PDA

View Full Version : Disney acquires Marvel

rodneeking
08-31-2009, 11:25 AM
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Disney-to-buy-comic-book-apf-730717139.html?x=0

Was going to post this in Ramblings but i figured it would be better here.

Bought them for 4 billion cash... This doesn't sound too promising for Marvel Movies.

Nega-Patio
08-31-2009, 11:27 AM
It sound promising to me, just look at WB and Batman. You guys do realize that disney does more than just kids movies right?

Jeebus
08-31-2009, 11:27 AM
oh noez

Gunz4Sale
08-31-2009, 11:28 AM
Pixar studios can marvel animated movies. That would be bad ass, I can't lie.

rodneeking
08-31-2009, 11:31 AM
Well they supposedly aren't going to mess with the upcoming movies. It said they'll re-examine the contracts with the other companies as they expire.

I'm thinking Disney may water down their movies though. A pixar Marvel movie would be pretty sweet though. Hopefully Disney doesn't screw up the dead pool movie they have planned.

P1C4Z0
08-31-2009, 11:43 AM
Well they supposedly aren't going to mess with the upcoming movies. It said they'll re-examine the contracts with the other companies as they expire.

I'm thinking Disney may water down their movies though. A pixar Marvel movie would be pretty sweet though. Hopefully Disney doesn't screw up the dead pool movie they have planned.

Why would they? Deadpool is owned by FOX. Besides, Disney owns Miramax and miramax put out pulp fiction and kill bill.

the Asshats
08-31-2009, 11:47 AM

It already is screwed up. It is going to be stupid because it is nothing like comic book Deadpool.

Hopefully they don't make the movies childish and "clean" to appeal to younger audiences.

Replica
08-31-2009, 11:49 AM
Why would they? Deadpool is owned by FOX. Besides, Disney owns Miramax and miramax put out pulp fiction and kill bill.
wrd. Nothing to worry about here. Move along.

It's like saying Marlboro is going to mess up macaroni and cheese since they own kraft.

Nega-Patio
08-31-2009, 11:52 AM
I bet they come out with something dark/gritty just to shut everyone up about the whole thing. Come on a kick ass Capt America! :rock:

Scientific
08-31-2009, 11:53 AM
I don't know......Disney screwed up the NBA coverage on ABC. Maybe it wont be so bad.

rodneeking

Yeah but overall Deadpool is owned by Marvel. Disney acquired a whole bunch or all of their characters it said in the article. I'm sure deadpool is on that list. I just don't want Disney to dumb down their movies, most of their fan base is children which they appeal most to and make most of their money off of.

It already is screwed up. It is going to be stupid because it is nothing like comic book Deadpool.

Hopefully they don't make the movies childish and "clean" to appeal to younger audiences.

Well Ryan Reynolds has a big say in how the movie is going to be, since he's a big dead pool fan and is doing his research off the comics hopefully he does it right in this movie. I'm hoping they don't do that to the movies either.

P1C4Z0
Oh and Striptease was also a Disney film, bet you didn't know that.

P1C4Z0
08-31-2009, 11:55 AM
Yeah but overall Deadpool is owned by Marvel. Disney acquired a whole bunch or all of their characters it said in the article. I'm sure deadpool is on that list. I just don't want Disney to dumb down their movies, most of their fan base is children which they appeal most to and make most of their money off of.

Yeah I understand and agree, but the contracts are still legally binding so Disney won't get ahold of Deadpool until FOX either doesn't renew or just outright gives him up.

Nega-Patio
08-31-2009, 11:57 AM
Sixth Sense
Gone in 60 Seconds
Cinderella Man
Deja Vu
Coyote Ugly < totally a kids film, right?
Blood In, Blood Out
TOMBSTONE

Recon
08-31-2009, 12:00 PM

Disney has multiple publishing company's including Miramax (Which used to be The Wienstien Company), Touchstone (Which now absorbed Dreamworks for 5 years). I dont think anyone has anyth ing to worry about as Marvel movies will either be broadcast through Miramax or even their own label.

The only thing you would want to fret about would be a darker comic film as Disney doesent take kindly to R rated movies. Then again what movies hero movies are R rated?

Nega-Patio
08-31-2009, 12:05 PM
The only thing you would want to fret about would be a darker comic film as Disney doesent take kindly to R rated movies. Then again what movies hero movies are R rated?

The Punisher was rated R. The 1st one was good, most recent one I didn't even watch because Thomas Jane declined to reprise his role due to a crappy script.

P1C4Z0
08-31-2009, 12:13 PM
http://www.hi-upload.com/upload/uploaded11/1251741917086.jpg

i also hope this means an Incredibles monthly or something

Nega-Patio
08-31-2009, 12:15 PM
maybe he'll shoot red or blue lazers like in the gijoe cartoons :rofl:

at least we know who shot bambis mom now

rodneeking
08-31-2009, 12:17 PM
Disney has multiple publishing company's including Miramax (Which used to be The Wienstien Company), Touchstone (Which now absorbed Dreamworks for 5 years). I dont think anyone has anyth ing to worry about as Marvel movies will either be broadcast through Miramax or even their own label.

Well since Super Heroes and what not appeal to children, that's why I'm kind of leaning towards them doing something like that. Itís where the money is and the benjamins speak really loud and clear if the opportunity is there.

I wonít rule them out when it comes to putting out some good marvel movies but itís just going to be one of those see it to believe it kind of things when they do get their hands on a Marvel movie.

Recon
08-31-2009, 02:04 PM
Under the current schedule they wouldnt be due to make a movie until after 2012, the world will end before then anyway....

LabtopThief_jr
08-31-2009, 02:28 PM
I am glad disney took over, they have a lot of money to help make the movies better and their animated movies are just amazing.