PDA

View Full Version : :facepalm: Gym Moments

Pages : [1] 2

J Stuff
10-13-2009, 12:38 PM
Was waiting for a squat rack to be free to do some squats with my workout partner. This guy, who has been at the rack for a long time finnally finishes.

My workout partner and I spot him leave and go halfway across the weight area to the cable machines. We head to the squat rack and after my friend finishes his first set, the guy comes right back and says "HEY GUYS IM STILL USING THIS"

we just :stare: at the guy as positioned himself right inside the squat rack to continue squatting for the next 30 minutes...

Seriously if youre gona walk away from the damn rack, halfway across the gym and use another machine long enough for someone to do 12 squats, you have just forfeited use of that machine. Also, i find no point in doing half squats with weight too heavy for close to an hour.

GhostFaceKilla
10-13-2009, 12:57 PM
There's a guy who yells loud everytime he lifts and he doesn't lift much. And when I say much, I mean less than 135 on the flat bench. I see the people around me look and laugh for a bit.

I know you have to start somewhere, but don't you don't have to make it out to be like it's alot. And to the 24hour Jones road crew, you probably know or seen this guy :facepalm:

al
10-13-2009, 01:00 PM
squatting while lifting weights puts one in a precarious position ...

yanin_flo
10-13-2009, 01:15 PM
i usually tell people "well ima jump in" they cant say no.

J Stuff
10-13-2009, 01:17 PM

So youre saying you interrupt someones set and just jump in without asking, just saying? really. :facepalm:

This thread is about people like you.

GhostFaceKilla
10-13-2009, 01:25 PM
LOL if they don't ask nicely, then their ass is not jumping in.

J Stuff
10-13-2009, 01:29 PM
LOL if they don't ask nicely, then their ass is not jumping in.

Agreed. One guy nicely asked to share the same machine and we'd rotate. Worked out fine for both of us. He immediately helped me take off and put on certain weights for us.

Thats cool but if you're just gona jump in out of no where and not even ask, just tell them gtfo

od2681
10-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Learn to say no. Tell people to wait their turn and not forfeit

ChuyiN
10-13-2009, 02:37 PM
If they ask me nicely to share the machine or certain pair of weights ill share them..dont want to be rude and tell them no.. while i rest they can use them and vise versa

TheSnowMan
10-13-2009, 03:00 PM
People who don't have correct form in a deadlift. It hurts my back just watching these people round their back.

People who don't clean the station and rerack the weights when they are done. If you are going to superset with dumbbells in the squat rack take the dumbbells back when you are done. Also leave the bar empty for the next person to use. I don't want to have to deload 8 45s so I can do my workout. I also see girls need two people to unload each 45.

People who put to much weight on to complete a full rep or have to have a spotter help them the entire time. The gym has supplied other weights besides just 45s just for this purpose. I watched a guy try to deadlift weight that was to much for him. His form was so bad it made my cry (lol), and when he was done he would drop the weights from a standing position.

People who superset in two different and far apart areas. Watched a guy use the squat rack to do skullcrushers then he would run over to the cables on the otherside of the gym.

People who are impatient at the gym. If someone is using the machine then you are just going to have to wait. Don't think that just because the weight that person is doing is light to you that it is light to them. If they need a 5min break inbetween sets then give it to them. Everyone has to start somewhere.

People who offer advice that they shouldn't be offering. I was doing strength trainging (5x5) on squats, and this guy next to me told me I should use my spotter to crank out a couple of more because growing muscle is all about pushing yourself and letting your muscles rip.

I also had another guy try to tell me how to do overhead press. In which he described it as putting your right foot back behind you and bending your knee so you can bounce the weight up.

Watching people curl in the squat rack, they have a whole station setup for that

Those are my :facepalm: moments.

ETB4U
10-13-2009, 03:29 PM
When people wear a gallon of cologne to the gym. You're going to sweat, you're going to smell like ass. Putting on cologne is going to make you smell like chemical induced ass. This is particularly bad for me as I'm allergic to it, so I'm already worn from working out that I have to put up with the smell of the dude who is 30 yards from me.

mjp
10-13-2009, 03:32 PM
Watching people curl in the squat rack, they have a whole station setup for that

but i like the rack, perfect height for me to reach my water and towel :hsugh:. on a serious note that pisses me off too, when the station is open and they are using their more of their back and legs from bouncing then their biceps.

J Stuff
10-13-2009, 03:32 PM
I saw a personal trainer that works for the gym walk into burger king close by and he kept looking over his shoulder as he was walking in

J Stuff
10-13-2009, 03:35 PM
I was at the cable machine area, didnt look like anyone was using the machine because it was empty for a while. I started to use it and all of a sudden some guy was standing behind me smiling.

I asked "were you using this?"

he just smiled bigger and nodded

I said "oh.. ok.."

I mean really, can you speak?

speedtek
10-13-2009, 03:36 PM
people who dont know what the fuck they're doing.!

J Stuff
10-13-2009, 03:37 PM
Another one is people putting a total of 16 plates, 8 on each side on the angled leg press and doing 1/10 leg presses with such heavy weight. Injury waiting to happen.

J Stuff
10-13-2009, 03:39 PM
People who are impatient at the gym. If someone is using the machine then you are just going to have to wait

big time agreed. I hate it when people ask me how many i got left. Ill say "i just started" then they stand there and stare at me waiting for me to finish

-PLEASE WASH YOUR GYM CLOTHES, stank ass people in there smell like must and wet towels and sweat

-Saw a super tall guy do extreme round back dead lifts way too fast with way too much weight.

greenparrot
10-13-2009, 03:44 PM
Working out at a mom and pop gym in a small ass town ftw lol!

No one there at night past 10pm!

J Stuff
10-13-2009, 03:54 PM
I was at sound fitness before, its generally slow there. I loved it. Never really having to wait on machines, and much cleaner than 24hr

TheSnowMan
10-13-2009, 04:40 PM
big time agreed. I hate it when people ask me how many i got left. Ill say "i just started" then they stand there and stare at me waiting for me to finish

I hate that when they just stand there and stare at you. I understand squatting 260lbs is not a lot for some people but for a guy who is only 160lbs it is a lot and I need my rest in between sets.

TheSnowMan
10-13-2009, 04:41 PM
:facepalm: to anyone using the smith machine

iceburgphyve
10-13-2009, 05:20 PM
I hate when people go up to the rack of dumbbells and do their sets right then and there. They don't bother to find some space or move out of other peoples way. I also hate when people try to curl too much. They have horrible form, rocking back and forth like they're dancing and shit.

J Stuff
10-13-2009, 06:10 PM
I hate when people go up to the rack of dumbbells and do their sets right then and there. They don't bother to find some space or move out of other peoples way. I also hate when people try to curl too much. They have horrible form, rocking back and forth like they're dancing and shit.

This reminds me, yesterday I was incline dumbell benchpressing and my pecs were pretty much done so I was really trying to concentrate to get the last couple reps in in good form. I was looking at the mirror to make sure I was trying yo.

Then out of no where this guy starts to shadowbox with 10lb weights right in front of my view of myself! He was going pretty damn fast too and it was a major distraction.

Euphoric
10-13-2009, 06:32 PM
:facepalm: to anyone using the smith machine

Why is that?

DC
10-13-2009, 06:38 PM
There used to be a guy in my gym who would hype himself up before lifting each set.

COME ON, BABY!! LIKE A PISTON, BABY!! LIKE A PISTON!!!!

lNlHo
10-13-2009, 07:08 PM
Why is that?

free weights > machines

mr toolio
10-13-2009, 07:10 PM
There used to be a guy in my gym who would hype himself up before lifting each set.

COME ON, BABY!! LIKE A PISTON, BABY!! LIKE A PISTON!!!!

LOL. LIGHT WEIGHT.. MANG!

Nsh_JSX2pkY

mr toolio
10-13-2009, 07:11 PM
free weights > machines

umm.. what? LOL.. right.. they both have their advantages and disadvantages..

TheSnowMan
10-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Why is that?

Because the smith machine is hands down the worst piece of equipment in the gym. You will develop so many injuries from that machine it is insane. Do a search on google about the smith machine.

Here are some reviews about it

The Smith Machine has been one of the biggest mistakes in strength training equipment, in my opinion.
-http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/henkin6ttt.htm

Smith Machine: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Use It for Squats
-http://stronglifts.com/smith-machine-squats-power-rack-free-weights/

Smith machine is good for pullups and inverted rows.

TheSnowMan
10-13-2009, 07:21 PM
umm.. what? LOL.. right.. they both have their advantages and disadvantages..

free weights are always better than machine

Urban Bitchass
10-13-2009, 07:23 PM
I don't work out at a gym anymore.

I work out at home. I have my own bench and free weights.

I am going to buy a sit up bench soon.

So these things no longer bother me. I hated the gym.

TheSnowMan
10-13-2009, 07:46 PM
I don't work out at a gym anymore.

I work out at home. I have my own bench and free weights.

I am going to buy a sit up bench soon.

So these things no longer bother me. I hated the gym.

indeed. I am thinking about building a squat/power rack in my garage

mr toolio
10-13-2009, 07:55 PM
free weights are always better than machine

LOL.. always? I wouldnt say almost, mostly yes.. but not always

Urban Bitchass
10-13-2009, 07:58 PM
indeed. I am thinking about building a squat/power rack in my garage

In the end it is more cost effective to get your own weights and equipment.

It doesn't have to be the high end stuff. What a person usually spends on a gym membership, he could have his own personal gym at home.

koolaider
10-13-2009, 08:05 PM
black people always be hogging up the basketball court and none of them can hoop either.

Deluxe Son
10-13-2009, 08:08 PM
i try to ignore it and do my thing, but cant stand fat ppl in TIGHT underarmor clothing blahhhh

Euphoric
10-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Because the smith machine is hands down the worst piece of equipment in the gym. You will develop so many injuries from that machine it is insane. Do a search on google about the smith machine.

Those are reviews/opinions are geared towards using it for squats, which I can agree with. I like the smith though, I use it for heavy front/rear shoulder presses mostly. It's easier to do reverse grip bench presses on it too.

People that don't wipe their sweat off the benches piss me off.

There is a guy at one of the 24's I go to that tries to throw way too much weight than he can control, his form hurts to watch.

J Stuff
10-13-2009, 08:20 PM
I think the smith machine is a great way to teach super noobs about how certain exercises work.

I only use the smith machine for military rows behind the head (dunno the real name?)

TheSnowMan
10-13-2009, 08:21 PM
I think the smith machine is a great way to teach super noobs about how certain exercises work.

How does that work?

J Stuff
10-13-2009, 08:59 PM
How does that work?

For example its almost like a safety net for people that are .. well weak and the bar is a challenge alone.

Some people, probably not you, may be too scared to actually bench the bar or lose balance etc. You can show them the ropes on the smith. From there, you can move to the bar and start to learn proper balance etc.

I personally learned what squatting was about with the smith. I used it a couple times before I went to the bar alone because i was totally off balance with the bar.

I havent touched the smith in a long time but I think it can be used for that purpose.

TheSnowMan
10-13-2009, 09:01 PM
For example its almost like a safety net for people that are .. well weak and the bar is a challenge alone.

Some people, probably not you, may be too scared to actually bench the bar or lose balance etc. You can show them the ropes on the smith. From there, you can move to the bar and start to learn proper balance etc.

I personally learned what squatting was about with the smith. I used it a couple times before I went to the bar alone because i was totally off balance with the bar.

I havent touched the smith in a long time but I think it can be used for that purpose.

Okay I can understand that :thumb:

J Stuff
10-13-2009, 09:22 PM
Okay I can understand that :thumb:

edit: I havent touched smith for anything other than shoulder presses in a long time ^_^
But I alternate between machines, free weights and machines for that.

Jeebus
10-13-2009, 10:13 PM
New 24 on richmond that opened next door to the old one is so damn packed. I preferred it when we were at the smaller gym, seems like every machine is in use at the usual time Im there. Shit pisses me off having to wait for almost every machine, thinking about switching to lifetime now. Either that or investing a couple hundred on getting some weights at home.

Euphoric
10-13-2009, 10:30 PM
New 24 on richmond that opened next door to the old one is so damn packed. I preferred it when we were at the smaller gym, seems like every machine is in use at the usual time Im there. Shit pisses me off having to wait for almost every machine, thinking about switching to lifetime now. Either that or investing a couple hundred on getting some weights at home.

Two of them I go to are like that and it sucks, I had to start going later in the evening. Works out ok since I get to eat dinner before hand and once I get home I am so beat I'm about ready for bed.

TheSnowMan
10-13-2009, 10:41 PM
24hr on Dairy Ashford is usually pretty busy so I workout at 830pm

yanin_flo
10-13-2009, 11:57 PM
Agreed. One guy nicely asked to share the same machine and we'd rotate. Worked out fine for both of us. He immediately helped me take off and put on certain weights for us.

Thats cool but if you're just gona jump in out of no where and not even ask, just tell them gtfo

you're one of those guys walking around the gym criticizing everyone's posture and acting like you're king of the castle. i'd out class you in anything in any gym. put your ear buds back in and pull your hoodie back over sr. swole

J Stuff
10-14-2009, 01:07 AM
you're one of those guys walking around the gym criticizing everyone's posture and acting like you're king of the castle. i'd out class you in anything in any gym. put your ear buds back in and pull your hoodie back over sr. swole

I take the time to learn and attempt to work on the the basic differences from right and wrong. yes im still working on form and adding weight each week. I also know proper etiquette in real life, something you probably lack.

I ever say im king of the castle? You were the one banned from jdmi back 4 years ago for talking shit to basically everyone at that forum.

You just admitted in this thread to rudely jumping in someone elses set.

lol @ out classing. Whos claiming to be the king of the castle now? I posted in the bench thread that i just reached 50lb dumbell bench preses. No where close to being KING of the castle.

You needa grow up. Still the same after how many years.

J Stuff
10-14-2009, 01:13 AM
And YES yanin, i criticized the BENT BACK guy's deadlift because his back was forming a C shape. You're stating the obvious. Its not like im ragging on people that cant lift a certain weight. This guy was in shape but used very bad looking form which can possibly lead to injury.

Em1_Kid
10-14-2009, 01:26 AM
Whenever I hoop at 24 hr fitness and Mike Jones plays and yells "WHO MIKE JONES" everytime he makes one.:facepalm:

TheSnowMan
10-14-2009, 08:08 AM
I take the time to learn and attempt to work on the the basic differences from right and wrong. yes im still working on form and adding weight each week. I also know proper etiquette in real life, something you probably lack.

I ever say im king of the castle? You were the one banned from jdmi back 4 years ago for talking shit to basically everyone at that forum.

You just admitted in this thread to rudely jumping in someone elses set.

lol @ out classing. Whos claiming to be the king of the castle now? I posted in the bench thread that i just reached 50lb dumbell bench preses. No where close to being KING of the castle.

You needa grow up. Still the same after how many years.

:wrd:

And YES yanin, i criticized the BENT BACK guy's deadlift because his back was forming a C shape. You're stating the obvious. Its not like im ragging on people that cant lift a certain weight. This guy was in shape but used very bad looking form which can possibly lead to injury.

:wrd:

There is no excuse for crappy forum. There are enough websites/youtube videos out there to learn correct form. Now if your form is a little off then that is okay. Like I am still perfecting my squat form everytime I am in the gym. However, it is no where near as bad as people rounding their backs on deadlifts, bouncing their legs on overhead press, or doing half reps of anything.

People who don't learn correct form are to lazy, have to much pride, or think they know everything.

TheSnowMan
10-14-2009, 08:09 AM
Whenever I hoop at 24 hr fitness and Mike Jones plays and yells "WHO MIKE JONES" everytime he makes one.:facepalm:

hahahahahaha :facepalm:

DUBGURL19
10-14-2009, 08:26 AM
Ah let me see my favorite ones.....

The guys who are always using the 15's

The people that insist on talking to me while I am in the middle of my set...

The people I try to ignore and stand in front of me and wave up and down till I take out my headphones

The people that tell me "i hope you dont get too thin or lose too much" blah blah blah

The people that say "why do you train so hard"

The people that take forever on machines!

The people that I ask how many more sets do you have and they say about 15 mins... seriously??? WTF

People that talk about my workout face - didnt know I was suppose to stay pretty I am working out dammit!

Ah my all time favorite - can you write me down your meal plan!

Why??? - you know you aint gonna do it.

mr toolio
10-14-2009, 08:32 AM
ooo heres another..

when a girl says, "i dont want to lift weights because i dont want to be big and bulky.."

right! LOL

DUBGURL19
10-14-2009, 09:23 AM
ooo heres another..

when a girl says, "i dont want to lift weights because i dont want to be big and bulky.."

right! LOL

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS MY FAVORITE but it is right up there with a guy saying

"i dont want to do cardio because I dont want to be skinny"

Seriously???

I had this 300 pound woman tell me that one time, I told her straight that I life heavy and several days a week, I said "do I look like a man" she said no and I said THank you!

J Stuff
10-14-2009, 09:26 AM
People who don't learn correct form are to lazy, have to much pride, or think they know everything.

You really get the most out of a workout out of good form too I could do 20 dumbell curls swinging my arms and using momentum rather than the bicep to do curls or do 8-10 with as good form as possible. rinse and repeat.

When i was first starting out, i used to do half reps on squats because I didnt know any better. I watched vids and read about form now i almost go ass to the grass so to speak. I held the same squat weight for 2 weeks until i felt i was comfortable with my form and now im bumping it up.

mr toolio
10-14-2009, 09:28 AM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS MY FAVORITE but it is right up there with a guy saying

"i dont want to do cardio because I dont want to be skinny"

Seriously???

I had this 300 pound woman tell me that one time, I told her straight that I life heavy and several days a week, I said "do I look like a man" she said no and I said THank you!

I know right.. if it were that easy to get big and bulky EVERY guy would be big and bulky LOL.. gtfo here foo foo

TheSnowMan
10-14-2009, 09:49 AM
My all time favorite is my gf's sister in law telling her she shouldn't take protein because it will make her big and bulky because that is what body builders do :facepalm:

moleman
10-14-2009, 09:52 AM
there was more bitching in this thread then facepalm moments....

yesterday i was in the locker room changing and this skinny ndn kid was on the phone talking about he was at the gym bc his back bis tris..... and other muscle groups werent strong enough. then when i saw him out in gym he was walking around like billy badass lifting very little weight. :facepalm:

mr toolio
10-14-2009, 09:56 AM
there was more bitching in this thread then facepalm moments....

yesterday i was in the locker room changing and this skinny ndn kid was on the phone talking about he was at the gym bc his back bis tris..... and other muscle groups werent strong enough. then when i saw him out in gym he was walking around like billy badass lifting very little weight. :facepalm:

maybe thats why he needed to work on his back bis and tris.. LOL

yanin_flo
10-14-2009, 10:23 AM
all i said was when someone is taking an extra long time tell them you're going to jump in between there sets. know where did i mention interrupting a set?

yanin_flo
10-14-2009, 10:24 AM
and hahaha wow!!!... you live an interesting forum life for remembering something four years ago was it?

rambamohdam
10-14-2009, 11:08 AM

please dont say you can outclass anyone, cause no one is perfect on there posture etc, ON EVERYTHING. be foreal. if homeboy here is just trying to help out let him do it. Cause if people were as ignorant as you.. alot of bodybuilders wouldnt be at there weight, health or meeting there goals if no one came up to them and gave him/her there 2 cents.

DUBGURL19
10-14-2009, 11:16 AM
Oh I got one - i workout out early morning Midtown 24 and there is this scary older white lady that works out there and todayshe was staring at me... in the locker room she gets butt naked then walks around for like 10 min, uses the restroom, sits around all naked and still staring at me.. She freaked me out!

TylerDurden
10-14-2009, 11:40 AM
Oh I got one - i workout out early morning Midtown 24 and there is this scary older white lady that works out there and todayshe was staring at me... in the locker room she gets butt naked then walks around for like 10 min, uses the restroom, sits around all naked and still staring at me.. She freaked me out!

HAHAHA!!! Man that shit is what keeps me out of the locker rooms. I don't mind if a guy wants to take a peek at my goods, but damn try to make it less obvious. I feel like its my first day in prison.

Jeebus
10-14-2009, 11:41 AM
and hahaha wow!!!... you live an interesting forum life for remembering something four years ago was it?

The internet never forgets, mr "halfstache"
http://www.hi-upload.com/upload/uploaded3/JAA.jpg

chinaman_87
10-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Was waiting for a squat rack to be free to do some squats with my workout partner. This guy, who has been at the rack for a long time finnally finishes.

My workout partner and I spot him leave and go halfway across the weight area to the cable machines. We head to the squat rack and after my friend finishes his first set, the guy comes right back and says "HEY GUYS IM STILL USING THIS"

we just :stare: at the guy as positioned himself right inside the squat rack to continue squatting for the next 30 minutes...

Seriously if youre gona walk away from the damn rack, halfway across the gym and use another machine long enough for someone to do 12 squats, you have just forfeited use of that machine. Also, i find no point in doing half squats with weight too heavy for close to an hour.

true, some people feel that they own the machine. Once you leave and go to another machine then its up for grabs

:facepalm: this one dude was doing 3 x45 plates on each side but he was only squatting 3 inches

od2681
10-14-2009, 11:54 AM
Old men walking in the locker room butt naked. I mean really WTF.
When I was still in U of H, I worked out at the rec center maybe 3-4 days a week. I would see this professor that worked out there and this fker would walk around naked after showers. He would put the damn towel on his shoulders, but wouldnt cover up his junk. WTF!!!

J Stuff
10-14-2009, 12:09 PM
all i said was when someone is taking an extra long time tell them you're going to jump in between there sets. know where did i mention interrupting a set?

no you didnt

J Stuff
10-14-2009, 12:12 PM
There was a guy that came out of the shower with a towel around his waist. Then he went to the middle of the locker area, took off the towel and began to dry his back with his junk all jiggling around. Yes he caught me at a bad moment be cause iwas exiting the restroom and saw this. Then he sat down naked and just started texting.

Seriously put the damn towel back on!

Also there was a butt naked old dude standing behind this younger guy while the younger guy was bending over and putting things into his locker. The old naked guy was WAY too close to the younger guy. If the younger guy turned around all of a sudden hed be getting a face full of cac

ChuyiN
10-14-2009, 12:12 PM
This was about a week ago.. I was doing Barbell Curl and this one cholo looking guy was doing it too, but everytime he would finish a set he would lift up his shirt and look at the mirror and be posing and shit.. i was like dude gtfo of here lol...

J Stuff
10-14-2009, 12:20 PM

You live an interesting life for being so immature even after 4 years. If you dont have anything pertaining to the thread to add, pls dont bother posting here anymore.

jkr_hatchback
10-14-2009, 12:27 PM
free weights > machines

:facepalm:

jkr_hatchback
10-14-2009, 12:34 PM
Because the smith machine is hands down the worst piece of equipment in the gym.

Smith machine is good for pullups and inverted rows.

its also good for a whole lot of other things like bench and shoulder press, upright rows, fore arems, etc. How can it be "hands down the worst piece of equipment in the gym"?

Seated tricep extension machine. :facepalm:

J Stuff
10-14-2009, 12:48 PM
I dont like the seated tricep extension. Dont feel it that much.

mjp
10-14-2009, 12:50 PM

:facepalm: gtfo

koolaider
10-14-2009, 12:52 PM
Oh man, some people are just gross in the restroom I go to the 24 on dairy ashford and westheimer, I saw this asian dude sitting in the locker room butt naked when I was going to get stuff out my locker. I mean he had a freaking towel with him, and his clothes right next to him, but noooooo he walks around the locker room naked while holding a towel in his hand. I mean seriously wtf, wrap the towel around you or wear your underwear nasty fuck.

koolaider
10-14-2009, 12:52 PM

yeah, feels like im working out my elbows :lol:

J Stuff
10-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Some people have their towel technique down and i appreciate them for doing that.

For example wrapping towel around u while ur take your underwear off under it.

Or coming from the shower with towel on then putting underwear on so theres no bare man ass showing.

And to anyone that thinks im a fgt for observing this, im not blind and it happens every single day.

mr toolio
10-14-2009, 01:01 PM
. I don't mind if a guy wants to take a peek at my goods,

:really?::lol::gonk::weirdo::iough::ugh2::wtf: :gay2:

J Stuff
10-14-2009, 01:06 PM
lol i just noticed he said that

jkr_hatchback
10-14-2009, 01:07 PM

that thing is worthless. I do the extensions on the cable machine. I personally like dips and skull crushers.

yanin_flo
10-14-2009, 01:30 PM
The internet never forgets, mr "halfstache"
http://www.hi-upload.com/upload/uploaded3/JAA.jpg

haha!! good times! its easier to remeber the good ol days when other people do it for you :look:

Jeebus
10-14-2009, 01:31 PM
How can anyone forget such epic mustache?

Iron Chef
10-14-2009, 01:32 PM
The guys who are always using the 15's

We all gotta start somewhere, right?

TheSnowMan
10-14-2009, 03:01 PM
its also good for a whole lot of other things like bench and shoulder press, upright rows, fore arems, etc. How can it be "hands down the worst piece of equipment in the gym"?

Seated tricep extension machine. :facepalm:

You should not be doing bench press on the smith machine...Do it on the flat bench. Smith machine restricts natural body movement and forces you to move in the way the machine is made.

I say it is the worst because it is better to do the same exercise with free weights, cables, levers, machines than the smith machine.

J Stuff
10-14-2009, 03:29 PM
i :facepalm: when i see popular dumbell weights like 30,35,40 across the gym where the cardio equipment is.

i :facepalm: when all the weights from 20lbs-50lbs are missing from the rack and mostly cannot be found anywhere nearby.

TylerDurden
10-14-2009, 03:51 PM
i :facepalm: when i see popular dumbell weights like 30,35,40 across the gym where the cardio equipment is.

Yea whats up with that? I hate when im walking to a treadmill or something and two weights are just sitting there. I'm like, "what are you doing here....get out of here!!"

Just remembered my friend being stuck under some weight on the bench press. Wasn't at the gym but in the garage. Thought he could lift it but got stuck half way. He said he was sitting there for about 5 minutes until my step dad heard this whispering "help" come from the garage. Laughed our ass off at him.

J Stuff
10-14-2009, 03:57 PM
^ LOL i can picture the *helpp* whisper part haha

jkr_hatchback
10-14-2009, 04:17 PM
You should not be doing bench press on the smith machine...Do it on the flat bench. Smith machine restricts natural body movement and forces you to move in the way the machine is made.

I say it is the worst because it is better to do the same exercise with free weights, cables, levers, machines than the smith machine.

Why "should" you not? :really?: benching on the smith will help isolate the pecs which can help you get over a plateau. ummm yeah its a machine of course it makes you take a "forced path"

Go to the gym and work out. Stop reading. Everything you read on BB forum is not true...

Experience/Results > Book Knowledge/ that shit you reading.
:facepalm: to those who disagree.

DUBGURL19
10-14-2009, 05:17 PM
We all gotta start somewhere, right?

but why use them for everything all the time? OUr gym only has one set... :(

redls2gto
10-14-2009, 05:50 PM
There's a guy who yells loud everytime he lifts and he doesn't lift much. And when I say much, I mean less than 135 on the flat bench. I see the people around me look and laugh for a bit.

I know you have to start somewhere, but don't you don't have to make it out to be like it's alot. And to the 24hour Jones road crew, you probably know or seen this guy :facepalm:

Sounds like that guy from I LOVE YOU MAN..."JUST GIVE IT EVERYTHING YOU GOT."

goztepe2002
10-14-2009, 06:04 PM
LOL. LIGHT WEIGHT.. MANG!

Nsh_JSX2pkY

haha yeaaaa budddyy .. he sounds like a bitch but i woulnd't call him out on it :gonk: that big ol beef cake

Iron Chef
10-14-2009, 06:04 PM
but why use them for everything all the time? OUr gym only has one set... :(

Ouch, ok I see your point

Euphoric
10-14-2009, 07:12 PM

i :facepalm: when all the weights from 20lbs-50lbs are missing from the rack and mostly cannot be found anywhere nearby.

and when the 80's are down by the 30's or there's a 50 on the rack and the other is on the ground 20ft away :(

LoudDanny
10-14-2009, 08:38 PM
i take the 25/30 lb dumbells to the cardio to do some small circuits but take em back when finished

saw a black guy leg pressing what i believed about 800 plus the weight of his 200lb+ buddy as he was sitting on top of the racks

yanin_flo
10-15-2009, 12:04 AM
Yea whats up with that? I hate when im walking to a treadmill or something and two weights are just sitting there. I'm like, "what are you doing here....get out of here!!"

Just remembered my friend being stuck under some weight on the bench press. Wasn't at the gym but in the garage. Thought he could lift it but got stuck half way. He said he was sitting there for about 5 minutes until my step dad heard this whispering "help" come from the garage. Laughed our ass off at him.

not on the smith machine.

yanin_flo
10-15-2009, 12:08 AM
Why "should" you not? :really?: benching on the smith will help isolate the pecs which can help you get over a plateau. ummm yeah its a machine of course it makes you take a "forced path"

Go to the gym and work out. Stop reading. Everything you read on BB forum is not true...

Experience/Results > Book Knowledge/ that shit you reading.
:facepalm: to those who disagree.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

mr toolio
10-15-2009, 08:02 AM
i take the 25/30 lb dumbells to the cardio to do some small circuits but take em back when finished

saw a black guy leg pressing what i believed about 800 plus the weight of his 200lb+ buddy as he was sitting on top of the racks

word.. I've done 14 plates before at 4 reps.. :eek3dance

J Stuff
10-15-2009, 08:45 AM
not on the smith machine.

This is why you really should have a spotter on the bench especially with weight you are unsure of completing.

I just feel less effort and balance is exerted by using the smith. I have not read anything much on the smith machine, just by use experience.

yanin_flo
10-15-2009, 09:53 AM
This is why you really should have a spotter on the bench especially with weight you are unsure of completing.

I just feel less effort and balance is exerted by using the smith. I have not read anything much on the smith machine, just by use experience.

some people workout alone. or like me hate having to ask someone to spot.

and yes less effort is used that's why you would have to add more weight since it is a machine and like many machines makes you seem stronger; however there are techniques that can be applied to to use it as strength training.

J Stuff
10-15-2009, 11:10 AM
u have a point, but when its time to bp and im by myself ill head to the dumbells

J Stuff
10-15-2009, 06:38 PM
Desi guy next to me did not have deodorant on today and he was sweating like mad.

Was on the reverse delt fly machine today. Half way through my sets and a guy just stood in front of me waiting and staring at me to finish. Do you really have to stand in front of me and watch me?

yanin_flo
10-16-2009, 10:22 AM
you just seem like a pushover lol stop crying bout everything already.

bowfinger
10-16-2009, 01:23 PM
I hate when Im working out and all these girls come by and start talking to me.:Goofy:

Sepultura
10-16-2009, 03:24 PM
guys in the locker room splashing themselves with ky/oil is a big big face palm.

the Asshats
10-16-2009, 03:35 PM
Going to the gym for the first time and sitting on one of the weight machines backwards, trying to figure out why it wasn't working for me. :hs:

jkr_hatchback
10-16-2009, 03:46 PM
People who bring their laptops in the gym and play on them during rest.

ZEDBIMMER
10-16-2009, 03:47 PM

Thats because screaming for help will use energy and make you drop the weight,lol.

J Stuff
10-16-2009, 04:00 PM
You just seem like a faggot lol stop acting like such a smartass about everything already.

jkr_hatchback
10-16-2009, 04:58 PM
You just seem like a faggot lol stop acting like such a smartass about everything already.

Experience/Results > Book Knowledge/ that shit you reading

pics!

Urban Bitchass
10-16-2009, 05:37 PM

x2

Deluxe Son
10-16-2009, 06:22 PM

loll are u serious? wow

J Stuff
10-16-2009, 08:54 PM
loll are u serious? wow

saw a lady instruct her son to "STAY HERE DONT GO ANYWHERE". She made him sit on a flat bench in the freeweight area at 6pm with a big crowd at the gym. He was playing with his nintendo ds not bothering people but was hindering other people from using the bench.

The mother was at the other end of the gym. Not very good parenting. Free weight area isnt safe for 7 year olds.

jkr_hatchback
10-16-2009, 09:01 PM
loll are u serious? wow

Lil asian guy at UH rec center. Works out with another guy named Steven. :facepalm:

DC
10-17-2009, 04:29 PM
lol @ halfstache

DUBGURL19
10-17-2009, 05:29 PM
saw a lady instruct her son to "STAY HERE DONT GO ANYWHERE". She made him sit on a flat bench in the freeweight area at 6pm with a big crowd at the gym. He was playing with his nintendo ds not bothering people but was hindering other people from using the bench.

The mother was at the other end of the gym. Not very good parenting. Free weight area isnt safe for 7 year olds.

I would never! Good gym management would have not even allowed that

DC
10-17-2009, 05:41 PM

The fuck is up with that?? You are only supposed to rest a couple of minutes between sets anyhow.

mjp
10-17-2009, 05:52 PM

fat

yanin_flo
10-18-2009, 06:35 PM
guys in the locker room splashing themselves with ky/oil is a big big face palm.

no! for me it's walking into an invisible axe cloud. :weirdo:

mle_92cx
10-23-2009, 03:05 AM
I like it when a fat 300+ pound guy who can only lift 185 on flat bench tells me how to gain strength. I just put 405 and rep it 6-8 times and keep letting him talk.

dudeimfromhtown
10-24-2009, 05:22 PM
this one big indian dude was shoulder pressing 25 pounds and threw them on the floor and looked around and kept on doing it for about 20 mins i hate people who over exaggerate at the gym :facepalm:

TheSnowMan
10-26-2009, 08:14 AM
this one big indian dude was shoulder pressing 25 pounds and threw them on the floor and looked around and kept on doing it for about 20 mins i hate people who over exaggerate at the gym :facepalm:

Right, or when people make fake sounds. You don't need to make the same sounds on your warm up set that you do for regular lifting. Just breathe right

ChuyiN
10-27-2009, 01:35 PM
so i was minding my own business on the treadmill yesterday doing the usual 2 miles for monday, when I notice people looking to the entrance of the gym and theres two black girls fighting lol.. The smallest chick pushes/punches the bigger girl ( around 250 lbs) and bammm she hits the floor .. i was :rofl::rofl:

winc281
10-27-2009, 01:45 PM
lol

chingpo05
10-27-2009, 08:42 PM
I was at the cable machine area, didnt look like anyone was using the machine because it was empty for a while. I started to use it and all of a sudden some guy was standing behind me smiling.

I asked "were you using this?"

he just smiled bigger and nodded

I said "oh.. ok.."

I mean really, can you speak?

he was looking at your ass christian

DUBGURL19
10-28-2009, 06:06 AM
I was teaching the other day and we have big glass windows facing the back of the treadmills - this guy was digging in his butt for like 5 mins. I was trying really hard not to laugh, think he knew I was teaching a class right behind

rambamohdam
11-16-2009, 11:06 AM
tried to holla at girl today... turned out that she was too young... gaahh damnit... should be a rule to not wear class shirts that arent yours!!! gah damnit! and also if you dont have a older sister dont wear it! gaaahh damnit!!!

DC
11-16-2009, 11:10 AM
tried to holla at girl today... turned out that she was too young... gaahh damnit... should be a rule to not wear class shirts that arent yours!!! gah damnit! and also if you dont have a older sister dont wear it! gaaahh damnit!!!

lolz, owned!!

ChuyiN
11-16-2009, 02:42 PM

now that u talk about hitting on girls at the gym.. does anybody does it? am in I personally dont do it. I just do eye contact and smile, but dont really start a convo.

htownfister
11-16-2009, 05:15 PM
i did it once, we kept having eye contact and exchanging alot of smiles. So i went fo it. Of course, she turn me down, said her dad was there as well. A few weeks later i saw her again, she came up to me and apologize because she had lied to me. but that was it.

rambamohdam
11-16-2009, 10:28 PM
meh...it rlly did suck cause the glancing and smiles happened for a good while and i even made her as one of the things i should do when i reach my weight... FUCK... haha fuck these steroids in our meat nowadays...

DUBGURL19
11-17-2009, 05:48 AM
now that u talk about hitting on girls at the gym.. does anybody does it? am in I personally dont do it. I just do eye contact and smile, but dont really start a convo.

Seriously dude that is annoying as hell! If you are going to look and smile and you get a smile back talk to the woman!

Why you gonna play hard to get... Even if she doesnt wanna date you, at least spark up a convo.

ChuyiN
11-17-2009, 06:56 AM
Seriously dude that is annoying as hell! If you are going to look and smile and you get a smile back talk to the woman!

Why you gonna play hard to get... Even if she doesnt wanna date you, at least spark up a convo.

yeah I'm goin to start doing that lol.. I just dont find the gym appropiate to chit chat. I go there, work out and walk out. :facepalm:

The_Houstonian
11-17-2009, 07:34 AM
palabar, i went to the gym this morning and did what i do best, work out! but seen a few chicks and did the usual look and smile then went along with what i was doing

plus i got my ear phones on so im in the zone

goztepe2002
11-17-2009, 12:10 PM

Black dudes always crack me up. When i used to work out at hwy @ westy .. any white chick with a lil bit of a bubble in the back .. all the black guys stop working out and start turning heads :facepalm: Some of them do while working out too .. nga u gonna hurt urself :Goofy:

Jeebus
11-17-2009, 12:12 PM
I almost fell off the treadmill once because of the eye and smile thing, I learn to mind my business at the gym ever since then:o

ChuyiN
11-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Black dudes always crack me up. When i used to work out at hwy @ westy .. any white chick with a lil bit of a bubble in the back .. all the black guys stop working out and start turning heads :facepalm: Some of them do while working out too .. nga u gonna hurt urself :Goofy:

dude i work out at that gym and its trueee lol (dairy and westheimer).. black dudes always staring hardcore at hot latinas/white chicks and be like daaaaaaaamn . ( I do it too, but in a more decent way lol)

mr toolio
11-17-2009, 03:11 PM
if i was single i wouldnt even holler.. im there to do work son!

chinaman_87
11-18-2009, 12:32 AM
dude i work out at that gym and its trueee lol (dairy and westheimer).. black dudes always staring hardcore at hot latinas/white chicks and be like daaaaaaaamn . ( I do it too, but in a more decent way lol)

same, but sometimes them females are so curvy that your head just naturally turns lol

yanin_flo
11-18-2009, 01:39 AM
i usually do the smile thing. but if they' re cute or a coug in most cases ill just work my way over and be like "excuse me but can you stop looking at me.." usual response is "oh its because you look so good" how lame =p

htownfister
11-18-2009, 11:33 AM
LMFAO^

DUBGURL19
11-18-2009, 02:25 PM

This is awful, @ of the worst cases is once when I walked in some guy whistled at me on a machine, I stopped right in front of him and asked him if he was serious because I am like 5 feet away from him...

The last one was bad some young punk kid said "say bitch can I get your number"

WTH for real? I asked him that ever worked?

winc281
11-18-2009, 02:32 PM

:roflmao:

goztepe2002
11-18-2009, 11:38 PM
This is awful, @ of the worst cases is once when I walked in some guy whistled at me on a machine, I stopped right in front of him and asked him if he was serious because I am like 5 feet away from him...

WTH for real? I asked him that ever worked?

:rofl: say bitch lemme holla at you holla holla holaaaa

yanin_flo
11-19-2009, 12:02 AM
"say bitch can I get your number"

this works in most cases. girls like jerkwads:p

DUBGURL19
11-19-2009, 06:23 AM
I guess I am old school then where calling someone bitch is an insult.

bowfinger
11-19-2009, 06:24 AM
I think Im gonna start using that line.

DUBGURL19
11-19-2009, 06:27 AM
If it works please take a pic of the girl that falls for it. :)

DC
11-19-2009, 06:54 AM
:rofl: say bitch lemme holla at you holla holla holaaaa

Holla fo a dolla!

ICED@15K
11-19-2009, 07:03 AM
It's like that at my gym and it's gotten to the point where it's just ridiculous. Like these guys don't even try and play it off they'll just stare at the girl until her clothes fall off or something.

Apparently that's not the case these days.

ChuyiN
11-19-2009, 07:24 AM
It's like that at my gym and it's gotten to the point where it's just ridiculous. Like these guys don't even try and play it off they'll just stare at the girl until her clothes fall off or something.

Apparently that's not the case these days.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

yanin_flo
11-19-2009, 09:45 AM

aww i wus kiddin! i usually go for an opening line and ride off looks the rest of the way lol.

Jeebus
11-19-2009, 09:50 AM
Must be that halfstache that gets all the ladies.

yanin_flo
11-19-2009, 01:09 PM
Must be that halfstache that gets all the ladies.

ask your girl ;]

Jeebus
11-19-2009, 01:16 PM
ask her what?

arkive43
11-19-2009, 01:19 PM
:rofl:

winc281
11-19-2009, 01:45 PM

wrd...hoodrats don't see it that way

yanin_flo
11-24-2009, 12:22 AM
If it works please take a pic of the girl that falls for it. :)

fyi, you just cant go around taking pics of the girls you talk too! you have to make them feel special!

lol totally joking.

mle_92cx
11-25-2009, 06:42 PM
I like when old ppl stare at me and say shit like your gonna hurt yourself with that weight.

I always tell them to try and dead lift the 700lbs on the bar and they always say no for some reason.

yanin_flo
11-26-2009, 11:29 AM
I like when old ppl stare at me and say shit like your gonna hurt yourself with that weight.

I always tell them to try and dead lift the 700lbs on the bar and they always say no for some reason.

honestly, i see no point in doing 700lb deadlift in the gym. most of these guy are no mass no def. and are strong ass hell. that truly makes me :facepalm:

moleman
11-27-2009, 09:23 AM
honestly, i see no point in doing 700lb deadlift in the gym. most of these guy are no mass no def. and are strong ass hell. that truly makes me :facepalm:

people have differnt goals in the gym

DUBGURL19
11-27-2009, 09:45 AM
people have differnt goals in the gym

Very true, I hear people talk about some of our off season bodybuilders all the time -

they say those guys are just fat or not are not lean..... but what they dont realize is see them when they are leaning..

You can never assumes someones goals...

yanin_flo
11-27-2009, 10:23 AM
Very true, I hear people talk about some of our off season bodybuilders all the time -

they say those guys are just fat or not are not lean..... but what they dont realize is see them when they are leaning..

You can never assumes someones goals...

not talking about bodybuilders. i know the diff between an off season bodybuilder and a guy who thinks he's world strongest man.

i understand people having different goals and its amazing to see someone able to perform feats of strength i guess, but im all about development forget strength..however it does come along the way.

rambamohdam
12-04-2009, 07:20 AM
so im talking to this one guy, kinda feel bad to say that he has some screws missing from his brain, and a friend of mine comes by and asks him "aye yo, are you a virgin?" and this guy goes... "yeah, but i still be fuckin hoes"

lol... made me cry

ryk
12-04-2009, 07:28 AM
I woulda busted out laughing right in his face.
Maybe he ment hose? :dunno:

ChuyiN
12-04-2009, 07:34 AM
I was about do deadlifts yesteaday and all the spots where taken, so i ask this guy" hey bud, u almost done".. he is like naaah man I got like 4 more sets.I was oh ok cool. Then I proceed to drink some water as soon as I turn back, a nice lookin girl asks him for the spot, and without even thinking twice he is like "yeah Im done" I was likee fuuuuuuuuuuuk. more like a :facepalm: to me . the power of the pussy .. what can i say ahahah

ryk
12-04-2009, 07:41 AM
Shit like that makes me get an erection for my garage/gym.
I don't know how you contained yourself. I would've had no choice but to confront him about it.

ChuyiN
12-04-2009, 07:55 AM
I was going to say something, but I waited like 2 more minutes and one of the other spots was available. I still gave him the fuuuuuuk u look..

ryk
12-04-2009, 08:04 AM
I was going to say something, but I waited like 2 more minutes and one of the other spots was available. I still gave him the fuuuuuuk u look..

Was it :really?:

SE_TEG96
12-04-2009, 08:10 AM
I was working out yesterday and i was doing some pretty heavy weights (to my standards).....and I seriously almost shit my pants doing them. LOL....

ChuyiN
12-04-2009, 10:15 AM
I was working out yesterday and i was doing some pretty heavy weights (to my standards).....and I seriously almost shit my pants doing them. LOL....

dont force yourself dudee..u will get hurt.. take it easyyyy

htownfister
12-04-2009, 01:07 PM
dont force yourself dudee..u will get hurt.. take it easyyyy

LOL

mr toolio
12-06-2009, 08:27 PM

HAHAHA.. that made me rofl

DUBGURL19
12-07-2009, 08:13 PM
here we go I needed to do close grip bench... all the flat benches were being used guys doing bench press that is cool... but by the free weights we have 3 flat bences two were being used by dudes to set the weights on... never once did they use the bench beside to hold the weights... For real? are you that fucking lazy that you cannot pick up the weights from the floor?

tofuspeedster
12-07-2009, 09:30 PM
nigras keep fucking staring and shit at me.

Ugh lemme work out in peace asshole, it's the only time I have to myself.

rambamohdam
12-08-2009, 01:24 AM
came in today, walked to the bench's asked a guy who's just sitting there how many more set's he has, and he looks at me and says.. "ummm 3." wtf. foreal? walked away did a machine, came back. fuckers still sitting there. brack ppl these days.

s0sik
12-08-2009, 03:41 AM
HAHAHA.. that made me rofl

LOL ditto

yanin_flo
12-10-2009, 12:49 AM
here we go I needed to do close grip bench... all the flat benches were being used guys doing bench press that is cool... but by the free weights we have 3 flat bences two were being used by dudes to set the weights on... never once did they use the bench beside to hold the weights... For real? are you that fucking lazy that you cannot pick up the weights from the floor?

i know what what you mean? however i never have a problem with people like ya'll seem to have. lol

DUBGURL19
12-10-2009, 05:53 AM
I work out in a place where verty few people are serious about working out... most of them are there for social hour....

Bob'sBurgers
12-10-2009, 09:43 AM
I saw a personal trainer that works for the gym walk into burger king close by and he kept looking over his shoulder as he was walking in

he was getting a salad

lol

Bob'sBurgers
12-10-2009, 09:55 AM
nigras keep fucking staring and shit at me.

Ugh lemme work out in peace asshole, it's the only time I have to myself.

http://msp153.photobucket.com/albums/s226/thegodfather_530/woogie.jpg

where do u werk out? im thinking of joining a gym and will need a work out buddy :Goofy: but seriously, i will do at least at 3 times a week serious work outs not that bullshit social hang outs. anyone let me know

DUBGURL19
12-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Im 24 midtown and san Jac

Bob'sBurgers
12-10-2009, 03:49 PM

are u a trainer?
and that location is kinda far :(
i need to get some rates to see where i get a better deal

DUBGURL19
12-10-2009, 07:49 PM
No i am not a trainer, i am too selfish right now I just want to worry about my own workout... :)

24 trainers usually charge like 30 to 60 and hour

yanin_flo
12-11-2009, 12:21 AM

ill workout with ya! the 24 in midtown is really nice but i just have to deal with the unwanted attention if you get my drift. and san jac? hmm iono where that one is fairmont is really nice too tho. thats my current gym.

DUBGURL19
12-11-2009, 05:59 AM
ill workout with ya! the 24 in midtown is really nice but i just have to deal with the unwanted attention if you get my drift. and san jac? hmm iono where that one is fairmont is really nice too tho. thats my current gym.

You mean all the gay guys? - That is why I love that gym!

syntheticGT
12-11-2009, 07:00 AM
I have a few.....

I saw a guy on the elevated leg press trying to show off for his girl. He had to have put 4-500lbs of weight up there from what I can remember. They keep talking before he starts so I get up on the chair and begin my dips. All of a sudden I hear HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!! :rofl: This tool is now being squished into the seat underneath all the fkn weight. I see 2 trainers come powering through the gym, hop the fence separating free weights, and just start throwing 45lb weights off the side.

Another time, I was sitting on a machine working my backles when I hear....

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH!!!!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPH!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Shit was fkn loud. I walk around the corner to the free weights for some hammer strength time and I see this white guy of maybe 30 years old. He is a pretty big muscly dooder. He has a 5lb dumbell in his hand and it sounds like he is about to shit himself.

yanin_flo
12-11-2009, 11:11 AM
You mean all the gay guys? - That is why I love that gym!

LOL now that you mention it, yes! its all good its a bit of my own medicine i guess. im no homophobe. ready for me to school you! :)

DUBGURL19
12-11-2009, 01:15 PM
You are going to school me? hmmmmm

yanin_flo
12-12-2009, 01:33 AM
yeap! =]

chinaman_87
12-12-2009, 06:59 PM
hey Dub girl how are those gloves working out for ya?

DUBGURL19
12-14-2009, 08:35 AM
The versa grips are amazing!! After a few times to get used to them I love them... They are sticky and I can increase my weight because my grip does not get tired...

chinaman_87
12-14-2009, 12:19 PM
thanks, maybe I'll pick those up

DUBGURL19
12-15-2009, 06:05 AM
F U new people!!!!! Man my gym was so crowded last night and I dont mind I am even happy for them... but put the freaking weights up!!!

45, 65 all over the place the girls I were training almost killed themselves several times.

DUBGURL19
12-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Here we go - my gym life in a nutshell

http://www.hi-upload.com/upload/uploaded12/muscle girl.jpg

ICED@15K
12-15-2009, 09:36 AM
^lmao I see that all of the time and it's by the same guy! There's this dude that works at the 24hr that I go to and he also works out there as well. Well everytime I go in and he's working out I see him hop from one hot girl to the next talking to them and showing them how to do stuff. This dude just like hounds them down and he'll only go up to the hot girls. Saw him hit up three chicks last night in the matter of 20 minutes, he works fast lol.

yanin_flo
12-15-2009, 09:49 AM
^lmao I see that all of the time and it's by the same guy! There's this dude that works at the 24hr that I go to and he also works out there as well. Well everytime I go in and he's working out I see him hop from one hot girl to the next talking to them and showing them how to do stuff. This dude just like hounds them down and he'll only go up to the hot girls. Saw him hit up three chicks last night in the matter of 20 minutes, he works fast lol.

this also bothers me lol.

ryk
12-15-2009, 09:53 AM
I have a few.....

I saw a guy on the elevated leg press trying to show off for his girl. He had to have put 4-500lbs of weight up there from what I can remember. They keep talking before he starts so I get up on the chair and begin my dips. All of a sudden I hear HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!! :rofl: This tool is now being squished into the seat underneath all the fkn weight. I see 2 trainers come powering through the gym, hop the fence separating free weights, and just start throwing 45lb weights off the side.

Another time, I was sitting on a machine working my backles when I hear....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Shit was fkn loud. I walk around the corner to the free weights for some hammer strength time and I see this white guy of maybe 30 years old. He is a pretty big muscly dooder. He has a 5lb dumbell in his hand and it sounds like he is about to shit himself.

This had me r:roflmao:lling!

F U new people!!!!! Man my gym was so crowded last night and I dont mind I am even happy for them... but put the freaking weights up!!!

45, 65 all over the place the girls I were training almost killed themselves several times.

This had me glad I don't go to a gym. Especially around this time of year when a shit load of folks and their momma gets a membership to work out for like 1 month only to quit because they didn't see results.

DUBGURL19
12-15-2009, 10:09 AM
This had me r:roflmao:lling!

This had me glad I don't go to a gym. Especially around this time of year when a shit load of folks and their momma gets a membership to work out for like 1 month only to quit because they didn't see results.

I really dont mind them at all.. I realize everyone has to start somewhere - but come on man common sense and gym etiquette .

DUBGURL19
12-15-2009, 10:14 AM

Ugh - I wish I could wear a shirt that says - dont waste your breathe I am gay... but I seriously doubt that would help at all.

ryk
12-15-2009, 10:28 AM
Here we go - my gym life in a nutshell

http://www.hi-upload.com/upload/uploaded12/muscle girl.jpg

If this is your gym life, then your shoulders should be in pain because of the behind the neck presses. I kid, I kid.
Even though I only had a month membership at a gym, I've actually seen that multiple times. EVERY time I've saw it, the dude is all cologned out and where ever he was standing, the smell lingers for a long time. :weirdo:
I applaud women for going to the gym. I'm sure it takes alot of effort to avoid the hawkers. Like mosquitos to a bug zapper.

winc281
12-15-2009, 10:32 AM
Could always go to Curves or any other similar women only place.

DUBGURL19
12-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Could always go to Curves or any other similar women only place.

I shall take my chances with the meatheads...

ChuyiN
12-15-2009, 11:51 AM
Ugh - I wish I could wear a shirt that says - dont waste your breathe I am gay... but I seriously doubt that would help at all.

probably woudnt help.. now you would have all them ladies over you lol

ryk
12-15-2009, 11:58 AM
LOL! Or she'd have all the men thinking they can change her perspective.

DUBGURL19
12-15-2009, 12:20 PM
LOL! Or she'd have all the men thinking they can change her perspective.

Exactly!

I usually work out with most of the women already - I try to show them the light!

They are always scared of the weight at first but they come around.

LoL except I work out with this one girl she is always joking but she makes these "oh yeah" oh baby noises and she embarrases the hell out of me.. It totally does not help that she is way hot...

Bob'sBurgers
12-15-2009, 02:18 PM
http://houston-imports.com/forums/image.php?u=4591&dateline=1260886730
wtf iced@ what happen to Asian mega man

ICED@15K
12-15-2009, 02:24 PM
Got bored with it. I'll put one back up next year lol.

Bob'sBurgers
12-15-2009, 03:54 PM
Got bored with it. I'll put one back up next year lol.

lol its fucken weird/ FUNNY no keep it

ryk
02-04-2010, 11:05 AM
I had to bump this since I now have a gym membership and have something to add.

This 60 year old, spandex wearing man with braces on every joint of his body approached me mid squat and voluntarily offered to show me a technique that is better on the knees. I had my headphones on so I had to stop, take them off (with 4 reps left to go) and asked him to repeat himself since I didn't hear him.
He then proceeded to unload my weight to the bare bar, assumed a position and rambled on and on and on about knee safety. He did 1 rep, said "that's how it's done, my man. now give it a shot" and walked off.
I was left with an empty squat bar, cooled off and broken rythm. Talk about odd.

Jeebus
02-04-2010, 11:10 AM
lol

yanin_flo
02-04-2010, 11:11 AM
lmaooo! there are some old schools like that at my gym they wouldn't dare approach me but I've gotten a head nod or two lol

winc281
02-04-2010, 11:29 AM

This 60 year old, spandex wearing man with braces on every joint of his body approached me mid squat and voluntarily offered to show me a technique that is better on the knees. I had my headphones on so I had to stop, take them off (with 4 reps left to go) and asked him to repeat himself since I didn't hear him.
He then proceeded to unload my weight to the bare bar, assumed a position and rambled on and on and on about knee safety. He did 1 rep, said "that's how it's done, my man. now give it a shot" and walked off.
I was left with an empty squat bar, cooled off and broken rythm. Talk about odd.

:roflmao:

Urban Bitchass
02-04-2010, 11:53 AM

He raped you...so to speak.

ryk
02-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Right?! I was gym raped and felt so violated.
Left with nothing but a confused, scared look and an empty weight bar.

yanin_flo
02-04-2010, 01:50 PM
at least you didn't have to take it down..

DUBGURL19
02-05-2010, 05:43 AM
Right?! I was gym raped and felt so violated.
Left with nothing but a confused, scared look and an empty weight bar.

Ryk that is too funny...

There are two kinds of knowledgable people at the gym - those that see you doing it wrong but dont dare come tell you - and then those that care and actually dont want you to hurt yourself...

Just beware of the ones that teach you wrong technique!

ryk
02-05-2010, 07:14 AM
I go at 11 so there's not too many folks there. Aside from a couple of hardcore meatheads, it's occupants are that of the older age so I don't get approached much.

mr toolio
02-05-2010, 08:17 AM
I dont like to see people in the typical gray sweatpants, especially old dudes.. ugh!

yanin_flo
02-05-2010, 09:36 AM
wet butt spots are a fail =/

XImmaculateX
02-05-2010, 09:49 AM
man i hate when people stay on the same machine for 45mins!!!! and not a cardio one!

yanin_flo
02-05-2010, 11:00 AM
there's this one guy in my gym that has that same problem. he'll get his dumbbells down or set his rack then take about 10min to start his 1st set, then he'll walk a lap around the gym i guess trying to see who to talk to next then another set and repeat ive seen him talking to random people on the treadmill while someone is waiting on his bench to finish.

XImmaculateX
02-05-2010, 11:24 AM
there's this one guy in my gym that has that same problem. he'll get his dumbbells down or set his rack then take about 10min to start his 1st set, then he'll walk a lap around the gym i guess trying to see who to talk to next then another set and repeat ive seen him talking to random people on the treadmill while someone is waiting on his bench to finish.

yeah that pisses me off this dude always get on the seated leg press and starts off with no weight and one leg up and down then he does the other leg with no weight then he does both legs, AND then he adds 5 pounds on each side and works that way up till he has 3 45s on each side. and its always on my my damn leg day he does that shit takes him 45mins to 1hr and this dude does this on all the machines i feel like knocking him in the head haha

mr toolio
02-05-2010, 11:34 AM
the squat rack at my gym is occassionally infested with broskis. Right around 3pm or so they come from school, rack up the bar and walk around for 10 mins.. they do 3 reps.. walk around a bit, help spot their buddy who looks to be about passed out from the 45 lb plates on each side.. then back tot he squat rack for another 3 reps. All this while wearing a weight belt for 135 lbs? GTFO

yanin_flo
02-05-2010, 12:22 PM
there was this gymbag hogging the squat rack not long ago. he's about 6'2 well over 220 started with 2[45] on each side slowly made his way up to 300lb and wasn't even going all the way down. i finish my entire leg workout witch takes about 30-40min and he was barely coming back down from 300lb. im like dude GO HOME.

ryk
02-05-2010, 12:59 PM
WORD. Gym socializers are pretty fricken annoying. Do work, then go home.
I understand wanting to say hi and be friendly, but turning a workout to a "guys day out" gets a little old.
'Scuse me sir... how's about you let someone who wants to workout use the machine".

winc281
02-05-2010, 01:41 PM
^wrd.

I hate when people use 2 machines apart from each other. Like they do a set on the bench then walk to the other side of the gym to do a back exercise or something and just go back and forth between sets.

yanin_flo
02-05-2010, 03:26 PM
^wrd.

I hate when people use 2 machines apart from each other. Like they do a set on the bench then walk to the other side of the gym to do a back exercise or something and just go back and forth between sets.

i do this sometimes but you have to have the the proper etiquette to pull it off. and you can take 45mins either...

XImmaculateX
02-05-2010, 03:43 PM
there was this gymbag hogging the squat rack not long ago. he's about 6'2 well over 220 started with 2[45] on each side slowly made his way up to 300lb and wasn't even going all the way down. i finish my entire leg workout witch takes about 30-40min and he was barely coming back down from 300lb. im like dude GO HOME.

haha thats another thing that pisses me off when people lift heavy ass weight and hardly go down. i know this dude who always put around 185 on the bench(not even heavy) and maybe goes down 1 inch what the hell is that

ChuyiN
02-06-2010, 08:17 AM
I ask this black dude if i could work in with him on the decline bench since theres only one in there. I proceed to do my set, as soon as i got up this indian dude put his towel on the bench and the black dude made the WTF face, so we let the him work with us lol. He grabs two 5 lbs weights and does some combinations of dumbell flyes/decline press and other weird stuff. He takes his sweat time, and when he " finishes" his set he stays there for like an extra 5 min pretending to be tired. By this time the black dude was getting pissed and told him to gtfo and the indian dude got scared and left. His face was priceless. lol

SiR_acCord
02-06-2010, 09:36 AM
I ask this black dude if i could work in with him on the decline bench since theres only one in there. I proceed to do my set, as soon as i got up this indian dude put his towel on the bench and the black dude made the WTF face, so we let the him work with us lol. He grabs two 5 lbs weights and does some combinations of dumbell flyes/decline press and other weird stuff. He takes his sweat time, and when he " finishes" his set he stays there for like an extra 5 min pretending to be tired. By this time the black dude was getting pissed and told him to gtfo and the indian dude got scared and left. His face was priceless. lol

lol... thats funny. some of them indians smell pretty bad too.. srry to say. i almost threw up a couple of times.

ryk
02-06-2010, 09:41 AM

tofuspeedster
02-06-2010, 11:19 AM

Same thing happened to me Thursday during my backwork out.. ran through the whole thing with 4 people in an hour and a half.. the whole time this dude was doing nothing but deadlifting..

10js
02-06-2010, 11:26 AM
HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!![/SIZE]

TLontheDL
02-07-2010, 09:09 PM
^ he was probably doing burnouts. burnouts can be hard and tiring too

yanin_flo
02-07-2010, 09:34 PM
but people still need to control there yelling. its a gym not your garage.

J Stuff
02-07-2010, 09:53 PM
lol... thats funny. some of them indians smell pretty bad too.. srry to say. i almost threw up a couple of times.

this plus the people that dont bother to wash their workout shirt. I swear some people have only one single shirt when they go to the gym

chinaman_87
02-08-2010, 01:55 PM
I think I walked into someones burp mist yesterday :facepalm:

XImmaculateX
02-08-2010, 01:59 PM
this plus the people that dont bother to wash their workout shirt. I swear some people have only one single shirt when they go to the gym

Maybe its the same kind of shirt different shirts. I have a Shit load of bb.com shirts I get for free because of large orders and I might wear them 3days in a row but they are all clean shirts just same style

Jeebus
02-08-2010, 02:03 PM
wrd. I use all my old black under shirts for the gym. Its about 6 of them but they all look the same, black and faded. Some people actually wear what appears to be the same clothes everyday. I hate when Im in the middle of a set then all of sudden this gust of smelly air comes my way. Wash your clothes people. Fuck:gonk:

mr toolio
02-08-2010, 04:44 PM
I think I walked into someones burp mist yesterday :facepalm:

AAAHAHHAHAAH dis nga said burp mist.. fkn eww

DUBGURL19
02-09-2010, 09:37 AM

I always wonder when i see people wear the same pants and shirt everyday!!! Do they wash it everyday or no? because that is gross.

edex
02-09-2010, 10:01 AM
i know it's against reasoning, but if i've had a hard day at work, i take a shower before going to the gym.

I can't stand smelling like old sweat and ass from earlier, much less smell that coming from other ppl.

I know I know, why take a shower if you're going to work up a sweat again. well it stinks.

ryk
02-10-2010, 01:44 PM
New :facepalm: ones for today:
1. dude was talking on the phone while bench pressing (no blue tooth headset... the guy had the phone pinched to his ear with his shoulder and head.

2. black dude was rapping some seriously vulgar lyrics while listening to his iPod VERY LOUD. A lady finally walked up and asked him to refrain from the vulgarity.

winc281
02-10-2010, 02:01 PM
wow serious :facepalm: at the 1st

2nd-just his nature....boys gotta get his rhymes right before he hits the studio

10js
02-10-2010, 02:13 PM
YEAH BUDDY

LIGHT WEIGHT

ryk
02-10-2010, 02:18 PM
wow serious :facepalm: at the 1st

2nd-just his nature....boys gotta get his rhymes right before he hits the studio

I would've taken a picture, but I don't take my phone with me when I workout. He also did sit ups while talking on the phone.

ChuyiN
02-10-2010, 02:25 PM
I would've taken a picture, but I don't take my phone with me when I workout. He also did sit ups while talking on the phone.

he is probably telling his baby gurl what he is doing, and how many sets he has left lol

Slim ThuG
02-11-2010, 10:19 AM
I saw a HS girl crying at the gym yesterday...wtf bitch take that shit elsewhere

ryk
02-11-2010, 10:23 AM
Maybe she felt the burn and couldn't handle it.