PDA

View Full Version : Dislocated finger.....

AJtheRacer
09-17-2009, 01:27 AM
I thought i would ask here, since someone may know. But I hurt my finger acouple of weeks ago and a random therapist that my friend kinda knows looked at it and said i may have hyper sprang it. So she put it in a splint. Its been awhile and im tired of living with the pain. I think its dislocated. I recently lost my job, have no insurance and money is really tight for rent,etc. Does anyone know of a clinic or somewhere i can go?. ANd what all is involved if i decide to go to the hospital? especially since i dont have money. I appreciate any help you guys can give me. im embarrassed to ask like this, but its worth a shot.

oki_boy
09-17-2009, 03:35 AM
how did you hurt it in the first place? was it bent backwards, forwards, sideways?

AJtheRacer
09-17-2009, 11:26 AM
I was working on a project and cutting some thick plastic with and exacto and the plastic snapped. Cut myself on the same finger. Honestly i kinda blacked out because of the shock from the cut and blood. But acouple of days later i noticed it was crooked. I might of hit it on the table when i reacted to the cut. Heres a pic
-you can see the cut too
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm275/mountaindewfkr/DSC02247.jpg

rodneeking
09-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Wow, didn't see that coming. Hospital is going to cost an arm and a leg, do you have any friends in the Medical field? That may possibly be a better start.

JDM98Ferio
09-17-2009, 12:00 PM
Can you bend it? I have hurt my finger bad before as well looked crooked too but was just swollen bad! went back to normal now!

AJtheRacer
09-17-2009, 12:01 PM
Believe me, i tried asking all my friends.Nobody knows one medical student, paramedic or nurse. lol
Thats another reason i started this thread, to see if anyone knew a good place to go. Or if someone reading this was in the medical field and could fix this. Id be able give them alittle cash.

edit- I can bend it to a "trigger pulling" motion but not all the way. only like 85% of the way. How long did it take to go down? I just dont want to wait too long to the point where fixing it will be even more painful and costly. Itll be like 3 weeks tomorrow.

VashThaStampede
09-17-2009, 12:09 PM
pull it straight out til you feel it stretch..wiggle finger tip slowly side to side with other hand testing the limit of movement til it pops back into place.. I've done this several times and always fix it right away.. though never been as severly deformed as your finger..though that may be the result of immobilization and swelling

Ricer_civic00
09-17-2009, 12:44 PM
dumbass lol!!!!!! you should've called me. you know that i know a bunch of mexicans and can hook you up with just about anything including medical service lol. my friend works at medcure ill tell her to take a look at it i can get 50 % off xrays call me Angel has my number

Hyper
09-17-2009, 12:44 PM
Ewww, man I dunno, could be just swollen or infected. Maybe you can try a free clinic in the hood. Prepare to be there for a while though. You can go to a minor emergency clinic like the one in Humbe, It's a flat charge of $80. That's where I went when I sliced open my hand and needed stiches.

AJtheRacer
09-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Vash- i tried doing it myself, no luck. ANd nobody i know wants to try. afraid of messing it up even more. lol

ricer- pmed your ass

hyper- i called acouple of the emergency clinics that are close to me.(8 and westheimer) they want like $80 to see the doctor, another $100+ for xrays and maybe more depending on what else needs to be done. Screw that hot mess. lol

Hyper
09-17-2009, 01:27 PM
ACK! I just looked at it again lol, sorry man but damn that doesn't look right!

AJtheRacer
09-17-2009, 01:37 PM
i know, i know. Besides the pain, im self conscious whenever me and my wife go to LCC, the bars or just out in general. Holding her hand hides it though. Or holding a ice cold mountaindew while i walk around helps keep my nasty finger hidden.

edit-besides appearance, I cant even do my strength training at the gym!