in Green tea breakfast and another time during the day usually for dinner. ECCO? or something like that (sorry for my noobness)

I do 6-10 hours of tennis per day 6 days a week so the cardio is there and I do weights 4 out of 7 days. Just trying to get rip cause I wont be able to get big because of the cardio of tennis.

Any other fat burning tips to burn the very last drop? I am trying for 8%

DUBGURL19
10-29-2009, 01:12 PM
Congrats!!
You must be on roids.

Are you being serious?

Congrats Jeebus in order to lose body fat like that you must be really strict on diet and exercise. Congrats! Be proud of your accomplishment.

DUBGURL19
10-29-2009, 01:13 PM
i just need input from these things that I do to try to burn the extra fat.

Im 150, 5'9.5 with a waist size of 28.5. Guy at 24hour use the pinching of the fat and calculated my bf to be around 12%. I been focusing on getting a six pack doing p90x abs ripper and weight crunch the last month and seen good progress but also Im trying to burn the extra fat.

I drink sugar free carbs free energy drinks beginning with breakfast and spread it out the entire day (2 can max). I read caffeine can burn fat.

I take 2x 1000mg fish oil for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I dont take them in the small meals thinking its too much. Is that overdoing it cause I also read Omega 3s burn fat and fish oil does the job.

I throw in Green tea breakfast and another time during the day usually for dinner. ECCO? or something like that (sorry for my noobness)

I do 6-10 hours of tennis per day 6 days a week so the cardio is there and I do weights 4 out of 7 days. Just trying to get rip cause I wont be able to get big because of the cardio of tennis.

Any other fat burning tips to burn the very last drop? I am trying for 8%

You sound pretty lean already but I understand trying to drop it down. Everything sounds good - but you forgot what do you eat?

Jeebus
10-29-2009, 01:19 PM
Congrats dude. It is possible to lose up to 3% bodyfat a month. I am sure you can lose more but that is always a good base goal. The accu-measures are pretty accurate. You just need to make sure you do it in the same spot every time. That way it might not give you a "true" body fat reading but it will still show if you are making progress or not.

Thanks, thats what I been doing is using the same spot. I do know there is progress because I can tell I slimmed down a lot as well, I just wasn't sure how accurate the accu-measures were.
Are you being serious?

Congrats Jeebus in order to lose body fat like that you must be really strict on diet and exercise. Congrats! Be proud of your accomplishment.

He's joking, its about the 5 year old kid in another thread who is cut up and people assume he's on roids lol. Thanks, I try to eat pretty lean throughout the whole week even though I slack off on weekends. Im really just getting use to it, work hard during the week and kick back the weekend. You guys were right, I'm more motivated now than I have ever been now that Im seeing some results. Im planning to stick to this for a while.:thumb: I got several months worth of ON protein so atleast until i finish that:rofl:

ryk
10-29-2009, 02:52 PM
Are you being serious?

I was kidding - it's in refference to mine and jeebus' posts in this thread.
http://www.houston-imports.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10327391#post10327391

*edit
shit. I just saw that fit n sexy jeebus posted already.
I'm such a newb.

rodneeking
10-29-2009, 02:52 PM
Out of curiosity, does anyone workout even though they’re ill? Besides working out at the gym like if you had your own would you still work out? I’m pretty stubborn and don’t like to break my routine. I was just wondering if anyone else works out no matter the circumstances. Kinda feel like i'm coming down with something but not sure.

TheSnowMan
10-29-2009, 04:28 PM
Out of curiosity, does anyone workout even though theyíre ill? Besides working out at the gym like if you had your own would you still work out? Iím pretty stubborn and donít like to break my routine. I was just wondering if anyone else works out no matter the circumstances. Kinda feel like i'm coming down with something but not sure.

I work out even if I am getting sick. Usually do a lot lighter weight than my normal days but I don't like to start the excuses of missing.

DUBGURL19
10-30-2009, 05:32 AM
Out of curiosity, does anyone workout even though theyíre ill? Besides working out at the gym like if you had your own would you still work out? Iím pretty stubborn and donít like to break my routine. I was just wondering if anyone else works out no matter the circumstances. Kinda feel like i'm coming down with something but not sure.

The rule of thumb when working out while ill is something like if it is from the head up you are okay to work out low intensity probably just a cold but if your body is achy you should rest...

I see ryk and jeebus - I was about to pounce can you tell? lol

DUBGURL19
10-30-2009, 05:35 AM
Im really just getting use to it

Hmm, this is the excuse I hear all the time! If you are serious man dont get use to it make it your life!

Then eat clean most the time and when you have a cheat meal you will be good - if you go into the weekend with the mentality "i get to cheat all weekend" you could blow any progress you make during the week.

Reality bro - Discipline it is what sets the strong apart from the weak - mentally and physically

ryk
10-30-2009, 07:00 AM
The rule of thumb when working out while ill is something like if it is from the head up you are okay to work out low intensity probably just a cold but if your body is achy you should rest...

I see ryk and jeebus - I was about to pounce can you tell? lol

Damn, woman... you can punce on me anytime. I won't mind. :hsugh:

I read in a mens health mag that it was unwise to workout when you're sick because your body is trying to fight the illness and you just make it worse by exhausting yourself (or something like that). If I feel sick, I don't workout at all. Being sick sucks balls and if there's an iota of a chance that I can eliminate that illness quicker, I take it.

TheSnowMan
10-30-2009, 07:24 AM
Yes, but can we really take men's health seriously???

ryk
10-30-2009, 07:30 AM
Yes, but can we really take men's health seriously???

Funny... that's EXACTLY what a body builder friend of mine said.

TheSnowMan
10-30-2009, 11:53 AM
Funny... that's EXACTLY what a body builder friend of mine said.

:roflmao::roflmao::thumb:

rodneeking
10-30-2009, 12:10 PM
I ended up not being sick, just freaking burned out and tired so I KO'ed when I got home. I made it up by doing a little yesterday and then working out extra today. Gonna bust it extra tomorrow and play some ball on sunday to make up too. I HATE missing days.

DUBGURL19
10-30-2009, 12:17 PM
Damn, woman... you can punce on me anytime. I won't mind. :hsugh:

I read in a mens health mag that it was unwise to workout when you're sick because your body is trying to fight the illness and you just make it worse by exhausting yourself (or something like that). If I feel sick, I don't workout at all. Being sick sucks balls and if there's an iota of a chance that I can eliminate that illness quicker, I take it.

You have to listen to your body - you should be able to identify a cold from allergies from a full on infection..

Be smart but also dont infect others at the gym - we dont like to be sick

tofuspeedster
10-30-2009, 06:41 PM
No phone call return Ryk. lols.

rodneeking
10-31-2009, 12:45 PM
today is an awesome day for cardio outside!

ChuyiN
11-02-2009, 07:46 AM
Hmm, this is the excuse I hear all the time! If you are serious man dont get use to it make it your life!

Then eat clean most the time and when you have a cheat meal you will be good - if you go into the weekend with the mentality "i get to cheat all weekend" you could blow any progress you make during the week.

Reality bro - Discipline it is what sets the strong apart from the weak - mentally and physically

:thumb: well said.. i had the same mentality. i work hard during the week and slack off during the weekends, but didnt see myself progressing as i wanted to. I decided to eat clean on weekends and leave beer behind and let me tell you in 4 weeks i've seen better results.

I still got a long way to go, but im working day by day to achive my goals.

DUBGURL19
11-02-2009, 08:01 AM
People always want to reward themselves by eating bad - but I think you should focus most of your energy on eating good majority of the time and then when you have a special occassion or slip up your good....

Hell yes it is hard and takes alot of work and dedication but that is what is going to give you the results./

DUBGURL19
11-03-2009, 05:50 AM
today is an awesome day for cardio outside!

All week is going to be like that!

Any early birds in here? Like workout 5am?

ChuyiN
11-03-2009, 06:40 AM
about two months ago or so I use to wake up around 5:30 am and run, but i've started to get lazy and go to bed late and dont wake up early lol.

rodneeking
11-03-2009, 11:42 AM
All week is going to be like that!

Any early birds in here? Like workout 5am?

Awesome, I had no idea. It's perfect running weather!

Used to, i do all my working out now in the afternoon after work or morning to mid day on my days off. I like to sleep in since I wake up early for work every day.

Bob'sBurgers
11-03-2009, 11:46 AM
im riding my bike to work... damn people cant drive i almost got hit the other day.

http://houston-imports.com/forums/image.php?u=189&dateline=1257252738 is that u dubgurl19?

mr toolio
11-03-2009, 12:06 PM
I update everything daily here

www.adamdphotography.com/fitness

DUBGURL19
11-03-2009, 12:21 PM
im riding my bike to work... damn people cant drive i almost got hit the other day.

http://houston-imports.com/forums/image.php?u=189&dateline=1257252738 is that u dubgurl19?

Yeah that is me...lol.

DUBGURL19
11-03-2009, 12:23 PM

It is all about the dip and the V in the back on chiks that is hot. For my competition you could fit your fist in the indention in my back - it was so awesome...

Bob'sBurgers
11-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Yeah that is me...lol.
SHEXY!:loveeyes:

nice.... i wish i had a bod remotely close to yours

DUBGURL19
11-03-2009, 12:24 PM

Like dis

http://www.hi-upload.com/upload/uploaded12/back.jpg

DUBGURL19
11-03-2009, 12:26 PM
SHEXY!:loveeyes:

nice.... i wish i had a bod remotely close to yours

Thanks! It is was hard work and really strict diet for my competition. :) But all worth it...

Bob'sBurgers
11-03-2009, 12:26 PM
Like dis

http://www.hi-upload.com/upload/uploaded12/back.jpg

DAAYYYUUUUMMMM!!!!

:naughty: hell YEAH

:leghump:

Bob'sBurgers
11-03-2009, 12:35 PM
anymore pics? hmmm hmmm?

mr toolio
11-03-2009, 12:44 PM
back fisting LOL..

DUBGURL19
11-03-2009, 02:46 PM
back fisting LOL..

Wow now that sounds creepy...lol I guess I started it didnt I...

Yeah I got lots of pics in the Summer 09 thread.. We were updating our progress speaking of...

STILL WAITING ON SOME PROGRESS PICS PEOPLE.

Bob'sBurgers
11-04-2009, 07:49 AM

Yeah I got lots of pics in the Summer 09 thread.. We were updating our progress speaking of...

i was only kidding when i posted those comments, i dont want to give people nightmares thats why i dont post some up.

Red
11-04-2009, 08:43 AM

lol you cant get it going like i used to.

i been flucutating a lot in weight lately. all the stress and other problems going on, and to top it off im a bout to take a week off for vacation in cali. i always gain weight when i go back to cali...

lately i've only been going to the gym to stay active, do a lil bit of everything but im going to start walking to the gym starting today, its a 2 minute drive, i figure its a 10 minute walk. its literally a right/left/right/right away from my apt.

new goal is for march, i want to be picture ready for my next class.

mr toolio
11-04-2009, 10:04 AM
My goal is July since I will be heading to the beaches of Florida for a week! want to lose 65 lbs and gain about 20lbs of muscle.

DUBGURL19
11-04-2009, 10:13 AM
lol you cant get it going like i used to.

i been flucutating a lot in weight lately. all the stress and other problems going on, and to top it off im a bout to take a week off for vacation in cali. i always gain weight when i go back to cali...

lately i've only been going to the gym to stay active, do a lil bit of everything but im going to start walking to the gym starting today, its a 2 minute drive, i figure its a 10 minute walk. its literally a right/left/right/right away from my apt.

new goal is for march, i want to be picture ready for my next class.

:( People suck that is why

I am trying really hard to work on building muscle thinking about going to a 4 day split with wednesday off to recover - what you think Ngoc?

I have 3 shows next year so I have roughly 6 months to build as much muscle as I can.

Red
11-04-2009, 11:35 AM
muscle building id go with 2 days on one day off in a push/pull type setup.

DUBGURL19
11-04-2009, 12:12 PM
I like push pull! I got a routine for that...

edex
11-04-2009, 12:21 PM
man, my weight has been flucuating too: between school, studying and work... my food intake is way off too. full time school + work= ftl

Haven't gone to the gym in two weeks. :hsrun:

I'm just in damage control right now: trying to gain the least amount of weight till I finish this semester. Then I'm hitting the gym and my diet hard.

Red
11-04-2009, 12:36 PM
I like push pull! I got a routine for that...
id also do as many compound exercises as you can and keep isolation for your next cut phase. i used to try and do isolations on my off/active rest day but that didnt last long. its hard to give 100% into muscle building because you have to increase calorie intake AND increase rest time. but after a cut phase or contest, you try to do whatever you can to keep the "look good naked" look.

ChuyiN
11-04-2009, 12:45 PM

explain push/pull type setup?

DUBGURL19
11-04-2009, 01:10 PM
man, my weight has been flucuating too: between school, studying and work... my food intake is way off too. full time school + work= ftl

Haven't gone to the gym in two weeks. :hsrun:

I'm just in damage control right now: trying to gain the least amount of weight till I finish this semester. Then I'm hitting the gym and my diet hard.

EXCUSE! I am a full time student, have a full time job, full time mom and an competitor- If it is important enough you will make the time.

DUBGURL19
11-04-2009, 01:14 PM
id also do as many compound exercises as you can and keep isolation for your next cut phase. i used to try and do isolations on my off/active rest day but that didnt last long. its hard to give 100% into muscle building because you have to increase calorie intake AND increase rest time. but after a cut phase or contest, you try to do whatever you can to keep the "look good naked" look.

Oh I am mass consumption! All good food though I know I am going to gain but it is the only way I can compete bigger - For me the hardest part is the resting, I am so use to training long hours and for 5 to 6 days so the rest is the hard part.

Red
11-04-2009, 01:33 PM
if you're lifting hard enough and creating enough of a demand, you wont have any problems wanting to rest more. your body will demand it.

Bob'sBurgers
11-04-2009, 02:13 PM
NO time for sore muscles= steriods

DUBGURL19
11-04-2009, 02:51 PM
if you're lifting hard enough and creating enough of a demand, you wont have any problems wanting to rest more. your body will demand it.

Explains alot! I did not know what was going on...

Why is off season even as hard or if not harder than on season? shesh/

ryk
11-04-2009, 03:03 PM

Oh man... you speak the truth. I've been getting the bestest sleep ever since I started my mass cycle and changed my lifting routine. And I konk out soooo easily. I love it.

Red
11-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Explains alot! I did not know what was going on...

Why is off season even as hard or if not harder than on season? shesh/

off season is more mental then physical.

DUBGURL19
11-05-2009, 05:32 AM
off season is more mental then physical.

That is what on season is.... "just say no to sweets just say no to sweets" or dont take a bite of that food or man that cake looks good will one slice hurt me? lol

Now it is like Man this is alot of oatmeal I dont think I can finish or can i curl a 30?

:) I just wont go out for 6 months then when I start leaning again nobody will know I put on weight...

I can see a difference in the way my weight is distributed, I took today off my body is aching.... so sore!!!

Red
11-06-2009, 07:57 AM
dont make the mistake i and a few others did and rush into it. my lower back will forever haunt me and i remember it clearly the day i actually fucked shit up.

now everytime i get into a good leg work out, the next week or two is hell because of inflamation. cant sit or walk without feeling pain. i need to get a MRI and see whats going on.

ryk
11-06-2009, 08:25 AM
Damn dude...I feel for you. Back injury is some serious shit. I had 2 herniated discs and 1 ruptured disc. I was ouf for 6 weeks after the surgery.

Jeebus
11-06-2009, 08:28 AM
Damn, how do you guys hurt your backs that bad? Its one of the reasons Ive stayed away from free weights when it comes to working out my back, I dont want to mess anything up:-/

ChuyiN
11-06-2009, 08:35 AM
Damn, how do you guys hurt your backs that bad? Its one of the reasons Ive stayed away from free weights when it comes to working out my back, I dont want to mess anything up:-/

now that you talk about hurting your back, yesterday i was doin deadlifts and this guy next to me was doin it all wrong and had good amount of weight.. i was like hope he doesnt get inujured.. I like doing deadlifts, but i got to be careful the posture of my body .

ryk
11-06-2009, 08:43 AM

My back injury was no joke. I ruptured a disc so bad that it was pushing against my sciatic nerve and caused severe numbness and limited use of my right leg. I herniated 1 disc by lifting a bag of weed n feed incorrectly. I thought it was just a sore muscle so I continued to lift weights. Then I was doing "good mornings" with a more weight then I could handle. And I had bad form (I wasn't maintaining the natural arch in my back). I wasn't too educated on proper lifting techniques and weight control. I had this thought that the more weight I do, the better my workout. :facepalm: (SO FKING WRONG)
This lead me to get get more educated on form and weight control from a personal trainer.
Since then, I don't lift without a lifting belt and mirror. I use the mirror to make sure that my form is always on point. It's strange how you'll find yourself slacking if you don't pay attention to it.

Granted, I'm still a bit hesitant when doing bent over barbell rows or squats.

moleman
11-06-2009, 08:50 AM
dont forget your belts guys

Jeebus
11-06-2009, 10:21 AM
Ouch. Sounds painful, Ryk.

I had a question. I usually do a small amount of cardio before each workout every day. Its not much, just 1.5 miles running and .25 walking to cool down. I've read how cardio goes against building muscle but and how it drains a lot of your energy you could be using for lifting. My question is, would it be better to start with lifting first and do cardio once Im done? Or would it really not make a difference?

jnguyen26
11-06-2009, 10:26 AM

I had a question. I usually do a small amount of cardio before each workout every day. Its not much, just 1.5 miles running and .25 walking to cool down. I've read how cardio goes against building muscle but and how it drains a lot of your energy you could be using for lifting. My question is, would it be better to start with lifting first and do cardio once Im done? Or would it really not make a difference?

weight training first. then take ur aminos. then do ur cardio....:ninja:secretsssss.....

AznJoe
11-06-2009, 10:37 AM
weight training first. then take ur aminos. then do ur cardio....:ninja:secretsssss.....

hey are you down for flag football?

jnguyen26
11-06-2009, 10:40 AM
hey are you down for flag football?

no.. but TACKLE football. hell yes

Jeebus
11-06-2009, 11:10 AM
hmm, I haven't been taking aminos. maybe its time I start looking into other supplements besides the protein I been taking. Problem is the past few times I went to GNC there was a guy who barely knew where the products were kept or an older lady who was more concentrated on painting her nails than helping me so they weren't much help:facepalm:. Ill have to swing by the place on i-10 you guys talk about and see what kind of help the guy that works there can offer. For now I will just go to lifting first and finish it off with cardio.:thumb:

ryk
11-06-2009, 11:29 AM
hmm, I haven't been taking aminos. maybe its time I start looking into other supplements besides the protein I been taking. Problem is the past few times I went to GNC there was a guy who barely knew where the products were kept or an older lady who was more concentrated on painting her nails than helping me so they weren't much help:facepalm:. Ill have to swing by the place on i-10 you guys talk about and see what kind of help the guy that works there can offer. For now I will just go to lifting first and finish it off with cardio.:thumb:

:facepalm: yet another reason why I like the nutrition depot I go to instead of GNC. They know soooooooooo much. Jimmy on the weekends or Justin on the weekdays. :bowdown:

ChuyiN
11-06-2009, 11:52 AM
:facepalm: yet another reason why I like the nutrition depot I go to instead of GNC. They know soooooooooo much. Jimmy on the weekends or Justin on the weekdays. :bowdown:

u sir speak the truth.. jeebus go to thhe ND on I-10 an bunkerhill you wont be dissapointed..

ChuyiN
11-06-2009, 12:00 PM

thats exactly what i did a month and half and didnt see much muscle gains. (running before lifting). Now I've change cardio for Mondays and Wednesdays and i've seen better results. If you buy aminos buy xtend from scivation, it has good reviews and justin recommended to me :thumb: ..

Red
11-06-2009, 12:07 PM
belts dont do shit kyle.

moleman
11-06-2009, 12:11 PM
ok....

DUBGURL19
11-09-2009, 09:11 AM
I have an update that I am excited about - I am now curling 30lb dumbells....

I know it may not seem like alot for you guys but it makes me *smile*

rodneeking
11-09-2009, 11:43 AM
congrats! it feels good to be lifting more than you were previously.

honhatchisbak
11-09-2009, 01:34 PM

its always a good feeling to lift more.

Lou!
11-09-2009, 04:13 PM

That's awesome. The most I ever did was 20 lbs.

PlatES300
11-09-2009, 05:36 PM
dont make the mistake i and a few others did and rush into it. my lower back will forever haunt me and i remember it clearly the day i actually fucked shit up.

now everytime i get into a good leg work out, the next week or two is hell because of inflamation. cant sit or walk without feeling pain. i need to get a MRI and see whats going on.

I messed up my back at work lifting some heavy stuff. I found out about a month later that I slipped a disc and that particular disc has my sciatic nerve pinched. Needless to say, I have a shocking pain going from my left hip all the way down to my foot. I can't stand for longer than 15 minutes at a time without my leg shaking from the pain. This was back 4 years ago when I was 20. The pain is still there but much more manageable even though I feel it every morning when I wake up. I'm starting up on the weights but I am avoiding any exercises that require lower back/back. Back injuries are no joke so don't take them lightly. be careful when lifting.

TLontheDL
11-09-2009, 06:03 PM
I think belts just "remind" you to keep your back straight but it doesn't prevent back injury

Which amino suppliments are you guys taking? amino acid ones? which brand do you guys recommend?

DUBGURL19
11-09-2009, 06:33 PM
That's awesome. The most I ever did was 20 lbs.

I stayed at 20 forever! I think I was afraid to go further... but you never know till you try it. :)

DUBGURL19
11-10-2009, 08:17 AM

This setup up is kicking my ass!!!! I have not been sore like this for a long time. Routine looks like this

Monday - Push - Chest, Front delt, side delt
Incline press
decline press
incline flye
pec dec fly
military press
db side lat
cable side lat

Tuesday - Pull back, trap, rear delt
deadlift
t bar row
front pulldown
one arm db row
straight arm row
shrugs
db rear lat
back extension

Wednesday off

Thursday push quads tris calves
squats
hack squats
leg press
leg extension
lying tri extension
one arm extension
rope pushdown
standing calf raise
calf press

Friday - pull hams bis forearm
lying leg curl
seated leg curl
romain deadlift
barbell curl
alternating db curl
preacher curl
reverse curl
wrist curl.

Opinions?

ryk
11-10-2009, 09:03 AM
How long have you been doing the push pull rotation and how long do you do it for?
I just finished the end of a 4 week plan and I want to change it up.

Also, what weight and rep range do you stick with? Pyramids, low rep/heavy weight?

DUBGURL19
11-10-2009, 09:10 AM
I have only been doing this rotation for 1 week... I will probably give it a good 4 to 6 weeks then evaluate...

Low rep range 6 to 10 and heavy weight.... well for me.

ryk
11-10-2009, 09:42 AM
Thanks! Sorry for the inquisition.

DUBGURL19
11-10-2009, 09:45 AM
psh I could talk working out all day I dont mind at all.

ryk
11-10-2009, 12:07 PM
psh I could talk working out all day I dont mind at all.

Same here. :rock:

rene
11-10-2009, 12:16 PM
starting to eat healthy again....time to trim the fat!

winc281
11-10-2009, 01:47 PM
^it's amazing what little things like cutting out fast food and cutting back on sodas can do

ChuyiN
11-10-2009, 02:21 PM
^it's amazing what little things like cutting out fast food and cutting back on sodas can do

tell me about it..no more beer belly here, just a little fat here and there .. ( quit drinking beer also :thumb:)

winc281
11-10-2009, 02:46 PM
tell me about it..no more beer belly here, just a little fat here and there .. ( quit drinking beer also :thumb:)

I should do that too but I just don't see it happening. I easily consume at least a couple thousand calories each weekend from boozing it up so much. Might have to start sipping some scotch on the rocks or something that way I don't drink so much beer.

Jeebus
11-10-2009, 02:51 PM
Cutting back on the food is only going to get you so far. I did that and lost a couple pounds but after a couple weeks it just stopped. I knew I had to get off my ass and go to the gym then lol. It's a start though so gg and the quitting beer is a must. I quit for about 2 months but now I have a couple here and there just not every single weekend and I am not going to make a habit out of it again. Its going against my workout, i know, but I cant deprive myself of such awesomeness if I try:hsrun:

ChuyiN
11-10-2009, 03:06 PM
How many of you guys count your calorie/protein/carbs/etc intake?

ryk
11-10-2009, 03:35 PM
You're absolutely right jeebus... but sometimes folks need that little boost of confidence to get them started on the next level of shape shifting. Seeing progress is the best motivation.

I do. I just really started doing it about 2 months ago. I'm trying a bulking phase so I count and watch e v e r y t h i n g.

But this passed saturday fucke dme up baaaad and I'm still carrying some bloat. Those damn grey goose martinis call me in my sleep.
Augh.

ChuyiN
11-10-2009, 03:42 PM
You're absolutely right jeebus... but sometimes folks need that little boost of confidence to get them started on the next level of shape shifting. Seeing progress is the best motivation.

I do. I just really started doing it about 2 months ago. I'm trying a bulking phase so I count and watch e v e r y t h i n g.

But this passed saturday fucke dme up baaaad and I'm still carrying some bloat. Those damn grey goose martinis call me in my sleep.
Augh.

your absolutely right man. :thumb:

DUBGURL19
11-10-2009, 04:33 PM

I am not as strict as on season but I pretty much follow a plan of portions...

3/4 cups carb pre and post

1/2 cup carb for two more meal

and about 4 oz protein

KillaCam
11-11-2009, 07:18 AM
fk'n too late for me. I've put on almost 40lbs.

rodneeking
11-11-2009, 09:45 AM

I usually count everything, since I eat the same things for the most part during the week I already have an idea of what I can go with and not when it comes to adding or subtracting what Iím eating.

VTi EG6
11-11-2009, 11:23 AM
+25lbs here.... gotta get my ass on it asap!

DUBGURL19
11-11-2009, 11:37 AM
+25lbs here.... gotta get my ass on it asap!

Is it because we dont workout at the same gym anymore?

I am sad that you gained 25lbs. :blob:

DUBGURL19
11-11-2009, 11:37 AM
fk'n too late for me. I've put on almost 40lbs.

It is never too late.

VTi EG6
11-13-2009, 09:35 AM
Is it because we dont workout at the same gym anymore?

I am sad that you gained 25lbs. :blob:

No I think that since my child is growing and I've been working at the tattoo shop has something to do with it.
Partly being a bit exhausted waking up at 6am and going to bed around 12am Mon-Sunday has taken a toll on me.

-Once I get things settled I'll be back at the gym, hopefully my wifey can join me.

--CONGRATS on keeping up with it.

Bob'sBurgers
11-13-2009, 12:34 PM
ive put on like 25 lbs of fat... but i can almost bench my old record. 225 lbs im currently benching 205 lbs. im 5'8 and my weight is like 170 lbs.

winc281
11-13-2009, 01:56 PM
Cutting back on the food is only going to get you so far. I did that and lost a couple pounds but after a couple weeks it just stopped. I knew I had to get off my ass and go to the gym then lol. It's a start though so gg and the quitting beer is a must. I quit for about 2 months but now I have a couple here and there just not every single weekend and I am not going to make a habit out of it again. Its going against my workout, i know, but I cant deprive myself of such awesomeness if I try:hsrun:
I think you can still lose weight by cutting back. You'll have to keep track of your caloric intake in order to do so. Need to have an idea of how many calories you burn during a regular 24 hour period also. But going to the gym and actively working out does help alot. Just started going back last week and I'm liking it. Feels good to wake up and feel the soreness in your muscles.

It is never too late.
That's the truth. Just have to realize though that it's a process and it may take some time. You didn't put on the weight over night and you won't lose it overnight.

d0iMaKeUwEth0e
11-16-2009, 06:12 PM
My goal this fall/winter is just to maintain.

DUBGURL19
11-17-2009, 05:46 AM
I started a 3 week program to cut some of this fat I have put on - I am still maintaining a consistent 15 lbs over competition weight, which they say it what we should stay at..

I almost made myself throw up this morning from my workout.

ryk
11-18-2009, 07:14 AM
I almost made myself throw up this morning from my workout.

What does it mean when that happens? Is it the lactic acid?

Jeebus
11-18-2009, 07:27 AM
Man I slacked off bad this weekend. Drank more beer than I should have and ate like a damn pig:hsrun:. To top it off, I been busy with school work so I haven't gone to the gym since Friday, almost week:hsrun:. Back on it today and not going to pig out until Thanksgiving.

TheSnowMan
11-18-2009, 08:04 AM
What does it mean when that happens? Is it the lactic acid?

It means that whatever was in her stomach came back out through her mouth :Goofy:

I believe it just has to do with over straining yourself, but I could be wrong about that.

Jeebus
11-18-2009, 08:07 AM
Yea, i've felt like that before when I think I do harder workouts. That and dizziness. It's been happening more ever since I started doing a little running after weight workouts. Probably doesn't help that I eat 1-1.5 hours before heading to the gym.

mr toolio
11-18-2009, 08:27 AM
60 lbs to go.. sigh!

DUBGURL19
11-18-2009, 02:22 PM
It means that whatever was in her stomach came back out through her mouth :Goofy:

I believe it just has to do with over straining yourself, but I could be wrong about that.

I think just eating so much in the morning along with a strenuous workout - I have only thrown up twice from working out and they were both very hard workouts.

Red
11-18-2009, 02:25 PM
usually when you throw up after a workout, its your body telling you its running on empty. either that or you didnt wait long enough inbetween meal/workout.

DUBGURL19
11-18-2009, 02:28 PM
usually when you throw up after a workout, its your body telling you its running on empty. either that or you didnt wait long enough inbetween meal/workout.

I think that is my problem... I am trying to eat and workout first thing in the am...

the other times it was probably on empty. :hsrun:

Jeebus
11-19-2009, 09:34 AM
I guess I didn't do as bad as I thought this weekend. Weight is at 150 and bf is still 17-19% but I think I'm just going to cut the cardio out completely and just try and stick to lean eating and hitting the weights. Hopefully I can start seeing some muscle gains faster now that I wont be doing cardio every day. Ill start back on cardio around spring time or so.

ChuyiN
11-19-2009, 09:41 AM
I guess I didn't do as bad as I thought this weekend. Weight is at 150 and bf is still 17-19% but I think I'm just going to cut the cardio out completely and just try and stick to lean eating and hitting the weights. Hopefully I can start seeing some muscle gains faster now that I wont be doing cardio every day. Ill start back on cardio around spring time or so.

:thumb: good choice. i did the samething and started noticing more muscle gains. try to do cardio once or twice a week to keep your condition.

Jeebus
11-19-2009, 09:43 AM
I might do a couple miles on my off days from the gym. I notcied my stamina increasing after a couple weeks of running, but for the last couple weeks I picked back up on smoking so that's going back down the crapper:gonk:

winc281
11-19-2009, 02:29 PM
Remember you are in it for the long run so indulging every now and then won't hurt you. I think it will actually help you stick with the plan b/c you are not killing yourself everyday avoiding the things you like. Don't think short term, think long term :thumb:

rodneeking
11-19-2009, 02:51 PM

Keep with the cardio, but instead of running find some other form of cardio like swimming at the gym if yours has a pool or maybe jump roping. Just donít do too much so you can gain the muscle mass that you want.

Red
11-19-2009, 03:19 PM
I think that is my problem... I am trying to eat and workout first thing in the am...

the other times it was probably on empty. :hsrun:

wake your pretty ass up earlier and eat some oatmeal with eggwhites.

DUBGURL19
11-20-2009, 06:19 AM
wake your pretty ass up earlier and eat some oatmeal with eggwhites.

OMG I wake up at 330AM already!

I need to cook egg whites the night before and oatmeal so I can heat it up and eat while I am getting ready.....

koolaider
11-21-2009, 01:23 PM
damn Thanksgiving is next week, damn!

mr toolio
11-23-2009, 04:38 PM

check out my wifes comment LOL.. if thats not motivation!

rodneeking
11-23-2009, 08:20 PM
Just keep it up man you'll get there.

Jeebus
11-23-2009, 09:27 PM
haha

DUBGURL19
11-24-2009, 05:46 AM
All I know is i am going to binge on Thursday! mmmm food.

ryk
11-24-2009, 07:50 AM

check out my wifes comment LOL.. if thats not motivation!

LMAO. That would be enough to get me supercharged into working out.
My wife told me a few years back that she would like it if I had strong arms. I was like WTF?!? you married me as is woman! I'm not burger king.

rodneeking
11-24-2009, 08:35 AM
Man we have a pot luck at work today and I know there's going to be a lot of good food, must resist the bad stuff…

ryk
11-27-2009, 06:57 AM
I braved 3 thanksgivings yesterday and my will power prevailed! Yay.

TLontheDL
11-27-2009, 01:33 PM
I fixed me a total of 2 medium sized plate but didn't pile anything. I did minimal dessert. :)

rodneeking
11-27-2009, 07:34 PM
I ran yesterday before doing any kind of eating, didn't really gorge on the food either so all in all pretty good Thanksgiving in the sense of not killing myself with food.

ChuyiN
11-30-2009, 06:50 AM
ohh man did I ate turkey on thanksgiving.. I had 2 plates and 1/2, and the day after we had el recalentado.. fuuuuuuuuuuu.. but I did cardio and started the P90X Ab Ripper so it wasnt that bad..

ticket_target
11-30-2009, 01:42 PM
didnt do horrible for thanksgiving. Went for a walk/jog after eating and when I got back on Saturday first thing I did was hit the gym. yesterday went to the high school and ran the bleachers and did bench jumps. Then went to the gym last night around 6 and did some weights and cardio. I enjoy being sore! Lets me know I did something right. Shooting to lose at least 5 more lbs. before the ball drops on 2009.
January I weighed 300
I am currently hanging around 250

DUBGURL19
11-30-2009, 08:42 PM
didnt do horrible for thanksgiving. Went for a walk/jog after eating and when I got back on Saturday first thing I did was hit the gym. yesterday went to the high school and ran the bleachers and did bench jumps. Then went to the gym last night around 6 and did some weights and cardio. I enjoy being sore! Lets me know I did something right. Shooting to lose at least 5 more lbs. before the ball drops on 2009.
January I weighed 300
I am currently hanging around 250

That is great! Keep up the good work.

DUBGURL19
12-01-2009, 06:45 AM
I got my first sponsorship - Scivation. They sent me a meal plan, a workout plan, I have to check in every week pictures... and I have to (well i guess i dont HAVE to) but sponosored athletes do Demos at GNC, Vitamin shoppe etc and every one i do = 100.00 in supplements. I am happy - it is not the best but for my first one it is good...

ChuyiN
12-01-2009, 07:08 AM
I got my first sponsorship - Scivation. They sent me a meal plan, a workout plan, I have to check in every week pictures... and I have to (well i guess i dont HAVE to) but sponosored athletes do Demos at GNC, Vitamin shoppe etc and every one i do = 100.00 in supplements. I am happy - it is not the best but for my first one it is good...

congrats!!!:thumb: I use one of their products and its seems to be working ok.

DUBGURL19
12-01-2009, 07:16 AM
congrats!!!:thumb: I use one of their products and its seems to be working ok.

Yeah, I did not know what to expect but it seems many of the sponsorhsips like to pay you in products... Supps is always something I will need so no complaining here...

Which product do you use?

Jeebus
12-01-2009, 07:20 AM
Very nice, supplements can really start to add up after a while. Congrats:thumb:

ChuyiN
12-01-2009, 07:24 AM
Yeah, I did not know what to expect but it seems many of the sponsorhsips like to pay you in products... Supps is always something I will need so no complaining here...

Which product do you use?

I use XTEND, its for Endurance And Recovery, http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sv/xtend.html

DUBGURL19
12-01-2009, 07:38 AM
Very nice, supplements can really start to add up after a while. Congrats:thumb:

Oh man I know I easily spend 200 a month on stuff for working out - it seems like something is always running out just as I buy something new.. that is not including competition time because that is even more.

syntheticGT
12-01-2009, 07:52 AM
About 2 years ago I lost almost 90lbs of fat...still had a lot more to go. My problem was that I lose weight tooooooooooooo fkn fast. So a year later (laziness and personal issues) I had gained 60lbs back.

:hsrun:

So my small goal for 2009 was to lose 1-2lbs per month. Which was probably the hardest thing I have ever done...lol. As of Nov 30th 2009 I am down 25lbs since January.

Now I am a fat boy...so I still have a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG way to go. But I am giving it my all with just losing weight very slowly.

It has humbled me and taught me quite a few more lessons than my usual quick loss/gain problems.

I can honestly say that I did not gain one pound during thanksgiving...a trend that I hope to ride through Xmas/NYE.

mr toolio
12-01-2009, 09:11 AM
Excellent dude! Keep it up. My first 60 days blew asshole. I did nothing. I maintained I guess which really isnt a problem for me. 65 lbs by July, is that possible? I'm 260 now!

DUBGURL19
12-01-2009, 09:19 AM
Seriously that is a great accomplishment!

And 65 lbs in 8 months is a very attainable goal.

Jeebus
12-01-2009, 09:21 AM
I think its very possible. I did 15 pounds in less than 2 months by doing cardio, weights, and lean eating. I probably gained a couple punds this and last weekend:-/ with the food and drinking. No beer or cigs from Dec. 1st to January 31st (bday), that's my goal.

ChuyiN
12-01-2009, 09:26 AM
Excellent dude! Keep it up. My first 60 days blew asshole. I did nothing. I maintained I guess which really isnt a problem for me. 65 lbs by July, is that possible? I'm 260 now!

dude anything is possible, when I started all this I was like naah i wont lose all the weight and blah blah blah. now im at a point in life where I feel great, more active, more confident, and the gym and eating right has really become a habit in my everyday life. My advise is to you is to keep yourself motivated and no matter what it is dont let anyone bring you down.

DUBGURL19
12-01-2009, 09:49 AM
People will always get discouraged, but doing this the right way diet and exercise does something great to you... It makes you strong, mentally The list of benefits from this are improved self esteem, well being, love life, life in general, motivation, dedication, exhiliration! You name it and it will be improved!

Just dont give up and go one day at a time.

rene
12-01-2009, 10:47 AM
guess i've been doing good so far. down 6 lbs in 2 weeks. it's amazing how much drinking alcohol lowers your energy over time.

TheSnowMan
12-01-2009, 03:05 PM
No beer or cigs from Dec. 1st to January 31st (bday), that's my goal.

Good Luck! :thumb:

ryk
12-01-2009, 03:16 PM
I'm at the start of month 2 on my "bulking phase".
http://i48.tinypic.com/bdw01k.jpg
I lost my abs and some definition, but put on a few lbs of extra muscle. I've read that's standard when the calorie intake increases.

rodneeking
12-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Ahhh garage gym too I see. I actually prefer working out on my own in my garage.

ryk
12-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Same here. I'd NEVER, EVER take my shirt off in a gym.
Plus I can fart and make funny noises without regret.

rodneeking
12-01-2009, 03:30 PM
haha so true, cause protein farts are nasty sir.

winc281
12-01-2009, 04:45 PM
Ryk how tall are you and what's your weight? Just curious.

DUBGURL19
12-01-2009, 05:04 PM
I'm at the start of month 2 on my "bulking phase".
http://i48.tinypic.com/bdw01k.jpg
I lost my abs and some definition, but put on a few lbs of extra muscle. I've read that's standard when the calorie intake increases.

For sure that is going to happen... but it must be done...

ryk
12-02-2009, 07:21 AM
Ryk how tall are you and what's your weight? Just curious.
I'm 5'9" and my current weight is 181

For sure that is going to happen... but it must be done...
I learned it must be done to gain size, but man it's somewhat discouraging to see the stuff I worked so hard to gain, vanish.
Abs don't come easy... and to see them go away is kinda saddening.

DUBGURL19
12-02-2009, 07:43 AM
Oh man I know it is tough... I find myself feeling very blah about myself but I know I have to do it... and no more nakedness to the gym I am always covered up now...lol

Jeebus
12-02-2009, 09:06 AM
How much longer will you be in your bulking phase? GG:thumb:

Replica
12-02-2009, 09:12 AM
I went from 219 to 185 in 3 months. Now I'm kinda floating around 190. Been sick for like 2 months. Slowly correcting diet in preparation for my final blast to 160.

ryk
12-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Thanks. I'm going to continue until the end of December and then start a cutting phase in January. That way I can enjoy all the calories from the holiday nom-nom-nom'ing I'll be doing in xmas.
I planned the bulking phase for the holidays, that way I can eat more then I would be able to if I were watching calories and carb intake.

I went from 219 to 185 in 3 months. Now I'm kinda floating around 190. Been sick for like 2 months. Slowly correcting diet in preparation for my final blast to 160.

That's pretty good, man! Keep it up. I hope you get better soon.

DUBGURL19
12-02-2009, 10:14 AM

Bulking till April. - That is a solid 6 months

Then in April start cutting for show in July
Then I do not get a break because I have a show in Sept. in LA and then Nationals in November

So pretty much all of next year I am going to be cutting... :(

syntheticGT
12-02-2009, 10:42 AM

clicking through here I forgot this was dubgurl19.... :leghump:

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....

http://meowcheese.com/files/lolpics/2008/04/sup.jpg

lollers!

DUBGURL19
12-02-2009, 11:21 AM
lol, that is like so Ya come here often??

Really right now I am eating my 5oz of 16 oz of sirloin I made last night... :)

Fake taco salad, meat, lettuce and picante sauce...

syntheticGT
12-02-2009, 01:04 PM
:2cooleek:

I think im gonna set a goal for 2010 to be able to do ONE pullup....lolz.

I can do dips on the parallel bars/chair thing-a-majig all day...but I cant get my fat ass to do one smelly pullup. :really?:

rodneeking
12-02-2009, 01:28 PM
Keep trying to do them and before you know it you’ll have the strength to get one out. If you’re already weight training that’ll definitely help too.

DUBGURL19
12-02-2009, 02:13 PM
:2cooleek:

I think im gonna set a goal for 2010 to be able to do ONE pullup....lolz.

I can do dips on the parallel bars/chair thing-a-majig all day...but I cant get my fat ass to do one smelly pullup. :really?:

For real I bought the bar and everytime I walked by I attempted to do one, before I knew it I was doing about 6

ryk
12-03-2009, 06:45 AM
I sooooo used to hate pull ups... til I was able to do 5. Then my goal was to do 8, then 10. I've grown to like them. I like to finish my back workouts with pull ups till failure.
At the end, I'm so tired that I end up hanging there like a wet towel on a rack.

ChuyiN
12-03-2009, 07:00 AM
nice progress ryk, if you dont mind posting up your diet or pm me.. I want to compare it to mine or get some advice from your diet. thanks

ryk
12-03-2009, 08:06 AM
Thanks man!
Here's my diet.

6:30 - 2 scoops of Gaspari Nutrition's REAL MASS, cup of coffee.

8:30 - 6 boiled eggs (2 whole, 4 whites) green tea

11:00 - lunch (usually something with chicken and carbs and a side salad.) I've been getting a foot long chicken breast quite often because of the calories and carbs it has. And I always ask for extra, extra lettuce to make it like a salad.

1:30 - 1 scoop of Optimum Nutritions Nitro Core 24 (Vanilla Ice cream flavor with some cinnamon sprinkled into it. It takes like agua horchata)

(pre-workout)
4:30 - Tuna (1 whole can) sandwich on whole wheat bread

(post workout)
2 scoops of Optimum Nutritions Serious Mass

Dinner - Chicken, beef, or fish with a small potato and side salad.

Sometimes I'll have a couple of egg whites before bed, but that's dependant on how lazy or hungry I am.

DUBGURL19
12-03-2009, 08:15 AM
Egg whites before bed FTW!!!!!!!!

DUBGURL19
12-03-2009, 08:20 AM
Anyone know of a meal replacement that is suitable for Lacto intolerance?

ryk
12-03-2009, 08:33 AM
Nutrx's Pro-Gram is pretty light on the stomach. I'm L/I aswell, so I'm always on the hunt for stuff that won't give me the stomach pains and OTHER things that come with L/I.
Plus it's low carb and fat.

http://www.nutrex.com/pro_gram.html

DUBGURL19
12-03-2009, 08:35 AM
Nutrx's Pro-Gram is pretty light on the stomach. I'm L/I aswell, so I'm always on the hunt for stuff that won't give me the stomach pains and OTHER things that come with L/I.
Plus it's low carb and fat.

http://www.nutrex.com/pro_gram.html

Dude you freaking rock, thanks a bunch. :)

ryk
12-03-2009, 08:47 AM
Anything for a fellow devoted body shaper.

ChuyiN
12-03-2009, 08:53 AM
Thanks Ryk!!! I need to incorporate white eggs to my diet!!

ryk
12-03-2009, 09:16 AM
Anytime dood. :thumb:
Egg whites rock cuz they're so easy and quick to make/eat and yet very nutritional.

bestest gift i got last year
http://www.cuisinart.com/products/specialty_appliances/cec-7.html

DUBGURL19
12-03-2009, 09:47 AM
That is a pretty cool gift....

koolaider
12-05-2009, 01:58 AM
Man I want a six pack, I need to lose some body fat but its taken a while.

ryk
12-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Six packs are made in the kitchen.

TheSnowMan
12-05-2009, 10:18 AM

:wrd: :thumb:

moleman
12-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Man I love the sauna in the winter

heyyitssteveo
12-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Question about bench presses:
Incline bench, flat bench, and decline bench work out somewhat different portions of your chest, yeah?

If so, how to you do each of them respectfully? For instance if I do 3 sets of 10 on flat bench in a day there's no way I can do any more sets on either incline or decline. How do i switch back and forth between them?

I'm a noob to working out.

P.S. - sorry if this is in the wrong thread. i'll hang my head in shame if it is

rodneeking
12-06-2009, 06:21 PM
just keep working on your chest strength and stamina so that you can add incline and decline slowly into your routine. You can, take longer breaks in between your lifts as well to help rebuild some strength. When you incorporate anotehr lift, start with a comfortable weight that you can do, lighter if you don't have any spotter just incase your arms and chest start to give out.

heyyitssteveo
12-06-2009, 06:51 PM
just keep working on your chest strength and stamina so that you can add incline and decline slowly into your routine. You can, take longer breaks in between your lifts as well to help rebuild some strength. When you incorporate anotehr lift, start with a comfortable weight that you can do, lighter if you don't have any spotter just incase your arms and chest start to give out.

Alright. Thanks man :thumb:

mr toolio
12-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Man I love the sauna in the winter

i do miss that at my old gym.

ryk
12-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Incline bench, flat bench, and decline bench work out somewhat different portions of your chest, yeah?

If so, how to you do each of them respectfully? For instance if I do 3 sets of 10 on flat bench in a day there's no way I can do any more sets on either incline or decline. How do i switch back and forth between them?

P.S. - sorry if this is in the wrong thread. i'll hang my head in shame if it is

No need to hang your head in shame. We all have to start somewhere. The good thing is you're doing it.

Question for you... Are you working your shoulders or triceps prior to your chest routine? If so, this could be an aiding factor in your premature fatiguing. Triceps and shoulders aid in the chest exercises quite a bit.
If you're tiring early into you do chest exercises then be sure to NOT work your tri's or shoulders before you do chest. (That'd be something to do later when you become more acclimated with weight training.)

Plus you can start with moderately light dumbbells before you move onto the barbell. That way you can build up the proper form and technique. Hit the bench presses with incorrect form and your shoulders will pay the price... BIG TIME.

TheSnowMan
12-07-2009, 09:54 AM
No need to hang your head in shame. We all have to start somewhere. The good thing is you're doing it.

Question for you... Are you working your shoulders or triceps prior to your chest routine? If so, this could be an aiding factor in your premature fatiguing. Triceps and shoulders aid in the chest exercises quite a bit.
If you're tiring early into you do chest exercises then be sure to NOT work your tri's or shoulders before you do chest. (That'd be something to do later when you become more acclimated with weight training.)

Plus you can start with moderately light dumbbells before you move onto the barbell. That way you can build up the proper form and technique. Hit the bench presses with incorrect form and your shoulders will pay the price... BIG TIME.

+1

Plus, don't be afriad to start with lighter weight. If you have to reduce your weight on flat bench and start with a low weight on incline/decline then do that. That way you can get your body used to doing so much and slowly increase your weight on all three. Just so you know decline is easier than flat which is easier than incline.

Or you can just rotate each one every time you work out your chest. That way you are working out a different part each chest day.

ChuyiN
12-07-2009, 10:09 AM

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/poe_chest_workout.htm
there you go man.. Im doing this routine and its working awesome.. but instead of using dumbells i use the bench press.. hope it helps

DUBGURL19
12-07-2009, 11:12 AM
I start my new meal plan today and workout - back to 5 days.

2490 calories a day (210 g protein, 90 g fat 210 carbs)

tofuspeedster
12-07-2009, 12:06 PM
It is so hard to diet when you can't keep meat in the house :( any advice?

ChuyiN
12-07-2009, 12:13 PM
I start my new meal plan today and workout - back to 5 days.

2490 calories a day (210 g protein, 90 g fat 210 carbs)

good luck!!:thumb:

DUBGURL19
12-07-2009, 12:36 PM

This is so true and yet people do not understand the power of nutrition.

DUBGURL19
12-07-2009, 12:37 PM

meal replacements?

You may have to cook and eat daily and shop... man that is alot! Invest in your own mini fridge?

rodneeking
12-07-2009, 12:37 PM

how about fish for your meat substitute? or maybe like all those vegetarian meats?

moleman
12-07-2009, 01:30 PM
how about fish for your meat substitute? or maybe like all those vegetarian meats?

since when was fish not meat

his family is vegeterian so he cant keep any meat products in his house

rodneeking
12-07-2009, 02:50 PM

Some people don't consider it meat, not that I don't but you never know with other people.

The vegetarian meat is the best route to go though.

I DRiVE A CIvIC
12-07-2009, 03:06 PM
meal replacements?

You may have to cook and eat daily and shop... man that is alot! Invest in your own mini fridge?

I wouldn't be able to keep it in the house, if I did i'd be as good as dead... probably gotta keep it at work =(

-Nemo

ChuyiN
12-08-2009, 08:04 AM
so today was my first attempt doing boiled eggs.. I messed up one out of four... not bad not bad lol

DUBGURL19
12-08-2009, 10:24 AM

lol, different people do different things... it depend on reason why they are vegetarians.

what about eggs? do you eat eggs?

moleman
12-08-2009, 12:24 PM
his family is vegetarian by religion he is ndn and i dont think he can eat eggs but i could be wrong

Jeebus
12-08-2009, 12:28 PM
wth do you eat now neemo?

I see why you're skinny now lol.

winc281
12-08-2009, 01:41 PM
so today was my first attempt doing boiled eggs.. I messed up one out of four... not bad not bad lol

How do you mess up hard boiled eggs :rofl: