PDA

View Full Version : Working out with No Sleep

70Charger
08-20-2009, 07:16 AM
I didn't find a thread like this so i thought i'd ask.

I've had a really hard time sleeping today got in bed at like 2 a.m laid there till about 6 am.

I was curious, just because i need to get back to the Gym in general, and i know working out gets you pumped, and wakes you up.

Is it 'ok' to workout with no sleep? Or will my gains be plundered by doing this? I've done it with a few hours of sleep but never no sleep. Anyone with experience on this? Thanks! :facepalm:

HatchMan
08-20-2009, 07:25 AM
i use to have insomnia untill i started working out. but then i started working out at night and it would keep me up still. so i switched to 5 am and it helps knock me out by bedtime. about the no sleep, youll feel exhausted and out of gas untill your endorphins kick in. you will still gain but your workouts will suffer.

70Charger
08-20-2009, 07:40 AM
Gotcha appreciate it.. I'm already exhausted so fuck it lol. Working out will probably give me more energy than i have..

I used to be on a 7 day a week workout schedule inbetween that, and work i lost 30 lb. man. Went from 250 to 217-221(depending on what time of day i weighed)

Then i switched to working in the evening was too tired(i was a bitch) to get myself to go in the afternoon before work, and my gym closed at 10 when i got off. But i'm changing to mornings so it's time to get my shit together :thumb: Thanks again!

TheSnowMan
08-20-2009, 12:34 PM
Your are not going to hurt your gains unless you continue to get no to little sleep. Your muscles need a chance to rest and rebuild. Working out on no sleep will get you pumped for a short bit but you will really feel it if you are doing heavy weights.

winc281
08-20-2009, 04:37 PM
Have to make sure to get adequate hours of sleep a night. Its good for your overall health.

HatchMan
08-20-2009, 04:47 PM
scientist have just produce claims that some humans have evolved to only live off of 5 hours sleep a day, in fact they say that those ppl tend to live the longest. werid shit

Vincent
08-20-2009, 07:19 PM
Not enough sleep will definitely hurt muscle-building gains. I've had the same problem this week where I lay in bed for 2-3hrs and end up getting only 4hrs of sleep. That alone forced me to have to take a break in the gym since I could tell I hadn't recovered from the previous workout, yet.

70Charger
08-20-2009, 11:04 PM
Yea i've been up since 5pm yesterday gonna go to bed now, get up 8-9ish get some good sleep. Lowerbody tomorrow!!(or today rather)

oki_boy
08-21-2009, 12:04 AM
i know i cant concentrate on working out with no sleep. i sparred after a week of only being able to sleep for 2 or 3 hours, and got my ass totally kicked.

sleep. its good for ya.

Sepultura
08-22-2009, 07:19 PM
sleep is detremental in bodybuilding. Your muscles need the rest that they get when you sleep. Your gains will be minimal if you dont get enough sleep. Take some nyquil and call it a night. If your just a casual fitness guy, then i guess its not going to matter.

jnguyen26
08-23-2009, 12:33 AM
couldnt have said it any better

merked
08-23-2009, 08:09 AM
sleep is detremental in bodybuilding. Your muscles need the rest that they get when you sleep. Your gains will be minimal if you dont get enough sleep. Take some nyquil and call it a night. If your just a casual fitness guy, then i guess its not going to matter.

i think you might have meant that sleep is crucial in bodybuilding...not detrimental

HimNameTuStah
08-23-2009, 08:14 AM
I haven't been getting enough sleep the past several nights. Working overnights does weird things to your body.

On the bright side, I ate 5 donuts so I feel happy. My heart doesn't though.