PDA

View Full Version : Brakes need help

HieustonTX
08-29-2009, 08:45 AM
There is a list of things that my brakes are doing.

- As I'm driving, brakes are sensitive, so sensitive that brake lights doesn't come on unless applied hard enough

- After coming to a stop, And accelerating the brakes are slightly slightly engaged so i have to put my foot under it and lift it up. It doesn't feel as if the pedal was ever down but it does allow me to accelerate faster. ( i don't have to hold it up )

- ONLY when the headlights are on, my brake lights including the middle stay on at all times. It slightly gets brighter but not noticeable until close.

Things i checked, All fuses, fluids, brake switch, the little thingy that blocks the switch.

What a few people suggested ( all with mechanic background )
- wiring ( for the lights always being on )
- master cylinder
- alarm
- sell car go bike

HieustonTX
08-31-2009, 02:44 PM
I tested my master cylinder by stepping on the brakes while the motor is off. Yes it does get hard after like 2 pumps at most. Heard if it gets hard = good?

Also it gets hard while braking with motor on SOMETIMES, guessing faulty brake booster?

HieustonTX
08-31-2009, 04:53 PM
K seems as if i fixed the sensitive brakes

Only problem

- ONLY when the headlights are on, my brake lights including the middle stay on at all times. It slightly gets brighter when braking but not noticeable until close.

HieustonTX
09-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Lights fixed, looked at my brake light bulbs, they were both the same wattage... just one was from china another from japan... bought two bulbs BAM works perfect. MUHAHAHA

creektrack
09-01-2009, 04:12 PM
WTF...I'm glad you made a thread to let everyone know that you figured everything out...and to think, I was gonna come in here and help you....How did you fix the brakes? and that seems wierd that the lights did that just cuz they were chinese vs. japanese....damn asians...

HieustonTX
09-01-2009, 04:37 PM
The brakes; as I was under the dash checking my wiring, I readjusted my brake sensor so it was lower then usual( without knowing ). Plus the little thumb tac thingy that blows the sensor, i took it out and sanded it down so it wouldn't be so bulky. Put it back and bam! brakes perfectly.... But let me go ahead and thank you for going to try to help

HieustonTX
09-01-2009, 04:38 PM
and damn asians never get along!

creektrack
09-01-2009, 04:43 PM
Good shit...Maybe I can help quicker next time...