PDA

View Full Version : Pride Fighting VS UFC

Jasdeep
09-18-2009, 07:32 AM
What is your perspective between the two?

To me Pride has the bad motherf'ers and UFC has the $$$$$$$
of course rules are more freely in pride as well

pride > ufc, any day

JDM98Ferio
09-18-2009, 07:52 AM
Well Pride is owned by the UFC now! Not all Pride fighters were bad ass! Once the steroids were taken away they would get knocked out or gassed out! Wanderlei is the perfect example so small now going to 185! He was a big 225 in the OWGP!

JDM98Ferio
09-18-2009, 08:07 AM
Pride would bring in randon Judo guys or wrestlers with no MMA backgrounds at all to get pummeled! They would even bring in Japanese pro wrestlers to fight and KTFO! LOL I liked pride for the knees to downed opponents! Soccer kicks are bitch moves! fights on the card were crazy too 360lb + vs 185 soaking wet! LOL crazy stuff! Guy in Diaper beating the Drum always made me laugh! :thumb:

CivicR
09-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Overall, I think UFC has more quality fighters. I'm not saying that Pride did not have some bad ass dudes of their own but they didn't have as high a percentage rate of quality fighters. UFC > Pride

bushidoben
09-18-2009, 11:25 AM
pride fights were much more entertaining, i love the pride fighters because they put on awesome fights, not to mention the best entrances ever, and of course FEDOR! PRIDE FTW!

mr toolio
09-18-2009, 12:05 PM
Production value is all Pride had that was better..

Bob'sBurgers
09-18-2009, 12:16 PM
pride effin rocks!!!
:rock:

Trae*
09-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Production value is all Pride had that was better..

Pride was terrible... 90 percent of the fighters were cans mostly japanese. No PED testing see mark coleman for proof. Boxing ring is made for boxing not mma.

mr toolio
09-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Pride was terrible... 90 percent of the fighters were cans mostly japanese. No PED testing see mark coleman for proof. Boxing ring is made for boxing not mma.

it was ok.. but production value, meaning entrances and shit were way better than UFC.

rompeculo
09-18-2009, 12:25 PM
UFC is the choice for me. Fedor is the only thing left in pride if you ask me. and alot of those pride fighters eather suck really hard or kick ass when they switch over to UFC. but eather way its all fun to watch pride is just more hard core. but i guess who ever has the cash (UFC) gets all the good fighters.

KINDA OFF TOPIC......
Does anyone have an opinion on Kimbo???... i love kimbo but some of these dudes look pretty hard core.. but i hope kimbo makes it in the UFC to fight Brock Lesnar.. just cuse it would be cool..

CivicR
09-18-2009, 12:47 PM
I think Kimbo has a great chance of winning the show, considering every one of those heavy weights looked out of shape and sloppy.

CivicR
09-18-2009, 12:48 PM
Kimbo would have fit in with most of Pride. Kimbo vs. Bob Sapp....LoL

Trae*
09-18-2009, 01:02 PM
it was ok.. but production value, meaning entrances and shit were way better than UFC.

If that's the selling point its a shame its fighting not WWE

koolaider
09-18-2009, 01:08 PM
pride sucks, their fighters sucks too

f1ip
09-18-2009, 01:11 PM
pride is long gone. but the only thing i liked about pride is:

the japanese crowd is near silent during a fight and only cheers when something happens. this is cool because you can hear the corners and stuff.

I also liked the presentation. all that flashy light and and stuff, victory music, awards, medals, trophys, flowers, japanese girls, judge judge judge.... ready FIGHT!!

UFC is a little mundane in presentation, but atleast they give good fights.

another thing i liked about pride is they had grand prix tournament bushido crap, why cant UFC have that kind of event too??

Bob'sBurgers
09-18-2009, 01:23 PM
pride sucks, their fighters sucks too

:facepalm:
no it doesnt.
you just dont know

CivicR
09-18-2009, 02:34 PM
Pride produced a lot of good, even great, fighters. I just think overall the UFC has a higher % of great fighters. From Pride you get Hendo, Rampage, Wanderlei and several others (not gonna sit here and list every great) that are bad ass and will end up being legends of MMA. Overall though UFC is the place to be and has been for a long time.

CivicR
09-18-2009, 02:36 PM
All the real fighters wait for the Kumite anyways, Frank Dux whoop that ass! LoL

Bob'sBurgers
09-18-2009, 02:43 PM
all the fighters that are in ufc are from PRIDE.

off topic cro cop is a bad ass fighter
get kicked by him and its lights out

unitedelements
09-18-2009, 03:01 PM
i liked pride bc when fights got boring they gave a warning and then started deducting pay

CivicR
09-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Cro Cop gets kicked by Gonzaga and it's lights out!! LoL

CivicR
09-18-2009, 03:47 PM
I never in a million years would have guessed Cro Cop would get KTFO by a kick from a silver back gorilla.

f1ip
09-19-2009, 12:00 PM
i liked pride bc when fights got boring they gave a warning and then started deducting pay

haha right? the ref would be like wtf is this.. ACTION!....... ACTION!.... then nothing happens they stand them up

Black
09-19-2009, 01:53 PM
always preferred pride over ufc for show quality when they were still around. I liked when they would do the exhibition pride vs k1 .

JDM98Ferio
09-21-2009, 07:46 AM
Pride isnt dead UFC just started a full Pride section in their store! Pride shirts DVDs etc.! LOL:thumb:

mr toolio
09-21-2009, 09:18 AM
If that's the selling point its a shame its fighting not WWE

heh, didnt work but entrances are still better than UFC by light years.

irvin_lazo
09-21-2009, 09:26 AM
pride had better fighters and an overall better organization. When ufc when to japan to prove they had the better figthers they got canned by rampage. Chuck did get by 2 good fighters but was beat by a decent fighter at that time in pride (rampage). Not to mention pride fighters fought all the time. Anderson silva came from pride, Big nog came from pride etc..2 champs in ufc.

CivicR
09-21-2009, 10:49 AM
^^^ Rampage also came to UFC and got his but kicked by Forest Griffin.

mr toolio
09-21-2009, 11:25 AM

as did shogun

look at Sokoudjou. beat the piss out of 2 tops pride guys then ran into a brick wall called Machida and Luiz Cane heh.

CivicR
09-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Thought I would tell you guys my friends Jay and Kevin both won their bouts on Saturday. It was tough, the fight was outside and it had rained earlier that day and with the humidity the mat was slick. Fights can be watched at:

www.purefight.org

click on the Butterbean Icon to watch the main event, then all the other bouts are listed on the side, you can watch em all.

mr toolio
09-21-2009, 11:37 AM
Fuck yea! Great fights!

CivicR
09-21-2009, 11:41 AM
Hahaha, Butterbean is fighting Tank Abbott in December!!!!!!!

TooCoo
09-21-2009, 12:53 PM
all the fighters that are in ufc are from PRIDE.

off topic cro cop is a bad ass fighter
get kicked by him and its lights out

so much for that statement...he's done...

Jah1mon
09-22-2009, 09:46 AM
Some of the things that made pride exciting where soccer kicks, kneeing on the ground, and jumping into someone's guard. It really prevented grapplers/wrestlers stalling and just holding each other.

But I hated the ring for the constant restarts.

Trae*
09-22-2009, 09:52 AM
so much for that statement...he's done...

statement was wrong to begin with... "all the fighters that are in the ufc are from pride"

irvin_lazo
09-22-2009, 01:47 PM

again like I said they had more fights in pride. How many fights does rampage have and how many does forrest griffen have. Forrest did not whoop rampage, he beat him in a split not unanimous. Shogun had 2 acl knee surgeries, lets see you recover like a super human after somthing like that. He lost over a year of training and figthing, and still managed to split griffens head in half. Griffen had trouble with a guy who wasnt even fully recovered and wayyyy out of shape. Look at the records from pride fighters and then the ones from ufc they dont even compare....Now Nogera vs Randy..that was a whooping...

Trae*
09-22-2009, 02:17 PM
again like I said they had more fights in pride. How many fights does rampage have and how many does forrest griffen have. Forrest did not whoop rampage, he beat him in a split not unanimous. Shogun had 2 acl knee surgeries, lets see you recover like a super human after somthing like that. He lost over a year of training and figthing, and still managed to split griffens head in half. Griffen had trouble with a guy who wasnt even fully recovered and wayyyy out of shape. Look at the records from pride fighters and then the ones from ufc they dont even compare....Now Nogera vs Randy..that was a whooping...

wtf this post is full of retarded fail.

forrest beat rampage by unanimous decision.
forrest has fought 12 times in the UFC rampage fought 13 in pride. so yea so many more fights.
forrest did not struggle with him
his head was not split in half
records dont compare? hmmm records favor UFC fighters 9 times out of 10 maybe you should go do your homework. and UFC vs former pride fighters def favors UFC.

JDM98Ferio
09-22-2009, 02:21 PM
Very true alot of Pride fighters were fed cans! A select few are in the UFC not all pride fighters! Alot of fighters were cans themselves! :facepalm:

ndo
09-22-2009, 06:09 PM
In my opinion rampage won the fight and they gave it to forrest I have watched the fight like 10 times and no way did he win that fight. it's all fixed IMO

Trae*
09-22-2009, 06:29 PM

In my opinion rampage won the fight and they gave it to forrest I have watched the fight like 10 times and no way did he win that fight. it's all fixed IMO

f1ip
09-22-2009, 06:34 PM

ok what about the leg kick that fucked him up?? u take that into consideration

CivicR
09-23-2009, 09:35 AM
Rampage did nothing in that fight that would have even gotten a split decision. Look I'm even a Rampage fan, but I'm not gonna kiss his ass after losing and make excuses. It's the fighters responsibility to go in the ring at 100% if he's hurt, don't fight. Shogun got handled by Griffin. You can't have an excuse every time you lose. What kinda shit is that, when you lose, you lose. Unless there is some sort of cheating involved (steroids, illegal knee, or some crazy stuff like that.) Now I'm not kissing Griffins ass either, Silva made him look stupid in the ring.

mr toolio
09-23-2009, 10:08 AM
The rampage griffin fight could have gone either way.. I did watch the Griffin Bonnar fight a few times again and man I think Bonnar really won it..

irvin_lazo
09-23-2009, 12:38 PM
wtf this post is full of retarded fail.

forrest beat rampage by unanimous decision.
forrest has fought 12 times in the UFC rampage fought 13 in pride. so yea so many more fights.
forrest did not struggle with him
his head was not split in half
records dont compare? hmmm records favor UFC fighters 9 times out of 10 maybe you should go do your homework. and UFC vs former pride fighters def favors UFC.

YOUR right and I love you, but I meant over all MMA records.
Forrest did struggle with him I dont care what you say.
He had a huge gash in his face.
Why do records favor ufc 9 times out of 10 hmmmmm just cause you say...
hahahahahaha! okay i believe you now and i love you more in the mouth cause im irwin lazo fool.
Ufc lost went they went to japan so shutty. Oh and i love you

Trae*
09-23-2009, 12:57 PM
YOUR right and I love you, but I meant over all MMA records.
Forrest did struggle with him I dont care what you say.
He had a huge gash in his face.
Why do records favor ufc 9 times out of 10 hmmmmm just cause you say...
hahahahahaha! okay i believe you now and i love you more in the mouth cause im irwin lazo fool.
Ufc lost went they went to japan so shutty. Oh and i love you

you cant fix stupid

irvin_lazo
09-23-2009, 01:58 PM
^^^^ your right, sorry for you.

Rampage
09-23-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm a big fan of Rampage - but he didn't win that fight.

I do miss PRIDE - mainly because it was entertaining the and crowd was respectful. Majority of UFC crowds are a bunch of drunken morons imo. They boo every chance they get.

irvin_lazo
09-24-2009, 07:22 AM
I'm a big fan of Rampage - but he didn't win that fight.

I do miss PRIDE - mainly because it was entertaining the and crowd was respectful. Majority of UFC crowds are a bunch of drunken morons imo. They boo every chance they get.

I dont think he lost it either...it was a close fight but not enough to take his belt away. You could hear your heart beat in a pride crowd hahahahaha. I remember when ufc went to pride to fight and rampage told Dana " sorry man but pride is where its at we got the best fighters and everything". Then he kicked the horse crap out of chuck Liddell and sent ufc home hahahahah! The funny thing was rampage was a b+ fighter in pride while chuck was an A+ fighter in ufc. I guess that proves my point but oh well im Irwin and i touch.

Trae*
09-24-2009, 07:29 AM
I dont think he lost it either...it was a close fight but not enough to take his belt away. You could hear your heart beat in a pride crowd hahahahaha. I remember when ufc went to pride to fight and rampage told Dana " sorry man but pride is where its at we got the best fighters and everything". Then he kicked the horse crap out of chuck Liddell and sent ufc home hahahahah! The funny thing was rampage was a b+ fighter in pride while chuck was an A+ fighter in ufc. I guess that proves my point but oh well im Irwin and i touch.

CivicR
09-24-2009, 09:34 AM
It's not golf. You're not required to be quiet. All the fighters always talk about how they love how the crowd treats them. They love to hear crowd reaction. Some of you guys are more interested in watching the fighter walk to the ring/cage....not the fight. If Pride were that great, they would have bought UFC.

irvin_lazo
09-24-2009, 02:01 PM

:facepalm: this guy I tell ya.

yanin_flo
10-13-2009, 01:42 PM
pride fc> undisputed

nemesisenforcer
10-18-2009, 07:58 PM
www.springmma.com
new gym on louetta and steubner airline by kline hich school! under royce gracie brazilian jiu jitsu network! coaches are naga champions. 1 week free and they provide the gi! tell them gavin sent ya if anyone is interested in joining.....

mr toolio
10-18-2009, 08:04 PM
why are you spamming?

Cpt. Krunk
10-18-2009, 08:35 PM
www.springmma.com
new gym on louetta and steubner airline by kline hich school! under royce gracie brazilian jiu jitsu network! coaches are naga champions. 1 week free and they provide the gi! tell them gavin sent ya if anyone is interested in joining.....

That's right down the road. That's cool they opened up a gym around Klein. A lot of kids will enjoy that.

nemesisenforcer
10-18-2009, 10:20 PM
That's right down the road. That's cool they opened up a gym around Klein. A lot of kids will enjoy that.

thanks, i agree...someone told me i was spamming...ha! anyways ufc is were all these pride fighters end up anyways.